The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

+106
Dek of Villa
Chrissylee1111
Basher
Kaz
whiteensign
supermon
Southern Villan
DaveAV1
LukeWilliamsOBE
South London Villan
jd
gdav
Morgan Villa
Villa jimmy
bryanallcott1976
Olof Mellberg
marko63
tbarrules
Cathal Coughlan's Dog
danclare82
holtehero
Nix999
Jim
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
The Utterer
StringGhost
mrshnn
Hornso
CoE82
gaffer85
ada86
Voice of reason
Saunders82
Leafs1201
VTID85
Heisenberg
tonyp
Morpheus
AVit
Trezzy
pcfbavfcoman
thinlizzy
Malandro
upthevilla76
smoke
Fpuppys
Macca68
roba19
Poseidon
Steveallen79
floyed
Withes Sweatbands
zxc
GodzoneVilla
B62 Villa
kirramp
De Kuip
heystally!
Wigteke
Wookster
Dions_Bald_Head
Jimmycarr
villashrew
Green Villan
Coseley Villa
ember
GhostDad
Andyh
Villarocks666
VillaBill
clarryblue
larvin86
villabromsgrove
Mr Beast
Kakacroom
GadgetMan
My Old Man
Keyser Soze
jeffvilla
DN1982
Denis_B
Villa_Dan
LVBrit
SouthernVilla
TheLeftSide
DR Peters
lukevilla
Rawlie
Alpe_DHuez
Trotters
kimbo
stewiek
pooligan
River
HarryAVFC
jamavfc1
Mazrim
Mortimer1982
Dgrizzle7
viva_la_amo
RoyRace
banneruk
R1chuk
jvilla
UnclePanda
bazzah
110 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 22 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:01 am

viva_la_amo wrote:I think we are right to not give Cleverly 80K though. That's taking the piss.
I totally agree, but I would like to have seen Sergio Canales offered bigger wages than he was on, but that didn't happen.
villabromsgrove

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 22 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 22 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by villashrew Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:05 am

villabromsgrove wrote:
villashrew wrote:I still find it strange as to how we have managed to keep hold of Vlaar, Delph and Grealish in the last years of their contracts. Very suprised no bids came in for any of them. This very fact still gives me hope that there is something happening behind the scenes regarding the takeover. If in the next couple of weeks we can get these three signed up to new 4 year contracts I will feel a damn site better for our future. Keeping these three has been our best business this summer.
Agreed, this was the best thing about today. However, I wonder whether Vlaar and Delph want to extend there contracts at a club that other reasonably good players don't want to join?
I can understand Randy not wanting to sanction 80k a week for Cleverley but my understanding is that players that prove their worth to the team are rewarded accordingly. Benteke et al all got improved contracts that are on a par with other mid table clubs around the 45k a week mark and as club captain and current player of the year I would expect those two to be rewarded too.

If neither do and no takeover happens then I would guarantee that they will be off on Jan 1st. 31st Jan they are free to talk to other clubs and if Randy is still here he would accept any reasonable bid that comes in to wring a few more quid out of the club.
villashrew
villashrew

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 22 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Hornso Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:05 am

HarryAVFC wrote:Could have spent the 8 mill on quality loans instead and used it for wages

Just look at the business Hull and Sainst are doing.

We need those owners, and quality manager in soon

Southampton isn't a good example. Just look at all the players they sold off.

I'm sure we would have brought some more people in if we had sold Delph, Vlaar & Benteke too.
Hornso
Hornso

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 22 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villashrew Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:09 am

villabromsgrove wrote:
viva_la_amo wrote:I think we are right to not give Cleverly 80K though. That's taking the piss.
I totally agree, but I would like to have seen Sergio Canales offered bigger wages than he was on, but that didn't happen.

Being at Sociadad he only has to pay 25% tax being there and is reportedly on 45k a week so to match that after tax we would have had to offer 60k. Plus we only offered 4mil and they only bought him for 3.5 6 months ago with a 30mil release clause so this was never going to happen and I feel it was just to get Cleverley to sign and drop his own demands.
villashrew
villashrew

Back to top Go down

Post by Hornso Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:11 am

Typical Villa transfer deadline day, but the most important part of the window is we kept Vlaar. Losing him could have undone our defensive improvement this season.

Now let's get him, Grealish & Delph signed on new deals and hope the takeover goes through and see where we are come January.

At least we didn't pay Cleverley stupid wages...
Hornso
Hornso

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:12 am

Hornso wrote:
HarryAVFC wrote:Could have spent the 8 mill on quality loans instead and used it for wages

Just look at the business Hull and Sainst are doing.

We need those owners, and quality manager in soon

Southampton isn't a good example. Just look at all the players they sold off.

I'm sure we would have brought some more people in if we had sold Delph, Vlaar & Benteke too.

There still signing quality. With 8 million, we could have got a couple of top quality loans in to add to the team
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 22 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:12 am

Are Vlaar and Delph fee to talk to clubs in Jan ?

Don't plYers like to be free agents ?
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:14 am

villashrew wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:

Being at Sociadad he only has to pay 25% tax being there and is reportedly on 45k a week so to match that after tax we would have had to offer 60k. Plus we only offered 4mil and they only bought him for 3.5 6 months ago with a 30mil release clause so this was never going to happen and I feel it was just to get Cleverley to sign and drop his own demands.
I knew about the tax break but I didn't realise he was earning that much, so it makes my comment unrealistic.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by villashrew Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:15 am

With 6 months remaining on their contracts from 31st Jan they are free to negotiate with clubs from abroad I believe to then move at the end of the season for free but not clubs in the same league. For them to move to another Premier League team it would have to be a sale during the transfer window.
villashrew
villashrew

Back to top Go down

Post by villashrew Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:17 am

villabromsgrove wrote:
villashrew wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:

I knew about the tax break but I didn't realise he was earning that much, so it makes my comment unrealistic.

Do you not think that Lambert or whoever deals with transfers could not have used Google as expertly as me to find out this little bit of info before making it public that we had bid? That is why I think it was made purely with the intention of getting Cleverley to lower his own demands. A bit like the bid we put in for Dempsey in the past I feel.

Yes I did some digging around when I was at work bored out of my brains as there was fuck all else transfer titbits to feed off! Laughing

Last edited by villashrew on Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:22 am; edited 1 time in total
villashrew
villashrew

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:20 am

villashrew wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:
villashrew wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:

Yes I did some digging around when I was at work bored out of my brains as there was fuck all else transfer titbits to feed off! Laughing
Thanks for putting me right. Beer
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by villashrew Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:25 am

villabromsgrove wrote:
villashrew wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:
villashrew wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 22 3769219917 You are most welcome VB and I would just like to congratulate yourself and all the other Mods on a successful day/night for the TBAR. Shame the same can't be said about the club.
Too much time on my hands at work.
villashrew
villashrew

Back to top Go down

Post by lukevilla Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:29 am

No disrespect to anyone on this forum but i think i believe Howard Hodgson was right in saying that Fox wasent in charge today (yesturday!
lukevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by villashrew Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:30 am

So Southampton still managed to clear 27mil profit and did some excellent business tonight. Gutted for them! Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 22 1662365926
villashrew
villashrew

Back to top Go down

Post by villashrew Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:31 am

lukevilla wrote:No disrespect to anyone on this forum but i think i believe Howard Hodgson was  right in saying that Fox wasent in charge today (yesturday!
Fox takes up his position on the 12th I believe so we were a rudderless ship today which I think explains a great deal.
villashrew
villashrew

Back to top Go down

Post by villashrew Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:33 am

villashrew
villashrew

Back to top Go down

Post by villashrew Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:36 am

Just realised I have been promoted to the second division tonight so it's not all doom and gloom!!!!! Scarf Waving
villashrew
villashrew

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:36 am

villashrew wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:
villashrew wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:
villashrew wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 22 3769219917 You are most welcome VB and I would just like to congratulate yourself and all the other Mods on a successful day/night for the TBAR. Shame the same can't be said about the club.
Too much time on my hands at work.
Thanks for the kind words.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:41 am

villashrew wrote:Just realised I have been promoted to the second division tonight so it's not all doom and gloom!!!!! Scarf Waving
Congrats on the promotion and thanks for some good posts today, I'm off to catch some zzzz's.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:02 am

Surprised that they didn't get someone in today...the attendances are reflecting the lack of buzz around the team in my opinion after years of uninspiring signings and what was that about today? Going for a guy who's on a 4 year contract from Spain and a Man U "Fat Cat" player who was always going to ask for silly money?

Fair do's for going for those players but are they seriously expecting to get them on the cheap?!..... Odd! :scratch:

I am happy with the business done this window but there are no "sexy" signings to really get the fans excited which is a shame. Still beggars can't be choosers. Scarf Waving
The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit of Bosco Jankovic Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:04 am

Come January they will all be clamouring for Villa to sign them as we sit a top the League!!!!

Fook Cleverley and his agent may he rot in the United reserves!
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic

Back to top Go down

Post by GodzoneVilla Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:35 am

What an absolute joke of an article although the comments made me smile.

So Cleverley was about to undergo a medical but his agents pulled the plug.. while at the same time the club pulled out because of wage demands... that article might as well have been written by the club... previously I thought they were the only who fuck up so much. That article is an embarrassment to journalism (as most are these days.)
GodzoneVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpe_DHuez Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:37 am

Seems like wages got in the way of any signings today. Bummer.
Alpe_DHuez
Alpe_DHuez

Back to top Go down

Post by pcfbavfcoman Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:38 am

Quite day, quite window, we really are playing with Fire, to not invest in quality in this league is to stand still and in fact go backwards. Cleverley not the answer, but what I cannot for the life of me understand is how we did not utilize the loan market.
pcfbavfcoman

Back to top Go down

Post by GodzoneVilla Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:02 am

pcfbavfcoman wrote:Quite day, quite window, we really are playing with Fire, to not invest in quality in this league is to stand still and in fact go backwards. Cleverley not the answer, but what I cannot for the life of me understand is how we did not utilize the loan market.

This puzzles me also - reading earlier it seems Lamberk left BMH at a relatively early time considering it was deadline day. Were there no contingencies? plan B's? Loan opportunities?  

Normally I would think it wouldn't particularly matter if the manager had identified players and then left it in the hands of the CEO - except ours hasn't started yet, and the fella filling in is a bean counter of the highest order.   To me it seems like a totally clueless way to operate.    So business as normal as far as Villa is concerned.

Then again Lamberk's idea of a quality loan signing is Gran Holt - so maybe it was a blessing in disguise.
GodzoneVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next