The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

+96
rosco77
bruka
Paul mcgrath(GOD)
UrmstonVilla
Andyh
fastbackace
The Utterer
Gordonsleftboot
Thinman
River
LukeWilliamsOBE
Davidvilla73
prmort
Dions_Bald_Head
Thabucks
aberdarevilla
jeffvilla
Withes Sweatbands
snitum
thinlizzy
DelboyVilla
KMitch
VillaBill
snakevilla
Mr_Spadge
ROTTERDAM1982
Peter
Kakacroom
B62 Villa
Billy Walker
aboclaretandblue
brummieboy
Jae1411
Jimmycarr
Villas Trudge
Wriggle
Leafs1201
UnclePanda
edwarfa1
avfc85
vbm
Chrissylee1111
Trysullvilla
andrew24561
gdav
AntJac
Sky
jvilla
worcesterkev
Born Under The Holte End
DN1982
Mikethevillan
GhostDad
StringGhost
LVBrit
Fpuppys
danclare82
ember
bazzah
Cha Ching
banneruk
keithj
Olofsbeard
Poseidon
tbarrules
TED
deadbuzzardalive
1Elliot
mark_draper
NARLA24
Dgrizzle7
Jamie Gray
Keyser Soze
South London Villan
thegaffer6
TheTechniqueSMC
Dansvilla75
Villa_Dan
Wookster
Trotters
Rawlie
clarryblue
lukevilla
AVFClee
kimbo
DaveAV1
Morgan Villa
ViewFromT2
Suits
viva_la_amo
Villa jimmy
GadgetMan
villabromsgrove
Mazrim
HarryAVFC
smetro
100 posters

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 8 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by GadgetMan Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:04 pm

South London Villan wrote:Who are the Villa faces? Any clues?

I know who the other posters think he is, but this is dud and outdated info and I won't say his name as a result. Obviously your decision on what and who you believe, however I don't believe the last few pages info to be correct (I do believe the individuals are passing it on in good faith though and believe it to be true and I their input is appreciated)  AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 8 3769219917

Last edited by GadgetMan on Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 8 4_star10

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 8 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by ViewFromT2 Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:04 pm

Guys, one thing I have learnt since Lerner put us up for sale...is that relevant info is never...ever leaked from Villa Park.

The story in the paper this week regarding exclusivity hasn't even been confirmed by the club. Nobody can be certain at what stage we are at.

I do believe that we are on the verge of being sold....but.....is it not strange that all of a sudden this rumour has surfaced from a couple of sources? It may well be true...I hope it is, but I'm thinking this is another classic 'leak' from within to throw us would-be hounds off the scent!

ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 8 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by bazzah Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:06 pm

ViewFromT2 wrote:Guys, one thing I have learnt since Lerner put us up for sale...is that relevant info is never...ever leaked from Villa Park.

The story in the paper this week regarding exclusivity hasn't even been confirmed by the club. Nobody can be certain at what stage we are at.

I do believe that we are on the verge of being sold....but.....is it not strange that all of a sudden this rumour has surfaced from a couple of sources? It may well be true...I hope it is, but I'm thinking this is another classic 'leak' from within to throw us would-be hounds off the scent!

Steve Stride?
bazzah

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 8 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by bazzah Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:08 pm

ViewFromT2 wrote:Guys, one thing I have learnt since Lerner put us up for sale...is that relevant info is never...ever leaked from Villa Park.

Leak or no leak. If it was untrue the club would have to come out and deny exclusivity, surely? Exclusivity could put off any potential bidders considering us?
bazzah

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 8 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:09 pm

bazzah wrote:

Leak or no leak.  If it was untrue the club would have to come out and deny exclusivity, surely?  Exclusivity could put off any potential bidders considering us?

That's a very good point I hadn't considered....and yes you would think so.

But you get my point though?
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 8 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Cha Ching Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:13 pm

If we are to be self-sufficient, then we're in trouble. We were run down by Lerner to the extent that we can no longer compete with the likes of Stoke and Swansea. We can't turn that around from such a low base with just generated income.
Cha Ching
Cha Ching

Back to top Go down

Post by ember Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:14 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Prof Simon Chadwick ‏@Prof_Chadwick 8h8 hours ago
Have just been told that effectively 'the ball's now in Villa's court'

Don't know about this guy but he has a lot of followers.

What the fuck is that cryptic bullshit meant to mean?
ember
ember

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:16 pm

bazzah wrote:

Leak or no leak.  If it was untrue the club would have to come out and deny exclusivity, surely?  Exclusivity could put off any potential bidders considering us?

Nick Howson who interviewed TF and published it yesterday told me he asked and it wasn't denied. Make of that what you will.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 8 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by tbarrules Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:16 pm

Cha Ching wrote:If we are to be self-sufficient, then we're in trouble. We were run down by Lerner to the extent that we can no longer compete with the likes of Stoke and Swansea. We can't turn that around from such a low base with just generated income.

Also Self Sufficient outside of London isn't possible.
tbarrules

Back to top Go down

Post by danclare82 Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:18 pm

Does chrissylee still believe in his friends info which was past last week before all this new info came out?
danclare82
danclare82

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:19 pm

tbarrules wrote:
Cha Ching wrote:If we are to be self-sufficient, then we're in trouble. We were run down by Lerner to the extent that we can no longer compete with the likes of Stoke and Swansea. We can't turn that around from such a low base with just generated income.

Also Self Sufficient outside of London isn't possible.

I beg to differ, we're pretty much there now. Being self sufficient and competing in the top half is far more of a challenge though. Would take considerable growth, however not impossible.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by ember Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:20 pm

Also, agree with the sentiment that if these new owners aren't going to come in and front load the club with cash to immediately improve the team then we are no better off.

"Self-sufficiency" and not bumping around the bottom of the table/getting relegated are years away. I'll reserve judgement, obviously, but I fear what has been put out so far indicates us competing with Palace and Stoke, at best.
ember
ember

Back to top Go down

Post by mark_draper Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:20 pm

It will be no millionaires playground but it will be significantly more prosperous than what Lerner has been spending the past couple of years.

It's definitely an improvement.
mark_draper

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:20 pm

The very rich are different from you and me. They know when to shut up for a start. Usually it  happens when there is business to be done. The very rich do not talk; they act. And if they buy a football club, the first anyone gets to hear of it is a snap on Sky Sports News.

Makes good reading for those that are bored:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2288760/Let-money-talking-buying-football-club-like-Arsenal--Martin-Samuel.html
Fpuppys
Fpuppys

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:21 pm

This discussion was had yesterday. Any buyer knows an initial outlay is needed to get us competitive again, the mid to long term aim will be self sufficiency by any buyer. The key thing is the initial investment to right the damage done over the last 4 years or so.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:23 pm

bazzah wrote:

exctly right bazzah, it would put others off, no way is the exclusivity thing bull shit imo.

Back to top Go down

Post by ember Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:25 pm

mark_draper wrote:It will be no millionaires playground but it will be significantly more prosperous than what Lerner has been spending the past couple of years.

An improvement on the last couple of years? He's spent pretty much fuck all for the last couple of years so that's hardly cause for a street party. If you said we could see the kind of investment Lerner made when he first arrived, I'd actually be more optimistic.
ember
ember

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:31 pm

Fpuppys wrote:The very rich are different from you and me. They know when to shut up for a start. Usually it  happens when there is business to be done. The very rich do not talk; they act. And if they buy a football club, the first anyone gets to hear of it is a snap on Sky Sports News.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2288760/Let-money-talking-buying-football-club-like-Arsenal--Martin-Samuel.html

Spot On fella....I don't think this particular Chinese thing will happen on the very basis that the likes of this forum are discussing it. I think it's another red herring. It may well be that we end up under Chinese owners...but I don't mind betting it will be a different group than the one rumoured right now.
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by bazzah Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:32 pm

ViewFromT2 wrote:
bazzah wrote:

That's a very good point I hadn't considered....and yes you would think so.

But you get my point though?

Yes absolutely. But in fairness I think the club don't have to confirm or deny anything. If there are other interested buyers, serious or tentative, I guess you'd find out whether your bid would be considered and at what point the process was at, and even what (not necessarily but possibly who - and that's why NDA's exist) you were up against. My guess is that this is exactly what the journos have done - possibly acting as "fake" bidders or getting industry contacts with financial clout to pose as prospective bidders before pulling out at the "serious bid" stage? The club probably know that this is happening and don't need to communicate anything until a deal is signed.

This "exclusivity" guff could be a long drawn out process and there's a possibility that exclusivity could be granted to another party if there are more than 1 bid on the table?
bazzah

Back to top Go down

Post by TheTechniqueSMC Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:33 pm

Anyone who is buying a football club in this era and for £180m isn't coming here to think about self sufficiency in the immediate future there hear to be successful first and foremost. So to even mention self sufficiency and to say things like "It will be no millionaires playground but it will be significantly more prosperous than what Lerner has been spending the past couple of years" Clearly hasn't got a scooby of what is going on anymore than I do.

The reality of the situation is we're in an era of football takeovers that are linked to success now IF a multi-billionaire is looking to buy a club there not here to sit on there hands and expect miracles to happen! Like someone else mentioned "the RICH ACT they don't think"
TheTechniqueSMC
TheTechniqueSMC

Back to top Go down

Post by Suits Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:36 pm

TheTechniqueSMC wrote:Anyone who is buying a football club in this era and for £180m isn't coming here to think about self sufficiency in the immediate future there hear to be successful first and foremost. So to even mention self sufficiency and to say things like "It will be no millionaires playground but it will be significantly more prosperous than what Lerner has been spending the past couple of years" Clearly hasn't got a scooby of what is going on anymore than I do.

The reality of the situation is we're in an era of football takeovers that are linked to success now IF  a multi-billionaire is looking to buy a club there not here to sit on there hands and expect miracles to happen! Like someone else mentioned "the RICH ACT they don't think"

That's a bit condescending towards the original poster, I'm sure he was just passing on what he'd been told. Not every football club is taken over by Multi-Billionaires so it's hardly an alien idea to think they may want the club to be self-sufficient to some extent.
Suits

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:39 pm

bazzah wrote:Yes absolutely.  But in fairness I think the club don't have to confirm or deny anything.  If there are other interested buyers, serious or tentative, I guess you'd find out whether your bid would be considered and at what point the process was at, and even what (not necessarily but possibly who - and that's why NDA's exist) you were up against.  My guess is that this is exactly what the journos have done - possibly acting as "fake" bidders or getting industry contacts with financial clout to pose as prospective bidders before pulling out at the "serious bid" stage?  The club probably know that this is happening and don't need to communicate anything until a deal is signed.

This "exclusivity" guff could be a long drawn out process and there's a possibility that exclusivity could be granted to another party if there are more than 1 bid on the table?

Dunno mate, very 'green' when it comes to business...but I would of thought the term 'exclusivity' would suggest it can only be awarded to one party at a time?
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:42 pm

ViewFromT2 wrote:
bazzah wrote:Yes absolutely.  But in fairness I think the club don't have to confirm or deny anything.  If there are other interested buyers, serious or tentative, I guess you'd find out whether your bid would be considered and at what point the process was at, and even what (not necessarily but possibly who - and that's why NDA's exist) you were up against.  My guess is that this is exactly what the journos have done - possibly acting as "fake" bidders or getting industry contacts with financial clout to pose as prospective bidders before pulling out at the "serious bid" stage?  The club probably know that this is happening and don't need to communicate anything until a deal is signed.

Dunno mate, very 'green' when it comes to business...but I would of thought the term 'exclusivity' would suggest it can only be awarded to one party at a time?

You can define it in many ways to cover many things ie we won't talk to anyone else, or it coukd mean we won't accept another bid, or it could mean only one part has access to certain stages of the DD process. It depends on the context. In this scenario I think it's likely to mean there's a preferred bid and theirs to lose. As I said Tom Fox could of denied it yesterday but didn't. It's a loose term though and could contain a number of clauses and conditions (that none of us know)
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:46 pm

ViewFromT2 wrote:
Fpuppys wrote:The very rich are different from you and me. They know when to shut up for a start. Usually it  happens when there is business to be done. The very rich do not talk; they act. And if they buy a football club, the first anyone gets to hear of it is a snap on Sky Sports News.

Spot On fella....I don't think this particular Chinese thing will happen on the very basis that the likes of this forum are discussing it. I think it's another red herring. It may well be that we end up under Chinese owners...but I don't mind betting it will be a different group than the one rumoured right now.

£1.00 on ellison?

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:46 pm

mark_draper wrote:It will be no millionaires playground but it will be significantly more prosperous than what Lerner has been spending the past couple of years.

If that's the case i'm throwing a name into the hat "David Dein" Fishing
Fpuppys
Fpuppys

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next