The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

+93
avfcjoe
LukeWilliamsOBE
hawk190601
noodles
Devon-villa-fan
jeffvilla
Compton Edwards
prmort
pcfbavfcoman
Insane Holte
thinlizzy
GodzoneVilla
worcesterkev
Thinman
Saunders82
De Kuip
bruka
VillaBill
TED
KMitch
lukevilla
Stratfordvilla
VillaSteve
UnclePanda
deadbuzzardalive
Dansvilla75
andrew24561
bazzah
johnny from donny
ejs1111
Peter
gdale1
mark_draper
Andyh
GhostDad
DelboyVilla
Jimmy Villian
The Great white walnut
Gordonsleftboot
Wigteke
Morgan Villa
Born Under The Holte End
smetro
ember
GadgetMan
NARLA24
Villas Trudge
jvilla
ViewFromT2
Desperate Villan
clarryblue
1Elliot
avfc85
Wookster
Poseidon
snakevilla
Mazrim
rosco77
Dgrizzle7
B62 Villa
James_Curtis
The Utterer
viva_la_amo
AntJac
Dions_Bald_Head
South London Villan
Chrissylee1111
Withes Sweatbands
fastbackace
Fpuppys
Cha Ching
Suits
Olofsbeard
Malandro
banneruk
danclare82
Jamie Gray
Mr_Spadge
TheTechniqueSMC
omariqy
keithj
tbarrules
Kakacroom
AVFClee
gdav
DaveAV1
Trotters
AstonThriller
Villa_Dan
HarryAVFC
villabromsgrove
kimbo
Keyser Soze
97 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by AVFClee Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:54 pm

That's a shame HH would be a great addition on board a takeover, if we could find out the exact time frame of exclusivity started then we would know when around to expect any news, surely they can't put an ND order on exclusivity agreement?
AVFClee
AVFClee

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 0_star10

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by Fpuppys Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:00 pm

Mazrim wrote:A few points. I'd say there are easily 321 thousand Villa fans in the West Midlands, but getting them to matches, buying merch, etc is not so easy.

I have absolutely no problems with the right Chinese owners or investors. The noises are suggesting Americans but I have no idea who it is or where they're from.

Americans are or can be, very secretive. Look no further than our current owner. If it wasn't for stock market regs you would have only known about him when he had walked through the doors.

So 1 in 17 people in the west midlands support Aston Villa, I'm not saying you're wrong, 5.5m people live in the west midlands (children, adults and OAP)

The average age for supporting a club would be "IMO, around 8" most of these are more likely to be fans of bigger clubs, Chelsea, Man U, Man City and so one.

Then the adults, if you were born in the late 60's to early 70's you would have been told who to support (never forget you dad and THANKS)

OAP'S we like most teams have a good following off people over 65/70, That's called Heritage and we should be proud of that.

Now out of 5.5m people in the west midlands only 30% "say" follow football on regular basis, 30% would mean we have 1.5M Football fans in the west midlands alone that support Villa, disregarding all the other great teams like Stourbridge fc, Kidderminster Harriers fuck even Walsall town, surely they play a part of the 30%.
Fpuppys
Fpuppys

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:07 pm

Why are we laughing at HH is merely on a break?
DaveAV1

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:14 pm

Gregg Evans (Birmingham Mail journalist) said on twitter last night that he believes there's one week left of exclusivity. Maybe just a guess, I don't know.
deadbuzzardalive

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by 1Elliot Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:20 pm

DaveAV1 wrote:Why are we laughing at HH is merely on a break?

Razz AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 3769219917 Beer AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 498107619
1Elliot
1Elliot

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:20 pm

Maybe it's been mentioned elsewhere but apparently. James Nursey has an exclusive coming up.
deadbuzzardalive

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:22 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Gregg Evans (Birmingham Mail journalist) said on twitter last night that he believes there's one week left of exclusivity. Maybe just a guess, I don't know.

I reckon he may well be pretty close with that. I'm with Gregg on this one.

I'm convinced some of the press know what's going on (to a point) and are keeping it under wraps for an exclusive when it's announced. A subtle change in tact and tone by a few of the Villa journos when it comes to speaking (or not so as the case may be) of the takeover. My theory anyway, It's no more far fetched than some of the stuff *spoken/made up/heard/rumoured

*Delete as you see fit.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:22 pm

Just a thought....but could the current 'delay' be down to the Premier League conducting their fit and proper test?
How long does that take...anybody know?

I imagine all of that side of things will be completed in advance of any announcement...so are we merely awaiting that?

Weren't there rumours back in April time that we were in due diligence back then? Cant still be going on surely?

ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:24 pm

ViewFromT2 wrote:Just a thought....but could the current 'delay' be down to the Premier League conducting their fit and proper test?

I imagine all of that side of things will be completed in advance of any announcement...so are we merely awaiting that?

Weren't there rumours back in April time that we were in due diligence back then? Cant still be going on surely?

Could be a number of things 'holding it up' or it may not be delayed at all and right on schedule, all this we don't know. I think we will soon though!!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:25 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Maybe it's been mentioned elsewhere but apparently. James Nursey has an exclusive coming up.

Haha Uncanny, take a read of my post directly after yours. Where have you heard he has an exclusive? Re Villa or what?
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by 1Elliot Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:33 pm

GadgetMan wrote:
deadbuzzardalive wrote:Gregg Evans (Birmingham Mail journalist) said on twitter last night that he believes there's one week left of exclusivity. Maybe just a guess, I don't know.

I reckon he may well be pretty close with that. I'm with Gregg on this one.

I'm convinced some of the press know what's going on (to a point) and are keeping it under wraps for an exclusive when it's announced. A subtle change in tact and tone by a few of the Villa journos when it comes to speaking (or not so as the case may be) of the takeover. My theory anyway, It's no more far fetched than some of the stuff *spoken/made up/heard/rumoured

*Delete as you see fit.

The silence from the press is almost deafening, they must know more but have been swore to silence otherwise every Tom, Dick & Harry mentioned on here would have had a mention ... Not long now Scarf Waving
1Elliot
1Elliot

Back to top Go down

Post by tbarrules Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:34 pm

If Nursey Does have Exclusive wasn't He the One that Told us about The Chinese Bid?

He must be Close to The people?
tbarrules

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostDad Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:36 pm

ViewFromT2 wrote:Just a thought....but could the current 'delay' be down to the Premier League conducting their fit and proper test?

unfortunately the "Fit and Proper Persons Test" is no more than a self assesment form, hence the amount of of crooks and crackpots running football clubs these days.
GhostDad
GhostDad

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:37 pm

Apologies about the Nursey thing. It's all over twitter that he has an exclusive in tomorrows Mirror. But looking into it, it doesn't look likes he's tweeted anything about it himself. Even if it's true it might not have anything to do with the takeover I guess.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by jvilla Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:39 pm

jvilla
jvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:43 pm

tbarrules wrote:If Nursey Does have Exclusive wasn't He the One that Told us about The Chinese Bid?

Just read into this. It's an announced by someone at the Mirror as a Villa Exclusive in the paper tomorrow. Won't be anything significant. Maybe a sit down with Ray Wilkins, something like that. If it were a newsworthy story, it would be released as Breaking News, so they could be first. BIG news doesn't happen this way. Let's see what get's reported after 10pm tonight, I wouldn't hold your breath.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by tbarrules Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:44 pm

Seems It's True .

I think it's Players as he isn't clued up on The takeover. He did mention Chinese but Nothing else.

It may be Takeover News as Embargo might Still be An issue So don't Rule it out.
tbarrules

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:47 pm

tbarrules wrote:Seems It's True .

I think it's Players as he isn't clued up on The takeover. He did mention Chinese but Nothing else.

It may be Takeover News as Embargo might Still be An issue So don't Rule it out.

Pretty certain it won't be embargoed news, as they wouldn't be able to announce they have an 'exclusive' with embargo's there's a total blackout until an agreed time by all parties.

Will be a wooly piece on a transfer target or as I said an interview with Wilkins, nothing too telling or revealing, just trying to shift a few papers.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:52 pm

GadgetMan wrote:
tbarrules wrote:If Nursey Does have Exclusive wasn't He the One that Told us about The Chinese Bid?

Just read into this. It's an announced by someone at the Mirror as a Villa Exclusive in the paper tomorrow. Won't be anything significant. Maybe a sit down with Ray Wilkins, something like that. If it were a newsworthy story, it would be released as Breaking News, so they could be first. BIG news doesn't happen this way. Let's see what get's reported after 10pm tonight, I wouldn't hold your breath.

Telegraph or the Guardian to break the news followed by OS and the SSN, that's my guess 🤦
Fpuppys
Fpuppys

Back to top Go down

Post by tbarrules Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:53 pm

GadgetMan wrote:

Pretty certain it won't be embargoed news, as they wouldn't be able to announce they have an 'exclusive' with embargo's there's a total blackout until an agreed time by all parties.

Will be a wooly piece on a transfer target or as I said an interview with Wilkins, nothing too telling or revealing, just trying to shift a few papers.

The Chinese Interest was published after The Embargo. He wouldn't Have published That without getting Permission to do So.

Could be a total Embargo with all Press So he might Not Be the only One with the exclusive.
tbarrules

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:00 pm

tbarrules wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:

The Chinese Interest was published after The Embargo. He wouldn't Have published That without getting Permission to do So.

Could be a total Embargo with all Press So he might Not Be the only One with the exclusive.

What! all the press know about this take over and all signed NDA'S, unlikely, maybe one or two but anymore than that would be suicide to a seller or buyer. AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 1715320296
Fpuppys
Fpuppys

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:04 pm

It's probably an interview with his best (only) mate Paul Lambert....
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:08 pm

tbarrules wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:

We don't know there's an embargo. It's pure speculation at this stage. He wouldn't need to get approval to say there's another party interested. It's just newspaper gossip. An embargo is often agreed where by it suits all parites, ie the club wish to keep something quiet, but in return they would give papers access to certain stories afterwards or why keep it quiet? Plus not all do. I'm no expert on embargos, I'll see if I can find a good article on how they work.

This 'exclusive' will be something tame. Plus Nursey knows bugger all about Villa these days.

Last edited by GadgetMan on Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:08 pm

ViewFromT2 wrote:It's probably an interview with his best (only) mate Paul Lambert....

Just joked about that on Twitter haha!!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissylee1111 Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:40 pm

It will be a pi55 poor interview with TF. I was talking to a mate about villa the other day, we villa fans haven't half put up with some rubbish. It is so wrong that I get relieved that the season is over. I hope this news breaks soon as we all need some good news and we can concentrate on getting ready for next season.
Chrissylee1111

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next