The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ?

+68
Mr_Spadge
Heisenberg
Fpuppys
CoE82
Cha Ching
TheVillansOfAston
brummieboy
VillaSteve
Barabass
Lammypaul
Jae1411
Kakacroom
mikethevillain
Army villain
Wriggle
Trysullvilla
mark_draper
forest jack
deadbuzzardalive
Morpheus
AstonThriller
HarryAVFC
BillytheKid
lukevilla
De Kuip
Alf T
mefromhere
Rawlie
1Elliot
danclare82
andrew24561
Boldfinger
villajk
Wookster
banneruk
WendyOz
Con
jeffvilla
NARLA24
gdav
bruka
Dions_Bald_Head
Chrissylee1111
Robbo
VillaBill
tonyp
Thinman
Leafs1201
Stratfordvilla
Saunders82
avfc85
avfc forever
Synopsis
Dgrizzle7
KMitch
DaveAV1
DelboyVilla
Trotters
thegaffer6
Villa_Dan
achilles
UnclePanda
FoxyAV
ember
4BetLite
The Utterer
Dazzle
smetro
72 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

Who Will be the Next Villa Manager

Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 40 I_vote_lcap3%Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 40 I_vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 40 I_vote_lcap15%Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 40 I_vote_rcap 15% 
[ 6 ]
Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 40 I_vote_lcap5%Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 40 I_vote_rcap 5% 
[ 2 ]
Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 40 I_vote_lcap0%Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 40 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 40 I_vote_lcap0%Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 40 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 40 I_vote_lcap26%Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 40 I_vote_rcap 26% 
[ 10 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 40 I_vote_lcap5%Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 40 I_vote_rcap 5% 
[ 2 ]
Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 40 I_vote_lcap3%Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 40 I_vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 40 I_vote_lcap43%Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 40 I_vote_rcap 43% 
[ 17 ]

Total Votes : 39

Poll closed

Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 40 Empty Re: Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ?

Post by Dazzle Fri May 27, 2016 5:12 pm

Place me on record as saying I think Xia's first fuck up is appointing Di Matteo over Pearson. All I see elsewhere on this forum is some weird type of adolescent exclamations of "we're back!". Well, yes we are...........back in the 2nd tier of English football for the first time in nearly thirty years under the ownership of a guy/people who wants recognition in China, whilst seemingly ignoring the like of Brian Little. Lord I hope this doesn't end up how I strongly think it might.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 40 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 40 Empty Re: Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ?

Post by robinsonvil81 Fri May 27, 2016 5:23 pm

Can I ask the Vila fans wanting Pearson, what has he won? He's got promoted once and barely kept Leicster in the league. To slate RDM before he's in job is typical of moaning Villa fans. People saying he won't be able to discipline the players like Perason would. Come on when he took charge of Chelsea there were some big attitude players in that team and he coped and he gained the respect of the players. This guy has gained promotion and he's won the fa cup and champions league. Let's give the guy and chance instead of slating him and saying we should of got Pearson. Let's back him if he gets the job and get behind the team and hopefully we will be back n the premier league next year!
robinsonvil81

Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 40 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Fri May 27, 2016 5:27 pm

We don't know who Little advised the club to go for. Di Matteo fills all the criteria set out by Hollis (presumably on the advice of Little and Bernstein), except for being British, and even then he's as about as British as you can get without being British at least in British footballing experience terms.
deadbuzzardalive

Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 40 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Fri May 27, 2016 5:35 pm

Dazzle wrote:There seems to be a lot of inflating of actual reality in opinions between RDM and Nigel Pearson. When you actually look at what the new owner has said, and look at each candidates CV with a balanced and unbiased leaning, the neutral should be able to see a relatively clear preferred choice. For me, that would be Nigel Pearson. It depends what you want, what your outlook is. Either way, the new man will have me as a Villa supporter.
The new owner has clearly stated that he thinks RDM brings a more marketable profile, that he is a better "name" to promote the club in China and around the world. I'd have to agree with that. His record at a glance seems as good as we could wish for, but on closer scrutiny it does seem less good. For example, people talk of him winning the champions league with Chelsea, which as an actual fact in the history books is true, he was manager when they lifted the trophy. But the reality is that he took over in March from a deeply unpopular manager amongst the players in Villas-Boas. It could easily be argued that many manager could have been appointed at that time and the team would have seen the inevitable bounce that followed. It's not like Chelsea at that time had an average or poor squad and he magically turned them into winners, they were/are expected to challenge every single season.
He took over from a successful Paul Ince at MK Dons (Ince had landed the Blackburn managers job off the back of his work at Dons) and was there for a season before moving to WBA in place of Mowbray, again another quite unpopular figure after relegation. He guided them to 2nd in the championship behind Newcastle. His first game in the premiership was away at Chelsea and he lost 6-0. He was sacked by February of that season with the club in 17th position. Michael Appleton took over and the club finished in 11th position at seasons end.
He resigned from Schalke 04 in May last year after a run of 2 wins in 10 saw the club miss out on Champions League places.
So the actual facts are that RDM has never gone into a club and built anything from the ground up, he has generally taken over teams that are already set up and been relatively successful. He's never been at a club as a manager for longer than 19months. That should be a concern to anyone.
Let's have a look at Nigel Pearson. I have to start with his very first managerial flourish, which has its place in the history books because it was with Carlisle who he kept in the league on the last game of the season, with the goalkeeper he signed, Jimmy Glass, scoring the goal that kept them in the league! He served only 3 months at Southampton, keeping them in the championship before being replaced. He then took over at Leicester, winning the League 1 title with a record points total after having lost only 4 games in the season. The following season he guided Leicester to 5th in the championship, losing in the playoffs on a penalty shoot out. He left Leicester that summer after the then owner Mandaric invited another manager to watch the play off 2nd leg and gave permission to hull to talk to Pearson. So he left and was quickly replaced by Paulo Sousa, who had been the manger that Mandaric had been showing around. He left Hull in 11th to rejoin Leicester under their new owners. The rest I think everyone now knows.
So if you are looking for a candidate that knows how to win the lower leagues and goes on big unbeaten runs then you look no further than Pearson. If you want a candidate that is more showbiz and brings instant recognition to the club then it's Di Matteo.
I can't believe we seem to be letting Pearson slip through the net just to appoint a better known candidate. But it is the owners decision and he will stand or fall by that decision. Fact is that none of us know at this point, only time will tell. But nobody could looked surprised if in, say, a years time Di Matteo is not at Villa.

To be honest this is the outlook of someone who clearly favours one over the other. Pearson is a 52 year old man who's biggest achievement is taking up Leicester and just about keeping them up having spent most of the season losing every week. RDM has also gotten a team promoted to the prem and managed at the lower levels too but the difference is he's been consistent through his whole career and has the experience of operating at the highest level in the Champions league. People can say "it was with someone else's team" but then he went to Schalke and managed to win in Madrid. So clearly he knows his stuff.

RDM is a manager who can not only take us up but also has the potential to take us much further than that if given the right backing imo. If Xia is serious about his ambitions for the club then he's absolutely right in snubbing Pearson for RDM. Pearson is someone who may have been ok if Lerner was still hanging around...but the game is about to change now and it seems some fans just can't seem to fathom that. Put 50m in Pearson's hands? No thanks...
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 40 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Fri May 27, 2016 5:45 pm

Pearson was nailed on to come in, something that Narla has also stated, all pending the takeover, I believe that NP was the current management teams choice and that Xia prefers another.

Since NP has gone to Derby, I think we can safely say that the Xia is close to being confirmed as new owner.

But but but.............. Is it RDM or a another???

RDM is the lowest price anyone has been through out but but but, Moyes still waiting for something!

Wish they would hurry the fuk up>

Last edited by 4BetLite on Fri May 27, 2016 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
4BetLite
4BetLite

Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 40 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Fri May 27, 2016 5:46 pm

robinsonvil81 wrote:Can I ask the Vila fans wanting Pearson, what has he won? He's got promoted once and barely kept Leicster in the league. To slate RDM before he's in job is typical of moaning Villa fans. People saying he won't be able to discipline the players like Perason would. Come on when he took charge of Chelsea there were some big attitude players in that team and he coped and he gained the respect of the players. This guy has gained promotion and he's won the fa cup and champions league. Let's give the guy and chance instead of slating him and saying we should of got Pearson. Let's back him if he gets the job and get behind the team and hopefully we will be back n the premier league next year!

With the greatest of respect, you are being simple by purely looking at trophies on a CV. Pearson, for your information, won league 1 and championship titles with Leicester, in separate stints under different owners........in English football. Those were stints of more than a season or so, and his team at Leicester won 7 from 9 at the end of last season, a run of form that Villa cannot remember in the top flight. That team, pretty much the same, have just won the title. So if some Villa fans are content to bemoan those who look at not securing Pearson over Di Matteo as moaners, then so be it. I happen to think that those who see Di Matteo as the better choice as no better than the twats who post photo shopped photos of themselves on Instagram or Twitter.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinman Fri May 27, 2016 5:48 pm

Dazzle wrote:Place me on record as saying I think Xia's first fuck up is appointing Di Matteo over Pearson. All I see elsewhere on this forum is some weird type of adolescent exclamations of "we're back!". Well, yes we are...........back in the 2nd tier of English football for the first time in nearly thirty years under the ownership of a guy/people who wants recognition in China, whilst seemingly ignoring the like of Brian Little. Lord I hope this doesn't end up how I strongly think it might.

Regrettably, I think you are right.

We don't need a nice guy manager for the task we have ahead before next season.
Thinman
Thinman

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Fri May 27, 2016 5:57 pm

robinsonvil81 wrote:Can I ask the Vila fans wanting Pearson, what has he won? He's got promoted once and barely kept Leicster in the league. To slate RDM before he's in job is typical of moaning Villa fans. People saying he won't be able to discipline the players like Perason would. Come on when he took charge of Chelsea there were some big attitude players in that team and he coped and he gained the respect of the players. This guy has gained promotion and he's won the fa cup and champions league. Let's give the guy and chance instead of slating him and saying we should of got Pearson. Let's back him if he gets the job and get behind the team and hopefully we will be back n the premier league next year!

Pearson is the very definition of a mediocre manager but because he's English and seen as a "tough guy" some fans jump on the bandwagon and expect everyone else to follow. His record is WORSE than Lambert's and no better than Nigel Adkin's. Would those fans want them too I wonder? Rolling Eyes

Today we should be celebrating because it seems like we finally have a manager who is more ambitious than some of these fans out here...Xia is no fool, he wants a manager with both a name and a proven record of success and RDM ticks all of those boxes. My respect for Xia has actually increased today because it could have been very easy to follow the sheep but he's stood firm and gone with his own belief's and that's a good sign imo.

Last edited by AstonThriller on Fri May 27, 2016 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Fri May 27, 2016 5:59 pm

AstonThriller wrote:
Dazzle wrote:There seems to be a lot of inflating of actual reality in opinions between RDM and Nigel Pearson. When you actually look at what the new owner has said, and look at each candidates CV with a balanced and unbiased leaning, the neutral should be able to see a relatively clear preferred choice. For me, that would be Nigel Pearson. It depends what you want, what your outlook is. Either way, the new man will have me as a Villa supporter.
The new owner has clearly stated that he thinks RDM brings a more marketable profile, that he is a better "name" to promote the club in China and around the world. I'd have to agree with that. His record at a glance seems as good as we could wish for, but on closer scrutiny it does seem less good. For example, people talk of him winning the champions league with Chelsea, which as an actual fact in the history books is true, he was manager when they lifted the trophy. But the reality is that he took over in March from a deeply unpopular manager amongst the players in Villas-Boas. It could easily be argued that many manager could have been appointed at that time and the team would have seen the inevitable bounce that followed. It's not like Chelsea at that time had an average or poor squad and he magically turned them into winners, they were/are expected to challenge every single season.
He took over from a successful Paul Ince at MK Dons (Ince had landed the Blackburn managers job off the back of his work at Dons) and was there for a season before moving to WBA in place of Mowbray, again another quite unpopular figure after relegation. He guided them to 2nd in the championship behind Newcastle. His first game in the premiership was away at Chelsea and he lost 6-0. He was sacked by February of that season with the club in 17th position. Michael Appleton took over and the club finished in 11th position at seasons end.
He resigned from Schalke 04 in May last year after a run of 2 wins in 10 saw the club miss out on Champions League places.
So the actual facts are that RDM has never gone into a club and built anything from the ground up, he has generally taken over teams that are already set up and been relatively successful. He's never been at a club as a manager for longer than 19months. That should be a concern to anyone.
Let's have a look at Nigel Pearson. I have to start with his very first managerial flourish, which has its place in the history books because it was with Carlisle who he kept in the league on the last game of the season, with the goalkeeper he signed, Jimmy Glass, scoring the goal that kept them in the league! He served only 3 months at Southampton, keeping them in the championship before being replaced. He then took over at Leicester, winning the League 1 title with a record points total after having lost only 4 games in the season. The following season he guided Leicester to 5th in the championship, losing in the playoffs on a penalty shoot out. He left Leicester that summer after the then owner Mandaric invited another manager to watch the play off 2nd leg and gave permission to hull to talk to Pearson. So he left and was quickly replaced by Paulo Sousa, who had been the manger that Mandaric had been showing around. He left Hull in 11th to rejoin Leicester under their new owners. The rest I think everyone now knows.
So if you are looking for a candidate that knows how to win the lower leagues and goes on big unbeaten runs then you look no further than Pearson. If you want a candidate that is more showbiz and brings instant recognition to the club then it's Di Matteo.
I can't believe we seem to be letting Pearson slip through the net just to appoint a better known candidate. But it is the owners decision and he will stand or fall by that decision. Fact is that none of us know at this point, only time will tell. But nobody could looked surprised if in, say, a years time Di Matteo is not at Villa.

To be honest this is the outlook of someone who clearly favours one over the other. Pearson is a 52 year old man who's biggest achievement is taking up Leicester and just about keeping them up having spent most of the season losing every week. RDM has also gotten a team promoted to the prem and managed at the lower levels too but the difference is he's been consistent through his whole career and has the experience of operating at the highest level in the Champions league. People can say "it was with someone else's team" but then he went to Schalke and managed to win in Madrid. So clearly he knows his stuff.

RDM is a manager who can not only take us up but also has the potential to take us much further than that if given the right backing imo. If Xia is serious about his ambitions for the club then he's absolutely right in snubbing Pearson for RDM. Pearson is someone who may have been ok if Lerner was still hanging around...but the game is about to change now and it seems some fans just can't seem to fathom that. Put 50m in Pearson's hands? No thanks...

"But then he went to Schalke and managed to win in Madrid"......... Are you fucking serious? You are basing it on one game?!! As I wrote above (actual facts) name me one club he has managed for over a season and a half before either being sacked or resigning. Name me one club he has built up (that means signing players and changing the existing team) and taken further that they already were? I'll tell you now that you can't, because I've looked closely at his record. So if I come across as favouring one candidate it's because there is evidence to back it up.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Fri May 27, 2016 5:59 pm

If we don't need a nice manager then we don't need Pearson. Despite the common perception and what people may think because of a few press conferences, he doesn't actually manage by fear. And even if we did bring in a nasty manager it wouldn't make no difference to the players they aren't going to be scared into doing what they're told, it doesn't work like that at this level.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Fri May 27, 2016 6:23 pm

Dazzle wrote:

"But then he went to Schalke and managed to win in Madrid"......... Are you fucking serious? You are basing it on one game?!! As I wrote above (actual facts) name me one club he has managed for over a season and a half before either being sacked or resigning. Name me one club he has built up (that means signing players and changing the existing team) and taken further that they already were? I'll tell you now that you can't, because I've looked closely at his record. So if I come across as favouring one candidate it's because there is evidence to back it up.

What has "building a team" got to do with anything? How many teams has Enrique "built"? How many teams has Pellegrini built? Guardiola? The top and bottom of it all is RESULTS!!..and the "evidence", as you put it, is that RDM has a 50% win ratio across FOUR different teams that he's managed. Furthermore the Schalke reference is in relation to people claiming he was "managing someone else's team at Chelsea" and yet he's the last manager to win away at Madrid with a totally different team at the top level!!..so that proves his philosophy works no-matter who he manages.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Fri May 27, 2016 6:40 pm

I think what Di Matteo did at Albion is most relevant to us. He got them promoted after they'd finished bottom of the Premier league the season before. If he can repeat that then that will do for me.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Fri May 27, 2016 6:56 pm

Pearson has gone so let's move on!

RDM looks to be the man we got so let's support and back him?

We all know records and the past mean little once appointed!

He will know the problems as it has been out there for all to see so he will come with a plan.
DelboyVilla

Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 40 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Fri May 27, 2016 9:34 pm

Dazzle you don't so much put your point across as try to beat people to death with it. Don't really think it's called for to compare people who favour RDM as no better than twats  who post photoshopped pictures of themselves or asking someone if they are fucking serious. Appreciate your passion matey but try and put your point across less aggressively if poss.
Cheers Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 40 3769219917
De Kuip
De Kuip

Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 40 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Leafs1201 Fri May 27, 2016 9:35 pm

Just a hunch that we haven't seen the last of Moyes yet, no ITK at all just my gut feeling, failing that I'm happy with RDM just as I'd have been happy/ok with Pearson.
Leafs1201
Leafs1201

Next Villa Manager - Who WILL it be ? - Page 40 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by UnclePanda Fri May 27, 2016 9:53 pm

Leafs1201 wrote:Just a hunch that we haven't seen the last of Moyes yet, no ITK at all just my gut feeling, failing that I'm happy with RDM just as I'd have been happy/ok with Pearson.

agreed.. i got a funny feeling itll be moyes. But I would be very happy with RDM

-------

https://bellsareringing.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=1806
UnclePanda
UnclePanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40