The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Aston Villa v Southampton pre match, match & post match thread. (Reaction Pg 11)

+29
Kippaxvilla
ROTTERDAM1982
Ron Dalian
Wookster
Cha Ching
Queneau
Andy_Villa
Penfold
RichRunner
Mazrim
TJVillan
Deano69
Kill@r33
Tomy-Flemba
The Utterer
Donnie Wyer
Andyh
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
villabromsgrove
Boz
Dek of Villa
One Little Bit
Richard E
lukevilla
villa_loyal
PHXVilla
CTVillan
Trotters
Thinman
33 posters

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

What will be the result?

Aston Villa v Southampton pre match, match & post match thread. (Reaction Pg 11) - Page 2 I_vote_lcap47%Aston Villa v Southampton pre match, match & post match thread. (Reaction Pg 11) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 47% 
[ 20 ]
Aston Villa v Southampton pre match, match & post match thread. (Reaction Pg 11) - Page 2 I_vote_lcap23%Aston Villa v Southampton pre match, match & post match thread. (Reaction Pg 11) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 23% 
[ 10 ]
Aston Villa v Southampton pre match, match & post match thread. (Reaction Pg 11) - Page 2 I_vote_lcap30%Aston Villa v Southampton pre match, match & post match thread. (Reaction Pg 11) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 30% 
[ 13 ]

Total Votes : 43

Poll closed

Aston Villa v Southampton pre match, match & post match thread. (Reaction Pg 11) - Page 2 Empty Re: Aston Villa v Southampton pre match, match & post match thread. (Reaction Pg 11)

Post by Richard E Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:40 am

Law of averages suggest we can't keep losing, and can't keep losing at home in particular. The last 24 hours' events will have given the players a boost if they didn't like the deadly duo.

It will also give the crowd a lift. Southampton are not on a great run of form themselves and have little to play for.

We are going to knock them into the middle of next week.

COYL!!!
Richard E

Aston Villa v Southampton pre match, match & post match thread. (Reaction Pg 11) - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa v Southampton pre match, match & post match thread. (Reaction Pg 11) - Page 2 Empty Re: Aston Villa v Southampton pre match, match & post match thread. (Reaction Pg 11)

Post by Trotters Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:39 am

^ This +1 What he said.
Trotters
Trotters

Aston Villa v Southampton pre match, match & post match thread. (Reaction Pg 11) - Page 2 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by One Little Bit Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:29 am

The "official" version of this week's events being spouted by club mouthpieces in the media and various posters on other forums makes no sense to me whatsoever. That's why I'm looking forward to this match so much: the performance of the players will reveal a lot.

A high energy, all- action spannering of Southampton would suggest that a major illness has been cured at the club.

If it's more of the same insipid, lacklustre play we've seen so much of lately, I'd say the fans have been fed yet another line of PR bull.
One Little Bit
One Little Bit

Aston Villa v Southampton pre match, match & post match thread. (Reaction Pg 11) - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:31 am

The lid has been blown off. The club can no longer hide it's ineptitude. Certain places will add their spin assuming people are stupid. Thankfully, most aren't.
Trotters
Trotters

Aston Villa v Southampton pre match, match & post match thread. (Reaction Pg 11) - Page 2 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Dek of Villa Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:14 pm

Problem for me is that how can a team of essentially average players ( bar 2-3 ) suddenly turn into better ones?

The only way to get over the line in the last 4 games we have left and and taking into account this existing squad - is to give as Ron Saunders used to say in every home match programme...... "110%" for each game and then we stand a better chance.

As I've learned in the past with the Villa it's all down to which team turns up on the day?

Up the Villa....Dek.
Dek of Villa
Dek of Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:17 pm

Hard to predict - I fear the worst but you never know with villa.

Back to top Go down

Post by Boz Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:22 pm

Surely the removal of the "two dead legs" will raise Villa's morale and they'll play a stormer. Well I can dream and if it doesn't lift them, what will ??
Boz
Boz

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:19 pm

We had 27% of the possession when we got lucky and beat Southampton at their place. Lerner said on Sky after the Palace defeat last saturday, that "too much possession can be detrimental." I'm guessing that this week's training will all be about pressing Southampton high up the pitch and trying to pounce on loose balls and turn them into opportunities.

Southampton are probably "on the beach" mentally as they are sat in 8th place with nobody to chase. An industrious performance might just be enough for us to grab all 3 points. UTV.
villabromsgrove

Aston Villa v Southampton pre match, match & post match thread. (Reaction Pg 11) - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:24 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:We had 27% of the possession when we got lucky and beat Southampton at their place. Lerner said on Sky after the Palace defeat last saturday, that "too much possession can be detrimental." I'm guessing that this week's training will all be about pressing Southampton high up the pitch and trying to pounce on loose balls and turn them into opportunities.

Southampton are probably  "on the beach" mentally as they are sat in 8th place with nobody to chase. An industrious performance might just be enough for us to grab all 3 points. UTV.

I think you mean lambert said that on sky - lerner would have donned a false beard and done a runner.

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:36 pm

Eastie wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:We had 27% of the possession when we got lucky and beat Southampton at their place. Lerner said on Sky after the Palace defeat last saturday, that "too much possession can be detrimental." I'm guessing that this week's training will all be about pressing Southampton high up the pitch and trying to pounce on loose balls and turn them into opportunities.

Southampton are probably  "on the beach" mentally as they are sat in 8th place with nobody to chase. An industrious performance might just be enough for us to grab all 3 points. UTV.

I think you mean lambert said that on sky - lerner would have donned a false beard and done a runner.
Sorry, all I can say in my defence is that Randy's message today and the realisation that he can speak if he can be bothered, has bewildered and confused me. Embarassed  At least it's nice to know that someone"s actually reading my ramblings!
villabromsgrove

Aston Villa v Southampton pre match, match & post match thread. (Reaction Pg 11) - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:39 pm

The team selection is going to be the interesting thing for me, especially with Sid and Shay having major input.
Could well be a few surprises now that Cuntyhouse has gone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:07 pm

I am glad I am not the only one that harps on about possession. It's ages since we've had a team that was truly comfortable on the ball. Even under MON we were never a brilliant team in possession. I'd like to see a complete rethink at villa, and a cultural change behind the scenes and in the stands. We need to modernise and get away from the tendency towards relying on counter-attacking prowess as this is a contributor to our poor home form under successive managers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:18 pm

Farrell_10 wrote:

I am glad I am not the only one that harps on about possession. It's ages since we've had a team that was truly comfortable on the ball. Even under MON we were never a brilliant team in possession. I'd like to see a complete rethink at villa, and a cultural change behind the scenes and in the stands. We need to modernise and get away from the tendency towards relying on counter-attacking prowess as this is a contributor to our poor home form under successive managers.
The reason we have not had plenty of comfortable possession over the last few years is because we have not been buying players good enough to play that sort of game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:19 am

That's what Lambert stated some time last season. But why did he buy those players?

My guess is, he's been told a load of bollocks by Culverhouse and that was, perhaps, the start of their failing relationship; Lambert has bought what he saw as potential and Culverhouse has told him he's fucked up and that they're untrainable.

I've seen Brisbane Northside over 40's division 2 players pass the ball around with more confidence than Villa have at times so I do not believe that professional football players will 20 times that ability can't be comfortable on the ball.

No, they've had it coached out of them.

We can only hope that Sid can undo the last two year's work in a few short days.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit of Bosco Jankovic Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:33 am

Who do you think will play up front? Holt? Weimann? Gabby? Helenius? Robinson? Bent!!? :face:  Bowery :shock:? Drennan? 8) 

Maybe we don't play out and out striker!?

I have had no idea who the starting 11 would be all season, I have even less idea this week.

I just want to see some Passion, desire and belief!!
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:37 am

I think (hope) we will see a much more passionate Villa performance on Saturday. It will be inspired by Sid's influence, the absence of the thug known as Culverhouse, a desire to win back the crowd, and the urgent need for points.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:35 am

I really hope we get off to a good start, it could get nasty if we concede early.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:36 am

I really hope we get off to a good start, it could get nasty if we concede early.

Back to top Go down

Post by Andyh Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:05 pm

3 points on Saturday is crucial, on so many levels (it appears).

We can only hope that having got rid of that pair of twats, that Sid and Shay can instill some pride and fight into us.

I also think that Southampton may be a little bit 'on the beach' so I am predicting a nervy 2-1 win.
Andyh
Andyh

Back to top Go down

Post by One Little Bit Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:50 pm

Stakes couldn't be higher for this game it seems. Hope Sid n Shay can keep the pressure out of the dressing room. Fans will be bricking it.
One Little Bit
One Little Bit

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:03 pm

I think the place will be buzzing on Saturday, if we can get off to a decent start the crowd will get behind the team.
The respect held for Sid is enormous and will bring the best out of the players and fans. I just wish he had been named as manager.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:33 pm

I don't know what the latest is with injuries and suspensions but assuming Sid has a full squad at his disposal I'd like to see:

-----------------Guzan--------------

--Lowton---Vlaar---Baker---Bertrand--

----------Bacuna-----El Ahmadi--------

--Albrighton---Westwood----Delph----

----------------Gabby-------------------

Subs: Steer, Donacien, Bennett, Tonev, Sylla, Helenius, Robinson.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:39 pm

No Clark?

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:46 pm

It's 1:40am.  

I was weighing up whether to go with Clark or Baker. It was a coin toss.

So I put Baker in....and promptly forgot about Clark and his perfect hair.

My bad. Stick him on the bench.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:37 pm

Paul Lambert has been spotted leaving Bodymoor Heath arm in arm with Lee Mason who was clutching a very large brown paper bag in his other hand. Lambert, who was wearing a short black dress, stockings and high heels said to waiting reporters that "he was confident of getting a result". He also said that we would beat Southampton on saturday as well!
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next