The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

+106
Dek of Villa
Chrissylee1111
Basher
Kaz
whiteensign
supermon
Southern Villan
DaveAV1
LukeWilliamsOBE
South London Villan
jd
gdav
Morgan Villa
Villa jimmy
bryanallcott1976
Olof Mellberg
marko63
tbarrules
Cathal Coughlan's Dog
danclare82
holtehero
Nix999
Jim
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
The Utterer
StringGhost
mrshnn
Hornso
CoE82
gaffer85
ada86
Voice of reason
Saunders82
Leafs1201
VTID85
Heisenberg
tonyp
Morpheus
AVit
Trezzy
pcfbavfcoman
thinlizzy
Malandro
upthevilla76
smoke
Fpuppys
Macca68
roba19
Poseidon
Steveallen79
floyed
Withes Sweatbands
zxc
GodzoneVilla
B62 Villa
kirramp
De Kuip
heystally!
Wigteke
Wookster
Dions_Bald_Head
Jimmycarr
villashrew
Green Villan
Coseley Villa
ember
GhostDad
Andyh
Villarocks666
VillaBill
clarryblue
larvin86
villabromsgrove
Mr Beast
Kakacroom
GadgetMan
My Old Man
Keyser Soze
jeffvilla
DN1982
Denis_B
Villa_Dan
LVBrit
SouthernVilla
TheLeftSide
DR Peters
lukevilla
Rawlie
Alpe_DHuez
Trotters
kimbo
stewiek
pooligan
River
HarryAVFC
jamavfc1
Mazrim
Mortimer1982
Dgrizzle7
viva_la_amo
RoyRace
banneruk
R1chuk
jvilla
UnclePanda
bazzah
110 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? Empty Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by bazzah Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:52 pm

£EIGHT million! Of Randy's money!!?! Crickey!! Earlier today I was leaning towards no takeover - now I have no idea what to think. No way would Lerner sanction this move; unless this was the rumoured £10m pound midfielder we were looking to sign in the Jan transfer window - but would he have "been for sale" then? It may explain the Gardner loan switch a few days back - but who's funding this move?
bazzah

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by Guest Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:54 pm

bazzah wrote:£EIGHT million! Of Randy's money!!?! Crickey!! Earlier today I was leaning towards no takeover - now I have no idea what to think. No way would Lerner sanction this move; unless this was the rumoured £10m pound midfielder we were looking to sign in the Jan transfer window - but would he have "been for sale" then? It may explain the Gardner loan switch a few days back - but who's funding this move?
bazzah, that was my question earlier. Where the hell has this money come from ?

Back to top Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by UnclePanda Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:54 pm

bazzah wrote: but who's funding this move?

the billion dollar question!
UnclePanda
UnclePanda

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:56 pm

UnclePanda wrote:
bazzah wrote: but who's funding this move?

the billion dollar question!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTmXHvGZiSY
That's Lerner in the Boardroom. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by jvilla Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:58 pm

Think the Telegraph is worth watching for villa news, broke the Cleverly story, broke the fox story, only paper tracking arison. Also broke the fox story when he went to le arse going on a google search - maybe fox is mates with a journo there...
jvilla
jvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by R1chuk Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:59 pm

PDC Lion wrote:
bazzah wrote:£EIGHT million! Of Randy's money!!?! Crickey!! Earlier today I was leaning towards no takeover - now I have no idea what to think. No way would Lerner sanction this move; unless this was the rumoured £10m pound midfielder we were looking to sign in the Jan transfer window - but would he have "been for sale" then? It may explain the Gardner loan switch a few days back - but who's funding this move?
bazzah, that was my question earlier. Where the hell has this money come from ?

I would think that the money will come from 1) Vlaar going in the other direction or 2) our new owners. Hope it's 2, think it's 1. Sad
R1chuk
R1chuk

Back to top Go down

Post by banneruk Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:59 pm

Could this be Randy having a second shot at making us good?
banneruk

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyRace Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:59 pm

The recent purchases of Sanchez and Cissokho, the appointment of Tom Fox as CEO and todays bid for Cleverley all seems to point in a dramatic change in direction for the club.

Whether this change of direction is down to Lerner being 're-energised' as Jake Humphrey put it on twitter earlier today or whether something else is going on in the background regarding new ownership I honestly don't know.

All I do know is that a midfield on paper of Sanchez, Delph and Cleverley doesn't look too bad, considering what we had in midfield last season.

I mean Sanchez was the rock (pardon the pun) in a Colombia team that excelled in the World Cup and were unlucky not to go any further than the quarter finals, then we have Delph who has finally got a much deserved call-up to the England squad.

It wasn't so long that Cleverley was in that England squad and was also a regular in an Alex Ferguson Man Utd team, who didn't do too badly as I remember.

Was he good enough for England or Man Utd? Well actually in my opinion, no he wasn't and he was probably only in the England squad because he played for Man Utd.

That doesn't mean though that he isn't good enough for us, as I think we have to be realistic as Villa fans as to where we currently are and he is in my opinion a vast improvement on what we had last season.

I mean we're basically swapping Sylla and KEA for Sanchez and Cleverley (if he signs), does that not make us look stronger in a midfield area we got overun in last season, if you're realistic about it?

With regard to the change of direction (to keep this takeover related and keep the internet milk-monitors happy) we are potentially spending over £15m in the transfer market, when we were told that only £10m was available and the rumours are that there are another 1 or 2 players due to come in.

We now have a new CEO, who's done great things commercially at L'Arse and more importantly knows about football. Why leave the security of that job to come to the 'uncertainty' here, unless he's been convinced by Lerner's re-energising or he's been put in place by a potential new owner.

I personally think we are in a much better place than 12 months ago if you're realistic about it and I can only see things getting better but there will no doubts be a lot of bumps along the why, with last night certainly being one of them.

The only thing I'm not certain about is whether it will get better with Lambert in charge?
RoyRace
RoyRace

Back to top Go down

Post by viva_la_amo Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:08 pm

We are in a better place than we were last season but it's nothing to do with a change of spending. If anything we've spent less than the last two summers.

Things had become so bad they could only get better.
viva_la_amo

Back to top Go down

Post by viva_la_amo Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:09 pm

PDC Lion wrote:
viva_la_amo wrote:I'm no fan of Lambert but if fans are so concerned about the League Cup maybe we should get a previous winner of the cup as manager.   Oh wait a minute......
viva mate, your on the wrong thread Very Happy Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? 1815562058 Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? 693198913

Gets lonely sometimes Tumbleweed
viva_la_amo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:17 pm

RoyRace wrote:The recent purchases of Sanchez and Cissokho, the appointment of Tom Fox as CEO and todays bid for Cleverley all seems to point in a dramatic change in direction for the club.

Whether this change of direction is down to Lerner being 're-energised' as Jake Humphrey put it on twitter earlier today or whether something else is going on in the background regarding new ownership I honestly don't know.

All I do know is that a midfield on paper of Sanchez, Delph and Cleverley doesn't look too bad, considering what we had in midfield last season.

I mean Sanchez was the rock (pardon the pun) in a Colombia team that excelled in the World Cup and were unlucky not to go any further than the quarter finals, then we have Delph who has finally got a much deserved call-up to the England squad.

It wasn't so long that Cleverley was in that England squad and was also a regular in an Alex Ferguson Man Utd team, who didn't do too badly as I remember.

Was he good enough for England or Man Utd? Well actually in my opinion, no he wasn't and he was probably only in the England squad because he played for Man Utd.

That doesn't mean though that he isn't good enough for us, as I think we have to be realistic as Villa fans as to where we currently are and he is in my opinion a vast improvement on what we had last season.

I mean we're basically swapping Sylla and KEA for Sanchez and Cleverley (if he signs), does that not make us look stronger in a midfield area we got overun in last season, if you're realistic about it?

With regard to the change of direction (to keep this takeover related and keep the internet milk-monitors happy) we are potentially spending over £15m in the transfer market, when we were told that only £10m was available and the rumours are that there are another 1 or 2 players due to come in.

We now have a new CEO, who's done great things commercially at L'Arse and more importantly knows about football. Why leave the security of that job to come to the 'uncertainty' here, unless he's been convinced by Lerner's re-energising or he's been put in place by a potential new owner.

I personally think we are in a much better place than 12 months ago if you're realistic about it and I can only see things getting better but there will no doubts be a lot of bumps along the why, with last night certainly being one of them.

The only thing I'm not certain about is whether it will get better with Lambert in charge?
Fantastic post Roy. Nail on head pal.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:18 pm

viva_la_amo wrote:
PDC Lion wrote:
viva_la_amo wrote:I'm no fan of Lambert but if fans are so concerned about the League Cup maybe we should get a previous winner of the cup as manager.   Oh wait a minute......
viva mate, your on the wrong thread Very Happy Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? 1815562058 Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? 693198913

Gets lonely sometimes Tumbleweed
You can always cross over to the dark side so it is.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dgrizzle7 Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:48 pm

PDC Lion wrote:
RoyRace wrote:The recent purchases of Sanchez and Cissokho, the appointment of Tom Fox as CEO and todays bid for Cleverley all seems to point in a dramatic change in direction for the club.

Fantastic post Roy. Nail on head pal.

Great read. I'm hoping for more news on the horizon utv
Dgrizzle7
Dgrizzle7

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortimer1982 Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:54 pm

Absolutely 100% spot on
Mortimer1982

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:04 pm

Excellent excellent post. A heartening read after lookng at the crap being spouted on Twitter all night!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:08 pm

Clever is alright for where we are at the moment. Before we climb back up to where we should be we'll need some stepping stone players and he's that. I'd like some more imaginative business but what are you gonna do?  Maybe we can loan somebody really good too. We haven't done any loan business yet.

However, If Vlaar is anything to do with the deal, I'm going to be so angry that I'll throw my own shit at a monkey.
Mazrim
Mazrim

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by viva_la_amo Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:17 pm

Signing Cleverly would make me start believing there could be a takeover happening.
viva_la_amo

Back to top Go down

Post by jamavfc1 Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:25 pm

Cleverley would be a good signing by the new owners in my opinion.

Is Young good enough for Man Utd not in my opinion.

Is Milner good enough for Man City not in my opinion.

But both Young and Milner were good enough for us. Lets see how Cleverley does before making a judgement.
jamavfc1

Back to top Go down

Post by viva_la_amo Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:28 pm

jamavfc1 wrote:Cleverley would be a good signing by the new owners in my opinion.

But both Young and Milner were good enough for us. Lets see how Cleverley does before making a judgement.

Spot on mate. They were our best players
viva_la_amo

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyRace Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:33 pm

jamavfc1 wrote:Cleverley would be a good signing by the new owners in my opinion.

This
RoyRace
RoyRace

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:05 am

He's not the worst player, but it's the price that is putting me off him

And, we need wingers.
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by River Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:07 am

I think Cleverly could be a good player for us. I'm more worried about the manager's tactics.
River
River

Back to top Go down

Post by pooligan Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:22 am

Cant say i am overjoyed at the prospect of Cleverly joining us, but there again i remember feeling the same,when we signed another player from United who had a dodgy knee and a drink problem and he turned out to be pretty good
pooligan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:42 am

pooligan wrote:Cant say i am overjoyed at the prospect of Cleverly joining us, but there again i remember feeling the same,when we signed another player from United who had a dodgy knee and a drink problem and he turned out to be pretty good

true :)

Off topic: Another fellow person from Marston Green here Pooligan!! :)
You arn't StewartK. that i know are you?

Back to top Go down

Post by jamavfc1 Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:52 am

This Cleverley fee was my fear months ago. This could be the start of big things happening.

In the past when clubs have been sold other clubs hold them to ransom for higher fees. It happened with Man Utd, Chelsea, and Man City now it could be happening to us. Maybe information about the sale is beginning to circulate in the football world.
jamavfc1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next