The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Steve Bruce thread

+45
LVBrit
holtehero
achilles
FoxyAV
smetro
deadbuzzardalive
DelboyVilla
The Utterer
AstonThriller
Dazzle
Thinman
Saunders82
Wookster
Villa Ranger
danclare82
Dions_Bald_Head
big ming
Gordonsleftboot
Wriggle
Cha Ching
Villa_Dan
1Elliot
Jae1411
mefromhere
gaffer85
Peter
jeffvilla
UnclePanda
Army villain
Con
Boldfinger
Trotters
De Kuip
VTID85
avfc forever
NARLA24
4BetLite
ember
gdav
Rawlie
DaveAV1
Fpuppys
Synopsis
andrew24561
Barabass
49 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 40 Empty Re: The Steve Bruce thread

Post by Boldfinger Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:38 am

jimbop wrote:we did have 19 chances, bruce isn't on the pitch missing those chances
No but he's the one that plays 1 up front at home ffs even against 10 men. The Steve Bruce thread - Page 40 1327487109
Boldfinger

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 40 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:59 am

No plan or tactics In The 2nd half. He is responsible for that.

Thor at left wing. He's responsible for that.

Throwing on Kodjia before he is ready to be back. He's responsible for that.

Making 2 changes at half-time leaving us fucked out of luck to change things when it wasn't working in the 2nd half. He's responsible for that.

Throwing another player under the bus to take the blame. He's responsible for that.

2 games in a week. 180 minutes of football, 60 against 10 men, and only 7 shots on target. "Tactics"
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 40 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:10 am

I'm staggered tbh! Totally lost belief that this team will turn the corner now as things stand. If we do not get promoted this season i agree with some of the posts above that we'll be down for a good while as many of our better players will be either cherry picked by Premier League teams or retire.

What is it with our left hand side too?!
Grealish (Injured long term)
Green (Injured long term)
Amavi (Sold)
Thor (Crap)
Taylor (Poor going forward)

This is a major issue now surely?
The Utterer
The Utterer

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 40 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by bruka Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:24 am

Villa_Dan wrote:No plan or tactics In The 2nd half. He is responsible for that.

Thor at left wing. He's responsible for that.

Throwing on Kodjia before he is ready to be back. He's responsible for that.

Making 2 changes at half-time leaving us fucked out of luck to change things when it wasn't working in the 2nd half. He's responsible for that.

Throwing another player under the bus to take the blame. He's responsible for that.

2 games in a week. 180 minutes of football, 60 against 10 men, and only 7 shots on target. "Tactics"

This is the worst part, how can he expect any of those players to have any respect for him after publically trying to blame them for a loss ? In the dressing room ? absolutely - tear into him. In public you defend your player. Its not the first time he has singled out a player to blame a loss on. He's got to have lost the dressing room now.
bruka

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 40 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:46 am

An absolute disgrace that he hasn't been sacked, starting to think Wyness is more bothered about his pal, than he is Aston Villa, club's being set back years, by those running it at the moment, Xia needs to wake up and do something about it all.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:28 pm

jimbop wrote:we did have 19 chances, bruce isn't on the pitch missing those chances

What about two wins in the last thirteen? 29 points in 34 games in 2017? Spent 25m in two windows, has had a pre-season and currently has the team in 18th spot and ten points behind the leaders who've spent nowhere near what we have!!!...what about that?
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 40 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by Army villain Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:18 pm

It's not just Bruce, I think the board has let the fans down, Bruce should have gone last season. Poor performance the team has no respect for him , he bought in some old players in to keep the dressing room on his side. How many have the players

It's not just Bruce, the board have let down the villa. Bruce should have gone last season.poor performance, bad tactics.the players have no respect, no players have told the media that Bruce will get it right! And it was there fault that they lost the game.we have some of the best players in the championship and the worst manager so it's time for him to go, and the owner needs to act. Rant over. UTV
Army villain
Army villain

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:29 pm

People are going to start losing faith in Xia.

What's the point in giving him the Barnsley game, even if we win all that will do is start the cycle again whereby he gets a result, it saves him his job, after which we go on another bad run until he's supposedly under pressure, then he scrapes another result which yet again buys him more time, and so it continues.

Things really are looking bleak at the moment.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:21 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:People are going to start losing faith in Xia.

What's the point in giving him the Barnsley game, even if we win all that will do is start the cycle again whereby he gets a result, it saves him his job, after which we go on another bad run until he's supposedly under pressure, then he scrapes another result which yet again buys him more time, and so it continues.

Things really are looking bleak at the moment.

Equally whats the rush ? - the new bloke wouldn't be in charge by Barnsley - and we can begin to do our homework on replacements now. The only reason to rush things is if Eddie Howe, Jovanic or other other top candidate suddenly became available.
By the the time we loose to Barnsley Wyness will probably have a good idea of who he wants and can get.
I just can't get excited to sack bruce and Bring in Moyes/Pardew
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:28 pm

To be honest after Ho and then Xia came onto twitter yesterday and requested that the fans back the players no matter how every one feels? I did not know that the fans had ever not got behind the team? The suggestion that the fans are the problem is risible to the extreme when the board persist with employing such an obviously incompetent manager?

Fans will always support the club and the team but this does not mean that the board and the management will get the same without first earning the respect of the fans!

There are very obvious problems with the performances and results on the pitch and there have been for a long while now and if Xia chooses to ignore this that's his prerogative. However he cannot expect the fans to be happy either!

The longer the current situation carries on the more fans Xia will lose! May be he doesn't care about that?

DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:30 pm

The Utterer wrote:I'm staggered tbh! Totally lost belief that this team will turn the corner now as things stand. If we do not get promoted this season i agree with some of the posts above that we'll be down for a good while as many of our better players will be either cherry picked by Premier League teams or retire.

What is it with our left hand side too?!
Grealish (Injured long term)
Green (Injured long term)
Amavi (Sold)
Thor (Crap)
Taylor (Poor going forward)

This is a major issue now surely?

Who plays on the left for the U23s now Green has gone? Did I see Corey Blackett-Taylor cutting in from the left to score against Southampton or was he playing centrally (which would be odd for a winger, like playing Adomah as a striker eh Bruce?)? I've liked the look of him for a while. He's screwed while Bruce is around if he sticks to the right wing. Who else do we have available?
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:35 pm

I'd seen enough by the end of last season to convince me that Bruce was unable to get anything more from the squad, I'd never wanted him in the first place. The facts are plain to see that nothing is changing for the better. Still can't score enough let alone win enough. Two transfer windows and a year later and we're exactly where we were under DiMatteo...........but the football is uglier. Other clubs seem able to find effective managers/coaches, clubs such as Huddersfield, Leeds, Boro, Burnley, Swansea, Brentford, Watford, Southampton........I could go on but you'll see my drift.
There doesn't seem to be any intelligence about us as a club, it just seems to be a mindset of we're bigger than you and it'll come right.............except it won't and hasn't in a long time, yet we keep repeating.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:45 pm

Xia has said more than once that this season is only results matter.

So his "bad luck" last night means sweet fuck all surely?
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:05 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:Xia has said more than once that this season is only results matter.

So his "bad luck" last night means sweet fuck all surely?

So draws must be OK in his eyes as he has not acted yet?
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:49 pm

So according to THIS article, Bruce doesn't sound confident about keeping his job!!.

Asked what vibes the powers that be have been giving off about his own future, Bruce said: “You’re going to have to ask them that. I don’t really know. I don’t ask that question, I just get on with my job.

“I feel as if we’re decent and we’re a good side in this division. Whether we’re given time…”

But wasn't he just with Wyness and Round on monday? Are Xia and Ho keeping them in the dark about potato head? Very Happy
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:07 pm

What's interesting is Xia's last tweet where he said "no matter how everyone feels", suggests he's fully aware that a large majority of the fans aren't happy and want to see a change. So what is he scared of? Why is he delaying this? That's what I can't understand.

-------

https://bellsareringing.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=2138
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40