The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The next Villa Manager

+48
WendyOz
worcesterkev
South London Villan
Dgrizzle7
achilles
Barabass
Boldfinger
villajk
thegaffer6
Gordonsleftboot
Peter
mefromhere
Con
big ming
Wookster
Army villain
CoE82
avfcjoe
DaveAV1
Fpuppys
jeffvilla
danclare82
gdav
Synopsis
shanghaivilla
VTID85
Saunders82
4BetLite
andrew24561
De Kuip
Villa Ranger
boltblaster
nickf21
Cha Ching
FoxyAV
Dions_Bald_Head
smetro
Dazzle
DelboyVilla
Terry Derry
The Utterer
deadbuzzardalive
Trotters
BillytheKid
Wriggle
AstonThriller
Villa_Dan
NARLA24
52 posters

Page 35 of 36 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

Go down

The next Villa Manager - Page 35 Empty Re: The next Villa Manager

Post by achilles Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:19 am

Don't have a problem with this appointment, ticks all the current boxes.

Lets get into the PL before thinking about a whole new scenario!
achilles
achilles

The next Villa Manager - Page 35 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:03 am

Give him the full backing and we will do ok. Welcome Brucey boy. Do your best and we will be happy. UTV
NARLA24
NARLA24

The next Villa Manager - Page 35 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:35 am

Bruce out. report The next Villa Manager - Page 35 1401410211 The next Villa Manager - Page 35 1558371468 The next Villa Manager - Page 35 1715320296

The next Villa Manager - Page 35 4025243045 Fishing

Back to top Go down

Post by andrew24561 Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:39 am

take it your not a fan of his then Joppe lad ? oh well drown your sorrows with a few more of our beers.
andrew24561
andrew24561

The next Villa Manager - Page 35 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:35 pm

Gentlemen lets have a little perspective on the "Brucie", YES he might not get us winning, YES we could slip further down the league than we are now, YES he might not get us promoted this year, YES he might not be the manager to take us to the pinnacle of Europe, YES he used to play & manage Sha, BUUUUUUTTTTTTT he will be working with a proactive RICH owner, he will have some of the best strikers in the league, he will have a chance to improve the team soon, he will have the best facilities in the league, AND if we all get behind him he will have the best supporters in ANY league right behind him, with all this "WHO KNOWS WHAT HE CAN DO" Lets give him a chance we might all be surprised remember how we were when Dr Tony first came in...Scarf Waving Scarf Waving The next Villa Manager - Page 35 3769219917 The next Villa Manager - Page 35 50815218
Saunders82
Saunders82

The next Villa Manager - Page 35 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:39 pm

Well said Ron.............

It would be wise to leave this thread open for at least 12 games though.
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:17 pm

4BetLite wrote:Well said Ron.............

It would be wise to leave this thread open for at least 12 games though.

That was going to be my next line lol! lol! lol! lol!
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:51 pm

I was really excited about the last 4 managers.
They were shit.
I'm pretty lukewarm about this one.
Let's hope the reverse outcome is the result.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by 1Elliot Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:57 pm

I have no opinion in the new man because his past is the past & I am concerned with the future & Mr. B seems to be qualified to get us up & in that basis I'm in.....****** please note if we lose to Wolves I have a Bruce Out banner but I'm not fickle... In all seriousness I am delighted with the appointment because we have a man that loves promotions :-)
1Elliot
1Elliot

The next Villa Manager - Page 35 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:45 am

Joppe84 wrote:Bruce out. report The next Villa Manager - Page 35 1401410211 The next Villa Manager - Page 35 1558371468 The next Villa Manager - Page 35 1715320296

have a day off

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:01 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:08 pm

jimbop wrote:
Joppe84 wrote:Bruce out. report The next Villa Manager - Page 35 1401410211 The next Villa Manager - Page 35 1558371468 The next Villa Manager - Page 35 1715320296

have a day off

I have. That was posted Wednesday

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:19 pm

Joppe84 wrote:
jimbop wrote:

have a day off

I have. That was posted Wednesday

lol

Back to top Go down

Post by gdav Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:08 pm

Do we have an assistant manager yet??
gdav
gdav

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:29 pm

Don't think so. Apparently Kevin MacDonald was training with the first team, today. I was sure that he'd left the club.
deadbuzzardalive

The next Villa Manager - Page 35 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Wookster Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:49 pm

Give him his due he walked when not given support

Left SHA when he realised they were being run by a crook

Left Hull when the owner threw his toys out over a renaming

Dr T is behind us and we can only hope is pushing us all the way
Wookster
Wookster

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:33 am

Dwight Yorke has played the race card. When asked why he couldn't even get an interview at Villa...

"Down to experience or colour? I think there's a bit of both. I genuinely think there's a bit both."

What. A. sugarbag.

Full article here:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/wannabe-manager-dwight-yorke-insists-9065479

Wannabe manager Dwight Yorke insists racism is stopping him even getting INTERVIEWS for jobs

22:30, 17 OCT 2016 BY JOHN CROSS

"You keep hitting a wall, keep constantly not getting anywhere" says ex-Man United star who has the coaching badges but cannot get his foot in the door.

Dwight Yorke claims black former players cannot even get interviews for managerial jobs.

Ex-Manchester United striker Yorke insists racism in football has stopped him and other retired stars breaking into management.

He says he has completed his coaching badges but is convinced his colour has played a part in stopping him from building a career in England.

The 44-year-old admits he was desperate for the recently-vacant job at Aston Villa, another of his former clubs, but says he could not even get an interview before Steve Bruce was appointed last week.

And in a sensational outburst, the ex-Trinidad and Tobago international claims that many other black former players have found the same problem.

Yorke, in an interview with beIN Sports, said: “I’m still looking to get in.

"I’ve done all the coaching badges at St George’s and the one thing I find very difficult, let alone get a job, is to even get an interview. I’m finding it very, very difficult at the moment.

“Yes, you are doing all your coaching, all your badges, but then when it comes to getting a job, you are not even getting an interview.

“It’s all about who you know as well, that has to play a role. Despite all my experience of being a player, I’ve never had the experience of being a manager which is a different concept from being a coach.”

When asked whether it was down to his lack of managerial experience or his colour, Yorke replied: “I think there’s a bit of both there. I genuinely think there’s a bit of both.

“It’s often been discussed, no-one has really taken it up, but I do have a tendency when I speak to everybody, certainly black players who are trying to break into managerial department are coming up against the same concept because of your race.

“You keep constantly hitting a wall, keep constantly not getting anywhere and even with all the noises that I’ve made, I’ve even tried to get in at Villa at this point. What I’m saying is that it would have been nice to just have your thoughts heard.

“OK, maybe you will never get a chance to be a manager but it would be nice to go in there, present yourself, get to know that person and [have them] say, ‘OK, Dwight, we like your concept, but you’re not experienced enough. Go away and do this or do that.'"

Yorke’s only coaching role has come with Trinidad and Tobago, but he has had no success with breaking into management.

There are no black managers in the Premier League.

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink and Chris Hughton are two high-profile examples in the Championship, but generally there has been an issue within English football which has seen a lack of black managers coming through and Yorke’s remarks may be a wake-up call.

It may reignite calls for a version of the Rooney Rule used in American football in the US, which requires NFL teams to always interview a racial minority candidate when they have head coaching and senior football operations vacancies.
Trotters
Trotters

The next Villa Manager - Page 35 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:58 am

Ok being controversial here, but every time someone of colour does not get the job then it seems the race card is pulled!! Harsh you may say.
Being we are owned by Dr Xia, have a multi-coloured team with many nationality's in it, I am sure on the application form will not include colour but WILL include experience the right qualifications and the right fit for the team.
I am sick and tired of people that have not got the job automatically bring up the colour card. We are one world with a multitude of races religions and orientations. Mr York you did not get the job deal with it. The next time I apply for a job and fail to get it I will not be saying is it because I is white. The next Villa Manager - Page 35 1715320296
I am sorry if this has offended everyone but I am a great believer that EVERYONE is equal in this world.
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:28 am

jeffvilla wrote:Ok being controversial here, but every time someone of colour does not get the job then it seems the race card is pulled!! Harsh you may say.  
Being we are owned by Dr Xia, have a multi-coloured team with many   nationality's in it, I am sure on the application form will not include colour but WILL include experience the right qualifications and the right fit for the team.
I am sick and tired of people that have not got the job automatically bring up the colour card. We are one world with a multitude  of races religions and orientations. Mr York you did not get the job deal with it. The next time I apply for a job and fail to get it I will not be saying is it because I is white. The next Villa Manager - Page 35 1715320296    
I am sorry if this has offended everyone but I am a great believer that EVERYONE is equal in this world.  

The next Villa Manager - Page 35 4025243045
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:43 am

Why can't he try and start as assistant mngr in lower league or even non-league football?

He jumps up and down because one of the biggest clubs in England in their time of need went for a manager vastly experienced at this level rather than a total newbie and he assumes that ALL clubs are turning him down due to his colour.

Twaaaaat
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:47 am

Trotters wrote:Why can't he try and start as assistant mngr in lower league or even non-league football?

He jumps up and down because one of the biggest clubs in England in their time of need went for a manager vastly experienced at this level rather than a total newbie and he assumes that ALL clubs are turning him down due to his colour.

Twaaaaat

Does he actually want a managers a job ? - or does he just want to write a few articles every time a vacancy appears.

A good career - but not good enough to walk into one of the big clubs completely untested.
smetro
smetro

The next Villa Manager - Page 35 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:08 am

From a recent article.....

Harvey speaks out about not getting a fair chance at being a son to his Dad:

"I'm not sure of the reasons, I have my suspicions, and I know my experience in having contact with my Dad is limited, but I'd have to say it might be down to experience, or it may be a colour thing, I just don't know"

"I've got all my kid badges - 50 metres swimming badge, cub scout membership and I've got 173 Pokemon, but I keep hitting a wall - I'm not even getting an interview with him" complained the 14 year old.

"Okay, maybe he doesn't want to know me due to his arrogance and total lack of parental responsibility, added to the fact that he's a prize sugarbag, but it would still be nice to think I'd at least get a foot in the door of his Ferrari, and be considered as his offspring - even on a part time basis, or maybe some kind of payment by results system."

"The other worrying thing is that I'm approaching retirement as a kid, and so I'd like to think that I get one last chance to get a top kid role. Having played in the Premiership for so many years, Dwight was lucky enough to experience level playing fields on a weekly basis, but I don't get to enjoy that. Yes, I think there's something a bit sinister behind this, and I know it's controversial, but I can't help thinking it might be a race issue".

We asked Harvey's mother - Katie Price - for a comment, but her agent informed us that she never speaks with her mouth full.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:48 am

De Kuip wrote:From a recent article.....

Harvey speaks out about not getting a fair chance at being a son to his Dad:

"I'm not sure of the reasons, I have my suspicions, and I know my experience in having contact with my Dad is limited, but I'd have to say it might be down to experience, or it may be a colour thing, I just don't know"

"I've got all my kid badges - 50 metres swimming badge, cub scout membership and I've got 173 Pokemon, but I keep hitting a wall - I'm not even getting an interview with him" complained the 14 year old.

"Okay, maybe he doesn't want to know me due to his arrogance and total lack of parental responsibility, added to the fact that he's a prize sugarbag, but it would still be nice to think I'd at least get a foot in the door of his Ferrari, and be considered as his offspring - even on a part time basis, or maybe some kind of payment by results system."

"The other worrying thing is that I'm approaching retirement as a kid, and so I'd like to think that I get one last chance to get a top kid role. Having played in the Premiership for so many years, Dwight was lucky enough to experience level playing fields on a weekly basis, but I don't get to enjoy that. Yes, I think there's something a bit sinister behind this, and I know it's controversial, but I can't help thinking it might be a race issue".

We asked Harvey's mother - Katie Price - for a comment, but her agent informed us that she never speaks with her mouth full.
Now that is class. The next Villa Manager - Page 35 4025243045
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:01 am

Brilliant.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:56 am

Nice one DK The next Villa Manager - Page 35 1f600

The very fact that the idiot (and I loved him as a player, till.........) thinks he could manage any club let alone this institution, is proof enough that he should never be considered.

The whole football system/industry is on the verge of imploding and needs a big man, a genuine man of integrity and morals, to take the whole thing by the scruff of its neck and sort it out. agents, corruption, racism(genuine, not bullshit), finances etc etc It needs stripping back, every stone turned over and a lot more class introduced to the whole thing.

FFS where did that come from, only meant to say nice one DK.
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 36 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36  Next