The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Steve Bruce thread

+45
LVBrit
holtehero
achilles
FoxyAV
smetro
deadbuzzardalive
DelboyVilla
The Utterer
AstonThriller
Dazzle
Thinman
Saunders82
Wookster
Villa Ranger
danclare82
Dions_Bald_Head
big ming
Gordonsleftboot
Wriggle
Cha Ching
Villa_Dan
1Elliot
Jae1411
mefromhere
gaffer85
Peter
jeffvilla
UnclePanda
Army villain
Con
Boldfinger
Trotters
De Kuip
VTID85
avfc forever
NARLA24
4BetLite
ember
gdav
Rawlie
DaveAV1
Fpuppys
Synopsis
andrew24561
Barabass
49 posters

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 28 Empty Re: The Steve Bruce thread

Post by AstonThriller Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:36 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:In his latest interview Bruce is basically saying he's brought in older players because there wasn't the money to sign younger ones, hardly inspires confidence in those he did sign, neither does saying that he doesn't know if we can mount a challenge.

On whether or not Xia will be patient, he points to the examples of Ferguson and Wenger, as if he's anything like those two. Bruce asking if Xia is patient man is basically him trying to make the club look bad if he gets the sack.

I'd be amazed if he gets out of this mess tbh. Even Franksy and co on BBC WM, who have been backing Bruce all the way, are saying he sounds and looks like a broken man. The Grealish excuses were rolled out even before a ball was kicked.."I was gonna build my whole side around him"..and it's just gotten worse from there. Xia's silence is speaking volumes. Just thinking back to the vibe after the Preston game and wasn't he silent after that too before RDM got sacked?

I think tomorrow is win or bust for old Potato head tbh.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 28 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:49 pm

AstonThriller wrote:
deadbuzzardalive wrote:In his latest interview Bruce is basically saying he's brought in older players because there wasn't the money to sign younger ones, hardly inspires confidence in those he did sign, neither does saying that he doesn't know if we can mount a challenge.

On whether or not Xia will be patient, he points to the examples of Ferguson and Wenger, as if he's anything like those two. Bruce asking if Xia is patient man is basically him trying to make the club look bad if he gets the sack.

I'd be amazed if he gets out of this mess tbh. Even Franksy and co on BBC WM, who have been backing Bruce all the way, are saying he sounds and looks like a broken man. The Grealish excuses were rolled out even before a ball was kicked.."I was gonna build my whole side around him"..and it's just gotten worse from there. Xia's silence is speaking volumes. Just thinking back to the vibe after the Preston game and wasn't he silent after that too before RDM got sacked?

I think tomorrow is win or bust for old Potato head tbh.

It' certainly looking like the silence has substance behind it, isn't it? It's just not like Xia at all to go into social media silence, if Reading turn us over tomorrow that could well be it for Bruce. I'd imagine Xia is looking for a good performance and 3pts at Reading to show some kind of green shoots, and I don't think anyone could really disagree with that view after 40 games, improvement should be evident
Dazzle
Dazzle

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 28 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:59 pm

I suspect that Xia might break his silence before the game tomorrow, but it will probably be some sort of good luck message for the team before the match. If we do lose tomorrow, then I wouldn't be surprised if that's the final straw.

You'd think after Saturday, it would be pretty easy to get a positive reaction, if he can't then that says it all really. he'll probably go ultra defensive tomorrow and play five at the back, hoping that a draw, or a smash and grab win, will be enough to save his job.

That said, I'm starting to wonder if he actually wants to be here.
deadbuzzardalive

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 28 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:09 pm

Thanks @jeffvilla

I think Bruce's hangdog response has been pretty sad. Where's the anger & fight; I thought this was his dream job. Of all the things I've read from Tony, he was willing to be patient but he admires a battling desire & it feels like this is absent thru the club at the moment.
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:15 am

deadbuzzardalive wrote:I suspect that Xia might break his silence before the game tomorrow, but it will probably be some sort of good luck message for the team before the match. If we do lose tomorrow, then I wouldn't be surprised if that's the final straw.

You'd think after Saturday, it would be pretty easy to get a positive reaction, if he can't then that says it all really. he'll probably go ultra defensive tomorrow and play five at the back, hoping that a draw, or a smash and grab win, will be enough to save his job.

That said, I'm starting to wonder if he actually wants to be here.

For me that's the whole point as anyone could get a win with this team which apart from Middlesboro is head and shoulders a far superior squad compared to any other team in the league. However the way Bruce is at the moment he will change the whole team around and we will have Thor and McBigMac running round like idiots! Any players watching these interviews will like the rest of realize that Bruce is a dead man walking?

Did he really mention himself in the same breath as SAF and AW?? unbelievable!!
DelboyVilla

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 28 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:32 am

I think he was making the point that he should be given time, because of what they achieved after being given time. I don't think he was intending to compare himself to them ability wise, although, I suppose indirectly that's kind of what he's doing.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:41 am

SBs last day today - do you think they'll let him bring games in and wear his blazer back to front?

if they do let him bring games in, I'd suggest "Football Manager" on XBox...............
De Kuip
De Kuip

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 28 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:09 am

It appears that the good Doctor has been to the Doctors. On Facebook, he has commented that he kicked a door when the third goal went in  and has either broken or hurt his shin. This is why he has not been on social media. The Steve Bruce thread - Page 28 498107619
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:19 am

jeffvilla wrote:It appears that the good Doctor has been to the Doctors. On Facebook, he has commented that he kicked a door when the third goal went in  and has either broken or hurt his shin. This is why he has not been on social media. The Steve Bruce thread - Page 28 498107619

That's from a spoof account on twitter.

I'm starting to doubt Bruce will get the sack even if we lose tonight, they've talked about stability all summer, what does it say if they then go and sack him after three games? I think he'll get a few more after today.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:43 am

What a load of rubbish, so he is saying that the scouting setup is rubbish because he couldn't find younger players on less wages but probably with a fee involved, so working about the same as signing JT with his £60,000 weekly wages?
Then saying he doesn't know if we can mount a challenge, what the hell is he here for then?
These comments just smack of a manager who has accected the inevitability and just given up!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:47 am

Him moaning about money is stupid, he's had the money, it's just that it was spent earlier back in January rather than the summer, to allow him more time with the new players, in preparation for this season, he doesn't even play half of them, and when he does they're often out of position, or being asked to play a different position every other game, so some good that did.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:31 am

Then saying he doesn't know if we can mount a challenge, what the hell is he here for then?

He didn't really say this did he?

Tony must be close to spontaneous combustion by now? The Steve Bruce thread - Page 28 1715320296
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:18 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:
jeffvilla wrote:It appears that the good Doctor has been to the Doctors. On Facebook, he has commented that he kicked a door when the third goal went in  and has either broken or hurt his shin. This is why he has not been on social media. The Steve Bruce thread - Page 28 498107619

I'm starting to doubt Bruce will get the sack even if we lose tonight, they've talked about stability all summer, what does it say if they then go and sack him after three games? I think he'll get a few more after today.

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 28 Dhnizq10

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 28 498107619
Fpuppys
Fpuppys

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:13 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:

What do you think the board are more concerned about? "stability" or promotion? Wyness made it clear that they are not afraid to take action when needed. Rongtian has also made it clear that the performance at Cardiff was "unacceptable". I have no doubts whatsoever that Bruce is gone tonight if we lose...maybe I'm being naive, but I've never been this sure about a manager's future than I am about Bruce if we lose tonight.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:49 pm

They're obviously more bothered about promotion, I just hope they can get over the false idea, that it's stability with Bruce that leads to that, before it's too late. A repeat of Saturdays perforance today, and it's hard to see the club having any choice but to sack him.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Wriggle Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:59 pm

i hope he tells them to just go out and attack. I never understand how teams looking for wins always seem to sit back and hope to keep a clean sheet and snatch a win.

If he gets the team going out and bullying teams with attacking football, he'll get a lot more leeway on the result front.
Wriggle
Wriggle

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 28 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:37 pm

Got a feeling they won't sack him yet, but hoping by tomorrow lunch time he's gone.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:47 pm

I hope they change the locks on his fucking office tonight
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jae1411 Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:55 pm

His interview after the game is ridiculous. How can he say we didn't see the goal coming with a straight face.
Jae1411

Back to top Go down

Post by gaffer85 Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:58 pm

It was a lucky but there is no luck in football you make your own
All the top teams get more luck because there in the position to benefit from the luck
gaffer85
gaffer85

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:17 pm

Just for the record mr Bruce It's called "The numbers game" In other words if you allow the opposition 78% possession every game and for them to just attack you at will with barely any risk of a counter on them then at some point one of their shots, crosses or passes WILL take a lucky deflection and result in a goal. To expect to keep a clean sheet with such tactics is frankly barmy!

Likewise to expect to score with 2 or 3 attacks per game is not enough numbers for the averages to work in your favour so you will seldom score a goal that way no matter how "good" or supposedly good your players are.

The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:22 pm

All eyes on the news then. If it's promotion or bust this season, the good doctor can't possibly expect the former with Spudcunt in charge.
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:51 pm

Dignity?

Steve Bruce wrote:"I am the right man for the job, my record in the Championship tells me that," said Bruce.

"I'm under no illusion, we're judged by results. Hopefully I'm given the time to do that and turn it round."

He added: "Give me until the end of the window. We've had an awful start, that's all it is. I'm not going to beat myself up about it because there's still a long, long way to go."

Doesn't look like it.
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by LVBrit Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:58 pm

The only window i would give him is 4th floor one as he went through it head first.
LVBrit

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:55 am

Well if THIS is indeed true, then it looks like Bruce is all but done Very Happy .
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next