The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ?

+68
Mr_Spadge
Heisenberg
Fpuppys
CoE82
Cha Ching
TheVillansOfAston
brummieboy
VillaSteve
Barabass
Lammypaul
Jae1411
Kakacroom
mikethevillain
Army villain
Wriggle
Trysullvilla
mark_draper
forest jack
deadbuzzardalive
Morpheus
AstonThriller
HarryAVFC
BillytheKid
lukevilla
De Kuip
Alf T
mefromhere
Rawlie
1Elliot
danclare82
andrew24561
Boldfinger
villajk
Wookster
banneruk
WendyOz
Con
jeffvilla
NARLA24
gdav
bruka
Dions_Bald_Head
Chrissylee1111
Robbo
VillaBill
tonyp
Thinman
Leafs1201
Stratfordvilla
Saunders82
avfc85
avfc forever
Synopsis
Dgrizzle7
KMitch
DaveAV1
DelboyVilla
Trotters
thegaffer6
Villa_Dan
achilles
UnclePanda
FoxyAV
ember
4BetLite
The Utterer
Dazzle
smetro
72 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Who Will be the Next Villa Manager

Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 20 I_vote_lcap3%Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 20 I_vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 20 I_vote_lcap15%Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 20 I_vote_rcap 15% 
[ 6 ]
Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 20 I_vote_lcap5%Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 20 I_vote_rcap 5% 
[ 2 ]
Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 20 I_vote_lcap0%Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 20 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 20 I_vote_lcap0%Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 20 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 20 I_vote_lcap26%Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 20 I_vote_rcap 26% 
[ 10 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 20 I_vote_lcap5%Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 20 I_vote_rcap 5% 
[ 2 ]
Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 20 I_vote_lcap3%Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 20 I_vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 20 I_vote_lcap43%Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 20 I_vote_rcap 43% 
[ 17 ]

Total Votes : 39

Poll closed

Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 20 Empty Re: Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ?

Post by 4BetLite Mon May 02, 2016 9:47 pm

Like I said a while back, it has to be Moyes minimum and if we get taken over it will be exactly that.

The very fact that we are so close to seasons end and are playing for nothing, the pressure is off the club to appoint someone, in all honesty they are doing what they should be doing and letting Black(wish the fuck it was someone else though) mind the store till we know exactly where we are.

It would be advantageous to get someone in asap to assess what we need for next year but in the meantime I think Little will be preparing a dossier on the current squad/set up for the incoming man.

All we can do is hope that this sale goes through and for the first time in ages, be in a better position to operate like we should be. Better still, lets hope its the dream takeover we all deserve.

Onwards and upwards...........
4BetLite
4BetLite

Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 20 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 20 Empty Re: Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ?

Post by smetro Mon May 02, 2016 9:50 pm

4BetLite wrote:Like I said a while back, it has to be Moyes minimum and if we get taken over it will be exactly that.

The very fact that we are so close to seasons end and are playing for nothing, the pressure is off the club to appoint someone, in all honesty they are doing what they should be doing and letting Black(wish the fuck it was someone else though) mind the store till we know exactly where we are.

It would be advantageous to get someone in asap to assess what we need for next year but in the meantime I think Little will be preparing a dossier on the current squad/set up for the incoming man.

All we can do is hope that this sale goes through and for the first time in ages, be in a better position to operate like we should be. Better still, lets hope its the dream takeover we all deserve.

Onwards and upwards...........

Theres too many other jobs available for Moyes - I just don't see it.
smetro
smetro

Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 20 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon May 02, 2016 10:16 pm

Will only be Moyes if a takeover happens and it is significant new owners. Stick with Lerner or get someone new who, while they might be decent for us, aren't super rich and he will go elsewhere.

Pearson over Bruce for me. Rowett over both.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Mon May 02, 2016 10:33 pm

ok, this is the plan, get pearson, buy a few nobodies, get promoted, fuck pearson off and get a has been foreign manager to coach a group of people he's never heard of and win the premiership, nah, nah, could never happen, right?
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon May 02, 2016 10:35 pm

Rowett's completely overrated. Birmingham play absolutely dire football, and while he's done relatively okay there in terms of results, it's not the achievement some people make out. I mean he's had little to work with but so have most teams in that division. He's not done enough to be considered for the Villa job and no way would I take him over Pearson, who's achieved more and who's Leicester team played a lot better style of football.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon May 02, 2016 10:49 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Rowett's completely overrated. Birmingham play absolutely dire football, and while he's done relatively okay there in terms of results, it's not the achievement some people make out. I mean he's had little to work with but so have most teams in that division. He's not done enough to be considered for the Villa job and no way would I take him over Pearson, who's achieved more and who's Leicester team played a lot better style of football.

I disagree. He did well at Burton, then took over a Blues team with worse owners than the Villa, unable to sign anyone of real note and forced to live off scraps, took that team from 21st to 10th, and made a push for the playoffs this season with the club still being ran by EY in receivership
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon May 02, 2016 11:07 pm

Despite the owners antics and the overall mess of the club. Rowett hasn't had it all that bad in terms of players he has at his disposal and Birmingham have managed to spend some money. Their squad really isn't that bad in comparison to most other squads in the Championship. They were 21st because Lee Clark is an absolutely awful manager. Maybe Rowett has slightly overachieved but not by much and certainly not enough for him to be considered for the Villa job.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Tue May 03, 2016 5:22 am

Bruce = fat McLeish
Rowett = thin McLeish

both not welcome for me, my shortlist is Moyes, Hiddink and Pelegrinni
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Tue May 03, 2016 6:06 am

Rowett has done better with Blues than most people expected. But it's difficult to know if he is able to take over a huge club like us, with massive expectations and be a success. He's run a corner shop very well, but does that qualify him to turn around Harrods? We could appoint him and find out, but for me that's too big a risk right now.
DaveAV1

Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 20 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue May 03, 2016 6:33 am

I think Rowett has, unfortunately, done a great job. Yes, they fell away a bit at the end but at the start of last season I think they were one of the favourites to go down - although that may have had a lot to do with most people thing they'd go into administration.

I don't know much about Blose except for hearing that the hairdresser is in jail and most of their money was shyphoned off to pay various investors (probably triad gangs).

The bloke trying to run things for them (odd name, can't recall it right now) has somehow managed to keep that ship afloat and Rowett has somehow manage to produce a football team that looked like they were capable of challenging for the playoffs.

Imagine Randy sold off most of our good players*, leaving us only with the shit and begrudgingly offered a small amount for transfers. I think every one of us would accept that we'd be mailed on for League 1 so in that context, Rowett has done well.

Could he come in and manage a much bigger club like Villa? Who knows. With the previous board we had (including Sir Brian as advisor), I'd have backed him to succeed. Now though.....?

* LOL
Trotters
Trotters

Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 20 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 03, 2016 7:11 am

I think a passionate Villa fan is exactly what we need tbh. The fact that he has shown he knows what it takes in the championship is just a bonus.

Unfortunately I don't think it matters much until we have a new owner. We could get Mourinho and still be shite. Randy Lerner is cancer to us.

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Tue May 03, 2016 7:24 am

i dont think Moyes will come, and to be honest i dont rate him that highly (for our needs) he hasnt managed in the championship for 16 years and his methods are old and dated. Pearson the crazy bas**rd suits us fine.
Boldfinger

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Tue May 03, 2016 8:36 am

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Rowett's completely overrated. Birmingham play absolutely dire football, and while he's done relatively okay there in terms of results, it's not the achievement some people make out. I mean he's had little to work with but so have most teams in that division. He's not done enough to be considered for the Villa job and no way would I take him over Pearson, who's achieved more and who's Leicester team played a lot better style of football.

Agree with the above pretty much 100%. Add to that the fact that there has been no expectation at that job, Villa would be night and day different in terms of expectation. That's a big factor.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Tue May 03, 2016 8:48 am

2 Victories in 11 games for Rowett - not quite Remi Garde territory, but a bit concerning none the less
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Tue May 03, 2016 11:31 am

4BetLite wrote:Bruce = fat McLeish
Rowett = thin McLeish

I can sense future disappointment for you then!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Tue May 03, 2016 11:33 am

No manager is going to succeed even remotely while Lerner is still in charge, that has been proved beyond doubt!
Recovery will only take place when the cancer has been removed.
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Tue May 03, 2016 11:54 am

achilles wrote:
4BetLite wrote:Bruce = fat McLeish
Rowett = thin McLeish

I can sense future disappointment for you then!

Sad ............ dream destroyer, they cannot go for just anybody this time, the pressure on the club to get the right man is huge. We simply cannot fail to get up in one go. As said by many others, the calibre of the appointment will be dependant on the calibre of the buyer of Aston Villa.
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue May 03, 2016 3:54 pm

I've just noticed your location, 4Bet. Very Happy
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Tue May 03, 2016 5:13 pm

Trotters wrote:I've just noticed your location, 4Bet. Very Happy

Fantastic, where am I?
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 03, 2016 6:28 pm

Narnia by the looks of it

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Tue May 03, 2016 8:39 pm

yes yes, Ellison in and send lerner to Narnia with us
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by Alf T Wed May 04, 2016 4:26 am

Actually you should compare what Pearson has spent ...not billions, true...with what Rowett has been able to spend.
Pearson..close to £11million..won't get that from Randy.
Rowett..about £1.75 million...would get that from Randy.
Very Happy

But I agree actually, Rowett has not delivered at Burton or the shite,
He's come close through over-achieving with free's and bosmans, but never makes the final step.
DO ...We want exercises and experiments with Free's and Bosmans ??   :)

That is Rowett Land...achieving nothing, but looking-good Very Happy
I think he's the perrenial "nearly-man"...good...but not good enough for us

Pearson will come with a price...a price of fees and a stigma which will not enhance him to the journos

Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 20 50815218

Alf T
Alf T

Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 20 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Wed May 04, 2016 7:16 am

Alf T wrote:Pearson will come with a price...a price of fees and a stigma which will not enhance him to the journos

I get the impression the press likes to see a big club fall as much as they like to see a completely unlikely club succeed, it's not as if we've had that many friends in the media this season.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed May 04, 2016 7:52 am

Not just this season. MoN had his mates rally around him and make the club out to be the shitbags after he got found out as a chequebook manager. Sherwood, whilst he's only said good things about the size of the club and the fans, has had the London media rally around him as hard done by (which, to be fair, it seems he was).

If I was a journo, I'd be absolutely going to town on Aston Villa, the deluded, useless owner, the higher profile fans that have aided and abetted, the over-paid, over-hyped players who have let us all down, etc and so on.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Wed May 04, 2016 8:19 am

I've long been an advocate of myself as the next Villa manager. However I've now come to the conclusion, that even with my great managerial skills, under Randy Lerner I'd be doomed to failure. So I have realised that there is only one solution to save our great club, DaveAV1 owner manager! If all those who generously offered a tenner to help out, in my previous managerial bid, could just stretch to say half a million, then we're in business!

What do you say lads? Come on let's believe!! Scarf Waving Scarf Waving
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next