The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

+60
Leafs1201
VillaSteve
big ming
Barton82
WendyOz
Dansvilla75
Heisenberg
BillytheKid
gdav
gaffer85
HarryAVFC
Thinman
Marco
UnclePanda
hawk190601
AstonThriller
Army villain
Trysullvilla
mefromhere
bruka
KMitch
lukevilla
Chrissylee1111
Cha Ching
nickf21
Saunders82
Dgrizzle7
Olof Mellberg
Wookster
Con
De Kuip
AVFClee
jeffvilla
Olofsbeard
FoxyAV
andrew24561
fastbackace
villajk
4BetLite
DelboyVilla
1Elliot
Andyh
avfcjoe
Sky
The Utterer
Synopsis
NARLA24
Dions_Bald_Head
simbrenn
achilles
ViewFromT2
Dazzle
smetro
Trotters
ember
South London Villan
Villa_Dan
DaveAV1
deadbuzzardalive
danclare82
64 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 40 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by DaveAV1 Mon May 02, 2016 7:44 pm

Thanks SLV. The boy has all the credentials and experience required. And he's already done the job before. Having brought Randy in, the least he can do now is ease him out again!
DaveAV1

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 40 2_star10

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 40 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by smetro Mon May 02, 2016 8:08 pm

DaveAV1 wrote:Hollis said that they were delaying the appointment of a manager while takeover talks continue. He then said that there is obviously a point at which we have to make a managerial appointment. He didn't say that there was a date set when negotiations regarding takeover would end.

I'm constantly struggling to understand why people seem to think that buying a multimillion pound high profile business would be a) quick and b) conducted in public.

I don't read Hollis cut off point quite like that. If the new owners intend to take up the reigns within the next month, then they get to appoint there manager. If however it becomes obvious that nothing is going to happen quickly, we slip into business as usual mode - and appoint a manager.

To be honest unless a new manager doesn't fancy joining us mid takeover - I don't just see why we don't get it sorted now. I really don't see it being a deal breaker - a serious buyer won't walk away because they don't like the manager, and the current crop of probables all have pro's and cons.

What I fear is no takeover - then mid july "albruto mesaeringo"* - whose done very well on budget in the slovak league 2 is unveiled as our new manager, whilst Pearson, Moyes et all - have been for weeks preparing for the new season at there new clubs

* Insert your own unknown manager here
smetro
smetro

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 40 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon May 02, 2016 8:48 pm

To me this is anther clue, that whoever we're talking to is pretty serious about buying us. Otherwise we would have appointed someone by now to take advantage of the head start we'd have over other teams in preparation for next season.

deadbuzzardalive

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 40 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 02, 2016 8:51 pm

Or maybe we have an owner called Randy Lerner that doesn't give two shits about AVFC and the possible need of a new manager.

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Mon May 02, 2016 9:10 pm

Smetro, your first paragraph was more or less what I was saying. If we get the taleover done quickly, then great the decision on new manager is down to the new owner. If we don't get it done as quickly as we'd like then we have to get on with running the club.

On your second point, I agree it isn't a deal breaker. But perhaps it is just tidier that way and as long as it doesn't drag on too long then they're not panicking. It could be though that the three contenders have different preferences manager wise. Perhaps if one drops out, or isn't preffered by Hollis and the other two want the same guy, then Hollis will go ahead and appoint him.

On your third point. NO please NO! Let's face it none of us really know. I just hope it's not option 3!!!
DaveAV1

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 40 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Mon May 02, 2016 9:18 pm

A thought, Milan Mandarich doesn't currently own a football club.
South London Villan
South London Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Mon May 02, 2016 9:34 pm

South London Villan wrote:A thought, Milan Mandarich doesn't currently own a football club.

IIRC wasn't he involved with squire patton boggs for his last takeover ?
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Mon May 02, 2016 9:36 pm

Perhaps him and Randy are the same person? Hopefully our next owner will be as successful as the people who replaced Mandarich in his East Midlands venture :).
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon May 02, 2016 10:00 pm

Mandarich is perhaps more likely than some of the names being mentioned. But Squire Patton Boggs have been involved with a lot of takeovers, including ours when Lerner took over and the last two Man City takeovers.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Mon May 02, 2016 10:00 pm

David Hull of Squire Patton Boggs worked on the sale of Leicester and Sheffield Weds with Milan Mandaric.

Other football deals include Fulham, Man City & when Randy bought the Villa
South London Villan
South London Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Mon May 02, 2016 10:10 pm

smetro wrote:
DaveAV1 wrote:

What I fear is no takeover - then mid july  "albruto mesaeringo"*  - whose done very well on budget in the slovak league 2 is unveiled as our new manager, whilst Pearson, Moyes et all - have been for weeks preparing for the new season at there new clubs

I think what worries me most about you post Smetro is the fact that the random name you thought up for your manager is actually an anagram of "Oo me brutal arse ring". Exactly what kind of a bank holiday weekend have you been indulging in??
De Kuip
De Kuip

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 40 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Mon May 02, 2016 10:14 pm

De Kuip wrote:
smetro wrote:
DaveAV1 wrote:

What I fear is no takeover - then mid july  "albruto mesaeringo"*  - whose done very well on budget in the slovak league 2 is unveiled as our new manager, whilst Pearson, Moyes et all - have been for weeks preparing for the new season at there new clubs

I think what worries me most about you post Smetro is the fact that the random name you thought up for your manager is actually an anagram of "Oo me brutal arse ring". Exactly what kind of a bank holiday weekend have you been indulging in??

Lot of cycling actually - so maybe it was subliminal !!!!
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Mon May 02, 2016 10:15 pm

Sounds like SPB are the sort of people brought in to facilitate the closure of deals, rather than search for buyers.

Popcorn
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Mon May 02, 2016 10:16 pm

Lol!!!
De Kuip
De Kuip

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 40 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Mon May 02, 2016 10:17 pm

De Kuip wrote:Lol!!!

Legend on line ?

smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Mon May 02, 2016 10:19 pm

Dions_Bald_Head wrote:Sounds like SPB are the sort of people brought in to facilitate the closure of deals, rather than search for buyers.

Popcorn

I did wonder (for no good reason at all !) - Whether they were brought in to look at down market buyers - perhaps it was thought BOA/ML were fishing for a whoppa - and SQB targeted a different type of buyer

-------

https://bellsareringing.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=1777
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40