The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

+60
Leafs1201
VillaSteve
big ming
Barton82
WendyOz
Dansvilla75
Heisenberg
BillytheKid
gdav
gaffer85
HarryAVFC
Thinman
Marco
UnclePanda
hawk190601
AstonThriller
Army villain
Trysullvilla
mefromhere
bruka
KMitch
lukevilla
Chrissylee1111
Cha Ching
nickf21
Saunders82
Dgrizzle7
Olof Mellberg
Wookster
Con
De Kuip
AVFClee
jeffvilla
Olofsbeard
FoxyAV
andrew24561
fastbackace
villajk
4BetLite
DelboyVilla
1Elliot
Andyh
avfcjoe
Sky
The Utterer
Synopsis
NARLA24
Dions_Bald_Head
simbrenn
achilles
ViewFromT2
Dazzle
smetro
Trotters
ember
South London Villan
Villa_Dan
DaveAV1
deadbuzzardalive
danclare82
64 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by AstonThriller Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:18 pm

Well where are we now with this situation?

1. The last report in the Takeover was in THIS article a couple of days ago which still maintains the notion that three bids are on the table.

2. Also at the Southampton game a fan had said Brian Little had openly told him that the takeover was "close".

3. Prior to that we had the Holis statement and of course King's comments in his interview.

It all points to one thing doesn't it? Look at other boards/Facebook/Twitter etc there's just no patience. Everyone expects to see details about it everyday and if there isn't any "the takeover is bs".

Hopefully there will be more news soon but I suspect everything will really heat up once the season is done tbh. Especially if there are three bidders in the mix.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 5_star11

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by Trotters Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:23 pm

Chrissylee1111 wrote:If Ellison was announced I bet all the idiot players chatting sh!t on Twitter will change their tune.

If Ellison was announced on Friday, you'd see the performance of their lives against Watford. The shitbags would be playing for massive Man City like contracts.

I'd have them brought to my office with their agents, have them sign a new deal worth triple what they're currently on for ten years and then when they're sitting there all smug looking, tear the contract up in front of them, chuck it back in their face and tell them they've got two minutes to get the fuck off the grounds.

Trotters
Trotters

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:26 pm

Rigby and a consortium let by Dolly Parton to be headlining the Birmingham Mail tomorrow, then.
Trotters
Trotters

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:14 am

AstonThriller wrote:Well where are we now with this situation?

1. The last report in the Takeover was in THIS article a couple of days ago which still maintains the notion that three bids are on the table.

2. Also at the Southampton game a fan had said Brian Little had openly told him that the takeover was "close".

3. Prior to that we had the Holis statement and of course King's comments in his interview.

It all points to one thing doesn't it? Look at other boards/Facebook/Twitter etc there's just no patience. Everyone expects to see details about it everyday and if there isn't any "the takeover is bs".

Hopefully there will be more news soon but I suspect everything will really heat up once the season is done tbh. Especially if there are three bidders in the mix.

Yeah, but how many times have articles been written, Twitter/Forum ITKs confirmed a deal is close, and rumblings from sources in the club say something is happening? This has happened several times before over the past two years, and because of it, I'm now more skeptical than before.
KMitch
KMitch

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:20 am

I'm less skeptical now, KMitch, because now we have an official statement of "extensive negotiations", we've had King say that he expects big changes in 2-3 weeks and we've had two comments to fans from Sir Brian.

If you were being extremely pessimistic, you could say that Lerner's latest rant said nothing to indicate a sale, that King has an axe to grind and is just trying to make out that the club has pulled a swift one on the fans in order to try and sell season tickets - which would also explain Hollis's statement on the OS.

I can't join those dots though. It's far too cynical for me. Why would Brian lie to fans in front of their kids?
What advantage does King gain?
Why would Hollis admit to negotiations when he doesn't have to unless he's pretty sure the deal will finalise this time? It does his career no favours to have a failure like this on his CV.

Now add in various "I know a bloke" comments as well as Jamie Gray who, given the connections of his Dad, would likely be legit. He doesn't strike me as a bullshitter or someone who would outright believe a story from a source he doesn't know or trust.

For me, there are only three questions:

1. Will Randy fuck it all up?
2. If not, then who is it?
3. When will it all happen?

Assuming Hollis can keep Lerner from dropping a bollock - and he seems pretty switched on - then we're down to (2) and (3). Hints from King and Hollis plus various ITK's and other ongoing stuff (NARLA tells me that the BMH training grounds were looking absolutely A-Grade the other day as per instructions from upper management) suggest that it could be anywhere from tomorrow to a month.

So...the one question remains?
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:58 am

Looking on twitter, around the time when sky's story about a British consortium buying us broke, a few people on there were saying that Peter Rigby and Kevin Cash, would be part of the group. If someone like that were to buy us, I think it would be with intention of getting us back into the Premier as soon as possible and then selling us on for a profit.

Although I should point out that as far as I can tell it's only one person mentioning Kevin Cash and few others Peter Rigby. So most likely just guess work
deadbuzzardalive

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by AVFClee Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:18 am

Rigby is worth £500million, Kevin Cash £500million plus there is supposed to be more on the consortium if this rumour they m buying our club,,,,,,,,so all in all we will have a consortium worth way more than Lerner and look how much he invested when in the first few years of buying us so it wouldn't be a terrible scenario imo Rigby Cash and others buying us AS LONG AS they appointed the right manager, staff, and got Little/Gregg's/GT/Mortimor type of board advising them on whats going on and whats needed keeping an eye on things so they don't turn out like O'Neil's time here massive unsustainable wages and overpriced players being bought.

I won't be too down if it is them but i prefer Larry or Wang Very Happy Very Happy

Last edited by AVFClee on Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:30 am; edited 1 time in total
AVFClee
AVFClee

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:36 am

It really isn't about having an owner that's worth more or have bigger wealth than Lerner.

The last 6 years we've had an owner that's spent £ 6 million NET each season on average. That's not because he "only has a billion" it's because he doesn't care about this club and is bored as fuck of everything AVFC related.

I'm willing to bet we would be better off with an owner like Rigby. He's 10 x the business man and even if he's worth half of Lerner he would probably spend way more on this club through smart investments.

The biggest obvious move would be to stop pissing off your own fan base like Lerner does. Be nice with the cash cow and it gives you money.

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:43 am

Mega money would be nice.

But SMART money is more important than just averagenough (£1-3bn) wealth
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissylee1111 Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:30 am

Ellison fits the bill for me, he is self made, no fool and has a competitive nature. Lerners wealth was inherited and fails at most things to do with sport. In a normal situation then smart money would work but we need a serious clear out and we need to start again.
Chrissylee1111

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by gaffer85 Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:31 am

Mega money smart money we just need money invested big time
gaffer85
gaffer85

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:43 am

Trotters wrote:
Chrissylee1111 wrote:If Ellison was announced I bet all the idiot players chatting sh!t on Twitter will change their tune.

If Ellison was announced on Friday, you'd see the performance of their lives against Watford. The shitbags would be playing for massive Man City like contracts.

I'd have them brought to my office with their agents, have them sign a new deal worth triple what they're currently on for ten years and then when they're sitting there all smug looking, tear the contract up in front of them, chuck it back in their face and tell them they've got two minutes to get the fuck off the grounds.

ha ha love it

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:47 am

Surely we're due some good news. If I had to guess I'd say a wealthy Chinese consortium, but not Dalian Wanda.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:48 am

Trotters wrote:I'm less skeptical now, KMitch, because now we have an official statement of "extensive negotiations", we've had King say that he expects big changes in 2-3 weeks and we've had two comments to fans from Sir Brian.

If you were being extremely pessimistic, you could say that Lerner's latest rant said nothing to indicate a sale, that King has an axe to grind and is just trying to make out that the club has pulled a swift one on the fans in order to try and sell season tickets - which would also explain Hollis's statement on the OS.

I can't join those dots though. It's far too cynical for me. Why would Brian lie to fans in front of their kids?
What advantage does King gain?
Why would Hollis admit to negotiations when he doesn't have to unless he's pretty sure the deal will finalise this time? It does his career no favours to have a failure like this on his CV.

Now add in various "I know a bloke" comments as well as Jamie Gray who, given the connections of his Dad, would likely be legit. He doesn't strike me as a bullshitter or someone who would outright believe a story from a source he doesn't know or trust.

For me, there are only three questions:

1. Will Randy fuck it all up?
2. If not, then who is it?
3. When will it all happen?

Assuming Hollis can keep Lerner from dropping a bollock - and he seems pretty switched on - then we're down to (2) and (3). Hints from King and Hollis plus various ITK's and other ongoing stuff (NARLA tells me that the BMH training grounds were looking absolutely A-Grade the other day as per instructions from upper management) suggest that it could be anywhere from tomorrow to a month.

So...the one question remains?

hi mate, I missed what Jamie gray has said??

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:57 am

Chrissylee1111 wrote:Ellison fits the bill for me, he is self made, no fool and has a competitive nature. Lerners wealth was inherited and fails at most things to do with sport. In a normal situation then smart money would work but we need a serious clear out and we need to start again.

This is about bang on, for me. In the ideal world it would be Ellison, a self made and successful man with a passion for sports.........and winning at sports. He is the stand out individual that ticks every box you could possibly hope for.................which is why I can't see it being him! We as Villa fans aren't that fortunate, and Randy Lerner would be made to look utterly inept (even more so than now) should Ellison succeed him. I don't think Randys spoiler brat ego could take much more humiliation.
Dazzle
Dazzle

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:00 am

Dazzle wrote:
Chrissylee1111 wrote:Ellison fits the bill for me, he is self made, no fool and has a competitive nature. Lerners wealth was inherited and fails at most things to do with sport. In a normal situation then smart money would work but we need a serious clear out and we need to start again.

This is about bang on, for me. In the ideal world it would be Ellison, a self made and successful man with a passion for sports.........and winning at sports. He is the stand out individual that ticks every box you could possibly hope for.................which is why I can't see it being him! We as Villa fans aren't that fortunate, and Randy Lerner would be made to look utterly inept (even more so than now) should Ellison succeed him. I don't think Randys spoiler brat ego could take much more humiliation.

I also think its Randy's last chance to leave a little bit of a legacy, if he sells to someone like Ellison he knows we will get back up there where we belong, and knowing how americans are he would have the attitude of" well I sold them to him so ive gotta take some credit for them doing the treble" Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissylee1111 Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:04 am

I think we are all very impatient, which I think is warranted. As fans we have been through so much and the media have loved rubbing salt in our wounds. Although I have been told that the deal is done, there is always doubt that is going to come in, mainly due to Lerner.
My biggest worry is that it must happen as soon as possible, we need to go into the summer in a positive vain. If we do get taken over then hopefully we will bounce back. Once taken over there is so much to do:
1. Appoint a manager (might have been done already)
2. Clear out the trash
3. Set up a new scouting structure
4. Get in the right players
5. Get the fans back on side

About the manager, I feel that Pearson might be the wrong man, other than keeping Leicester in the PL, he really has not done that much. The last thing we need is more negative publicity as he is prone to saying things he shouldn't.
Chrissylee1111

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinman Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:08 am

I think Trotters summed it up when he said that Hollis needs to stop Lerner from cocking it up.

This is my big fear. I have no confidence left of Lerner being capable of doing the right thing either in a business or a moral sense. I sometime doubt his mental health - even Hollis would struggle with that as a backdrop.

Wouldn't be at all surprise if the next soap opera episode is Hollis' resignation out of frustration.
Thinman
Thinman

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissylee1111 Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:10 am

most of the boxes are ticked and it looks like the takeover is about to happen. I have 2 issues though, one being Lerner and the other has been the attitude and comments of some of the players. If I knew a new owner was coming in, then I would behave. Some of the players Twitter rants have been horrific, this is not what the fans deserve, they are paid a very good wage only to have a tantrum when they do not play.
Chrissylee1111

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:14 am

It's gone very VERY quiet has it not! I do wonder what that means? Reading Trotters comment regards NARLA stating that BH is looking top notch could indicate that maybe a date or dates have been set to show people around. Now does that mean show people around a bit like having a house for sale and doing viewings? If so we should be keeping an eye out on plane movements etc...shame The Trees isn't posting here!

But then i think why would it only be at the point of showing people around? Surely that would mean talks haven't even begun yet? Afterall don't you view the house before deciding whether to bid on it?

So the other alternative is what? confused
The Utterer
The Utterer

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:17 am

Could it be Rigby Group instead of Peter Rigby on his own?  

Rigby Group owns SCC lock-stock, as well as a few other investments, and is worth a  little over £2Bn. Rigby group is Sir Pete and a couple of family members. All from the Midlands, and with a history for investing in Midlands interests. They're smart, self-made, and local. Surely they could come in, slash a modest amount of cash and get us up. They could then sell us or invest similarly to the Stoke owners without bankrupting themselves. 

Also could be where the consortium rumours came from. SCC is European wide, Britain-based, ran by local millionaires, and collectively worth more than Lerner. 

Ellison would be dream-land, Dalian Wanda the same, but surely someone like Rigby Group would be the next best option?
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:46 am

Chrissylee1111 wrote:I think we are all very impatient, which I think is warranted. As fans we have been through so much and the media have loved rubbing salt in our wounds. Although I have been told that the deal is done, there is always doubt that is going to come in, mainly due to Lerner.
My biggest worry is that it must happen as soon as possible, we need to go into the summer in a positive vain. If we do get taken over then hopefully we will bounce back. Once taken over there is so much to do:
1. Appoint a manager (might have been done already)
2. Clear out the trash
3. Set up a new scouting structure
4. Get in the right players
5. Get the fans back on side

About the manager, I feel that Pearson might be the wrong man, other than keeping Leicester in the PL, he really has not done that much. The last thing we need is more negative publicity as he is prone to saying things he shouldn't.

I agree with this entirely ^^ On your 1-5 points i would say
1. I agree & I think the manager may indeed already have been sounded out
2. Clearing out the trash will be likely the toughest challenge for a new owner although Nzog-the-leech will be gone YAY!!! Very Happy
3. Setting up a new scouting structure- It will be interesting to see what happens here? Especially with Reilly still being in post!
4. Buying the right players... Again very interesting! This largely depends on the right manager being hired and whatever the new scouting & funding system is. So Points 1, 3 & 4 are critical!!
5. Getting the fans back on side... Now IF a new owner is indeed incoming i do not see this as an issue whatsoever as for me the fans will be on a massive high and i believe have already now come to terms with dropping a division. We just want our pride back now after having been humiliated for years and being shamed and ridiculed by all and sundry this season....IF Someone like Ellison walks through the door i truly believe it will be almost instant passion and unbridled joy we will see next season and Villa Park will be an intimidating place to go for teams.

If we do not get sold however? .... Well it really doesn't bear thinking about! I will not be remotely involved with this club until Lerner has departed and i'm sure it'll be a horrid season if nothing changes.
The Utterer
The Utterer

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:50 am

Well absolutely no clues whatsoever on the identity of the prospective  buyers and I honestly believe all media, twitterers and fb'ers are just sooting in the dark. Come on Larry Ellison is pure fantasy and Larry Grayson is nearer the mark.

Saying someone's name over and over does not make it true, he is not the Candyman?
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissylee1111 Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:57 am

Villa_dan they could well be the consortium but we do not know how liquid they are, even assuming they have 1bn liquid, it would not take much to slash that in half (look at Lerner). What villa need is longevity and stability, not a quick sale turnover.
Chrissylee1111

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next