The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Aston Villa v Southampton pre match, match & post match thread. (Reaction Pg 11)

+29
Kippaxvilla
ROTTERDAM1982
Ron Dalian
Wookster
Cha Ching
Queneau
Andy_Villa
Penfold
RichRunner
Mazrim
TJVillan
Deano69
Kill@r33
Tomy-Flemba
The Utterer
Donnie Wyer
Andyh
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
villabromsgrove
Boz
Dek of Villa
One Little Bit
Richard E
lukevilla
villa_loyal
PHXVilla
CTVillan
Trotters
Thinman
33 posters

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

What will be the result?

Aston Villa v Southampton pre match, match & post match thread. (Reaction Pg 11) - Page 9 I_vote_lcap47%Aston Villa v Southampton pre match, match & post match thread. (Reaction Pg 11) - Page 9 I_vote_rcap 47% 
[ 20 ]
Aston Villa v Southampton pre match, match & post match thread. (Reaction Pg 11) - Page 9 I_vote_lcap23%Aston Villa v Southampton pre match, match & post match thread. (Reaction Pg 11) - Page 9 I_vote_rcap 23% 
[ 10 ]
Aston Villa v Southampton pre match, match & post match thread. (Reaction Pg 11) - Page 9 I_vote_lcap30%Aston Villa v Southampton pre match, match & post match thread. (Reaction Pg 11) - Page 9 I_vote_rcap 30% 
[ 13 ]

Total Votes : 43

Poll closed

Aston Villa v Southampton pre match, match & post match thread. (Reaction Pg 11) - Page 9 Empty Re: Aston Villa v Southampton pre match, match & post match thread. (Reaction Pg 11)

Post by Guest Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:53 pm

official site wrote:
Paul Lambert reflected on the 0-0 draw with Southampton and insisted: "That was a huge point."

After four straight defeats, Lambert said it was vital that Villa "stopped the bleeding."

And they did just that, with a solid, efficient performance against the Saints.

Lambert was also happy with the draw because it came on the back of the off-field issues that saw two of his backroom staff suspended.

He said: "It was a really tough game. Sometimes in football matches, you get big points and you get huge points. That was a huge, huge point for us.

"I thought we were excellent in the second half. We gave as good as we got against a really good side. They are a really good football side.

"They started better than us. Then we started to get a foothold in it 15 minutes into the first half.

"In the second half, we were excellent. Marc Albrighton and Gabby Agbonlahor were excellent. They were great.

"I am really pleased. It's been a really hard week.

"But as has documented the lads have been excellent for us.

"When you look at the way they played - and their determination - they really stepped up to the plate when questions were asked.

"I told them I was proud of them for what they did.

"We had to stop the run and get something.

"We gave a right good account of ourselves, especially in that second half. We stopped the bleeding. That was a huge point."

Lambert also praised the off-field impact of Gordon Cowans and Shay Given, who he revealed accepted his backroom staff invitation "within seconds."

He added: "The two lads have been great.

"I know Gordon really well and I try to go to as many development matches as I can. I have always took interest in that part of the football club. His status at the football club is huge.

"And contrary to what people think because I didn't play him, I have never had one cross word with Shay.

"I respect him as a goalkeeper and a guy.

"They both accepted within seconds. I am appreciative of their help along with everybody else."

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa v Southampton pre match, match & post match thread. (Reaction Pg 11) - Page 9 Empty Re: Aston Villa v Southampton pre match, match & post match thread. (Reaction Pg 11)

Post by RichRunner Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:55 pm

Chris Harte wrote:The gate was supposedly 35000. If there were 35000 people in that ground today I'll eat my hat.

I dunno, it looked pretty accurate to me. The only empty bits were the upper trinity (naturally) and some parts of the upper holte, and considering they are the more expensive seats anyway I'm not surprised.

Just goes to show the bullcrap that is spouted by the pro-Lambert brigade on other sites, when they attack our supporters for daring to criticise their idol. Fans are still turning up to get behind the team when the chips are down. Its not their fault the stuff that is being served up is such absolute dross and the manager is culpable for that.
RichRunner
RichRunner

Aston Villa v Southampton pre match, match & post match thread. (Reaction Pg 11) - Page 9 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:06 pm

Spot on, Rich.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:12 pm

I thought the upper Ellis stand was looking a bit sparse also. I still thought it was 30k+ (impressive enough considering the shite we've witnessed) but just had the feeling it had been bumped up by missing season ticket holders.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippaxvilla Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:17 pm

Let me just correct the manager. We were not excellent in the 2nd half. We turned up finally against a team already on the beach who still had the best chance to win the game.
Kippaxvilla

Aston Villa v Southampton pre match, match & post match thread. (Reaction Pg 11) - Page 9 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by CTVillan Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:20 pm

A point and a clean sheet, nice...I just don't know how it happened as we were pretty much second-best for most of the game.
CTVillan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:21 pm

I think we will actually need to beat either Swansea or Hull.

Back to top Go down

Post by RichRunner Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:21 pm

Chris Harte wrote:I thought the upper Ellis stand was looking a bit sparse also. I still thought it was 30k+ (impressive enough considering the shite we've witnessed) but just had the feeling it had been bumped up by missing season ticket holders.

It always is!

I'm sure people will come back once this supposed takeover happens.
RichRunner
RichRunner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:23 pm

I am bricking it for villa now Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomy-Flemba Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:29 pm

My bet on Villa to go down is still looking like it's on. Those who thought we were home and hosed look pretty stupid now.
Tomy-Flemba
Tomy-Flemba

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:31 pm

Sunderlands win is a shocker - I'd still far rather be in our shoes than any of the 5 below us - a sunderland v Cardiff draw next week would be nice :)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomy-Flemba Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:33 pm

Sunderland will win that too in my book. They look really up for it! A far cry from our performances.
Tomy-Flemba
Tomy-Flemba

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:35 pm

I don't know if my nerves will stand the last few weeks of this season.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:37 pm

The bottom 3 are all picking up points and momentum while we fuck about with one shot on target in 90 minutes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:39 pm

And to think a couple of hours ago we were thinking we were relatively safe. Ho hum.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:40 pm

We need a win now, no way is 35 enough after that farce of a Chelsea performance against Sunderland. You can easily see them beating Cardiff and one other & nicking a draw somewhere in the other two.

Honestly think we were as good as safe until their winner went in today now it's all back in the melting pot again

Wanna puke! 🤦
The Utterer
The Utterer

Aston Villa v Southampton pre match, match & post match thread. (Reaction Pg 11) - Page 9 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:41 pm

If we had a cat I'd kick it.

Just kidding by the way.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippaxvilla Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:46 pm

I wouldn't worry about it. I mean anyone who beats Chelsea is bound to lose the next four on the trot. I mean we did.
Kippaxvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:48 pm

All this talk of a rejuvenated team and everyone being up for it in training was a load of old bollocks, as I suspected. The club is, I'm afraid, rotten to the core and tumid with incompetence.

The problems didn't begin and end with the two useless twats who were fired this week. A team with one foot on the beach had 70% possession at Villa Park. We never looked like winning it or even wanting to win it. Even with so much incentive.

God speed the demise of this puke inducing regime and their shabby standards.
Mazrim
Mazrim

Aston Villa v Southampton pre match, match & post match thread. (Reaction Pg 11) - Page 9 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:50 pm

Mazrim wrote:All this talk of a rejuvenated team and everyone being up for it in training was a load of old bollocks, as I suspected. The club is, I'm afraid, rotten to the core and tumid with incompetence.

The problems didn't begin and end with the two useless twats who were fired this week. A team with one foot on the beach had 70% possession at Villa Park. We never looked like winning it or even wanting to win it. Even with so much incentive.

Bravo - totally agree.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:09 pm

Eastie wrote:
Mazrim wrote:All this talk of a rejuvenated team and everyone being up for it in training was a load of old bollocks, as I suspected. The club is, I'm afraid, rotten to the core and tumid with incompetence.

Bravo - totally agree.

Third'ed Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:10 pm

Farrell_10 wrote:
Holtender1982 wrote:Just come out of the ground, we really are crap.  I don't care what formation gets played those players are not good enough

Fans seemed united today? What was the vibe there?
I didn't hear any negativity towards the players or manager, the fans got behind the team but were given very little to cheer about.
We are a very poor team at times it felt as though Southampton were taking the piss.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:14 pm

Cracking post. Lerner's disinterest and Faulkner's incompetence are choking us. We actually deserve to go down having failed to stop the rot last summer.

This is a very sad state of affairs. We really are stinking the league out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:16 pm

Lambert has said the fans were 'brilliant as ever': http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-fans-were-brilliant-7010405

There was a strange atmosphere at Villa Park, but at least the boos were muted

Aston Villa v Southampton pre match, match & post match thread. (Reaction Pg 11) - Page 9 Villa-v-Southampton-4

[url=http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/all-about/paul lambert]Paul Lambert[/url] has expressed his gratitude to the [url=http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/all-about/villa park stadium]Villa Park[/url] faithful for putting their frustrations on hold an generating a positive atmosphere.

The claret and blue fans tried to roar their team on throughout the game, in stark contrast to the angry taunts towards the manager during last weekend’s defeat at Crystal Palace.

There were occasional groans at misplaced passes in the bore draw against Southampton, but for the most part the supporters got behind their players with supportive chants.

At the final whistle there was mild applause for the efforts of the team as [url=http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/all-about/aston villa fc]Villa[/url] inched a point nearer to Premier League survival following a turbulent week at the club.  

“They were very good,” said Lambert.

“This club has been like this for four years which it should never have been, with the size of this club and the support it’s got.

“It should never have been in this position for the last four years. It’s fantastic support and I’ve said before we need them. We certainly need that support to get us over the line and today they were excellent.”

Lambert described Villa’s performance as “excellent” and insisted he was proud of his players for earning a point in challenging circumstances.

“It’s been a hard week,” said Lambert.

“I think it’s been well documented but the lads have been excellent for us.

“When you look at the way they played and the determination that was there. They stepped up to the plate when questions were asked of them. As I said to them, I’m proud of them for what they did today.”

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:19 pm

Kippaxvilla wrote:I wouldn't worry about it.  I mean anyone who beats Chelsea is bound to lose the next four on the trot.  I mean we did.

Unless you are Crystal feckin Palace Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next