The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Steve Bruce thread

+37
andrew24561
UnclePanda
LVBrit
bruka
STO67
De Kuip
FoxyAV
deadbuzzardalive
VTID85
avfc forever
jeffvilla
Fpuppys
Jae1411
smetro
Terry Derry
rogermuffin69
danclare82
Saunders82
achilles
gdale1
villajk
Wriggle
Army villain
ember
mefromhere
Dazzle
gaffer85
Boldfinger
Trotters
Dions_Bald_Head
NARLA24
The Utterer
DelboyVilla
Villa_Dan
big ming
Gordonsleftboot
AstonThriller
41 posters

Page 1 of 43 1, 2, 3 ... 22 ... 43  Next

Go down

The Steve Bruce thread Empty The Steve Bruce thread

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:06 pm

Bruce didn't feel confident about keep his jobs a few weeks back when he was saying that he hopes Xia is a patient man. Unfortunately I don't think we can read too much into it.

Looks like he isn't going anywhere, and when they do finally wake up, it will be too late.
deadbuzzardalive

The Steve Bruce thread 4_star10

Back to top Go down

The Steve Bruce thread Empty Re: The Steve Bruce thread

Post by AstonThriller Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:04 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Bruce didn't feel confident about keep his jobs a few weeks back when he was saying that he hopes Xia is a patient man. Unfortunately I don't think we can read too much into it.

Looks like he isn't going anywhere, and when they do finally wake up, it will be too late.

But surely there must be a reason why he's not feeling confident? Usually, when a manager is asked that question, they say "yes they've been very supportive and are backing me to turn things around"...but Bruce's response smacks of a man who has been warned about his position more than once tbh.

If he's not gone tomorrow then you'll be right, They will continue to fiddle their thumbs in the hope that something changes at Barnsley.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

The Steve Bruce thread 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:54 pm

I was hoping someone like Percy would tweet tonight that he's on borrowed time or similar, just a little something to give hope that the club are doing the right thing.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:07 pm

Latest quotes from Bruce are VERY revealing imo. It's the words of a man who's in big trouble.

Steve Bruce:

"I know for a fact we will climb the table. I know for a fact we will mount a challenge."

"It will turn. Whether I am given time for it to turn, that is the big question.”

Again WHY would he keep talking about being "given time" if he didn't feel under threat from someone? Imo he's either been warned or he believes he's close to the sack. The guy is literally begging for more time.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:40 pm

He's been here for eleven months now, he's had plenty of time to turn things around, or at least improve the situation and show signs that we're heading in the right direction. Moaning about time and FFP, alone should be enough for Xia to seriously doubt the guy when he's had plenty of time and money.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:57 pm

To me it's as clear as day. Bruce is in big trouble and if he doesn't go today then it's win or bust at Barnsley.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:14 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:No plan or tactics In The 2nd half. He is responsible for that.

Thor at left wing. He's responsible for that.

Throwing on Kodjia before he is ready to be back. He's responsible for that.

Making 2 changes at half-time leaving us fucked out of luck to change things when it wasn't working in the 2nd half. He's responsible for that.

Throwing another player under the bus to take the blame. He's responsible for that.

2 games in a week. 180 minutes of football, 60 against 10 men, and only 7 shots on target. "Tactics"

I pretty much agree, even if I think the half time subs were correct.

Personally I'll just say that he has us playing shit, and that's on him. Not the players. Him. Steve Bruce. He's paid millions to get us promoted and we are shit.

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:16 pm

Howard Hodgson has written the following piece as an open letter in the Birmingham Mail...

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-blog-open-letter-13620086

probably won't make much difference, but when you see all the facts in one piece, it makes Bruce's tenure look even worse...
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:48 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:I was hoping someone like Percy would tweet tonight that he's on borrowed time or similar, just a little something to give hope that the club are doing the right thing.

After the Reading defeat Percy, Moxley and co claimed he had two or three games didn't they? Then we beat Norwich and everything died down.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:02 pm

Hopefully with other managers being linked, and Bruce himself seemingly unsure about his future it's the beginning of the end now.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordonsleftboot Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:39 pm

A spanish report linking villa to a move for Oscar Garcia? Is it true?
Gordonsleftboot
Gordonsleftboot

The Steve Bruce thread 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:42 am

Only thing that can save Bruce now (don't want him saved) is 442. Abandon the defensive midfielder and Attack! Attack! Attack!
If the opposition score two, we will score three approach.
I would have a couple of the youngsters, particularly O'Hare, in for energy and youthful exhuberance. Some of the "seniors" have blown their chance.
big ming

The Steve Bruce thread 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:04 pm

big ming wrote:Only thing that can save Bruce now (don't want him saved) is 442. Abandon the defensive midfielder and Attack! Attack! Attack!
If the opposition score two, we will score three approach.
I would have a couple of the youngsters, particularly O'Hare, in for energy and youthful exhuberance. Some of the "seniors" have blown their chance.

I've banged on about this before: Hourihane and Lansbury looked good together against Brighton, have a look at their positioning for the ball and how advanced they are in the highlights:

https://www.avfc.co.uk/AVTV/2017/05/07/Aston%20Villa%2011%20Brighton%20Extended%20highlights

I realise a 4-4-2 would be the simplest approach but I'd be just as interested in a 4-5-1, with Lansbury, Hourihane and Onomah in the middle, and Adomah and Snodgrass (Bruce is going to play him no matter what) on the wings, or, controversially, Blackett-Taylor on the left and Adomah on the right. Shame we'd have our right footed player on the left and our left footed player on the right but that's apparently how Snodgrass wants it, and I can't see Bruce doing anything about it. Both Kodjia and Hogan seem to prefer to play up front on their own but importantly Hourihane, Lansbury and Onomah know what they're doing, can score goals and two of them are two of our most creative players, just what Kodjia or Hogan (or Davis) needs. Stick O'Hare on the bench in case one of them isn't working out.

Bruce needs to select his best 11 and right now that doesn't include Elmo, Whelan, Jedi and quite possibly Snodgrass. Pick them he will though, bearing in mind he brought three of them in for this season just to try to improve on last season! I wonder what are the odds on Elmo playing at RB with Snodgrass ahead of him?

And I don't agree with Lansbury's card being rescinded, I think he deserved it and it sends out a very bad signal and undermines the referee. Who I thought was mostly shit but Lansbury deserved that. I'd still play him but would be reading him the riot act.

FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:53 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:00 pm

jimbop wrote:interesting letter from Howard posted on linkedin earlier - http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-blog-open-letter-13620086

Hold on mate, you've been arguing with anyone who has been anti-Bruce of late but you're ok with this because it's come from HH?
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:01 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:
jimbop wrote:interesting letter from Howard posted on linkedin earlier - http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-blog-open-letter-13620086

Hold on mate, you've been arguing with anyone who has been anti-Bruce of late but you're ok with this because it's come from HH?

didn't say I agreed with it, said interesting. in regards to arguing with people, its not an argument as such, its my view. I admit there are times when I wear rose tinted glasse's but I just want us to do well and am sick to death of starting all over again so sometimes snap when I see all the negativity.

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:08 pm

Bruce press conference this morning smacks of a man in desperate trouble and on his last legs.

Bruce: "Do or die on Saturday? Who's creating that? Social media and phone-ins. If its last chance saloon then so be it, if that's what they (fans) want then so be it."

"I do believe the vast majority of supporters are right behind myself and the team and they can see there's been progress made in what's been a very difficult period for the club."

"I've heard I'm a dinosaur, this that and the other. 2 promotions in 5 years, who else are they gonna get any better? What's the fix? Off with my head and then somebody else comes in and changes it?".

"Progress"? He came in when we were nineteenth in the table, and where do we sit today? EIGHTEENTH. So what on earth is he talking about? And that first comment is just INCREDIBLE!!..he knows he's on borrowed time, and he's sulking about it because he knows he's made an absolute pigs ear of such a massive opportunity he's been given.

In closing, he keeps having a go at us fans and for me the result on saturday shouldn't matter one jot. Just get this idiot out and let's start again with a manager who actually knows what he's doing.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:00 pm

TalkShite this morning talking about Bruce being under pressure. So the press are getting noise of something...
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:49 pm

AstonThriller wrote:he keeps having a go at us fans

The other day I thought I'd start a new thread for Bruce's excuses but when I started listing the ones I could find I realised just how many there were and gave up. Everything is to blame - predominantly players but also us fans (and our expectations). He just shouldn't open his mouth, no one respects him, surely after he keeps blaming them the players must think he's a complete fucktard. He's the manager, he's the one with the best toy box in the Championship and like a bad workman he's blaming his tools.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:28 pm

Listened to the match interview and I think he talks a good talk. I genuinly think he is right about what he's saying, and it's largely why I want continuity in this club, but it does however require performances that makes you believe we can improve. And I just can't see it on the pitch. You can't just talk it, you must walk it.

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:23 am

He always talks like he only started this job this season and seems to forget all the time and money from last season? Personally I think he has been very fairly treated as to finish 13th last year was a huge under performance yet he got a clean slate. He now expects more time and patience? Absolutely ridiculous!
DelboyVilla

The Steve Bruce thread 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:56 pm

I'm actually enjoying watching Bruce discover new things like my two-year-old does - things like being forced to play Hourihane and Davis and suddenly realising they're rather good, or playing a 4-4-2 and it actually working. I wonder what vision he'll have next, hopefully dropping Whelan for a midfielder who isn't a one-trick pony or maybe working out how and when substitutes work.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:15 pm

I'm just amazed at how bad we are at throw ins and set pieces, especially defensively.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:29 am

Joppe84 wrote:I'm just amazed at how bad we are at throw ins and set pieces, especially defensively.

Thats interesting actually as i watched an interview with Big Sam the other day & he was talking about the number of coaches who don't really see throw ins as a major thing so don't really practice them which surprised him. He said one of the first things he does at a new club is set them up to utilise them. Maybe our coaches are some of those who ignore them? Who knows i guess
The Utterer
The Utterer

The Steve Bruce thread 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:10 am

even after a 3-0 win it comes to slating how we take throws. Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down