The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Aston Villa v Southampton pre match, match & post match thread. (Reaction Pg 11)

+29
Kippaxvilla
ROTTERDAM1982
Ron Dalian
Wookster
Cha Ching
Queneau
Andy_Villa
Penfold
RichRunner
Mazrim
TJVillan
Deano69
Kill@r33
Tomy-Flemba
The Utterer
Donnie Wyer
Andyh
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
villabromsgrove
Boz
Dek of Villa
One Little Bit
Richard E
lukevilla
villa_loyal
PHXVilla
CTVillan
Trotters
Thinman
33 posters

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

What will be the result?

Aston Villa v Southampton pre match, match & post match thread. (Reaction Pg 11) - Page 8 I_vote_lcap47%Aston Villa v Southampton pre match, match & post match thread. (Reaction Pg 11) - Page 8 I_vote_rcap 47% 
[ 20 ]
Aston Villa v Southampton pre match, match & post match thread. (Reaction Pg 11) - Page 8 I_vote_lcap23%Aston Villa v Southampton pre match, match & post match thread. (Reaction Pg 11) - Page 8 I_vote_rcap 23% 
[ 10 ]
Aston Villa v Southampton pre match, match & post match thread. (Reaction Pg 11) - Page 8 I_vote_lcap30%Aston Villa v Southampton pre match, match & post match thread. (Reaction Pg 11) - Page 8 I_vote_rcap 30% 
[ 13 ]

Total Votes : 43

Poll closed

Aston Villa v Southampton pre match, match & post match thread. (Reaction Pg 11) - Page 8 Empty Re: Aston Villa v Southampton pre match, match & post match thread. (Reaction Pg 11)

Post by Guest Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:15 pm

Robinson made some good runs and got into good positions. If we can get something at Swansea I'd be tempted to start him against Hull. We look so stale at the minute, especially in attack.

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa v Southampton pre match, match & post match thread. (Reaction Pg 11) - Page 8 Empty Re: Aston Villa v Southampton pre match, match & post match thread. (Reaction Pg 11)

Post by Guest Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:15 pm

Holtender1982 wrote:Just come out of the ground, we really are crap.  I don't care what formation gets played those players are not good enough

Fans seemed united today? What was the vibe there?

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinman Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:29 pm

Vibe was quite positive. We didn't really turn on the players or manager even when we were useless - which was most of the game.

Can't see us winning another game this season but we should stay up if we can grind out a couple more draws.
Thinman
Thinman

Aston Villa v Southampton pre match, match & post match thread. (Reaction Pg 11) - Page 8 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:36 pm

Quite perplexed to see lambert saying we were great going forward and gabby was excellent - he was poor and as Charlie Nicholas says he just hasn't got a football brain .

One shot in the 90 minutes on target and about 30% possession in a game we were led to believe we were well fired up for - it was poor and if lambert feels that was excellent then please someone just relieve him of his duties and let Sid n shay take the last 4 games.

We will survive just , but it's been awful awful football under a clown of a manager and it's gone on far too long under him .

Finally nice to see Robinson get a run and well played Marc- our best player by a mile today.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:38 pm

Can't argue with any of that, Eastie.

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy_Villa Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:44 pm

Its a sad indictment of our state when Marc Albrighton is the standout player. Ever since watching him in youth & reserves, he has shown willingness to work hard & a decent enough cross, but his lack of trickery & pace mean that he is never going to ever be anything other than an average footballer when playing at his very best...
Andy_Villa
Andy_Villa

Aston Villa v Southampton pre match, match & post match thread. (Reaction Pg 11) - Page 8 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:45 pm

Thinman wrote:Vibe was quite positive. We didn't really turn on the players or manager even when we were useless - which was most of the game.

Can't see us winning another game this season but we should stay up if we can grind out a couple more draws.

I guess everybody just wants us to get to safe ground. If we beat Swansea I can see the manager getting awful stick against Hull.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:47 pm

Andy_Villa wrote:Its a sad indictment of our state when Marc Albrighton is the standout player. Ever since watching him in youth & reserves, he has shown willingness to work hard & a decent enough cross, but his lack of trickery & pace mean that he is never going to ever be anything other than an average footballer when playing at his very best...
Agreed, he played well and worked hard but his final delivery rarely picks out the striker .
Although the movement of our strikers is atrocious in fairness to Marc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Andyh Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:53 pm

Just got back, and am happy to take a point there. Southampton are a quite a powerful outfit and you can just see far how far away from them we are.
That said, I thought our lot looked scared to death first half, but had a bit of a go in the 2nd without actually looking like winning the game.
It looks like we will just limp over the line this season, which I guess is enough.
It gets us to where we need to be, but then the club needs fucking great big shake up, from top to bottom.
Andyh
Andyh

Aston Villa v Southampton pre match, match & post match thread. (Reaction Pg 11) - Page 8 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippaxvilla Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:04 pm

It's coming to something when the paying punters are now clapping a defensive header back to their own goalkeeper.
Kippaxvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:06 pm

Indeed, and delighted to see you here kippax:)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippaxvilla Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:12 pm

Thought I'd see how the other half live. Was my first game of the season today (burn me at the stake now). I was immediately struck by two things. 1. How poor the atmosphere is generally. Not hostility just sheer abject resignation. 2. Just how accepting of utter dross we have become. Someone pressing one of their players receives generous applause. And to sum up where we are, the biggest cheer of the game for when an untried rookie comes on.

Meanwhile we will quietly ignore the fact that a tea in league one four seasons back are now 3000 times more cultured than us.
Kippaxvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by RichRunner Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:12 pm

Just got back. Full credit to the Villa fans who turned up today, I wasnt expecting to see as many as I did (35k). Shows that when the chips are down, fans do answer the call and get behind the team. I believe that Tuesday's events were a small turning point, we look harder to beat and that's not down to Lambert and the "tactics" of his two suspended muppets, but the fresh air that the change in coaching staff has bought. I also loved that cheeky banner in the Holte End, it very much is Sid's team as he was more active on the sidelines, with Dead Man Walking just subdued in the dugout.

However, despite things looking slightly better than the awful performances of the last 4 games, Southampton never looked like they were troubled at all, this Villa team is one of the most limited and predictable I've ever seen and wouldnt have scored if we'd played for another 90 minutes. There was just absolutely no attacking threat whatsoever. It felt like Soton were just toying with us at times, if they'd stepped up another gear we'd have been toast. They clearly were on the beach and going through the motions, taking it easy which was also a rather sad indictment.

We appeared to be 2nd to every ball and without a few choice interceptions by Ron Vlaar we'd have easily lost. Still at least Baker never cocked up at any point and the defending was pretty solid.

We are only going to survive because there are 3/4 teams worse than us. Only 4 more games with Lambert to go.

Last edited by RichRunner on Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
RichRunner
RichRunner

Back to top Go down

Post by arsey Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:15 pm

Decent enough shift in the second half. Thought Alby was the best player on the pitch by some margin.
arsey
arsey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:18 pm

VILLA- Swansea..A           Swansea-Villa..A                          West Brom- ManCity..A                Fulham-Hull..H
          Hull..H                               Southampton..H                               WestHam..H                         Stoke..A
          ManCity..A                         Sunderland..A                                  Arsenal..A                             Palace..H
          Spurs..A                                                                                    Sunderland..A
                                                                                                           Stoke..H

Hull- Arsenal..H                 Norwich- Liverpool..H               Cardiff-Sunderland..A                   Sunderland-Chelsea..A
                                                      Man Utd..A                            Newcastle..A                                      Cardiff..H
        Fulham..A                               Chelsea..A                             Chelsea..H                                         ManUtd..A
        Villa..A                                    Arsenal..H                                                                                      WestBrom..H
        Man Utd..A                                                                                                                                    Swansea..H
        Everton..H

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:20 pm

Welcome Kippax

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:20 pm

Kippaxvilla wrote:Thought I'd see how the other half live.  Was my first game of the season today (burn me at the stake now).  I was immediately struck by two things.  1.  How poor the atmosphere is generally.  Not hostility just sheer abject resignation.  2. Just how accepting of utter dross we have become.  Someone pressing one of their players receives generous applause.  And to sum up where we are, the biggest cheer of the game for when an untried rookie comes on.

Meanwhile we will quietly ignore the fact that a tea in league one four seasons back are now 3000 times more cultured than us.

I know. The latter point is something that I have been saying all season. Earlier in the season when we were picking up the odd smash and grab I felt that the whole club, including supporters, needed a complete change in outlook. There is damn all progressive about going to places like Southampton or Norwich and coming away with points having been absolutely dominated and out-played.

We have to change the culture at the club. Possession is not something to be sneered at (as I have noted on other sites).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:26 pm

Kippaxvilla wrote:Meanwhile we will quietly ignore the fact that a tea in league one four seasons back are now 3000 times more cultured than us.

Pretty damning isn't it? Southampton have rebuilt and made a plan that worked. We on the other hand have contentedly bobbed around the lower reaches in those four seasons. No plan, no progress and no nous.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:30 pm

Are those fixtures i posted lookin ok to everyone ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:31 pm

The gate was supposedly 35000. If there were 35000 people in that ground today I'll eat my hat.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:34 pm

PDC Lion wrote:Are those fixtures i posted lookin ok to everyone ?

Look good Dan, thanks for posting them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:35 pm

Farrell_10 wrote:
PDC Lion wrote:Are those fixtures i posted lookin ok to everyone ?

Look good Dan, thanks for posting them.
Cheers mate. They were all over the place until i edited them. Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:39 pm

Norwich won't get 4 points , sunderland are stuffed and I can't see Fulham and Cardiff both winning two out of last 3 - I think we are just about safe .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:41 pm

Chris Harte wrote:The gate was supposedly 35000. If there were 35000 people in that ground today I'll eat my hat.
. Is it an easter bonnet chris?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:53 pm

Eastie wrote:
Chris Harte wrote:The gate was supposedly 35000. If there were 35000 people in that ground today I'll eat my hat.
. Is it an easter bonnet chris?
I don't actually own a hat, but keep that under your....

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next