The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Aston Villa v Southampton pre match, match & post match thread. (Reaction Pg 11)

+29
Kippaxvilla
ROTTERDAM1982
Ron Dalian
Wookster
Cha Ching
Queneau
Andy_Villa
Penfold
RichRunner
Mazrim
TJVillan
Deano69
Kill@r33
Tomy-Flemba
The Utterer
Donnie Wyer
Andyh
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
villabromsgrove
Boz
Dek of Villa
One Little Bit
Richard E
lukevilla
villa_loyal
PHXVilla
CTVillan
Trotters
Thinman
33 posters

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

What will be the result?

Aston Villa v Southampton pre match, match & post match thread. (Reaction Pg 11) - Page 3 I_vote_lcap47%Aston Villa v Southampton pre match, match & post match thread. (Reaction Pg 11) - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 47% 
[ 20 ]
Aston Villa v Southampton pre match, match & post match thread. (Reaction Pg 11) - Page 3 I_vote_lcap23%Aston Villa v Southampton pre match, match & post match thread. (Reaction Pg 11) - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 23% 
[ 10 ]
Aston Villa v Southampton pre match, match & post match thread. (Reaction Pg 11) - Page 3 I_vote_lcap30%Aston Villa v Southampton pre match, match & post match thread. (Reaction Pg 11) - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 30% 
[ 13 ]

Total Votes : 43

Poll closed

Aston Villa v Southampton pre match, match & post match thread. (Reaction Pg 11) - Page 3 Empty Re: Aston Villa v Southampton pre match, match & post match thread. (Reaction Pg 11)

Post by Donnie Wyer Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:27 pm

I went for an away win as I can't see us getting anything.
I norm bet every week that we'll win as I love my team but after watching us of late, not even I can get excited.
Donnie Wyer
Donnie Wyer

Aston Villa v Southampton pre match, match & post match thread. (Reaction Pg 11) - Page 3 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa v Southampton pre match, match & post match thread. (Reaction Pg 11) - Page 3 Empty Re: Aston Villa v Southampton pre match, match & post match thread. (Reaction Pg 11)

Post by Trotters Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:43 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:Paul Lambert has been spotted leaving Bodymoor Heath arm in arm with Lee Mason who was clutching a very large brown paper bag in his other hand. Lambert, who was wearing a short black dress, stockings and high heels said to waiting reporters that "he was confident of getting a result". He also said that we would beat Southampton on saturday as well!

cheers cheers 
Trotters
Trotters

Aston Villa v Southampton pre match, match & post match thread. (Reaction Pg 11) - Page 3 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by lukevilla Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:14 am

My team

Guzan

Lowton, Clark, Vlaar, Bertrand

Westwood, Delph, El Ahmadi

Albrighton, Robinson, Agbonlahor

lukevilla

Aston Villa v Southampton pre match, match & post match thread. (Reaction Pg 11) - Page 3 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:25 am

This quote from Sid Cowans last year on the U21 match where they beat Newcastle 6-2 was interesting:

Cowans wrote:"There was some real quality out there. We played some very good stuff and dominated the game.

"There was a sloppy little five-minute spell where we seemed to take our foot off the gas but we picked it back up and we finished really well and took our chances."

It's the complete inverse of our first team, isn't it?

I've gone from dreading this match to really looking forward to it.
Trotters
Trotters

Aston Villa v Southampton pre match, match & post match thread. (Reaction Pg 11) - Page 3 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:52 am

Sadly i can only see a loss here. The amount of disruption in training and severe lack of fire power with Benteke out and Weimann & Gabby out of scoring form coupled with Holt being ...well Holt, means it's very difficult to see us out scoring a free flowing and very dangerous Southampton team who will be able to express themselves at will as they are under no pressure whatsoever in this game, though they will also be out to avenge our win at theirs earlier in the season.

Our only hope?

If we somehow put in another Chelsea performance and shut them out maybe we might get lucky and nick a winner.

The Utterer
The Utterer

Aston Villa v Southampton pre match, match & post match thread. (Reaction Pg 11) - Page 3 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomy-Flemba Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:55 am

lukevilla wrote:My team

Guzan

Westwood, Delph,  El Ahmadi

Guzan looks a little out of position there if you don't mind me saying  Wink Otherwise a good team. Maybe swap Westwood's a Delph's position and job's a goodun'! Would like to see Robinson given a chance but we all know it'll be Holt up front on Saturday!  Suspect 
Tomy-Flemba
Tomy-Flemba

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:07 am

Tomy-Flemba wrote:
lukevilla wrote:My team

Guzan

Westwood, Delph,  El Ahmadi

Guzan looks a little out of position there if you don't mind me saying  Wink Otherwise a good team. Maybe swap Westwood's a Delph's position and job's a goodun'! Would like to see Robinson given a chance but we all know it'll be Holt up front on Saturday!  Suspect 
That looks ok to me too, though I might start with Holt and bring on a fresh player around 70-75 mins.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:08 am

I'm not so sure. With Sid being in charge of the U21's and part of the bust up being about the lack of opportunity given to the youngsters, I have a feeling we might just see Robinson have a little bit of a run out.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:13 am

Trotters wrote:I'm not so sure. With Sid being in charge of the U21's and part of the bust up being about the lack of opportunity given to the youngsters, I have a feeling we might just see Robinson have a little bit of a run out.
Worth a shot, always bring Holt on later I am sure he will lay some part.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:03 pm

There was a big piece on Robinson on the Official Site this week so that might be pointing to something...

Back to top Go down

Post by Kill@r33 Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:21 pm

Id go

------------Guzan-------------
Lowton--Vlaar--Baker--Bertrand
-----El Ahmadi--Westwood-----
---Bacuna---Delph----Gabby---
-----------Weimann-----------

I know Weimann hasnt been on form but still prefer him to Holt, plus he needs a chance playing as striker, reckon he's more effective there than Gabby. Between Albrighton and Bacuna is a close call but Id go Bacuna since I rate him more.

But the most important factor is not how we line up, it will come down to who wants it more and if the news of the bullying and dislike of the staff is true, they should be really fired up.
Kill@r33

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:31 pm

I agree killer - I don't really see what holt brings to the table to be honest - he was in wigans reserves , is slow, and overweight and past his best.

Back to top Go down

Post by Deano69 Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:26 pm

This WILL be a draw.

Go and put as much spare cash as you can on it!

Don't say I didn't warn you.  Wink 
Deano69
Deano69

Back to top Go down

Post by TJVillan Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:41 pm

We seriously need a result here. We've lost 4 in a row but takeover talk and what seems to be a lot of change behind the scenes has given the fans a bit of optimism. We need to capitalise on that. Because if we lose, that feeling will disappear. We will be left with yet another home defeat, our 5th straight loss, looking over our shoulder and wondering where we are going to get the points to survive. The players heads will drop again and we will have 2 HUGE games against Swansea/Hull.

They are without Rodriguez and Ramirez, which means they will have less pace and runners in behind Lambert than usual. They are also pretty much done for the season, Pocchetino future uncertain, lost 3 of their last 4. But they are still a very good side. Lambert Lallana Schneiderlin and co are well capable of beating us. They are bound to dominate possession and put us under a lot of pressure. But that isn't the worst thing as it gives us a chance to get our counter working.

I'm predicting 2-2. And I would take a point - it would end the losing streak, something to build on going into the Hull and Swansea games, and probably puts us just out of reach of Norwich and Cardiff.
TJVillan
TJVillan

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:52 am

Do they have anyone in their squad that hasn't score for at least a year? Cuz that's a nailed-on goal right there.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:09 am

Ooooh you are cynical!

You're right though.  🤦 

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:44 am

I'm going for 2-1 Villa.

Guzan, Lowton, Vlaar, Clark, Bertrand, El Ahmadi, Westwood, Delph, Albrighton, Agbonlahor, Helenius.

That's how I'd go.
Mazrim
Mazrim

Aston Villa v Southampton pre match, match & post match thread. (Reaction Pg 11) - Page 3 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinman Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:29 am

Anybody else feeling a real sense of foreboding about today's match?

It's as if the entire future of our beloved club is on a knife edge. Win and we can look forward to the takeover with unbridled optimism. Lose and ............... Can't bear to even think what'll happen then.
Thinman
Thinman

Aston Villa v Southampton pre match, match & post match thread. (Reaction Pg 11) - Page 3 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:29 am

We'll get the points we need in the remaining games. It's still shit and not worthy of our club but I think we get one more shot at sorting this club out before disaster strikes.

So even if we don't get the points today, we'll still get them somewhere. Even though it's hard to see it right now.
Mazrim
Mazrim

Aston Villa v Southampton pre match, match & post match thread. (Reaction Pg 11) - Page 3 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:07 pm

Mazrim wrote:We'll get the points we need in the remaining games. It's still shit and not worthy of our club but I think we get one more shot at sorting this club out before disaster strikes.

So even if we don't get the points today, we'll still get them somewhere. Even though it's hard to see it right now.

I agree , we are extremely unlikely to go down - maybe a point will be enough - all eyes on Fulham v spurs and Cardiff v stoke

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:00 pm

Had dinner with my Norwich mate and his missus tonight. He's utterly convinced they are gone and can only hope for an absolute hail mary against the top sides they have to face.

He likes what the new manager is doing and loves that they play attacking, adventurous football that's total opposite of what Hughton was playing....put they can't seem to stick it in the net.

He's hoping West Brom fuck up and Norwich get a spawny draw or two from somewhere.

He doesn't think Villa are in trouble at all. That was nice to hear but doesn't make me feel better at the moment.

Maz's 4-3-3 looks good but I'd still go with 4-2-3-1 which would give us a bit more flexibility to change with circumstances.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by RichRunner Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:04 pm

I think we'll win because we simply have to now. A very nervy 1-0 win with insane pressure on us throughout.

RichRunner
RichRunner

Back to top Go down

Post by Penfold Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:03 pm

Albrighton starts, is this his first start?

If it is, it's interesting that it comes in the firm game since the changes this week.
Penfold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:04 pm

@MatKendrick: Villa: Guzan, Bacuna, Vlaar, Baker, Bertrand, Albrighton, Delph, Westwood, El Ahmadi, Agbonlahor, Weimann/ #avfc

@MatKendrick: Villa subs: Steer, Sylla, Tonev, Lowton, Clark, Holt, Robinson. #avfc

@JackWoodwardAV: 3 changes. Bacuna, Albrighton, Weimann in for Clark, Lowton, Holt #avfc #avtv

Last edited by Eastie on Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next