The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Steve Bruce thread

+37
andrew24561
UnclePanda
LVBrit
bruka
STO67
De Kuip
FoxyAV
deadbuzzardalive
VTID85
avfc forever
jeffvilla
Fpuppys
Jae1411
smetro
Terry Derry
rogermuffin69
danclare82
Saunders82
achilles
gdale1
villajk
Wriggle
Army villain
ember
mefromhere
Dazzle
gaffer85
Boldfinger
Trotters
Dions_Bald_Head
NARLA24
The Utterer
DelboyVilla
Villa_Dan
big ming
Gordonsleftboot
AstonThriller
41 posters

Page 17 of 43 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 30 ... 43  Next

Go down

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 17 Empty Re: The Steve Bruce thread

Post by deadbuzzardalive Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:13 pm

Agnew has been confirmed as 'head coach', Bruce has said that he hopes he can work some magic on the training pitch, which in itself is him admitting that there's something lacking in that department. Hopefully it works out and we see an improvement.
deadbuzzardalive

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 17 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by rogermuffin69 Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:47 pm

that's a good thing isn't it? Bruce has always had an eye for the good players. just not the tactics, strategy, mind games needed. to make us good. lol
he's a poor man's sam aldayce. although tbf i do like Bruce. i want b him to succeed. although i want a villa man next. Dean Smith or grayson. unless we go Diego Garcia or Oliver pep
rogermuffin69
rogermuffin69

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 17 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:33 pm

If Steve Bruce is so shit he can't get the coaching right without assistance, then I really do wonder why the fuck he's still at this club. He can't coach. Doesn't have an eye for a player. Can't motivate players. Aren't good with youths. So if Agnew suddenly are to save this season by new coachibg there's fuck all reason not to make Agnew manager.

Back to top Go down

Post by rogermuffin69 Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:40 pm

lol.
rogermuffin69
rogermuffin69

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:50 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Agnew has been confirmed as 'head coach', Bruce has said that he hopes he can work some magic on the training pitch, which in itself is him admitting that there's something lacking in that department. Hopefully it works out and we see an improvement.

It does make you wonder what the f**k has been going on since Bruce has been here, if he suddenly realises he needs a head coach (having said that we see what has been going on with the players on the pitch... sweet FA)!
achilles
achilles

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 17 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:57 am

Never confident in any side Bruce is in charge of at all and this is a worry.
I can see us just sneaking into the play offs at the moment. Thats all.
NARLA24
NARLA24

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 17 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:31 pm

Bruce saying that we're doing 'okay' and that we're 'where we want to be', where we want to be is top of the league surely, in the top two at the very least, not ten points behind, he also points out that nobody could have predicted how well Cardiff, Sheffield United and Bristol City were going to do, for me other teams doing well is the worst excuse ever.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:36 pm

Moron of the highest order.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:43 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Bruce saying that we're doing 'okay' and that we're 'where we want to be', where we want to be is top of the league surely, in the top two at the very least, not ten points behind, he also points out that nobody could have predicted how well Cardiff, Sheffield United and Bristol City were going to do, for me other teams doing well is the worst excuse ever.

Just digest what he said for a couple of minutes, and then try to convince yourselves that we’re in safe hands and promotion is a matter of getting to the end of the season. What the actual fuck does he think he’s doing by saying, “well, who’d have thought there would be some decent sides in this division”! He’s an arse.
Dazzle
Dazzle

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 17 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Army villain Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:15 pm

I was lost for words when Bruce has just got in a head coach, should have been one of the first position he filled, hope the football , tactics gets better? Just shows how bad a manager we have, next person we need is as speech writer, UTV
Army villain
Army villain

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:08 pm

Army villain wrote:I was lost for words when Bruce has just got in a head coach, should have been one of the first position he filled, hope the football , tactics gets better? Just shows how bad a manager we have, next person we need is as speech writer, UTV

Touche. I'm no manager, but if I were I think the football aspect would be priority number one on my list.

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:33 pm

Middlesbrough do what we should do and have the courage to sack their manager and after a win as well, watch them appoint someone like Clement or Bielsa and start flying up the table.

Meanwhile we continue to slowly kill the club by keeping Bruce in a job.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Derry Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:22 am

Many good comments here. Bruce is a clown and needs to be sacked.
Terry Derry
Terry Derry

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:15 am

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Middlesbrough do what we should do and have the courage to sack their manager and after a win as well, watch them appoint someone like Clement or Bielsa and start flying up the table.

I thought our owner to be a sharp, highly intelligent man after his first few months. I now think he must be placing far too much faith and trust in Wyness and Round in the decision making, to the detriment of the teams promotion chances this season. The indicators are all there to tell anyone that promotion is fanciful, we are completely unable to beat anyone who is in and around us, top 6 material if you like. And it’s abundantly clear that we are not top 2 material. It’s abundantly clear that Bruce signings are half hit and miss, at best. Who’s come in under Bruce that you can honestly say has improved us and look like they could play in a championship winning team? I’ll offer up Johnstone and Terry, and Hourihane. That’s it. And most of us here were yelling for Hourihane before we signed him!
My concern is that the owner has had “stability” sold to him by Wyness & Co. All well and good if you’ve a semi-competent manager in place.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:09 am

Dazzle wrote:
deadbuzzardalive wrote:Middlesbrough do what we should do and have the courage to sack their manager and after a win as well, watch them appoint someone like Clement or Bielsa and start flying up the table.

I thought our owner to be a sharp, highly intelligent man after his first few months. I now think he must be placing far too much faith and trust in Wyness and Round in the decision making, to the detriment of the teams promotion chances this season. The indicators are all there to tell anyone that promotion is fanciful, we are completely unable to beat anyone who is in and around us, top 6 material if you like. And it’s abundantly clear that we are not top 2 material. It’s abundantly clear that Bruce signings are half hit and miss, at best. Who’s come in under Bruce that you can honestly say has improved us and look like they could play in a championship winning team? I’ll offer up Johnstone and Terry, and Hourihane. That’s it. And most of us here were yelling for Hourihane before we signed him!
My concern is that the owner has had “stability” sold to him by Wyness & Co. All well and good if you’ve a semi-competent manager in place.

Never been convinced by XIA - I don't think he will be here much beyond a couple of seasons. The appointment of RDM was a balls up of the highest order - Bruce looked better but at other clubs he has promoted he always had a fair amount of cash behind him. Here he doesn't - even last winters spree was financed by sales.

Dean smith looks the man most likley - a guy a sits next me to me is ITK at Brentford who recons DS isn't that well thought at Brentford (speaks volumes) and if villa come calling we wouldn't meet a massive amount of resistance. Also Dean smith is more head coach - player purchases are dome for him.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:35 pm

The thing is, the one thing we HAD TO get right, was getting in a manager that would utilize Suliman, Hayes, Borg, Green, Grealish, Davis, RHM etc. We failed in that aspect, and instead we overpaid for a bunch of high wage wankers we now are stuck with. And our youths lost another season of experience.

We have gone wrong a lot of places, but the main one has been getting in the right manager willing to play modern footy with our academy products.

Instead we have spent money, we arguably don't have and now we are stuck with old superb players like Whelan, Jedinak, Samba, Terry and hoofball. Genius move.

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:23 pm

I am not certain who said it at the beginning of the season (think it was the doctor) but the team was going to be a mixture of youth and experience, this has not happened.

I would rather give up on promotion and see some of the youngsters in the team at least they would put more effort in.

It isn't going to happen with Bruce in charge though (O'Hare again scores in midweek, can't even make the bench ahead of 2 fullbacks and Gabby)!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:44 pm

Joppe84 wrote:The thing is, the one thing we HAD TO get right, was getting in a manager that would utilize Suliman, Hayes, Borg, Green, Grealish, Davis, RHM etc. We failed in that aspect, and instead we overpaid for a bunch of high wage wankers we now are stuck with. And our youths lost another season of experience.

We have gone wrong a lot of places, but the main one has been getting in the right manager willing to play modern footy with our academy products.

Instead we have spent money, we arguably don't have and now we are stuck with old superb players like Whelan, Jedinak, Samba, Terry and hoofball. Genius move.

Do me a favour Joppe - please send that post to Dr Tony cos it's right on the fucking money
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Jae1411 Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:40 pm

they're actually getting pulis lol
Jae1411

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:54 pm

Jae1411 wrote:

they're actually getting pulis lol

That is not progress! lol!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:15 pm

Boro sacked Monk after an away win because of his style of football then announce Pulis.

The board there are straight up fucking idiots.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:51 pm

Pullis isn't it ???? - a bit wide of the mark with that prediction !

Interesting that Pullis said Steve Gibson was like a dog with a bone he wouldn't give up until Pullis agreed to join. Now I am no TP fan - but that approach is whats needed at the top of our club - Identify your target and don't take no for an answer. We seem to right 'who's available ?' - which straight away limits the field.

Should we part with Steve Bruce in the coming weeks - Don't look beyond Gary Monk or Dean Smith - neither right for us in my opinion ?

smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:53 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:Boro sacked Monk after an away win because of his style of football then announce Pulis.

The board there are straight up fucking idiots.

Would make then shorter odds for promotion than us.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:55 pm

Don't you mean we must look beyond monk and Smith if neither are right for Villa?
I'd take Smith by the way.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:02 pm

De Kuip wrote:Don't you mean we must look beyond monk and Smith if neither are right for Villa?
I'd take Smith by the way.

I sit next to bloke who lives by brentford and watches then a lot - he also knows a lot of people at the club. Reckons Smith has very little input in buying players, He more or less only coaches the first team - and isn't thought that highly of at Brentford - attacking wise they are ok - but defensively they are woeful - often letting leads slip.
Sure Bruce looks close to the end but I would really fear for us under Dean Smith.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 43 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 30 ... 43  Next