The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

+106
Dek of Villa
Chrissylee1111
Basher
Kaz
whiteensign
supermon
Southern Villan
DaveAV1
LukeWilliamsOBE
South London Villan
jd
gdav
Morgan Villa
Villa jimmy
bryanallcott1976
Olof Mellberg
marko63
tbarrules
Cathal Coughlan's Dog
danclare82
holtehero
Nix999
Jim
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
The Utterer
StringGhost
mrshnn
Hornso
CoE82
gaffer85
ada86
Voice of reason
Saunders82
Leafs1201
VTID85
Heisenberg
tonyp
Morpheus
AVit
Trezzy
pcfbavfcoman
thinlizzy
Malandro
upthevilla76
smoke
Fpuppys
Macca68
roba19
Poseidon
Steveallen79
floyed
Withes Sweatbands
zxc
GodzoneVilla
B62 Villa
kirramp
De Kuip
heystally!
Wigteke
Wookster
Dions_Bald_Head
Jimmycarr
villashrew
Green Villan
Coseley Villa
ember
GhostDad
Andyh
Villarocks666
VillaBill
clarryblue
larvin86
villabromsgrove
Mr Beast
Kakacroom
GadgetMan
My Old Man
Keyser Soze
jeffvilla
DN1982
Denis_B
Villa_Dan
LVBrit
SouthernVilla
TheLeftSide
DR Peters
lukevilla
Rawlie
Alpe_DHuez
Trotters
kimbo
stewiek
pooligan
River
HarryAVFC
jamavfc1
Mazrim
Mortimer1982
Dgrizzle7
viva_la_amo
RoyRace
banneruk
R1chuk
jvilla
UnclePanda
bazzah
110 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 40 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by Guest Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:18 pm

tbarrules wrote:Has it been confirmed Fox starts on 12th september?

HH was wrong on that - we've been told he starts on the 8th sept.

Back to top Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 40 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by LVBrit Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:34 pm

Eastie wrote:I will be totally honest kaz - three sources we have heard from all inside the club  have all been said exactly the same regarding the club being sold but no name has been mentioned .

I think Fox 's arrival will be very interesting next week and we will see what he has to say.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jofNR_WkoCE
LVBrit

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 40 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:11 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:
Dek of Villa wrote:
Eastie wrote:
Chrissylee1111 wrote:Lerner loves lambert, I would imagine that they will give him until the next transfer window. I may have just convinced myself about a takeover. Maybe the whole idea of Fox is to generate the needed income to invest in the team. I think it could actually be Arison, he and fox know each other and Fox is known for his ability to generate revenue. If it is Arison this could be a match made in heaven.
This is for you Dancing Banana

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NW7VnHnX3LQ

This for everyone and our very own new Fox!......I used to love this in the 70's Beer

Sweet - Fox On The Run (HD High Definition

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjfZG9UzK7E
Thanks for that. Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 40 3769219917  I had hair as long as Brian Connelly's but I was better looking! Beer (I was mid twenties then)

Brian or Billy...? Very Happy
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 40 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:15 pm

Dions_Bald_Head wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:
Dek of Villa wrote:
Eastie wrote:
Chrissylee1111 wrote:Lerner loves lambert, I would imagine that they will give him until the next transfer window. I may have just convinced myself about a takeover. Maybe the whole idea of Fox is to generate the needed income to invest in the team. I think it could actually be Arison, he and fox know each other and Fox is known for his ability to generate revenue. If it is Arison this could be a match made in heaven.
This is for you Dancing Banana

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NW7VnHnX3LQ

This for everyone and our very own new Fox!......I used to love this in the 70's Beer

Sweet - Fox On The Run (HD High Definition

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjfZG9UzK7E
Thanks for that. Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 40 3769219917  I had hair as long as Brian Connelly's but I was better looking! Beer (I was mid twenties then)

Brian or Billy...? Very Happy
Brian the blonde guy from Sweet, but also as long as Billy's. I was a real hippy left over. Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 40 1420239857
villabromsgrove

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 40 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:36 pm

Eastie wrote:

Brian Doogan on Twitter tonight: "International games dominate agenda, will present Tom in build-up 2 @LFC "

Back to top Go down

Post by bazzah Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:39 pm

Mardybum72 wrote:
Eastie wrote:

Brian Doogan on Twitter tonight: "International games dominate agenda, will present Tom in build-up 2 @LFC "

The plot thickens....
bazzah

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:43 pm

bazzah wrote:
Mardybum72 wrote:
Eastie wrote:

The plot thickens....

Build up to Liverpool game suggests AVTV interview on Wednesday or Thursday I reckon....so most likely starting Monday....the 8th!

Back to top Go down

Post by tbarrules Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:04 pm

Why is Doogan so open now? He was never like this before.

I don't even remember him answering fans at all, even on ticket situations.

I think it's because we are doing well at the moment.
tbarrules

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyRace Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:37 pm

https://twitter.com/suttonnick/status/507641804708384769

I am definitely not happy with this headline.

I'm currently seeking legal advice for infringement of trade mark Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 40 1715320296
RoyRace
RoyRace

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:18 pm

RoyRace wrote:https://twitter.com/suttonnick/status/507641804708384769

I am definitely not happy with this headline.

I'm currently seeking legal advice for infringement of trade mark Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 40 1715320296

Don't worry RR, the headline should really have said Woy of the Wavers, I think your USP is safe Very Happy
De Kuip
De Kuip

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 40 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaz Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:35 am

sometimes it takes a while to build a squad and be competitive. It took Sir Alex a while and he almost got sacked at Utd. I am certainly not comparing Lambert to Sir Alex but if someone as good as SA needed time.. then so will Lambert. He also doesn't have the benefit of having kids like Beckham Giggs etc coming through or the money.

Its taken 3 years but looking at our squad.. it doesn't look too bad now at full strength. I would leave him for the rest of the season. Certainly till Christmas and see how he goes with his squad. Roy Keane and Lambert seem to be doing well together. I would hate for a new owner come in and change things and end up like Fulham.

Lambert has been quite shrewd in the transfer market. His worst signings have been the very cheap gambles. When he has spent over 3-4 million he has got some great players in.
Kaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:02 am

To a large degree they've been good. The left back issue is certainly a huge blot against him though.

As for Alex Purplenose, he was winning trophies from the word go, it getting knocked out by lower league dross on a sickeningly regular basis.

Ferguson did 0-100 in 10 seconds which wasn't good enough for plastic Man Utd wankers. Lambert hasn't hit 30 miles an hour yet and he's been going for a good while.
Trotters
Trotters

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 40 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:04 am

Kaz wrote:sometimes it takes a while to build a squad and be competitive. It took Sir Alex a while and he almost got sacked at Utd. I am certainly not comparing Lambert to Sir Alex but if someone as good as SA needed time.. then so will Lambert. He also doesn't have the benefit of having kids like Beckham Giggs etc coming through or the money.

Its taken 3 years but looking at our squad.. it doesn't look too bad now at full strength. I would leave him for the rest of the season. Certainly till Christmas and see how he goes with his squad. Roy Keane and Lambert seem to be doing well together. I would hate for a new owner come in and change things and end up like Fulham.

Lambert has been quite shrewd in the transfer market. His worst signings have been the very cheap gambles. When he has spent over 3-4 million he has got some great players in.

Totally agree. Lambert may be a horrible tactician, but he is one hell of a squad builder and has a fantastic eye for a player...
KMitch
KMitch

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 40 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:09 am

Im sure many of those chanting his name on sunday were calling fot his head only 3  days earlier - narrow wins over stoke and hull may convince some lambert is doing a great job ....for a week or two.

There have been many hoped for turning points under him that have all been false dawns - i remain unconvinced!

If a rich owner is paying close on £200m and had a manager such as mancini, klinsmann , lined up I sure as hell wouldn't scrap that and keep lambert on the basis of 4 shots on target in 4 games .

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLeftSide Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:29 am

I think many of those chanting his name felt comfortable doing so as all the people that have lost faith, or can't be arsed to go anymore, or can't justify it for bad performances/results or any other reason were probably the more vocal anti brigade,hence why they were first to no show.

Looks crap having bad attendance but if it's a happier vibe then the players may respond, if they respond then the fans may come back(apart from the ones that have said not until Lerner goes).

We then get back to a 90% full villa park, get in players backs and here we go again
TheLeftSide
TheLeftSide

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:56 am

Several times under lambert we have thought we may have turned the corner after a couple of decent results only then to go on a run of shocking results - we have seen what these players are capable of doing - the fact he has so rarely got them to produce their best in my view reflects on him as a poor manager

His asset is possibly in the transfer market where he has bought some decent players - it's his actual management on the pitch that concerns me , tactics. Formations, ability to change a game, substitutions and selections as well as his ability to motivate .

The points total so far is encouraging - if he can sustain a level of performance long term then fair play to him but I really doubt it.

-------

https://bellsareringing.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=1075

Last edited by Eastie on Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:58 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40