The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Steve Bruce thread

+37
andrew24561
UnclePanda
LVBrit
bruka
STO67
De Kuip
FoxyAV
deadbuzzardalive
VTID85
avfc forever
jeffvilla
Fpuppys
Jae1411
smetro
Terry Derry
rogermuffin69
danclare82
Saunders82
achilles
gdale1
villajk
Wriggle
Army villain
ember
mefromhere
Dazzle
gaffer85
Boldfinger
Trotters
Dions_Bald_Head
NARLA24
The Utterer
DelboyVilla
Villa_Dan
big ming
Gordonsleftboot
AstonThriller
41 posters

Page 37 of 43 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 43  Next

Go down

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 37 Empty Re: The Steve Bruce thread

Post by De Kuip Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:34 am

Problem for me now is that Bruce has spoiled Villa for me personally. Sounds dramatic I know but it's how I feel. I don't even care if we get promoted, there's just no joy in supporting them presently and I despise him for making me feel that way.
I'm finding it harder and harder to care, I'm sick of having my intelligence insulted by his bullshit attitude.
Simply cannot wait for the dinosaur to fuck off and allow our great club to progress in the modern game of football.
De Kuip
De Kuip

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 37 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:00 am

The Teflon Dinosaur was bigging it up and having a go at the doubters because WE MANAGED TO BEAT ROTHERHAM AT HOME in a barely competent performance. I almost can't wait for the next well coached opponent to teach him a footballing lesson. Other teams results have kept us in touch,somehow but we have still played hardly any of the fancied teams.
He can big it up when we get automatic promotion but I'm not holding my breath.
big ming

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 37 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:11 am

DK - that's why I went for a low attendance at the match last night. If we play consistently and look good and everyone's happy about it there'll be more fans travelling in from further afield. I have huge respect for everyone who goes to matches week in week out and have done through some really dismal football displays of the last eight or so years. There's an issue here though, if we're being ridiculed for our performances ticket and merchandise sales will dip and become yet more lines on the income spreadsheet that show business is not good under Bruce.

What I think is more important is the owners will be looking at Bruce's outburst last night and be embarrassed by it. I'm embarrassed by it, it's the kind of thing my three-year-old might say 'it wasn't me, he did it, it's not fair but I'm right and you're wrong so there'. Actually, no, he probably wouldn't because even at three he's starting to understand what's what.

Either way it lacks dignity and reinforces my theory that he doesn't deserve to manage our great club. What he said last night is disrespectful. Lots of people pay a LOT of money to watch the Villa and have the right to express their feelings. The press and (what feels like) majority of fans have given him time and let him get on with it but no matter how his team made up of some of what on paper should be the best players in the Championship do, the cracks are getting wider.

On the plus side he's going to screw up and get replaced or if he starts doing well and somehow gets us into the PL the first thing the owners will do is get rid of him. We have to I suppose have faith that we'll either go on a winning run and have some fun (the team should start gelling then too) or it'll not be long before we start losing and that's curtains.

Anyway, well done to Bruce who from what he said seems to have single-handedly been responsible for taking his very expensive and very talented players and somehow, against the odds, beaten the vastly wealthy favourites for automatic promotion Rotherham. Who I wish all the luck in the world to - they're doing it the right way, much like Blackburn. Teams and managers to get behind and be proud of.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 37 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:25 am

I've never noticed this arrogance from him before? He is going on like he won the league? He is showing himself for what he really is, a self confident, self opinionated, stubborn, clueless, dinosaur!

#Bruceout
DelboyVilla

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 37 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Army villain Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:46 am

Bruce will never change, it's in his DNA, we are very lucky that we did not go up last season, because villa has been bought by the right people who are willing to invest, and get villa were it should be. It's only a matter of time before Bruce is fired just like he did at Sunderland. Look at his record after promotion it's not great. The owners realised that the fan base was split over removing Bruce when they took over , we just need to be patient, most of us new that Rotherham was a easy game, with the teams we have played we should have been at the top of the league. It's only a matter of time . UTV .
Army villain
Army villain

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 37 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:15 am

There's more, Bruce says he's wanted to play two up front at home for some time. So... why didn't he?

I was thinking how providing Bruce doesn't fuck it all up by bringing Whelan back in at DM we have what must be the best attacking line-up in the Championship. Bolasie, Abraham, Kodjia and El Ghazi with Grealish, McGinn and Hourihane behind them. That's a LOT of goals if Kodjia and Abraham can make a decent partnership, and when Hogan's better he could presumably do a good job in there too. I still believe the defence should be De Laet - I mean Hutton - at RB, Chester and Tuanzebe in the middle (even if it means playing Chester on the right) and Taylor on the left, and just stick with them. Jedi might have had a good match last night but how did Hutton and Chester fare next to him? If the DM is being removed then there'll be more pressure on the defence. It's up to Bruce now, innit?
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:35 pm

big ming wrote:The Teflon Dinosaur was bigging it up and having a go at the doubters because WE MANAGED TO BEAT ROTHERHAM AT HOME in a barely competent performance. I almost can't wait for the next well coached opponent to teach him a footballing lesson. Other teams results have kept us in touch,somehow but we have still played hardly any of the fancied teams.
He can big it up when we get automatic promotion but I'm not holding my breath.

I’m amazed that a reporter didn’t point out to Bruce that the mighty Rotherham had lost 25 of their previous 28 games on the road. So well done Steve, you really have set the bar high!
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:13 pm

They've only had two draws in those 28 games, that's just two points from a possible 84, in fact I saw a stat on twitter that they haven't won away in the second tier of English football since 1978.

Yet Bruce thinks us beating them, our first win in seven games, gives him a platform to start mock anyone who has questioned him, and to start bigging himself up and making it about him rather than the team, if we lose he doesn't talk about himself, he blames the players.

Another thing that annoys me is the way he keeps saying that there are expectations because we're Aston Villa and that there's nothing he can do about that... As it that's the only reason there are expectations, there are expectations because of the strength of our playing squad, if we had a rubbish team then there would be much less expectations, whether we're Aston Villa or not, just another one of his pathetic excuses.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:59 pm

Percy now reporting that Bruce is fighting for his job, he could just be guessing based on the other departures, but he's usuall pretty reliable, and this is significant because it's the first time anyone in the media has suggested that his job is under any kind of threat, which is usually the beginning of the end.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by STO67 Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:10 pm

I wonder if all those backroom staff going adds up to the salary one one Steve Bruce? FFP being the issue.
STO67
STO67

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:50 pm

Percy has now changed the wording of his above article from saying that Bruce is under review and fighting for his job to 'Despite the opposition from fans towards Bruce, it is understood there are no plans to dismiss him at this stage.'

Strange that he should change it so quick, seems like someone from the club saw what he'd written and got in contact to tell him Bruce's job is safe.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:26 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Percy has now changed the wording of his above article from saying that Bruce is under review and fighting for his job to 'Despite the opposition from fans towards Bruce, it is understood there are no plans to dismiss him at this stage.'

Strange that he should change it so quick, seems like someone from the club saw what he'd written and got in contact to tell him Bruce's job is safe.

Or "Don't let the cat out of the bag yet, we'll give you the exclusive when it happens if you redact now".
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:07 pm

Yes they probably just don't want it being reported that he's under review. It's common sense that he is anyway. For all we know the Technical Director's first job whoever it might be, might be to find a replacement for Bruce.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:44 am

For me it would be obvious that everything at the club would be under review, the manager and coaching set up especially. I always thought that somewhere approaching October could be D-Day for Bruce, it may turn out that we have a change in the pipeline now, the first steps have been taken with the dismissal of the scouts etc. I can’t imagine there’s any probability that Bruce has met expected performance or points targets, and thus he is definitely in the crosshairs now. It surely has to be just a matter of timings before he is gone, a time when least disruption can be achieved........when is the next international break or simply gap in fixtures?
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:56 am

There is an international break next month I seem to remember? And one in November? I just hope and pray the Potato Headed fraudster in gone by Christmas!

Then again I am not one of those intelligent fans according to Potato Head so what do I know?
DelboyVilla

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 37 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:02 pm

DelboyVilla wrote:Then again I am not one of those intelligent fans according to Potato Head so what do I know?

This to me is the kick in the teeth and is really Bruce showing his arse now. Every fan that has turned up and boo'd him has done so as they are very much entitled to do not to mention at some expense. To dismiss anyone who doesn't want him here as not being intelligent is contemptible.
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:03 pm

Who we bring in as 'Technical Director' could tell us a lot... Eduardo Macià is being linked... Neil Moxey saying that Mendes has offered us a few suggestions as well... A quick google search tells me that this time last year there were stories that he was lining up Daniel Majstorovic for Wolves, never heard of him, but apparently Mochi wanted to work alongside him at Roma... I'm just guessing but could be someone who we look at.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:50 pm

I think that Bruce's over reaction to beating the mighty Rotherham shows that he is under pressure from fans and from within the club.
He knows that his job is on the line, and let's face it the way he has managed to keep us in the championship who the hell would want him as their manager. ?
May be hull? That's his level.
He goes on about players not being able to handle playing for such a big club, seems to me like he can't handle managing us.
He has a small club mentality.
Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by STO67 Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:22 pm

I think Moxley is grasping at straws just to get on Bruce's tits after their spat recently. Mentioning Mendes will piss Bruce right off and I doubt he's actually involved in picking someone for that role. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if the club asked Moxley to piss Bruce off as the axe sounds like it is starting to swing.
STO67
STO67

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:01 pm

Moxley has traditionally been a big supporter of Bruce, even today's article is suggesting that he's being under undermined...

The winds of change are sweeping through Villa Park, leaving just one major question hanging.

Have they blown themselves out, or is a further gale on its way?

The latest signs that a major upheaval is taking place concerns the re-shaping of the recruitment department.

Seven members of staff, including head of European operations Ian Atkins, have been churned up and tossed out

Since the takeover by new owners Nassef Sawaris and Wes Edens the pace has been brutal.

Former chief executive Keith Wyness and director of football Steve Round were axed prior to the sale by Tony Xia.

However, behind-the-scenes, several scouts had been culled. And now this.

A new head honcho – ex-Liverpool managing director Christian Purslow – and now a sporting director is on his way.

There are a few names are in the frame for the job vacated by Round.

Purslow is understood to favour Leicester City's Eduardo Macia – the pair have a relationship dating back to the time they spent together at Anfield.

But super-agent Jorge Mendes also has forwarded candidates for the position and no decision has yet been communicated.

Which leaves a sub-plot as to who made the decision to re-organise the recruitment department?

Was it the manager, Steve Bruce? Or Purslow? The owners? Mendes?

Certainly it would seem strange if the club's boss had taken the decision to dispense with colleagues he had worked with for a couple of years.

On the face of it, there's no need for him to take any action.

And it certainly does appear bizarre, most obviously in Atkins' case, a well-travelled and respected figure on the European scene who has collected over a decade of experience and contacts, most notably with Everton.

Why throw out that knowledge, particularly given the prospect of a close liaison with Portuguese middle-men who have access to some of the continent's top players?

At this juncture, it is worth pointing out too that most of Bruce's signings have been domestic. Birkir Bjarnason can count himself unfortunate not to have started more matches under Villa's boss.

Anwar El Ghazi, signed from Lille, has made a bright start.

Atkins appears a scapegoat for somebody.

What is also interesting is how the decision has been reached.

For instance, how would Purslow, installed in the position only late last month, know the good, bad and indifferent in Villa's recruitment team, particularly as the last window has only just closed?

The intrigue thickens still further given the identity of the new sporting director.

If one of Mendes's candidates is not appointed, how will that work, given the fact that the owners are known to favour the kind of approach that has seen Wolves prosper in the past 12 months?

All of which leaves Bruce, as the figurehead, wondering what might be around the corner.

The owner who rubber-stamped his appointment has been replaced. The chief executive who made the recommendation has left. The sporting director who initially made the approach to the Geordie has been relieved of his duties.

Now, the recruitment team – presumably the one who helped him during the window last month – has also been dismantled.

The manager cuts an increasingly isolated figure, with only his coaching staff providing any real support.

The 57-year-old is experienced enough to know that new owners normally bring in their own people. Including the main man.

Yes, the winds of change have been sweeping through Villa Park, all right and whether they have blown themselves out really depends on results.

But then, that's really not telling Bruce anything he doesn't already know – although his margin for error now appears smaller than it has ever been.

A few strange points in there really, getting rid of Atkins isn't Bizzare, he's meant to be our head European scout, and we hardly signed anyone from Europe whilst he was here, Bjarnason is the only one that springs to mind... Also strange to suggest that Mendes was behind his sacking, or that our owners look to favour the 'Wolves model', all we've done is sign a few of Mendes clients and then only on loan, Bjarnason and Nyland have the same agent as well... As I say the media are going to try and make it look like Bruce is being undermined.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:48 am

Must admit it's starting to feel a little bit like the last days of Saigon at VP with all those "advisors" being evacuated.
Fully expect to see a grainy 8mm film released on youtube of Xia's helicopter lifting of from the roof of the Holte with Bruce hanging onto one of the landing skids as the new regime break down the Trinity gates and swarm into the ground.
De Kuip
De Kuip

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 37 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:16 pm

I see almost everyone's laying into Bruce because he's said Forestieri is going to be the danger man on Saturday when he won't even be playing... Except Bruce didn't actually say that... he said he's a threat if fit... If we moan at him for things that he hasn't said, or twist his words for the sake of a moan, then that undermines us when wanting to hold him to account for some of the rubbish that he actually does come out with.

He got his usual excuses in though, like it's a long season, our new players have only had three or four days with each other apparently, despite the transfer window being shut for three weeks now, keeps going on about how they'll get better as the season goes on, in other words he wants more time.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:26 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:I see almost everyone's laying into Bruce because he's said Forestieri is going to be the danger man on Saturday when he won't even be playing... Except Bruce didn't actually say that... he said he's a threat if fit... If we moan at him for things that he hasn't said, or twist his words for the sake of a moan, then that undermines us when wanting to hold him to account for some of the rubbish that he actually does come out with.

He got his usual excuses in though, like it's a long season, our new players have only had three or four days with each other apparently, despite the transfer window being shut for three weeks now, keeps going on about how they'll get better as the season goes on, in other words he wants more time.

I haven't seen anyone do it here. Bruce is fine: his football, training, treatment of paying fans, tactics, understanding of the modern game, team selection, loans and pretty much everything else is well below par for any club, let alone one bought and invested in by the new owners because we are ready for promotion. All the infrastructure is ready, the fan base is huge, the players are more than good enough (and as I've mentioned even our reserves could get promoted with a decent manager in place) and the money's there to back it all. Bruce is the main thing holding us back and his excuses have worn thin. Attacking the club's faithful supporters who've more than given him enough of a chance is hopefully the last act of a desperate man.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:57 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:I see almost everyone's laying into Bruce because he's said Forestieri is going to be the danger man on Saturday when he won't even be playing... Except Bruce didn't actually say that... he said he's a threat if fit... If we moan at him for things that he hasn't said, or twist his words for the sake of a moan, then that undermines us when wanting to hold him to account for some of the rubbish that he actually does come out with.

The point is that Forestieri is suspended and cannot play. You would think that a master tactician preparing a plan to defeat the opposition would know that. It's no wonder he has no credibility with most of us.
big ming

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:21 pm

I actually think he'll be safe even if we lose tomorrow. Unfortunately that win against Rotherham, despite how poor away from home they are, will have bought him some time... I personally think we need to get out of the mindset that challenging top six is us being there or thereabouts, otherwise you can be midtable and find it acceptable... Seriously challenging top two has to be the aim, when I say seriously challenging, I don't mean constantly being left behind by five or eight points playing catch up, as is happening this season and happened all last season.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 43 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 43  Next