The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Steve Bruce thread

+45
LVBrit
holtehero
achilles
FoxyAV
smetro
deadbuzzardalive
DelboyVilla
The Utterer
AstonThriller
Dazzle
Thinman
Saunders82
Wookster
Villa Ranger
danclare82
Dions_Bald_Head
big ming
Gordonsleftboot
Wriggle
Cha Ching
Villa_Dan
1Elliot
Jae1411
mefromhere
gaffer85
Peter
jeffvilla
UnclePanda
Army villain
Con
Boldfinger
Trotters
De Kuip
VTID85
avfc forever
NARLA24
4BetLite
ember
gdav
Rawlie
DaveAV1
Fpuppys
Synopsis
andrew24561
Barabass
49 posters

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 34 Empty Re: The Steve Bruce thread

Post by Guest Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:18 pm

Today Bruce showed that not only is he a quick learner but he's a smart old fox tactically too. He explained after the game that he didn't think the lads could press them all game so he decided to sit back in the first half and then let them attack in the second half. So already he's done good by his promise to address the "fitness" issue by setting them up to ensure they aren't out on their feet in the last ten minutes. now apparently after 3 games Bruce has turned into a dum old fox who is tactically clueless. hahahahaha

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:20 pm

Bruce by his own admission 'isn't one for tactics', and that's reflected in our diabolical performances under him. Also if he preached the concept of keeping possesion of the ball, we wouldn't need to press all game, that's what teams that press the ball do.
deadbuzzardalive

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 34 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:57 pm

His press conference today was an unadulterated disaster. "It's nonsense to be under pressure over three games"...he's such a deluded prick that he can't even fathom that this goes way deeper than just three f#cking games...IT'S TEN MONTHS OF CRAP YOU IDIOT!!.

Can't wait for tomorrow now...let's see what he's gonna serve up infront of the Villa masses. Either win, or GET OUT!!..simple.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 34 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:58 pm

AstonThriller wrote:His press conference today was an unadulterated disaster. "It's nonsense to be under pressure over three games"...he's such a deluded prick that he can't even fathom that this goes way deeper than just three f#cking games...IT'S TEN MONTHS OF CRAP YOU IDIOT!!.

Can't wait for tomorrow now...let's see what he's gonna serve up infront of the Villa masses. Either win, or GET OUT!!..simple.

bet your hoping we loose??

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:07 pm

Just heard the sad news that Brucie has died, really got my hope's up for the Norwich game till I found out it's not the one I wanted. The Steve Bruce thread - Page 34 1558371468

R.I.P Sir Bruce/ on your bike Steve.
Fpuppys
Fpuppys

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 34 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:20 pm

I just can't see the current style of play winning many games, therefore Bruce will fail to stay as manager, even with the hysteria.
avfc85
avfc85

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:55 pm

I have to say that YES Bruce has been with us 10 months BUT most of that is now history, this season is only 3 games so far and I'm like everyone else in feeling peeeved, but lets see what tomorrow brings. We can moan & moan but the only one who matters is Dr Tony once he gets pissed off then something will happen, what we need to do is suck it up try to keep calm and see what happens, maybe not a nice thought but there it is. The Steve Bruce thread - Page 34 4025243045
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:10 pm

Bruce annoys me everytime he opens his mouth at the moment, he said before he can only laugh at the speculation regarding his job, after only three matchs. I can't wait for him to go, and I don't think I've known a manager I've wanted out of the club more, he's basically like a super composite of all the worst traits of every manager we've had in recent times.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:12 pm

We're bottom of the league.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:28 pm

He looks like he's on the verge of tears in this, twitter video. Fighting talk but actions speak louder than words, if he can 'put it down people's throats' come the end of the season when he's got us promoted all well and good.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:40 pm

With us now being bottom of the league if we suffer a heavy home defeat (2-0) or more tomorrow then surely he will have to go.
Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:47 pm

Boldfinger wrote:With us now being bottom of the league if we suffer a heavy home defeat (2-0) or more tomorrow then surely he will have to go.

The only way is UP now, so lets hope it gives the team a kick up the ass. The Steve Bruce thread - Page 34 1520050566
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:50 pm

Remember when your 6 years oldin the playground 'were the strongest team in the league - because we're holding everyone up' expect Bruce to say this in his press conference.
Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:47 am

Well now John Percy is even saying potato head is facing a critical game tomorrow so it looks like the wagons are circling around him. I did warn everyone that we could find ourselves bottom of the league tonight and now I think the heat has just gone up a fair few notches. Would Wyness and co seriously continue to back this guy should we lose again tomorrow? I pray they have more sense than that.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by Alf T Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:09 am

I can't help but feel that Xia has at last spent time listening to informed voices.

He has been very quiet on Twitter, before his "enigmatic" ref to an old and dated, economics textbook. Which got 70% of our fellow forum-fanatics convinced Steve was set-in-concrete and others feeling it was a dig at Steve's failure to command.

I'd go with the latter Sad

Main point being, that Xia cannot afford any more GAMBLING.
It may be a Chinese-Macho-Business ... thing, to gamble...but this is Villa, US, on the cusp of embargo and point-deductions through FFP.

We surely shirley cannot sack Steve
- buy another manager's contract or even pay a joining fee
- and give them a January budget?

We've got Steve, even if - imo - Xia at last realises he's wrong.

I don't have a solution. Nor a suggestion beyond a new, decent owner, to ride out this season

Comic-Owner and Two Comic-Managers.

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 34 1327487109
Alf T
Alf T

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 34 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:40 am

Almost feels like a no win siutation today, win and Bruce keeps his job, lose and we drop off the pace and he might still keep his job. Or I suppose you could flip that and say it's a no lose situation, lose and Bruce potentially goes, win and we close the gap, and get off the bottom of the table.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:57 am

That John Percy article seems to imply that getting rid of Bruce might impact on FFP!

"or if he can afford to dismiss Bruce with Financial Fair Play continuing to gnaw away."

This FFP seems to get dragged up at every opportunity with Villa but doesn't seem to effect any other club in the championship!

I have already stated that I don't want SB sacked, he should have the season now before any decision is reached.
I think that is the only thing I agree with SB on and that is we need stability, which I am prepared to give him.

Anyway I quite like the Championship, it is quite quaint, rather than the bloated PL!
achilles
achilles

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 34 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:54 am

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Almost feels like a no win siutation today, win and Bruce keeps his job, lose and we drop off the pace and he might still keep his job. Or I suppose you could flip that and say it's a no lose situation, lose and Bruce potentially goes, win and we close the gap, and get off the bottom of the table.

IF we lose and he goes I wouldn't be too worried about "losing pace" with the others tbh. forty-two games is more than enough games to close a ten/eleven point gap. One stat I'll turn too is the table HERE. After six games last season Leeds were bottom three and Monk was under pressure as they'd lost four games, won one and drew one. And we all saw how well they did in the end. So hope isn't lost even if it doesn't go well for us today.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:02 am

AstonThriller wrote:
deadbuzzardalive wrote:Almost feels like a no win siutation today, win and Bruce keeps his job, lose and we drop off the pace and he might still keep his job. Or I suppose you could flip that and say it's a no lose situation, lose and Bruce potentially goes, win and we close the gap, and get off the bottom of the table.

IF we lose and he goes I wouldn't be too worried about "losing pace" with the others tbh. forty-two games is more than enough games to close a ten/eleven point gap. One stat I'll turn too is the table HERE. After six games last season Leeds were bottom three and Monk was under pressure as they'd lost four games, won one and drew one. And we all saw how well they did in the end. So hope isn't lost even if it doesn't go well for us today.

Playing devils advocate here but Monk was given time to get it right! I'll get my coat
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:53 am

achilles wrote:

Playing devils advocate here but Monk was given time to get it right! I'll get my coat

Monk never had forty games and ten months in-charge though. If Bruce had just come in this summer, no-one would be talking about him getting sacked.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:47 pm

It's been said already but if he had a reasonably consistent side that was showing signs of working a plan, then I'd be happy to give him some rope.

But he's admitted that he can't find the right shape, he's blamed the players, he's no clue about tactics, the opposition manager nearly always tweaks their side at half-time to take advantage of Bruce's mis-management and, frankly, we're getting worse each week.

If we do win a game, it'll be because the team have taken it upon themselves to do their own thing but I've a feeling he's lost the changing room so I can't see that happening either.

This is one big potato-shaped cloud and there's no silver lining that I can see.
Trotters
Trotters

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 34 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:39 pm

Credit where it's due & a big performance & huge relief to win today. Appears we have issues in defence to me which is odd as i thought that would be our strong department with JT & Samba signing.

So at home it's P2 W1 D1 L0 F5 A3

Away it's P2 W0 D0 L2 F1 A4

Clearly it's away from home that is the serious issue once again.
A good gauge of progress on Friday away at Bristol. We lost badly there last season and they have strengthened plus it's live on Sky The Steve Bruce thread - Page 34 498107619

If we can nick a win there i may just start to believe again!

The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:02 pm

Still going on about how it was nonsense to judge him after 'three games', yet talks as if he's turned the corner after one game, besides as we all know, no one is judging him on three games.

Hate to say it, after a victory, but I think now is the perfect time to make a change.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:29 am

Still moaning about FFP and not having millions to spend, despite the fact that he's spent millions. In a strange way I think yesterdays result puts a bit of pressure on him, as it shows that the team is capable of winning and scoring goals without Kodjia or Jedinak, so no more excuses.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:05 am

That's a reprieve for Brucie Boy then? He has to show improve over the next few games still though to begin to convince me and a lot of other fans?
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next