The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Manager: Roberto's own thread

+44
big ming
Dions_Bald_Head
Thinman
mefromhere
Saunders82
CoE82
Dazzle
Synopsis
UnclePanda
Aston Phila
Con
TheVillansOfAston
Terry Derry
danclare82
AstonThriller
Army villain
Villa_Dan
DelboyVilla
VTID85
FoxyAV
andrew24561
BillytheKid
VillaBill
deadbuzzardalive
KMitch
avfc85
Fpuppys
avfc forever
NARLA24
Dgrizzle7
Villa Ranger
Boldfinger
Cha Ching
Wriggle
1Elliot
The Utterer
DaveAV1
jeffvilla
4BetLite
Trotters
Mr_Spadge
Lammypaul
De Kuip
smetro
48 posters

Page 6 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next

Go down

Should he stay or should he go?

Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 6 I_vote_lcap83%Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 83% 
[ 20 ]
Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 6 I_vote_lcap8%Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 8% 
[ 2 ]
Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 6 I_vote_lcap0%Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 6 I_vote_lcap0%Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 6 I_vote_lcap8%Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 8% 
[ 2 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 24

Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Manager: Roberto's own thread

Post by smetro Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:52 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:Could Richards do a job in midfeld?

To be honest at this level, we should be able to put someone in there. For all his faults Gardner has 2 season experience in midfield at this division. Lyden is a promising youngster. A lot of clubs are fielding youngsters and free transfers in there midfield. I quite like the look of Tishbola - but I honestly don't think his inclusion would have got us 3 points tonight. IMO its either...

1.)The Team is taking time to bed in

or

2.) RDM hasn't got what it takes to mould and prepare these group of players into a decent team.

No 2 is significantly more likley IMO.

smetro
smetro

Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 6 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:54 pm

I've asked just the same in the past. But he's got a whiff of headless chicken about him but as long as we have injury issues, players like Gardner and "but look at the statistics Westwood" then it's maybe worth considering.

But RDM has to first understand the concept of what a midfield actually does and I'm not sure he gets this. It's bizarre.

I'm now wondering if offloading Veretout and Sanchez was a bad idea. Veretout was unsettled but surely he'd settle if the results were right.

It's all such a fucking mess at the moment.
Trotters
Trotters

Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 6 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:56 pm

Trotters wrote:I've asked just the same in the past. But he's got a whiff of headless chicken about him but as long as we have injury issues, players like Gardner and "but look at the statistics Westwood" then it's maybe worth considering.

But RDM has to first understand the concept of what a midfield actually does and I'm not sure he gets this. It's bizarre.

I'm now wondering if offloading Veretout and Sanchez was a bad idea. Veretout was unsettled but surely he'd settle if the results were right.

It's all such a fucking mess at the moment.

come on - I know things are bad - but calling for the return of Veretout ? - jesus wept....
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:02 am

He's better than fresh air which is all we have in midfield at the moment. And is there anyone that thinks that had we thrown Sanchez on after Gestede's goal last weekend that we'd have lost?

It seems to me that RDM doesn't trust the reserve midfielders that he has available so would rather just use 2 rather than the tradional 4 (or even 3). That's just bananas.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Wriggle Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:08 am

I've always preferred Sanchez to Westwood, yes he gives the odd ball away but at least he can tackle well, and certainly think he would have been a great option coming off the bench when we are shoring things up.
Wriggle
Wriggle

Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 6 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Cha Ching Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:47 am

I was looking at DiMatteo lamenting that errors have led to us dropping points late on in matches and it led me to wonder how come we never seem to benefit from opposition errors if that was the case. I mean these things balance out over a season.

The answer is obvious to me. We are not taking the game to the opposition so we don't create chances. I'd love to see a chances created and conceded table after 80 minutes for our games. It would show Roberto what he needs to change.
Cha Ching
Cha Ching

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:11 am

I  was at the match and I could not believe the change from the first half and the second. I agree that the ginger did run the midfield, this was only because he went for EVERY ball near him. We always lost the second ball when it was played out, they wanted the ball more !!. I feel that if we fight for EVERY ball and make it difficult for opposition's player to settle we will  get the bloody ball back.
I still feel that we lack passion and the tactics  in the second half were shocking, no major attempts at goal defend defend defend.  We need to  take the sword to the other teams not get one goal and hope for the best, we need passion fight and commitment to get our might Villa back to where we should be. Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 6 1715320296 Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 6 1715320296
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 6 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Synopsis Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:57 am

I don't think RDM will be under any real pressure from DrX at the moment, they said before the season started there aim was to get back to prem as soon as possible within the next couple of seasons so I expect he will be fine up to about Christmas, if we aren't mid table by then I could perhaps see something happening.

Tony himself said the squad was in a much worse state than they were lead to believe and the people around him will surely have let him know what a task it would be which is why he has spent what he has in my opinion.

I wouldn't worry too much about FFP, there is very little incentive to keep from breaking the rules truth be told and I am sure with as many companies as there appears in the Recon Group that there are plenty of sponsorship deals that can be arranged to circumvent them if it is needed.
Synopsis
Synopsis

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:34 pm

The club may well have been in a worse state than they imagined but, on the pitch at least, no stone was left unturned and no cheque was left unwritten to fix this.

I'm pretty sure we have a squad that's at least a top 6 finisher. And maybe we'll get there; win at Ipswich and turn the Toon over and the season suddenly looks very different indeed.

I just don't see that happening. I don't see any week in week improvement. The "gelling" ain't happening and can't happen if he's playing people out of position and just being completely random about things.

He'll be feeling the pressure for this weekend that's fo sho. There are 4 groups that can lose faith in the manager:

- the fans: we're already seeing signs.
- the players: interesting that he came out VERY early after half time against Brentford and left the players to it.
- the media: will largely go with the feeling of the crowd but the more intelligent journos will offer something to think about.
- the board: the be all, end all.

A loss against Ipswich (especially in the last 10 mins) and I can see things turning against him from all over.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:25 pm

RDM wrote:
"I don’t think we can play with six strikers. We need to find the right players for the right games and try to win."

Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 6 Image
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:48 pm

Trotters wrote:
RDM wrote:
"I don’t think we can play with six strikers. We need to find the right players for the right games and try to win."

lol. its also true when he says that he hasn't had that long with ALL the players so admits he's trying to find a balance. better than saying "look, we go again"

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:32 pm

Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 6 Img_2013

That close enough for ya? Laughing
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:12 pm

Another nail hammered in. 2 games left Bertie
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:51 pm

I really would do the deed now. Really what is more games going to show us ?
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:55 pm

jimbop wrote:
Trotters wrote:
RDM wrote:

lol. its also true when he says that he hasn't had that long with ALL the players so admits he's trying to find a balance.  better than saying "look, we go again"

My you're easily pleased !

Its when not if - I really don't see the sense hanging about.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:56 pm

I'm dreading the game against the noses now.

As for RDM,. I agree Dan. He might get away with losing to Newcastle next round - although you have to look at our last result against them and ask why, when their chairman has effectively asset-stripped them while ours broke the bank. After that though, I don't think he'll have any place to hide when Tony comes calling.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:29 am

I am willing to give Roberto more time but it is getting slightly frustrating because he is not seeing what is so obvious, we were overloading our attack instead of creating a balanced team, our formation isnt working - fed up of playing Grealish and Ayew as inside forwards as they never go wide just always come in so easy to read for opposition. The fact that we still continue with Westwood I would rather play Lyden over him and get Green back.
avfc85
avfc85

Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 6 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:49 am

Green looked to be our best option on the right. Very tidy, very composed. I was genuinely excited for the lad this season. But he's obviously been overlooked.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:31 am

Trotters wrote:Green looked to be our best option on the right. Very tidy, very composed. I was genuinely excited for the lad this season. But he's obviously been overlooked.

All the youth players are being overlooked so it seems?
DelboyVilla

Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 6 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:08 pm

I believe if we're not totally sunk into the relegation places within the next four or five games then he deserves a run until Xmas and then we can assess things. The question I have in my mind is how many managers have we had over the years who have started poor and then made us decent? Houllier was in a relegation battle for much of his season and then we ended up finishing ninth.

In Dol's first season we started off crap and then with the signing of Nobby we just flew up the table and almost got top four. We just have to wait and see what RDM is made of over these next run of games. To be fair we should have won all of our home games so it's not all going west, he just needs a little luck.

Last edited by AstonThriller on Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 6 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:41 pm

This is what I hate more than anything in modern football. The demand of instant results. Just ridiculous even debating sacking RDM.

We had the same problems with Sherwood, and quite simply you need a lot of time to settle down a new group of players.

Even Man Utd with their billion quid purchases aren't debating sacking Mourinho despite being shite.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:00 pm

Oh they are! I've seen more than a few comments on social media calling for his head.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:55 pm

Was just thinking about how the other new managers are doing and it's quite interesting..

Jaap Stam at Reading = 4 wins, 2 draws and 2 defeats = 8th position

Walter Zenga at Wolves = 3 wins, 3 draws and 2 defeats= 10th position

Philippe Montanier at Forest= 3 wins, 2 draws and 3 defeats= 13th position

Gary Monk at Leeds= 3 wins, 1 draw and 4 defeats= 15th position

Roberto Di-Matteo at Villa= 1 win, 5 draws and 2 defeats= 18th position

Nigel Pearson at Derby= 1 win, 3 draws and 4 defeats= 20th position

Alan Stubbs at Rotherham
= 1 win, 2 draws and 4 defeats= 21st position

Paul Trollope at Cardiff= 1 win, 2 draws and 5 defeats= 23rd position

Owen Coyle at Blackburn= 1 win, 2 draws and 5 defeats= last position

So none of the managers appointed in the summer are in the play-off positions currently. Granted none of them has spent as much as RDM but as Huddersfield are showing having a settled, well drilled side can be very effective too. I wonder if it's a coincidence that all of the top seven teams had their managers in place from last season? Who knows.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 6 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:34 am

I think your posts are very good AT, but if you fancy comparing things.. I'd compare how teams do after replacing such a big part of their playing squad as we've done. Like PDC with Sunderland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next