The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Steve Bruce thread

+37
andrew24561
UnclePanda
LVBrit
bruka
STO67
De Kuip
FoxyAV
deadbuzzardalive
VTID85
avfc forever
jeffvilla
Fpuppys
Jae1411
smetro
Terry Derry
rogermuffin69
danclare82
Saunders82
achilles
gdale1
villajk
Wriggle
Army villain
ember
mefromhere
Dazzle
gaffer85
Boldfinger
Trotters
Dions_Bald_Head
NARLA24
The Utterer
DelboyVilla
Villa_Dan
big ming
Gordonsleftboot
AstonThriller
41 posters

Page 31 of 43 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 37 ... 43  Next

Go down

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 31 Empty Re: The Steve Bruce thread

Post by FoxyAV Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:58 am

big ming wrote:Funny how our U23,s have no problem playing attractive football on the ground with quick,incisive passing.
Whenever one of them gets a chance to appear at senior level, they must wonder what the hell is going on.

Imagine if the first team had a settled formation (or two) with a decent method of play and an U23 squad with players that train with the senior squad and are able to step up to fill in holes if there's a first team injury? Nah, what's the point, we can just play a RB or DM there.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 31 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:05 pm

It's almost as if we were loaning/buying players for Brendan Rodgers rather than Steve Bruce.
Wink
big ming

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 31 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:54 am

Bruce's press conference today was full of more excuses... Seems to think if you take away the Burton game we've had a very good start to the season, that in itself goes to show how low his standards are for us, and why he needs replacing. Also the usual excuses of losing six or seven players, and it's going to take a while for the new players to hit form, we only lost three or four first teamers, which is what happens at almost every club every summer... Most annoying is him accusing the fans of exaggerating a crisis when they express concernd when we're underperforming.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:50 pm

Nothing positive ever comes out of his mouth, always doom and gloom, just getting all his excuses in for his (hopeful) departure!
achilles
achilles

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 31 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:49 pm

If he can't get this bloody squad promotion he has got no chance.
It is getting slightly embarrassing just how many good players we have actually got in the squad.
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:34 pm

Adomah's brother says:

“F*** Bruce. There’s no loyalty in football anymore. My brother was loyal to Villa and still is. Saved a man’s job and the man forgot.

“When he got left out the team last year, he could have gone on loan to a Prem/top Championship team but decided to stay because he loves Villa. Stayed and only got back in the team by chance, and saved the man’s job.

“People saying he fell off second half of the season lol. He spent the second half of the season f***ing defending.

“He is calm. If he is still at Villa come after deadline day, he will be on a mission when needed.

“My brother loves Villa. We love Villa.”
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:44 pm

FoxyAV wrote:Adomah's brother says:

“F*** Bruce. There’s no loyalty in football anymore. My brother was loyal to Villa and still is. Saved a man’s job and the man forgot.

“When he got left out the team last year, he could have gone on loan to a Prem/top Championship team but decided to stay because he loves Villa. Stayed and only got back in the team by chance, and saved the man’s job.

“People saying he fell off second half of the season lol. He spent the second half of the season f***ing defending.

“He is calm. If he is still at Villa come after deadline day, he will be on a mission when needed.

“My brother loves Villa. We love Villa.”

Some strong stuff there! The Steve Bruce thread - Page 31 226846862
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Derry Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:19 am

Pretty clear that Bruce has lost the dressing room. Some of the shit that he comes out with is more bizarre than the general did. I hope he gets sacked at the same time they get rid of Xia. No point keeping that clown on the books any longer.
Terry Derry
Terry Derry

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:11 pm

Bruce is truly one of the last of the dinosaur coaches.They have been dying out for years and,other than Warnock, its hard to think of others that are currently employed (Alladyce being out of work at the moment). Time for a fresh approach.
big ming

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:37 pm

To be honest, I think Allardyce is a much much better manager than Bruce, he has actual tactics and a game plan, even if it isn't always pretty to watch. Whereas Bruce has no game plan or strategy whatsover, but to ask the players to get stuck in and hope we can nick a goal, or that someone comes up with a moment of magic.

People talk about making an ambitious move for Benitez, who would be good if we could get him, but his style of football isn't actually that different from Allardyce's, but like Alllardyce he does actually put a lot of thought into what he does.

My first choice would be Rodgers, but I doubt that that's a viable option at this stage.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:43 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:To be honest, I think Allardyce is a much much better manager than Bruce,  he has actual tactics and a game plan, even if it isn't always pretty to watch. Whereas Bruce has no game plan or strategy whatsover, but to ask the players to get stuck in and hope we can nick a goal, or that someone comes up with a moment of magic.

People talk about making an ambitious move for Benitez, who would be good if we could get him, but his style of football isn't actually that different from Allardyce's, but like Alllardyce he does actually put a lot of thought into what he does.

My first choice would be Rodgers, but I doubt that that's a viable option at this stage.

I think Bruce is hanging in for his pay off so he can retire to the Algarve for unlimited golf.
I sort of think that JT as player/manager might be a way to go. Would kill two birds with one stone.
big ming

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:03 pm

I thought about Terry as player manager myself, but my only concern would be that Terry would stick to what he knows with regards to us and our players, and we'd might not be much different under him to how we are under Bruce, in terms of style of play.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:05 pm

big ming wrote:Bruce is truly one of the last of the dinosaur coaches.They have been dying out for years and,other than Warnock, its hard to think of others that are currently employed (Alladyce being out of work at the moment). Time for a fresh approach.

I would say Mclaren at QPR is an (for now) employed dinosaur but i agree with your point.

Dean Smith for me - good english coach and i dont subscribe to the "job's too big for him" opinion than quite a few folks on social media spout.

He's done a great job at Brentford and you can see his style of play and coaching. He's got them being greater than the sum of their parts where we constantly seem to be less than the sum of ours.

Otherwise Rodgers who is seriously pissed off at Celtic by all accounts.
De Kuip
De Kuip

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 31 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:38 pm

Disappointed he hasn't been sacked yet, I hope they aren't using the excuse that he needs more time to work with the new players, he's had plenty of players, and the end result is always the same whoever plays. Have an horrible feeling he's going to survive, get a couple of results against Blackburn and Rotherham, which will buy him more time to just repeat the same pattern we've seen with him ever since he's arrived.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:40 pm

Sack this idiot now.
We can not afford to show any sentiment.
It's got to be about AVFC. not Mr Bruce
Boldfinger

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 31 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:26 pm

Just had a look on a Celtic forum, and some of them are talking about it being the beginning of the end for Rodgers, and some even predicting that he could leave in the next two weeks. I don't know what's going on exactly, but I don't think he's pleased with their board.

On the face of it a move for him might seem unrealistic, but we've just loaned in a £25m player from Everton, another in Abraham that Tottenham bid £25m for, and also turned down a £25m bid for Grealish, appointed a CEO who's last two clubs were Liverpool and Chelsea, our owners are obviously ambitious, so maybe someone like Rodgers is gettable... People talk about his ego not allowing him to manage a championship side, but if his ego is that big, and he really believes in himself, then he'd back himself to get us promoted, at which point outside of the top six, we could potentially be one of the more attrative teams in the division.

Ralph Hasenhuttl, is another name I've seen mentioned, again would be an ambitious move, but might as well try, time to stop messing about, and show we want to get out of this division.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:38 am

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Ralph Hasenhuttl, is another name I've seen mentioned, again would be an ambitious move, but might as well try, time to stop messing about, and show we want to get out of this division.

Took Ingolstadt to the Bundesliga 1 and then had RB Leipzig in 2nd place behind Bayern after just one season in charge of them. Looks like he is club free at the moment?

If we're talking Bundesliga managers, I still think Julian Nagelsmann has to be one of the most exciting but he's already due to take over to Leipzig. Wouldn't be surprised if he's one of the big managerial names in the world in a couple of years. Oh yeah, he's only thirty fucking one as well.
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:15 am

Just bored of writing new manager lists and see it all be in naive as that clown wins a few games and the cycle starts all over again. The bottom line is we're gonna see what these new owners are all about now. Are they prepared to just stick with the status quo and buy Potato heads lies and past "record" in the championship? Or will they see how crap we are playing, coupled with failing results, and actually take action for the betterment of their investment? We'll see. I'd personally take Clarence Seedorf, a big name who has managed in Seria A and La Liga, who would install a totally different philosophy at the club.

But all this is futile until we see that fat chancer finally walk out the door. I can't help but shake my head at how quickly Garde and Di-Matteo, two coaches who have gotten results at the highest level, were shown the door but this old dinosaur has been given chance after chance, it's crazy.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 31 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:29 am

Xia believed the hype and Round and Wyness presumably keeping Bruce in a job. As it became more clear the money wasn't there, and as we went on a bit of a late run to make the playoffs, it wasn't possible to sack Bruce. Given a team that would probably see promotion under most other Championship managers in the Championship Bruce has successfully kept it in the Championship for two seasons and blamed absolutely everything for it (although when we lost three in a row after Wolves he admitted to not rotating the squad - something an experienced manager would have known). I suspect the owners didn't buy 55% of the club just to remain in the Championship, it's only a matter of time...
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:54 am

Well the list of potential managers who would do a better job than Potato Head is enormous and includes many good names. The new owners need to show their intent by getting rid of Bruce and Xia! They got the shits and kept Bruce when they brought the club but now they need to ensure that they are not seen as weak in the face of tough decision!
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:05 am

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Just had a look on a Celtic forum, and some of them are talking about it being the beginning of the end for Rodgers, and some even predicting that he could leave in the next two weeks. I don't know what's going on exactly, but I don't think he's pleased with their board.

On the face of it a move for him might seem unrealistic, but we've just loaned in a £25m player from Everton, another in Abraham that Tottenham bid £25m for, and also turned down a £25m bid for Grealish, appointed a CEO who's last two clubs were Liverpool and Chelsea, our owners are obviously ambitious, so maybe someone like Rodgers is gettable... People talk about his ego not allowing him to manage a championship side, but if his ego is that big, and he really believes in himself, then he'd back himself to get us promoted, at which point outside of the top six, we could potentially be one of the more attrative teams in the division.

Ralph Hasenhuttl, is another name I've seen mentioned, again would be an ambitious move, but might as well try, time to stop messing about, and show we want to get out of this division.

Excellent post! The Steve Bruce thread - Page 31 3769219917
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:19 am

Rodgers is pissed off because he had to go into the CL qualifiers with a depleted side that the board had spent no money on. In fact they had spent more money on disco lights in the stadium than players when they went out of the Champions League? Also he lost out on John McGinn because his board thought they could get him on the cheap and offered silly low money for him (ala spuds and Super Jack)

Not sure he would walk away now but it is worth a conversation?
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:29 am

We need to get things moving and pretty damn quickly and sort the mess that Bruce has produced.
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Army villain Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:39 am

Lots of paper talk with Rodgers demands a inquest in Celtic transfer window, he is not happy at all, see how the game plays out today, if rangers win today, the Celtic fans will want blood. Let's see how it pans outs.
Army villain
Army villain

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:42 am

What the hell do these four backroom staff do (except naff all):

Agnew, Calderwood, Clemence and Walsh.

It is like a holiday camp down there!
achilles
achilles