The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Manager: Roberto's own thread

+44
big ming
Dions_Bald_Head
Thinman
mefromhere
Saunders82
CoE82
Dazzle
Synopsis
UnclePanda
Aston Phila
Con
TheVillansOfAston
Terry Derry
danclare82
AstonThriller
Army villain
Villa_Dan
DelboyVilla
VTID85
FoxyAV
andrew24561
BillytheKid
VillaBill
deadbuzzardalive
KMitch
avfc85
Fpuppys
avfc forever
NARLA24
Dgrizzle7
Villa Ranger
Boldfinger
Cha Ching
Wriggle
1Elliot
The Utterer
DaveAV1
jeffvilla
4BetLite
Trotters
Mr_Spadge
Lammypaul
De Kuip
smetro
48 posters

Page 5 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next

Go down

Should he stay or should he go?

Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap83%Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 83% 
[ 20 ]
Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap8%Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 8% 
[ 2 ]
Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap0%Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap0%Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap8%Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 8% 
[ 2 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 24

Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Manager: Roberto's own thread

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:18 pm

I wouldn't even be that surprised if he was gone before Ipswitch. Round is going to have a big say on manager recruitment, and I'm sure as part of his job he'll have a list of possible replacements.
deadbuzzardalive

Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 5 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:23 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:I wouldn't even be that surprised if he was gone before Ipswitch. Round is going to have a big say on manager recruitment, and I'm sure as part of his job he'll have a list of possible replacements.
Agreed mate 100%. Success is what is wanted by Xia and he will pull the trigger, no doubt. But i will go so far as the Ipswich game.Edit....I think Xia will give it 10 games and then sort things out personally.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 5 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:25 pm

NARLA24 wrote:
Villa_Dan wrote:Sack him tomorrow and get Potato Head in. RDM is a bottle job. Goes all Sherwood when we need a goal and shits it when we are winning
Bruce mate.....are you sure Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 5 2900886825 Ps...The question mark thingy is broken on my laptop...bastard thing.

He'd send them out with a plan. That's more than Bertie Bassett is doing
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:28 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:
NARLA24 wrote:
Villa_Dan wrote:Sack him tomorrow and get Potato Head in. RDM is a bottle job. Goes all Sherwood when we need a goal and shits it when we are winning
Bruce mate.....are you sure Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 5 2900886825 Ps...The question mark thingy is broken on my laptop...bastard thing.

Agreed mate. I think 2 more games to be honest and if we do not win there will be changes, definately.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:41 pm

NARLA24 wrote:
Villa_Dan wrote:
NARLA24 wrote:

Agreed mate. I think 2 more games to be honest and if we do not win there will be changes, definately.

Agreed. 1 point against Ipswich then Newcastle wallop us
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:42 pm

Logic suggests they'll go for Bruce should a change be needed. Flores, Wagner or Jokanovic wouldn't be bad either tbh.

Disappointed with RDM but it's not over for him yet...just needs to put a run together to calm the situation down. It's all in his hands now.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 5 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:44 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:

Tbf he hasn't had the services of Tish and Adomah over these last few games so who knows what sort of impact they could have in those games? I think they'd give the side much better balance.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:47 pm

AstonThriller wrote:
Villa_Dan wrote:

Tbf he hasn't had the services of Tish and Adomah over these last few games so who knows what sort of impact they could have in those games? I think they'd give the side much better balance.
True but they need to hit the ground running fella.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:51 pm

If they don't RDM better be running!
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:59 pm

Ws dead set against his appointment in the summer, so he always had to win me over...obviously he hasn't. I think he might get a while longer - I think wolves at home will be a cruncher.

Main thing tonight is how knackered the players looked after 60 minutes. Gestede had to go off he was that knackered. I thought these guys trained hard 4 hours a day ...obviously not.

Can we stop f***n about with these namby pamby puffy manager, wever tried it Houllier, Garde, and now Di Matteo - its been a total failure every time. I said RDM was to much like Garde.

One crumb of comfort is that I believe we have brought well this summer. appoint a manager with some balls and we could still do well. Steve Bruce would do for me.

Can we sack a manager after 7 games ? - on the one hand that wouldn't be fair - on thje other what will another 7 tell us ? - Id be very surprised if RDM turned this around - I don't think he has the stomach for it...
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:02 pm

AstonThriller wrote:
Villa_Dan wrote:

We play 2 games a week - the chances of him ever choosing from a full squad again are slim. Plus Tish has previous for missing large parts of the season due to injury. I m sure sure Rowett and Huddersfield have injuries - we need a manager who can cope with such situations.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:06 pm

smetro wrote:Ws dead set against his appointment in the summer, so he always had to win me over...obviously he hasn't. I think he might get a while longer - I think wolves at home will be a cruncher.

Main thing tonight is how knackered the players looked after 60 minutes. Gestede had to go off he was that knackered. I thought these guys trained hard 4 hours a day ...obviously not.

Can we stop f***n about with these namby pamby puffy manager, wever tried it Houllier, Garde, and now Di Matteo - its been a total failure every time. I said RDM was to much like Garde.

One crumb of comfort is that I believe we have brought well this summer. appoint a manager with some balls and we could still do well. Steve Bruce would do for me.

Can we sack a manager after 7 games ? - on the one hand that wouldn't be fair - on thje other what will another 7 tell us ? - Id be very surprised if RDM turned this around - I don't think he has the stomach for it...
Agreed mate but do we give him say half a season. Xia has done what Matteo wanted. Do we have to wait for things to click or are things never going to click. Stuck in a quandry to be honest.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by Wriggle Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:08 pm

The problem is centre midfield, when either Jedinak or Tshibola are injured we have nothing to replace them. And as we know they have both been injured and Tshibola certainly looks injury prone.

This means Westwood is our first cover and has started every game and when a team comes calling he doesn't have he answers to do anything about it. He's a neat passer that can keep a ball moving but offers nothing else, far too light weight to offer any resistance when the pressure is on so when teams come at us in the final minutes he offers little resistance and we are basically defending with 1 man less in a key position.

I said at the start of the season (and many times last season) as long as Westwood starts games we will struggle to win games.
Wriggle
Wriggle

Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 5 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:10 pm

NARLA24 wrote:
smetro wrote:Ws dead set against his appointment in the summer, so he always had to win me over...obviously he hasn't. I think he might get a while longer - I think wolves at home will be a cruncher.

Agreed mate but do we give him say half a season. Xia has done what Matteo wanted. Do we have to wait for things to click or are things never going to click. Stuck in a quandry to be honest.

If he had a track record of building teams from the ground up I would give more time. But in fact he has the opposite sort of record. Any success he has haid has been when the team was there before he arrived. Hes a rookie at building teams from scratch - like Remi Garde was a rookie in relegation battles. I certainly wouldn't give him half a season - another six games of which he must win 3 IMO.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:10 pm

You never wanted RDM but you did want Pearson though.... Very Happy

Tbh if RDM fails I really don't know where we go from here. Bruce seems like the obvious choice but Round is the man who would be making the decision by all accounts so no-one knows what he'll be thinking.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:11 pm

He's got until October 1st. Said that before the game and I stand by it.

But I'm betting he will be sacked Monday after newcNewcastle
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:14 pm

Wriggle wrote:The problem is centre midfield, when either Jedinak or Tshibola are injured we have nothing to replace them. And as we know they have both been injured and Tshibola certainly looks injury prone.

This means Westwood is our first cover and has started every game and when a team comes calling he doesn't have he answers to do anything about it. He's a neat passer that can keep a ball moving but offers nothing else, far too light weight to offer any resistance when the pressure is on so when teams come at us in the final minutes he offers little resistance and we are basically defending with 1 man less in a key position.

I said at the start of the season (and many times last season) as long as Westwood starts games we will struggle to win games.

Problem with that is RDM arrived early, has been given massive funds - yet if what you say is correct he has left a gaping hole in the team ?

Either way there should no excuse for the the fatigue kicked in after 60 minutes tonight. Also some of the first touches were diabolical - what on earth are they up to in training.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:21 pm

AstonThriller wrote:

You never wanted RDM but you did want Pearson though.... Very Happy

Tbh if RDM fails I really don't know where we go from here. Bruce seems like the obvious choice but Round is the man who would be making the decision by all accounts so no-one knows what he'll be thinking.

Yep - I did wan't Pearson over RDM. If he could do what he did at Leicester I would take that. Sure you could say ah but RDM did it at WBA - but that was on the whole with an existing squad. Where as Pearson built the Leicester team. - All gone now.
I think we should go for a british no nonsense manager - Bruce is terribly uninspiring, be he is a good ship steadier. An outsider for me would be the geezer from Barnsley. - not that I think it would be the right move - but I could see it happening.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Wriggle Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:23 pm

Yes Smetro, you can only blame RDM for this shortfall, whether he liked what he saw in Westwood and Gardner and thought they would be ample enough though? They must have been great in pre season if that's the case.

My biggest concern though is that I don't think I've seen any balance to the team yet and every time I look at the team sheet I'm left wondering wtf the formation is? Take today, we line up with Ayew, McCormack, Gestede and Kodjia... That's for strikers and leaves just Jedi and Westwood in midfield. Explain the balance I that team, because none of the four strikers are wide men or in the least bit defensive, at most you could play 3 of them, but then you need 3 good midfielders behind them.

Throw Grealish into those 4 and it gets even more unbalanced unless we go back to a 4-4-2 with Grealish and Adomah playing wide and just 2 of those 4 up front, which for me would be Kodjia and McCormack at the minute. That gives us some balance...most just hope players get and stay fit!
Wriggle
Wriggle

Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 5 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:26 pm

Wriggle wrote:Yes Smetro, you can only blame RDM for this shortfall, whether he liked what he saw in Westwood and Gardner and thought they would be ample enough though? They must have been great in pre season if that's the case.

My biggest concern though is that I don't think I've seen any balance to the team yet and every time I look at the team sheet I'm left wondering wtf the formation is? Take today, we line up with Ayew, McCormack, Gestede and Kodjia... That's for strikers and leaves just Jedi and Westwood in midfield. Explain the balance I that team, because none of the four strikers are wide men or in the least bit defensive, at most you could play 3 of them, but then you need 3 good midfielders behind them.

Throw Grealish into those 4 and it gets even more unbalanced unless we go back to a 4-4-2 with Grealish and Adomah playing wide and just 2 of those 4 up front, which for me would be Kodjia and McCormack at the minute. That gives us some balance...most just hope players get and stay fit!

Look at the goal - a big punt downfield - and a moment of brilliance from Kodja. But little else came through team play. Individual runs from Ayew and Kodja were our only intermittent threat.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:34 pm

Have to say for a manager who got promoted from this league, a manager who has been in charge of some decent clubs and a manager who won the CL, he's a fucking awful tactician.

There's a massive amount of arrogance in playing 4 strikers.
"We're Aston Villa, we'll score when we want".

Well, yes, we ARE Aston Villa. And with the baggage that comes with right now, you can't be arrogant. Or stupid. And 4-2-4 is stupid.

I was wondering if the downside of RDM getting fired would be a bit of player mutiny (yet again!) and we're not just back to square one but a million miles from it.

But the players can't be happy can they? The defence must be pissed off at having no shield in front of them, the midfielders must be pissed off that their sta are being taken by strikers and the strikers....well, I'm sure they're happy with getting a run but can't be happy with the results.

Trotters
Trotters

Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 5 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:35 pm

Someone at VP tonight said he could see Pulis coming in. We both agreed he's a bloody awful bloke who plays terrible football, but he might get us up.

Wouldn't inspire me, but he is effective. As long as Tony gives him funds to buy a load of 6' 6" centre halves we could have the two Tonys show.
DaveAV1

Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 5 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:40 pm

The problem is we haven't got any more midfielders to play. Joppe in particular has banging this drum all season and I agree. Good Championship sides, which Brentford are my the way, 5th last season, pack the midfield.
DaveAV1

Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 5 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:43 pm

Trotters wrote:Have to say for a manager who got promoted from this league, a manager who has been in charge of some decent clubs and a manager who won the CL, he's a fucking awful tactician.

There's a massive amount of arrogance in playing 4 strikers.
"We're Aston Villa, we'll score when we want".

Well, yes, we ARE Aston Villa. And with the baggage that comes with right now, you can't be arrogant. Or stupid. And 4-2-4 is stupid.

I was wondering if the downside of RDM getting fired would be a bit of player mutiny (yet again!) and we're not just back to square one but a million miles from it.

But the players can't be happy can they? The defence must be pissed off at having no shield in front of them, the midfielders must be pissed off that their sta are being taken by strikers and the strikers....well, I'm sure they're happy with getting a run but can't be happy with the results.  

At the risk of repeating myself, any results he has are where he takes over an existing team. It was never an option for us to go with last seasons squad - so we needed someone who had previous of walking into a shit storm , starting over, and sorting it out. RDM has zero experience of that.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:43 pm

Could Richards do a job in midfeld?
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down