The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

+92
Synopsis
Randy
KMitch
Trysullvilla
LVBrit
Leafs1201
danclare82
holtehero
MrAstonVilla
mickeywya
De Kuip
ember
1Elliot
marko63
worcesterkev
pcfbavfcoman
jeffvilla
rosco77
The Utterer
gdale1
GhostDad
Wriggle
Villas Trudge
Dazzle
avfcjoe
jbone88
StringGhost
TED
plastic
George
omariqy
mark_draper
TheTechniqueSMC
snakevilla
kimbo
UnclePanda
Trainspotter
Jimmycarr
Wookster
avfcjay
DelboyVilla
GodzoneVilla
James_Curtis
Suits
Peter
HarryAVFC
deadbuzzardalive
brummieboy
Army villain
thegaffer6
Gordonsleftboot
AstonThriller
Mazrim
clarryblue
DaveAV1
DN1982
tbarrules
Withes Sweatbands
Zidane
andrew24561
Trotters
gdav
lukevilla
AVFClee
Poseidon
gaffer85
Dansvilla75
South London Villan
LukeWilliamsOBE
Dions_Bald_Head
smetro
Andyh
Chrissylee1111
snitum
Thabucks
fastbackace
Born Under The Holte End
Keyser Soze
avfc85
B62 Villa
Jamie Gray
NARLA24
Villa82
Villa_Dan
Dgrizzle7
Fpuppys
bazzah
jvilla
ViewFromT2
villabromsgrove
hawk190601
GadgetMan
96 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by Andyh Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:18 pm

It's also an ideal opportunity to put to bed once and for all any talk of a takeover, if one isn't happening.
You don't hold a meeting to detail a strategy of how the club will move forward and leave out a critical item like whether we are being taken over or not, it simply doesn't make sense.
Andyh
Andyh

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 0_star10

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by Dansvilla75 Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:18 pm

Yeah I think this is the case, can we survive with the previous levels of investment. Let's hope Lerner changes tact if he is staying as owner and if that email is genuine.
Dansvilla75
Dansvilla75

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie Gray Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:20 pm

TED wrote:TED wrote:
Firstly let me say I really hope there is a takeover and you guys are correct, I really do.
BUT there is still no evidence to support this. It's all conjecture rumour and wishful thinking.
What is fact and evidenced is that for the last three years Lerner has delivered a statement at the end of a poor season some may say in an attempt to manipulate and increase season ticket and merchandise sales.
I do agree the club have not denied a takeover is happening but they have not confirmed either. Let me ask a question is it just possible that the PR people at Villa park realise takeover speculation is good for the club increases fans excitement for the new season encouraging us to spend?
Imagine if they denied a takeover was happening what do you think the reaction would be?
Another question, does the club benefit from takeover talk even if ones not happening?

With respect my friend, there is plenty of evidence of a takeover if you know the right people. Just saying....

Jamie if you have evidence I'm sure we would all like to read it.
Please post.
I hope you are right

Unfortunately pal not everything can be made public. I understand that this appears convenient, but I'm sure others will back my credentials
Jamie Gray

Back to top Go down

Post by jvilla Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:21 pm

mark_draper wrote:
jvilla wrote:Refreshments after a one hour meeting? Some people have it easy!

Not sure they would have refreshments after bad news? They would want to get the heck out of there.

Refreshments suggests to me a period after the meeting in case people would like to ask direct questions, in a more informal manner.

The sharpness and self-admitted short notice suggests almost to me that something has almost changed overnight? Or perhaps I'm clutching at straws??

I agree. Short notice = important and sudden news to impart - by the two most senior board members there to do it.
jvilla
jvilla

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by jvilla Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:24 pm

Perhaps they want to tell all the staff how to say Charlie W's surname correctly - must be awkward when all your underlings call you Charlie wertya cough cough.
jvilla
jvilla

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by DN1982 Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:30 pm

ViewFromT2 wrote:
DN1982 wrote:
ViewFromT2 wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:

No it's not being officially announced, however it's not been officially denied either. I don't see what the panic is to convince folk we're not been taken over. We have said time and time again, it's a speculation thread (to which you added your own, by saying you were told we were being sold) I personally think we will be sold, that is MY view, it doesn't have to the view of others, I'm cool with that, be cool with me thinking opposite. It isn't the sites view, it doesn't have one. I think to argue its "baseless" is pushing it a little imo! There's certainly enough out there for it not to be baseless. TF himself said "I think RL will sell" I don't get the mood this morning. It's all very sombre, what happened overnight with everyone? AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 1815562058

Sorry GM, never meant to be argumentative or dismissive, I fully respect your view on things....and yes, I was given the impression a sale was close and I have no reason to alter that view.... I just think the exclusivity thing is being over stated by some, that's what led me to respond to your post.
There are even some that have earmarked the day it exclusivity ends!!! I mean, we don't even know when it started (if indeed it did) or how long it was for....so how can certain days "tie in with the exclusivity period"....as I read earlier!

The timing of this meeting on Wednesday is uncannily close to the timing of Lerner's statement last July.....if I was having a £100 bet on it today ( Very Happy ), I'd say the meeting is to announce Plan B to the staff this week.

Plan B is virtually carrying on as we are and there wasn't a big meeting last year to state this So doubt it'd just be that.

Plan B is to appoint a new chairman...which is nothing like carrying on as we are, in fairness!

And Tom Fox is in charge of the day to day now...not Paul Faulkner. Perhaps Tom Fox feels that his staff should be informed of major developments?..shock, horror!

Read Lerner's recent interview again...he said last year's Plan B was to carry on and refocus on the club. He issued a statement saying as much on 7th July 2014.
This year, on 8th July 2015, we learn there is a meeting called for all staff.
Coincidence? possibly yes.

Educated guesswork would suggest Lerner sees the players and staff return for pre-season as a key time. It would seem to make perfect sense that Plan A was to sell the club before the players went back....and Plan B is now being rolled out.

This does not mean a sale won't happen.

Just to be clear This does not mean a sale won't happen.

Scarf Waving

I mean it in the sense that a New Chairman won't make one bit of difference to how we are run or funded. It'd be a figure head role with no actual power as they'd still answer to Lerner but it would give a sense of leadership on a day to day basis.
DN1982

Back to top Go down

Post by TED Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:35 pm

A new chairman makes no difference.
Lerner will still be in control.
Employing yes men and while still make the financial decisions.
I really hope this is not the case. If it is our club will continue its decline.
If it is the case something's wrong.
How can WBA get new owners yet for two years we remain a club in crisis unable to attract new investment/owners.
Surely questions as to whether we are actually up for sale need asking.
TED

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostDad Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:37 pm

An all staff meeting inside ticket office hours the very day that tickets go on sale for the Bournemouth game.
GhostDad
GhostDad

Back to top Go down

Post by Withes Sweatbands Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:40 pm

It seems a very unproffesional email for such a high ranking individual. Look at how the address is set up at the bottom there are missing punctuation marks and commas in some places. It just doesnt seem right in my opinion doesnt look right ... who knows but thats my opinion ...

Just a thought has anyone ever recieved an email from anyone at Villa so they culd compare the style and make up to see if its genuine ...
Withes Sweatbands
Withes Sweatbands

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:41 pm

So what do we think about the new chairman?

Will it be Tom Fox stepping up, or a new face entirely?
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by Dansvilla75 Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:46 pm

And having taken my head for a wobble (sound advice from one to another poster on here earlier, love that expression :-) ) the above email could be written in a calculating way to allure any suspicion on that it's to do with a take over.
Dansvilla75
Dansvilla75

Back to top Go down

Post by gdale1 Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:47 pm

No strong feelings regarding the sale one way or another, what will be will be, but noticed that little has been discussed recently about the staff meeting being on the 8th, 8 being the Chinese lucky number.
gdale1
gdale1

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:48 pm

TED wrote:Firstly let me say I really hope there is a takeover and you guys are correct, I really do.
BUT there is still no evidence to support this. It's all conjecture rumour and wishful thinking.
What is fact and evidenced is that for the last three years Lerner has delivered a statement at the end of a poor season some may say in an attempt to manipulate and increase season ticket and merchandise sales.
I do agree the club have not denied a takeover is happening but they have not confirmed either. Let me ask a question is it just possible that the PR people at Villa park realise takeover speculation is good for the club increases fans excitement for the new season encouraging us to spend?
Imagine if they denied a takeover was happening what do you think the reaction would be?
Another question, does the club benefit from takeover talk even if ones not happening?

Let me ask you a question TED? Is it not just possible that you're wrong?
Another question. Can other people simply believe what they like?
Another one. Why are you so determined for people to agree with you? What's wrong with just having a differing view? Another one. Why come on to a "specualtion thread" to just tell people there is nothing happening and not to bother speculating?
Why don't you just avoid the thread?
Do you post on any other thread?
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:48 pm

Ian Taylor ‏@IanTaylor7 · 4 mins4 minutes ago
This is a big big summer for us..... #AVFC #comingsandgoings http://www.kicca.com/IanTaylor7/posts/559a8548cc10edb85551f161

Not a big summer, but a BIG BIG Summer. Wonder what that means. :scratch:
Fpuppys
Fpuppys

Back to top Go down

Post by tbarrules Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:49 pm

Ian Taylor with cryptic tweets .

Does anyone think he would know anything ?
tbarrules

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:49 pm

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 Straw10
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by avfcjoe Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:52 pm

Withes Sweatbands wrote:It seems a very unproffesional email for such a high ranking individual. Look at how the address is set up at the bottom there are missing punctuation marks and commas in some places. It just doesnt seem right in my opinion doesnt look right ... who knows but thats my opinion ...

Just a thought has anyone ever recieved an email from anyone at Villa so they culd compare the style and make up to see if its genuine ...

Here's what it says - Email received in March from a Senior Sales Executive

Aston Villa FC Limited, Aston Villa Football Club Limited and Aston Villa Limited (together "Aston Villa") - Registered Office address Villa Park, Birmingham B6 6HE. Company registration numbers 2502822, 3375789 and 46572 respectively. The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments is intended for the addressee only and may contain legally privileged or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, copy, distribute, alter, or take any action in reliance on the information. Please also notify us immediately on 0121 327 2299, delete the material from your computer and destroy any copies. Aston Villa reserves the right to monitor and record incoming and outgoing email messages for the purposes of investigating or detecting unauthorised use of its system and ensuring its effective operation. Aston Villa will not accept liability for any loss or damage as a result of any virus being passed on. Any opinions expressed in this email or any attachment are those of the individual sender not Aston Villa, except where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorised to state them to be the views of Aston Villa. PLEASE DO NOT INCLUDE YOUR CREDIT OR DEBIT CARD INFORMATION IN ANY EMAILS YOU SEND TO US.
avfcjoe

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:52 pm

This email was circulating last week. It's most probably a fake and certainly not new today. Nowt to see here, as you were.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:59 pm

TED wrote:A new chairman makes no difference.
I really hope this is not the case. If it is our club will continue its decline.
How can WBA get new owners yet for two years we remain a club in crisis unable to attract new investment/owners.

Youve taken a bashing on here today Ted - but I agree with all of the above no takeover means no change.

I don't agree with the last bit - Im pretty sure Lerner wants out - and wants out big time. As we discussed last week though would Lerner be able to spot a good buyer from a bad one.......?

I wonder, if with our best interests at heart, he's set to many ground rules ....?
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:01 pm

None of us know do we but the smoke has a kind of "nothing major" whiff about it regards this meeting.

Having said that i'm trying to get my head around what they would call a meeting for to say "We don't want another relegation scrap this upcoming season and this is how we're hoping to avoid it" (This is what TS intimated was the goal this season in his £100 to Acorns video).

It does seem a little overkill tocall a meet to say that to all the staff as the only thing the club can improve is surely not really involving the backroom staff but rather for Randy/Tom/new Chairman to pull their fingers out and improve the team for once?! The only other way forward has to be with sponsorship deals and the like and the only connection with that i can see regards the general staff is they need to ensure they treat them right and polish up their customer service skills and general demeanor.

The Utterer
The Utterer

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:10 pm

I agree with your first two points wholeheartedly. It will make zero difference. That's why I believe we will be sold. I also know without question that RL wants out ASAP, will be on his terms though and what is right for AVFC have patience and a little faith.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:12 pm

I think the e-mail is made up, I think someone with too much time on their hands is laughing their little nuts off at the time and credence we are giving to this.
Anyone can write or cut and paste a footer to give it credibility. Where is the top of the email to show all recipients?

Even if it is genuine there is nothing wrong in bringing all the staff in for a quick chat before the football year gets under way.

The meeting has just as much chance of Tom and Charlie outlining their plans for future growth, targeting new markets for sponsorship, new Health and Safety legislation, the plans for the recently closed restaurant and by the way you may see or hear things regarding the possible sale of the club. Any changes to your statutory terms and conditions will be communicated to you by your line manager should it be necessary, but at the moment any changes in ownership will not effect the day to day running of the club and your positions.

Should you see or hear anything we remind you that your contract requires you to treat all information as strictly confidential and should there be any leaks an investigationwill be held and the source of the leak will be subject to the disciplinary procedures outlined in the terms and conditions of your contract.

We are looking forward to the new season and our expectations are high for not just the team but for everyone associated with aston villa.

just saying, different perspective Dignitas boys.
South London Villan
South London Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:12 pm

For a start WBA haven't got new owners, they have entered into exclusive talks with a potential buyer.
Fpuppys
Fpuppys

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:14 pm

Dansvilla75 wrote:Yeah I think this is the case, can we survive with the previous levels of investment. Let's hope Lerner changes tact if he is staying as owner and if that email is genuine.

Well decision making needs to improve as well !!.

Lerner can't be such a fool to think he can invest £10m or so in the team this close season - and stay in the prem another season ....just look at last season:-

10 points from the first 4 games (how important was that ?)
A squad which contains experienced pro's such as Delph, Vlaar, Benteke, Cleverley - at least some of which won't be here next year - yet we finished 3 points above the drop zone...

Those are pretty big holes to fill - and the margin for error is pretty small....

smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by DN1982 Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:37 pm

Fpuppys wrote:

For a start WBA haven't got new owners, they have entered into exclusive talks with a potential buyer.

Yeah but it is a known fact only bad news about Villa is true were as all positive news for other clubs is gospel! The end is nigh now that could mean our exclusivity is nearly over or the end of the world is upon us.
DN1982

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next