The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

+106
Dek of Villa
Chrissylee1111
Basher
Kaz
whiteensign
supermon
Southern Villan
DaveAV1
LukeWilliamsOBE
South London Villan
jd
gdav
Morgan Villa
Villa jimmy
bryanallcott1976
Olof Mellberg
marko63
tbarrules
Cathal Coughlan's Dog
danclare82
holtehero
Nix999
Jim
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
The Utterer
StringGhost
mrshnn
Hornso
CoE82
gaffer85
ada86
Voice of reason
Saunders82
Leafs1201
VTID85
Heisenberg
tonyp
Morpheus
AVit
Trezzy
pcfbavfcoman
thinlizzy
Malandro
upthevilla76
smoke
Fpuppys
Macca68
roba19
Poseidon
Steveallen79
floyed
Withes Sweatbands
zxc
GodzoneVilla
B62 Villa
kirramp
De Kuip
heystally!
Wigteke
Wookster
Dions_Bald_Head
Jimmycarr
villashrew
Green Villan
Coseley Villa
ember
GhostDad
Andyh
Villarocks666
VillaBill
clarryblue
larvin86
villabromsgrove
Mr Beast
Kakacroom
GadgetMan
My Old Man
Keyser Soze
jeffvilla
DN1982
Denis_B
Villa_Dan
LVBrit
SouthernVilla
TheLeftSide
DR Peters
lukevilla
Rawlie
Alpe_DHuez
Trotters
kimbo
stewiek
pooligan
River
HarryAVFC
jamavfc1
Mazrim
Mortimer1982
Dgrizzle7
viva_la_amo
RoyRace
banneruk
R1chuk
jvilla
UnclePanda
bazzah
110 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 12 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by Trotters Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:47 pm

No Eastie! You and these other cocks on TBAR are lying arseholes. You all said September so if a deal isn't announced by 8:30am on September 1, he's gonna shout and tweet and say it ain't happening, then have a wank, come back at 8:32 and shout and tweet some more.
Trotters
Trotters

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 12 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 12 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:48 pm

floyed wrote:If a takeover was happening why not Monday back steps spring to mind lol
If you want to comment on the Villa that's fine. If you're just here to snipe at the mods and on a general wind up, then you're wasting your time and ours. What's it going to be?
villabromsgrove

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 12 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:57 pm

Eastie wrote:
Kakacroom wrote:People on about PL s signings well most of them were less than 2 million ,now most clubs that spend that kind of money just hope to stay in the prem  , so to me it's job done whether they are still here or gone

His big problem is not his signings - it's his tactics, formation , lack of tactical nous and failure to motivate his team .
once again not defending Lambert but bigger and better managers have had similar problems. Moyes at United(70 mill later and a world class manager yet they seem even more clueless), AVB at Chelsea and Spurs, Big Phil at Chelsea. King Kenny, Mancini, Ancelotti etc. all of them inherited much stronger squads then Lambert and then spent blank cheques on trying to achieve success yet failed.
something is wrong at Man Utd and something was clearly wrong at Villa when Lambert arrived so in that sense he has achieved success in keeping us up(Lerner stated this was his target) in very trying circumstances.
Lerner has made some mistakes as has Lambert but I feel Fox has missed a trick by not coming a week earlier. takeover or no takeover its clear we need a special type player to lift the place, he should have spent the last week trying to get that type of player as a statement of intent, regardless of whos signing the cheques.
Keyser Soze

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 12 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:00 pm

Good post!
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:04 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:
floyed wrote:If a takeover was happening why not Monday back steps spring to mind lol
If you want to comment on the Villa that's fine. If you're just here to snipe at the mods and on a general wind up, then you're wasting your time and ours. What's it going to be?

Make my day Punk :twisted:

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 12 1956653425
My Old Man
My Old Man

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 12 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyRace Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:07 pm

Withes Sweatbands wrote:
RoyRace wrote:
Trotters wrote:
Withes Sweatbands wrote:It's being reported that Cleverly has been having talks with Roy keane.... Does anyone else think that if this is true it's a little bit odd. Surely he would meet with lambert as manager so why meet with his assistant. Appreciate the Manure link but that's still a bit odd to me. Has he been appraised of the long term plans of new owners .. Maybe lambo isn't part of them in that case .. All very odd

Normally, yes. Very odd.

But I suspect Keane is trying to help Cleverley into a new headspace where he can move on from his beloved Manure and into another club without ruining his potential and international career. They have a history so even if Keane wasn't doing it for Villa, I suspect he'd be having a chat anyway.

I went to the dentists the other day but I didn't see the main dentist I saw their assistant instead.

I saw their assistant because they've known me a lot longer than the dentist and I got exactly the same treatment as I would have gotten from the main dentist.

Too much being read into things methinks. Move on Wink

Disagree mate ... To have an assistant talk to a prospective signing is something I've never heard of before ... If I was going for a job I would want to speak to the person I will be working for too know what their plans are not their assistant however much I may or may not know him .....

Just because you've never heard of it doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

There's nothing to suggest anything here other than preliminary talks and I'm pretty sure Lambert will be involved if he decides to sign for us.

I just think that people try to read too much into something that isn't there.
RoyRace
RoyRace

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 12 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:12 pm

- "Tom?"
- "Yes, Roy"
- "You need to let to of your Man Utd dream now. It has come to an end. It's time to look at the career that you've started to make for yourself, be proud of what you've achieved, turn the page and write the next wonderful chapter in the book of your life"
- "With Villa, Roy?"
- "Hahahahaha. See, you have a great sense of humour too lad. Now, jog on"
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:16 pm

lol!
Trotters wrote:- "Tom?"
- "Yes, Roy"
- "You need to let to of your Man Utd dream now. It has come to an end. It's time to look at the career that you've started to make for yourself, be proud of what you've achieved, turn the page and write the next wonderful chapter in the book of your life"
- "With Villa, Roy?"
- "Hahahahaha. See, you have a great sense of humour too lad. Now, jog on"
lol! This just totally cracked me up! cheers
villabromsgrove

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 12 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Macca68 Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:17 pm

Keyser Soze wrote:
Eastie wrote:
Kakacroom wrote:People on about PL s signings well most of them were less than 2 million ,now most clubs that spend that kind of money just hope to stay in the prem  , so to me it's job done whether they are still here or gone

His big problem is not his signings - it's his tactics, formation , lack of tactical nous and failure to motivate his team .
once again not defending Lambert but bigger and better managers have had similar problems. Moyes at United(70 mill later and a world class manager yet they seem even more clueless), AVB at Chelsea and Spurs, Big Phil at Chelsea. King Kenny,  Mancini, Ancelotti etc. all of them inherited much stronger squads then Lambert and then spent blank cheques on trying to achieve success yet failed.
something is wrong at Man Utd and something was clearly wrong at Villa when Lambert arrived so in that sense he has achieved success in keeping us up(Lerner stated this was his target) in very trying circumstances.
Lerner has made some mistakes as has Lambert but I feel Fox has missed a trick by not coming a week earlier. takeover or no takeover its clear we need a special type player to lift the place, he should have spent the last week trying to get that type of player as a statement of intent, regardless of whos signing the cheques.

Personally I would be surprised if Fox is not taking an active part in the majority of Villas dealings currently. I can't imagine he'd be sitting down at his desk on Monday morning and saying "Right then where shall I start?" 1st Sep would presumably be the 'official' start date
Macca68

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:20 pm

I'd say so. The last thing he'd want is to walk into an unexpected shitstorm. He'd be fully aware of what's going on and will be burning the midnight oil making sure everyone is on the same page he'll be on come 1 September.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:22 pm

Trotters wrote:I'd say so. The last thing he'd want is to walk into an unexpected shitstorm. He'd be fully aware of what's going on and will be burning the midnight oil making sure everyone is on the same page he'll be on come 1 September.

Do you think hes met Lambert and Keane already?
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:25 pm

I do smile when I think of how that would go.

Forward planning with Keane. And with Lambert....close the lid on the laptop to avoid that awkward Skype moment.

Maybe snapchat him that "You there! Fuck off!" Image.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:27 pm

Trotters wrote:I do smile when I think of how that would go.

Forward planning with Keane. And with Lambert....close the lid on the laptop to avoid that awkward Skype moment.

Maybe snapchat him that "You there! Fuck off!" Image.

Haha, to be a fly on the wall Laughing
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by heystally! Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:15 pm

Does anyone else think that Monday will be a let down regarding transfers?

If a takeover has been agreed I'd be expecting at least two signings before the window closes. Yet I'm betting we either get Cleverely or some other central midfielder and that'll be it.
heystally!

http://aviewfromtheholteend.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:17 pm

I think 2 in and 2 out .

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:19 pm

heystally! wrote:Does anyone else think that Monday will be a let down regarding transfers?

If a takeover has been agreed I'd be expecting at least two signings before the window closes. Yet I'm betting we either get Cleverely or some other central midfielder and that'll be it.

Just this.......................

Fpuppys
Fpuppys

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 12 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by R1chuk Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:20 pm

Is this the transfer thread now? Might as well call this the chat about anything thread.

Razz
R1chuk
R1chuk

Back to top Go down

Post by smoke Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:26 pm

R1chuk wrote:Is this the transfer thread now? Might as well call this the chat about anything thread.

Razz

All "Is this the.........thread" chat to the "stay on topic or we'll all die" thread.

K, Thanks.
smoke
smoke

http://www.autobotics.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:27 pm

R1chuk wrote:Is this the transfer thread now? Might as well call this the chat about anything thread.

Razz

Can you please keep on topic :)
Seriously we are all guilty of it and it is easily done but the ego will have a deadline day thread and we will have TBAR chat room open all day so please lets try and keep this for takeover talk -.

Back to top Go down

Post by heystally! Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:28 pm

If it's takeover related then anything goes. Issue I was raising is that surely we should see some good signs re: new signings if indeed a takeover is almost complete. If not, then who the fuck does this new guy think he is, Randy Lerner?!
heystally!

http://aviewfromtheholteend.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by R1chuk Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:29 pm

Eastie wrote:

Razz

Seriously we are all guilty of it and it is easily done but the ego will have a deadline day thread and we will have TBAR chat room open all day so please lets try and keep this for takeover talk -.

On that note, is it worth doing a poll for what date the takeover might be announced? Scarf Waving
R1chuk
R1chuk

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:30 pm

heystally! wrote:If it's takeover related then anything goes. Issue I was raising is that surely we should see some good signs re: new signings if indeed a takeover is almost complete. If not, then who the fuck does this new guy think he is, Randy Lerner?!

I see what you did there Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 12 1662365926
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Withes Sweatbands Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:31 pm

RoyRace wrote:
Withes Sweatbands wrote:
RoyRace wrote:
Trotters wrote:
Withes Sweatbands wrote:It's being reported that Cleverly has been having talks with Roy keane.... Does anyone else think that if this is true it's a little bit odd. Surely he would meet with lambert as manager so why meet with his assistant. Appreciate the Manure link but that's still a bit odd to me. Has he been appraised of the long term plans of new owners .. Maybe lambo isn't part of them in that case .. All very odd

Normally, yes. Very odd.

But I suspect Keane is trying to help Cleverley into a new headspace where he can move on from his beloved Manure and into another club without ruining his potential and international career. They have a history so even if Keane wasn't doing it for Villa, I suspect he'd be having a chat anyway.

I went to the dentists the other day but I didn't see the main dentist I saw their assistant instead.

I saw their assistant because they've known me a lot longer than the dentist and I got exactly the same treatment as I would have gotten from the main dentist.

Too much being read into things methinks. Move on Wink

Disagree mate ... To have an assistant talk to a prospective signing is something I've never heard of before ... If I was going for a job I would want to speak to the person I will be working for too know what their plans are not their assistant however much I may or may not know him .....

Just because you've never heard of it doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

There's nothing to suggest anything here other than preliminary talks and I'm pretty sure Lambert will be involved if he decides to sign for us.

I just think that people try to read too much into something that isn't there.

The only thing I'm reading in to it is that it's very strange for an assistant manager to meet prospective new signing rather than the person who's in charge of team affairs ... Not at all saying it means a takeover is imminent it is just a very odd thing and I would love to know the t reason why .. If indeed it had happened like reported .. which it may not of course
Withes Sweatbands
Withes Sweatbands

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:37 pm

R1chuk wrote:
Eastie wrote:

Razz

On that note,  is it worth doing a poll for what date the takeover might be announced? Scarf Waving

Depends what prize you are offering Wink
Yes if you wish to set up a thread with a guess the date then you are welcome to do so .
I will say Friday sept 5th .

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:43 pm

:wanker:
Mazrim
Mazrim

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 12 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next