The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Manager: Roberto's own thread

+44
big ming
Dions_Bald_Head
Thinman
mefromhere
Saunders82
CoE82
Dazzle
Synopsis
UnclePanda
Aston Phila
Con
TheVillansOfAston
Terry Derry
danclare82
AstonThriller
Army villain
Villa_Dan
DelboyVilla
VTID85
FoxyAV
andrew24561
BillytheKid
VillaBill
deadbuzzardalive
KMitch
avfc85
Fpuppys
avfc forever
NARLA24
Dgrizzle7
Villa Ranger
Boldfinger
Cha Ching
Wriggle
1Elliot
The Utterer
DaveAV1
jeffvilla
4BetLite
Trotters
Mr_Spadge
Lammypaul
De Kuip
smetro
48 posters

Page 10 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next

Go down

Should he stay or should he go?

Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 10 I_vote_lcap83%Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 10 I_vote_rcap 83% 
[ 20 ]
Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 10 I_vote_lcap8%Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 10 I_vote_rcap 8% 
[ 2 ]
Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 10 I_vote_lcap0%Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 10 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 10 I_vote_lcap0%Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 10 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 10 I_vote_lcap8%Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 10 I_vote_rcap 8% 
[ 2 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 24

Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Manager: Roberto's own thread

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:34 pm

CoE82 wrote:
NARLA24 wrote:Pearson suspended by Derby

Probably told the players a few home truth's, you look at that derby team and like us should be doing a lot better.

Not according to the Telegraph - in a meeting with the chairman over how a Derby team which has finised 3rd, 8th and 5th is currently bottom 3 relegation material, Pearson got "heated" hence being suspended.

He's a shit manager living off achievements at Leicester
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 10 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by CoE82 Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:42 pm

a bit like the prick managing us, another draw, about time our chairman pulled the trigger.
CoE82
CoE82

Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 10 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:45 pm

Over to you Tony ?
Sit on your hands and hope for the best ? - or make the change.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:47 pm

I said 10 games. I'm now fully on the Bertie out bandwagon
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:51 pm

Should have shut up shop (again!!).
Invite RDM to manage the Ladies - more his level.
big ming

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:51 pm

Time for a change before it's too late. Can't keep going on like this, one win in eleven and the amount of leads we've thrown away is absolutely abysmal.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:51 pm

Can anyone see a way back for him ? - It would be some story if he turned this around.

I think the villa hierarchy must know they have to make a change - Do it now and we get to choose between Bruce and Allardyce - delay .....and well be paying compensation for some overseas tosspot in a few weeks...
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:56 pm

to give him the Preston game would cloud the issue. Lets go early for once - managers don't often turn things around like this - sure there fergie etc - but on the whole it doesn't happen. If youve got a dud you tend to know

And where are the one team we beat in the championship table ? - Rock Bottom - £60m to beat Rotherham !!!!!
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:00 pm

Can't see us going for Allardyce, think he'll be taking a break from the game. Actually don't think we'd go for Bruce either.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:07 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Can't see us going for Allardyce, think he'll be taking a break from the game. Actually don't think we'd go for Bruce either.

A lot depends on Wyness IMO. If Tony asks his opinion I reckon he would say 'Bruce is your man' - Round I feel wouldn't be so keen and may make the case for stability (the nightmare scenario for me)
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:30 pm

I think the club needs stability, but not at any cost. I'm sure the board will be very reluctant to make a change so early having spent so much money on players. Also we have a huge management team, Clark, Kevin Bond etc. Round has only just started and so any attempts to build a Villa style is very much in it's infancy.

Never the less they must be extremely concerned. For a few games we looked good but ran out of steam or didn't have the rub of the green. However recently we haven't played well at all. Ok we had a storming last 20 mins on Saturday, but really the game should have been over at half time. As this run goes on I now have little confidence that RDM can put together a team that can get is where we want to be.
DaveAV1

Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 10 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:32 pm

Trotters wrote:
Boldfinger wrote:
Trotters wrote:How much longer do we keep saying we should win the next X games before the reality of our situation kicks in?

For the life of me I cannot see a brilliant run to promotion kicking in. Midtable is something I can see us fighting for.

But...If we lose the next two games then, yes, we are definitely relegation candidates in my book.

firstly what utter garbage and secondly i cant believe someone ticked the like button - fools.
we are a team in the making and some really good football has been played at times. results will come and we will batter most teams .
patience is needed and stay calm.!

Boldfinger, in the "Our next 7 games" thread (or whatever it's called, this was your prediction:

Boldfinger wrote:im going for 18 - 21 (start to gel)

there's blood on the dance floor!!!!! here we come

Even if we win away for the first time in over a year and even if we string a run of 3 wins in a row together (how long has it been since THAT has happened), we'll still be 5 points shy of your minimum guess. So you have to admit it's been extremely disappointing.

If we do lose the next 2 - and that's as likely as not given our form - we're in trouble. As we saw last season, developing a frail mentality is easy and having teams completely disrespect us has been the norm in a lot of games (at least in the 2nd half).

If RDM is going to be given time and his current for continues, we have problems. Big ones.

But as I said earlier, 2 good wins changes absolutely everything. But, sadly, I'm not confident.

All this "give him time" "we are playing good football" is crap, we are playing good from time to time but other times we look as if we don't train together, this squad is good enough to be winning games, that we can't is all down to the manager, yes we could give him time and it could all change but it could just as easily carry on being as it is. If we do carry on with RDM and it doesen't get better we will all be kicking ourselves for not doing something about it, last season Lerner did not give the manager the tools to do the job but the Doc has given RDM the tools to me he just doesent know how to use them. Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 10 1327487109 Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 10 1327487109 Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 10 1327487109
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:37 pm

Even if the squad is weak in central midfield, there is still more than enough talent there to win a lot more than 1 game in 10. With the attacking talent we have, we should be able to blow many teams away, if we play to the right style. And there lies the problem.
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:37 pm

Round has a unique perspective having worked alongside several managers so he should know what a decent manager looks like. And I agree that Big Sam won't be the one after the recent revelations. Bruce clearly would have to be considered and what about Oscar Garcia? doing great in Greece and was excellent at Brighton previously. Regardless though any new appointment is gonna be crucial. Get the right one then play-offs is still very much on, get the wrong one and it's a season of struggle and probably another managerial change at the end of the season. Knowing our luck right now it will be the latter.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Manager: Roberto's own thread - Page 10 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:39 pm

sorry Saunders, I virtually said what you'd already said!
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:40 pm

RDM 'S never been given time anywhere - I wonder why ?
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:44 pm

AstonThriller wrote:Round has a unique perspective having worked alongside several managers so he should know what a decent manager looks like. And I agree that Big Sam won't be the one after the recent revelations. Bruce clearly would have to be considered and what about Oscar Garcia? doing great in Greece and was excellent at Brighton previously. Regardless though any new appointment is gonna be crucial. Get the right one then play-offs is still very much on, get the wrong one and it's a season of struggle and probably another managerial change at the end of the season. Knowing our luck right now it will be the latter.

But Round has to work with any new manager. I couldn't see big sam or to a lesser extent Bruce working under Round. Thats why my dark horse is another 'coach' style appointment - ie Paul Heckinbottom. Not that I would support such a move. Stop farting about with these namby pamby managers, and complex structures - appoint Allardyce or Bruce and let them get on with it - it really isn't difficult...
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:45 pm

If the goals hadn't all been conceded late on would you all be jumping like you are? Sure, it isn't great drawing so many but I would rather be taking a lead into the last 5 minutes than staring at a defeat and having to claw for the draw.

It's a confidence issue and when we get over it we'll be fine. You can't overlook the fact that if games ended at 85 minutes we'd be second. I know it's a case of "if if if" but he's got us playing physically well ... just need the mental game to go with it now
mefromhere
mefromhere

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:47 pm

As an aside, once we've conceded in the 90th minute then there's no time left on the sequence so we're guaranteed wins then :)
mefromhere
mefromhere

Back to top Go down

Post by CoE82 Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:49 pm

mefromhere wrote:If the goals hadn't all been conceded late on would you all be jumping like you are? Sure, it isn't great drawing so many but I would rather be taking a lead into the last 5 minutes than staring at a defeat and having to claw for the draw.

It's a confidence issue and when we get over it we'll be fine. You can't overlook the fact that if games ended at 85 minutes we'd be second. I know it's a case of "if if if" but he's got us playing physically well ... just need the mental game to go with it now

regardless if were leading or not, 7 draws out of 10 games and 1 win all season isnt good enough, if you watch the games we look like we haven't a scooby doo.

For me hes had long enough to show improvement and there isnt any, he has to go now before we are to far behind.
CoE82
CoE82

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:50 pm

Have we been playing well? Maybe for 20-30mins each game but not consistently
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:53 pm

Repeating the same mistake time after time and expecting a different outcome is the definition of something or other, but I can't remember what?
big ming

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:53 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:Have we been playing well? Maybe for 20-30mins each game but not consistently

If we're doing it for 20-30 minutes then that proves that physically we are capable. Mentality is what's holding us back.

The best signing we could ever make would be to get the best sports psychologist we can possibly get and get them in fast.
mefromhere
mefromhere

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:53 pm

I would have agreed a few games ago mefromhere, but I don't think we're playing particularly well now. Certainly not for 90 minutes. The way we concede late on is partly attributable to lack of confidence, but tactics can't be ignored. Plus if it's lack of confidence how do we break the cycle if we keep doing the same thing almost every week?
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:55 pm

It's the definition of madness big Ming
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content