The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

+93
avfcjoe
LukeWilliamsOBE
hawk190601
noodles
Devon-villa-fan
jeffvilla
Compton Edwards
prmort
pcfbavfcoman
Insane Holte
thinlizzy
GodzoneVilla
worcesterkev
Thinman
Saunders82
De Kuip
bruka
VillaBill
TED
KMitch
lukevilla
Stratfordvilla
VillaSteve
UnclePanda
deadbuzzardalive
Dansvilla75
andrew24561
bazzah
johnny from donny
ejs1111
Peter
gdale1
mark_draper
Andyh
GhostDad
DelboyVilla
Jimmy Villian
The Great white walnut
Gordonsleftboot
Wigteke
Morgan Villa
Born Under The Holte End
smetro
ember
GadgetMan
NARLA24
Villas Trudge
jvilla
ViewFromT2
Desperate Villan
clarryblue
1Elliot
avfc85
Wookster
Poseidon
snakevilla
Mazrim
rosco77
Dgrizzle7
B62 Villa
James_Curtis
The Utterer
viva_la_amo
AntJac
Dions_Bald_Head
South London Villan
Chrissylee1111
Withes Sweatbands
fastbackace
Fpuppys
Cha Ching
Suits
Olofsbeard
Malandro
banneruk
danclare82
Jamie Gray
Mr_Spadge
TheTechniqueSMC
omariqy
keithj
tbarrules
Kakacroom
AVFClee
gdav
DaveAV1
Trotters
AstonThriller
Villa_Dan
HarryAVFC
villabromsgrove
kimbo
Keyser Soze
97 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 3 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by Villas Trudge Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:47 pm

I think the lass on Twitter is just trying to gain media attention. Which she has done, successfully.

Someone stated on Twitter that the kit launch is 11 July, seems very late, anybody know what the past launch dates were? If this is true I cant see us doing this launch before takeover news.
Villas Trudge

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 3 0_star10

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 3 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by Guest Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:49 pm

It's always been more likely with an American investor(s) than a Chinese surely? It's reasonable to think Randolph has more connection to wealthy people in the US than in China. Secondly, I've never seen any good links to this wanda group, it's like it's all wishful thinking about us being taken over by some super rich owner.

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:10 pm

We've seen what American owners do (or try to do) so new owners from the USA would be more of the same depending on their wealth or lack of it.

I think the reason why People are hoping for the "Dalian Wanda" rumour to be true, is that it would take us into the unknown as far as ownership, sponsorship and marketing are concerned.

I have always though that our new owners would be American because Randy would prefer to stay within his comfort zone. He may not have been proven to be very good at business, but at least he knows how it should work.

That doesn't stop me hoping for a game changing takeover.
villabromsgrove

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 3 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:12 pm

Villas Trudge wrote:I think the lass on Twitter is just trying to gain media attention. Which she has done, successfully.

Someone stated on Twitter that the kit launch is 11 July, seems very late, anybody know what the past launch dates were? If this is true I cant see us doing this launch before takeover news.

Been done on Father's Day weekend with a music festival and other activities the last 2 years. This lends more weight to a different approach/ownership (maybe even a different shirt supplier) to me.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 3 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:12 pm

Apologies if this has been debated on recent pages, but a friend was in the VMF Restaurant last week and found out it was being closed in July (we knew that).

Interestingly though, he asked why it was closing, and was told that people had been looking at the revenue streams, and decided it wasn't working!

Would this be part of due dilligence or not? Surely somebody reviewing the books would not be able to make such a decision until they take control?

As VMF was Lerner's project, and a way of giving something back to the local community, I find it hard to accept that he would close this down himself.

So...is the closure of VMF the closest "proof" yet, that we are already in new hands?
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 3 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Olofsbeard Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:21 pm

Well I've been at villa Park today doing some coaching stuff with some kids, had a walk around and got speaking to a coach that used to coach me as a kid. In the press room I asked him why there'd been no presser for Micah Richards, he stumbled on his words then went onto say the photographers in holiday. Then I said it was a decent signing, he said yeah and there should be more when the new American comes in, more money than abramovich.

He went a bit coy after that, didnt to want to talk about anything villa related. I think what he said was a slip of the tongue more than purposeful misplacement considering I hadn't asked him anything about a takeover. Now I wouldn't expect him to know the ins and outs of the boardroom, but he has been at the club over 20 years so I'd expect him to be privy to certain channels of communication.

Now whether what he's been told/heard is right or wrong is up for discussion, but I don't believe he'd actively try to lie to me.

Personal concensus plausible and probable, but I'll believe it when I see it.
Olofsbeard

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 3 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:32 pm

Olofsbeard wrote:Well I've been at villa Park today doing some coaching stuff with some kids, had a walk around and got speaking to a coach that used to coach me as a kid. In the press room I asked him why there'd been no presser for Micah Richards, he stumbled on his words then went onto say the photographers in holiday. Then I said it was a decent signing, he said yeah and there should be more when the new American comes in, more money than abramovich.

He went a bit coy after that, didnt to want to talk about anything villa related. I think what he said was a slip of the tongue more than purposeful misplacement considering I hadn't asked him anything about a takeover. Now I wouldn't expect him to know the ins and outs of the boardroom, but he has been at the club over 20 years so I'd expect  him to be privy to certain channels of communication.

Now whether what he's been told/heard is right or wrong is up for discussion, but I don't believe he'd actively try to lie to me.

Cheers Olof, interesting and hopeful. Ties in wiry other things I've seen and heard/read etc I've always maintained it will be American, just a matter of who and how much wealth/ambition. I think we're approaching the end game. I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again ha! I don't think we will hear much else until an official announcement, which could be any day now for me. If I were to guess, I'd stick to first week of July. Come on Randy let's get this done now so we can all move on and dream a little again!!! Scarf Waving
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:49 pm

Little tit-bit of info:

Mate at work has a friend who is a physio at Villa. He normally comes to me with bits and pieces of info but they normally just back up things already heard here or other forums so I don't tend to share them, just keep them to myself as further confirmation.

But I've just asked him what does his mate know - no specifics on the buyer, but all staff at BMH were sent an email which basically confirms what the press said about exclusivity, adding only that the discussions were at "an advanced stage."

Couldn't help with who it is, but something is deffo on the cards.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:54 pm

GadgetMan wrote:
Olofsbeard wrote:Well I've been at villa Park today doing some coaching stuff with some kids, had a walk around and got speaking to a coach that used to coach me as a kid. In the press room I asked him why there'd been no presser for Micah Richards, he stumbled on his words then went onto say the photographers in holiday. Then I said it was a decent signing, he said yeah and there should be more when the new American comes in, more money than abramovich.

He went a bit coy after that, didnt to want to talk about anything villa related. I think what he said was a slip of the tongue more than purposeful misplacement considering I hadn't asked him anything about a takeover. Now I wouldn't expect him to know the ins and outs of the boardroom, but he has been at the club over 20 years so I'd expect  him to be privy to certain channels of communication.

Cheers Olof, interesting and hopeful. Ties in wiry other things I've seen and heard/read etc I've always maintained it will be American, just a matter of who and how much wealth/ambition. I think we're approaching the end game. I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again ha! I don't think we will hear much else until an official announcement, which could be any day now for me. If I were to guess, I'd stick to first week of July. Come on Randy let's get this done now so we can all move on and dream a little again!!! Scarf Waving

4th July might be a good day...if it is american!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 3 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:55 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:Little tit-bit of info:

Mate at work has a friend who is a physio at Villa. He normally comes to me with bits and pieces of info but they normally just back up things already heard here or other forums so I don't tend to share them, just keep them to myself as further confirmation.

But I've just asked him what does his mate know - no specifics on the buyer, but all staff at BMH were sent an email which basically confirms what the press said about exclusivity, adding only that the discussions were at "an advanced stage."

Couldn't help with who it is, but something is deffo on the cards.  

Scarf Waving

good man!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:02 pm

Thanks for sharing Olof.

I've been thinking about the way "info" gets out when it's clearly not intended to. Amy Christopher's twitter account is a good example of how "info" escapes into the public domain. I'm not saying she's right on this occasion but if you look at the source of all her knowledge it is down to agents.

An agent won't have specific info about AVFC's takeover, but a number of agents may well have had conversations with Villa about players coming in or intending to leave. The people they talk to know that they have to remain tight lipped but sometimes in order to continue to plan and effect player changes info has to be hinted at. In the course of a conversation as "Olof" has just told us, things slip out which were not intended to.

A specific conversation about the Villa takeover is easier to police, because the limited number of people who know will be saying "no comment." When you're talking to agents about players sometimes an innocent remark can give the game away.

Just my thoughts about the latest gossip.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Suits Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:07 pm

The head of media at QPR has just pretty much proved that @EDS_Amy isn't legit.
Suits

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:08 pm

EDS Amy seems reliable 

Hope we have new owners in two weeks then
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 3 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:17 pm

ViewFromT2 wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:

4th July might be a good day...if it is american!

Haha!! July will be a good month.....with the exception of me turning 41.....that won't be fun at all!!!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:21 pm

Suits wrote:The head of media at QPR has just pretty much proved that @EDS_Amy isn't legit.

Yes sadly it looks like she's been outed as a bit of a chancer!! She referred to a meeting she was attending at QPR and he said. What meeting? No meetings arranged, oops!! I wish clubs would do more of this. I'd happily be the social media guy at VP. They tell me stuff and I then dismiss all the BS, I'll even do it for free (if you're reading Tom) 8) AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 3 1662365926
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Suits Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:30 pm

GadgetMan wrote:
Suits wrote:The head of media at QPR has just pretty much proved that @EDS_Amy isn't legit.

Yes sadly it looks like she's been outed as a bit of a chancer!! She referred to a meeting she was attending at QPR and he said. What meeting? No meetings arranged, oops!! I wish clubs would do more of this. I'd happily be the social media guy at VP. They tell me stuff and I then dismiss all the BS, I'll even do it for free (if you're reading Tom) 8) AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 3 1662365926

It's a strange one because she is definitely a director at EDS Sports. Pretty damning on her though that somebody from a club like QPR has showed her up like that.
Suits

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:35 pm

Suits wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:

It's a strange one because she is definitely a director at EDS Sports. Pretty damning on her though that somebody from a club like QPR has showed her up like that.

Unless she blabbed, when she should of kept her trap shut (apparently there are women that do that occasionally Razz )

ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:37 pm

GadgetMan wrote:

I'm not supporting her, I hadn't even heard of her until a couple of hours ago, but just a thought on the QPR media spokesperson's denial. Didn't our own CEO say recently in so many words "takeover? What takeover? I guess Fox said that to throw people off the scent. Club personnel have jobs to do and I guess QPR don't want to have rumours published third hand from agents about Charlie Austin, while they're trying to get top dollar for him.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:43 pm

We've had a couple of sexist posts today. I know they're jokey posts but we do have female posters, who would be entitled to take exception, especially when "periods" are mentioned.

Think before posting guys and girls. AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 3 3769219917
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:52 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:

I'm not supporting her, I hadn't even heard of her until a couple of hours ago, but just a thought on the QPR media spokesperson's denial. Didn't our own CEO say recently in so many words "takeover? What takeover? I guess Fox said that to throw people off the scent. Club personnel have jobs to do and I guess QPR don't want to have rumours published third hand from agents about Charlie Austin, while they're trying to get top dollar for him.

This is true. It was more than manner in which the tweet was said and followed up with "more wannabe ITK" or something like that. I'm always naturally sceptical of anybody knowing so much about so many clubs. Is it possible? This girl and her supposed buisness partner aren't your average faceless ITK however it would appear they may well be after a bit of self promotion. Irrespective of them, there's a lot more to suggest the villa deal is happening than just one tweet from her. In the bigger scheme of things it has zero bearing!!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:53 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:We've had a couple of sexist posts today. I know they're jokey posts but we do have female posters, who would be entitled to take exception, especially when "periods" are mentioned.

Think before posting guys and girls. AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 3 3769219917

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 3 Giphy

Couldn't resist
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cha Ching Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:53 pm

There must be a secret code to twitter that escapes me. I can't see where she has been outed. However, I always seem to see just cryptic tweets that  are obviously replies to some other tweet somewhere.

Is there a twitter course that I could take?
Cha Ching
Cha Ching

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:03 pm

Cha Ching wrote:There must be a secret code to twitter that escapes me. I can't see where she has been outed. However, I always seem to see just cryptic tweets that  are obviously replies to some other tweet somewhere.

Here's a quick guide 99% of the stuff on Twitter is made up, the other 1% is people's opinions haha! Joking aside. Depending what app you're using (the official Twitter app, or another client) then you can click on the tweet and it shows the convo that's been had within the tweet. Often things don't make sense until you've read the flow of the conversation. That said so many things are taken out of context on Twitter anyway (probably for the reasons highlighted by yourself) also unlike a forum, everyone's timeline is different as people follow different accounts, this is lost of people sometimes I think. They'll say "twitters going mental today" and I think, is it?! Why? How? And it's probably to do with a few people they follow that I don't. Funny old place. Great for some things, really bad for others.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by gdav Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:09 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:We've had a couple of sexist posts today. I know they're jokey posts but we do have female posters, who would be entitled to take exception, especially when "periods" are mentioned.

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 3 Giphy

Couldn't resist

Is that cranberry juice???
gdav
gdav

Back to top Go down

Post by Cha Ching Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:11 pm

GadgetMan wrote:
Cha Ching wrote:There must be a secret code to twitter that escapes me. I can't see where she has been outed. However, I always seem to see just cryptic tweets that  are obviously replies to some other tweet somewhere.

Here's a quick guide 99% of the stuff on Twitter is made up, the other 1% is people's opinions haha! Joking aside. Depending what app you're using (the official Twitter app, or another client) then you can click on the tweet and it shows the convo that's been had within the tweet. Often things don't make sense until you've read the flow of the conversation. That said so many things are taken out of context on Twitter anyway (probably for the reasons highlighted by yourself) also unlike a forum, everyone's timeline is different as people follow different accounts, this is lost of people sometimes I think. They'll say "twitters going mental today" and I think, is it?! Why? How? And it's probably to do with a few people they follow that I don't. Funny old place. Great for some things, really bad for others.

Thanks for taking the time to post that (from a grateful old fogie). I'll try to keep up AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 3 1956653425

Cha Ching
Cha Ching

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next