The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

+60
LukeWilliamsOBE
Saunders82
Thabucks
ejs1111
B62 Villa
mark_draper
AntJac
Thinman
Mikethevillan
Jimmycarr
banneruk
Saunders
TED
Synopsis
hawk190601
The Utterer
deadbuzzardalive
GodzoneVilla
Olofsbeard
andrew24561
Sky
AVFClee
Cha Ching
South London Villan
lukevilla
Dions_Bald_Head
Chrissylee1111
tbarrules
ViewFromT2
DaveAV1
DelboyVilla
avfc85
VTID85
VillaBill
Wookster
HarryAVFC
gdale1
Dazzle
LVBrit
smetro
Leafs1201
AstonThriller
gdav
villabromsgrove
Dgrizzle7
Villa jimmy
ember
Trotters
Suits
NARLA24
Villa_Dan
GadgetMan
jvilla
UrmstonVilla
mefromhere
dsmiggy
kimbo
Mazrim
viva_la_amo
Poseidon
64 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by smetro Wed May 27, 2015 9:40 am

ViewFromT2 wrote:
Chrissylee1111 wrote:But would "moving to plan B" hold up any sale for the future? Many were saying that we are sold and we shall see more news after the FA cup final, it is obvious that we are not even close to being sold. I did not expect Lerner to come and say that we are sold, but based on his statements of old, I would say that we are miles off. If he is having talks then by the sounds of things it is very early on, the only reason for the statement was because of the FA cup final and wanting to give the fans a little hope.

One thing I learnt last year. Nobody knows what's going on....nobody. Not even the journo's. They will pick up bits they are fed...but they are only fed what the club wants people to know. Villa is a very tightly run ship...nothing comes out, nothing....then all of a sudden a name is leaked to the press of a potential buyer?...nah, don't think so! That's not how Lerner, nor the Villa operate. If/when any deal goes through...you can guarantee the press won't have had a sniff in advance.

Unfortunately a lot of people (particularly on here and on Twitter), like to profess that they know stuff...in reality, they are just blokes like the rest of us that know nothing at all. Most of them will lay claim to being 'right' about something, but conveniently forget (or delete) everything they were way off with!!
It's quite funny cos all of the "info" tends to come from the same one or two places....and you can prove this yourself by making something up at random, them dropping crumbs in specific places.....you'll be amazed how quickly your bullshit becomes ITK!!!

I disagree, I think the name of our new owner will be known months before they take up the reigns.
The reason we don't have a 'Name' at the moment is that no one is remotley close to buying us.
smetro
smetro

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 4_star10

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by jvilla Wed May 27, 2015 9:52 am

Hang on - from the journo that interviewed Lerner

Matt Dickinson ‏@DickinsonTimes
@AVFCTransTweet two parties in serious talks re buying but it's down to them to step up now

"In serious talks.." that is news direct from the owner is it not? If so then we are actually quite close to a takeover. Randy would not be having serious talks with buyers who did not meet his criteria.
jvilla
jvilla

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Wed May 27, 2015 9:59 am

jvilla wrote:Hang on - from the journo that interviewed Lerner

@AVFCTransTweet two parties in serious talks re buying but it's down to them to step up now

"In serious talks.." that is news direct from the owner is it not? If so then we are actually quite close to a takeover. Randy would not be having serious talks with buyers who did not meet his criteria.

If you are in 'serious' talks...why would you need to 'step up'?

Serious talks, to me at least means they've already stepped up.

Initial enquiries requires a step up....no?
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed May 27, 2015 10:00 am

The "step up" bit caught my eye, too. And my first thought was that it wasn't about the takeover price but about their commitment moving forward. Sounds like he'll make a decision based on who makes the better promises.

Though quite how you put long term intention into a contract, I don't know. Maybe it's tangible stuff like a new North Stand?

Whatever it is, it'd be nice to hear the stories behind all this once it's done and dusted.
Trotters
Trotters

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by jvilla Wed May 27, 2015 10:02 am

Glass half full or empty, it is good to have something to discuss.

Stepping up = make a flippin decent offer in line with what I want.

Fact that there are 2 serious buyers means that Randy is in a position of strength to make the demands that he wants.
jvilla
jvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed May 27, 2015 10:05 am

smetro wrote:
ViewFromT2 wrote:
Chrissylee1111 wrote:But would "moving to plan B" hold up any sale for the future? Many were saying that we are sold and we shall see more news after the FA cup final, it is obvious that we are not even close to being sold. I did not expect Lerner to come and say that we are sold, but based on his statements of old, I would say that we are miles off. If he is having talks then by the sounds of things it is very early on, the only reason for the statement was because of the FA cup final and wanting to give the fans a little hope.

One thing I learnt last year. Nobody knows what's going on....nobody. Not even the journo's. They will pick up bits they are fed...but they are only fed what the club wants people to know. Villa is a very tightly run ship...nothing comes out, nothing....then all of a sudden a name is leaked to the press of a potential buyer?...nah, don't think so! That's not how Lerner, nor the Villa operate. If/when any deal goes through...you can guarantee the press won't have had a sniff in advance.

Unfortunately a lot of people (particularly on here and on Twitter), like to profess that they know stuff...in reality, they are just blokes like the rest of us that know nothing at all. Most of them will lay claim to being 'right' about something, but conveniently forget (or delete) everything they were way off with!!
It's quite funny cos all of the "info" tends to come from the same one or two places....and you can prove this yourself by making something up at random, them dropping crumbs in specific places.....you'll be amazed how quickly your bullshit becomes ITK!!!

I disagree, I think the name of our new owner will be known months before they take up the reigns.
The reason we don't have a 'Name' at the moment is that no one is remotley close to buying us.

Why months? We've no right to know the name at any point and they've got no obligation to tell us. It isn't publicly traded like under Doug so no rules around announcing names.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by jvilla Wed May 27, 2015 10:09 am

If the said serious buyers are also looking at west brom then they must be waiting for the season to finish proper as an FA cup and Europe has a few implications for the following season - mostly a larger squad - so maybe they need to factor this in to any package they put to Randy dearest - especially if he's made any demands about investing in the squad. Or they are both time wasters and can do one, while Fox gets on with things.
jvilla
jvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissylee1111 Wed May 27, 2015 10:17 am

The comment about two very interested buyers did not come from Lerner. To be honest I see it as being lazy journalism, Lerner states that he has had interest from all over the globe, the journalist denotes from the comment that we have two very interested buyers. I would assume that the buyers last year were at more of a advanced stage that the ones now. Many have said that we will know at the end of the season, then after the cup final, I bet the next will be when the players return for training.
Chrissylee1111

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by hawk190601 Wed May 27, 2015 10:18 am

Has anyone thought that Randy might still want some kind of acting role at the club and that he is looking for someone to
do the running side whilst supporting through investment. All he has said is that he will step down as Chairman. To me it sounds like he has someone lined up to take over and just wants to finalize the process/structure that will be put in place once the takeover/handover has taken place.

Any thoughts on who it might be?
hawk190601

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by jvilla Wed May 27, 2015 10:22 am

Chrissylee1111 wrote:The comment about two very interested buyers did not come from Lerner. To be honest I see it as being lazy journalism, Lerner states that he has had interest from all over the globe, the journalist denotes from the comment that we have two very interested buyers. I would assume that the buyers last year were at more of a advanced stage that the ones now. Many have said that we will know at the end of the season, then after the cup final, I bet the next will be when the players return for training.

To be straight about this - the journo spoke to Lerner and even asked him to name the buyers hence:

"did ask but sadly not (unsurprisingly). Was told funding from China/USA but also English footballing involvement"

So for him to say they are serious buyers is not lazy journalism, it is purely reporting of an interview with the most senior source possible in this entire story - how this can just be casually waved away I don't really understand.
jvilla
jvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 27, 2015 10:24 am

hawk190601 wrote:Has anyone thought that Randy might still want some kind of acting role at the club and that he is looking for someone to  
do the running side whilst supporting through investment.  All he has said is that he will step down as Chairman.  To me it sounds like he has someone lined up to take over and just wants to finalize the process/structure that will be put in place once the takeover/handover has taken place.

Any thoughts on who it might be?

no thoughts who it might be but ive thought the same in regards to him still being at the club in some capacity

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Wed May 27, 2015 10:25 am

Chrissylee1111 wrote:The comment about two very interested buyers did not come from Lerner. To be honest I see it as being lazy journalism, Lerner states that he has had interest from all over the globe, the journalist denotes from the comment that we have two very interested buyers. I would assume that the buyers last year were at more of a advanced stage that the ones now. Many have said that we will know at the end of the season, then after the cup final, I bet the next will be when the players return for training.

Exactly...journo's don't know shit....apart from what they are 'allowed' to know by the club.
Lazy journalism is spot on....is there any other kind when it comes to football?

He has attached the 2 serious buyers 'story' from a couple of weeks ago onto this interview with Lerner....to create his own mythical production. How many of Villa fans bought The Times today I wonder, probably for the first time ever...cos they charge you to read stuff online?....mission accomplished I'd say!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by jvilla Wed May 27, 2015 10:29 am

Oh yes, the public are completely naive! Erm, this all stems from an interview with Randy Lerner, you know, the owner, he is quoted as the source for this information that you are now reading with your very eyes. Not being funny here, but you can take a glass half empty approach all you like, but the only possible deception going on here is what Randy wants to peddle and that's a question of if you trust what Randy says. If you want an example of lazy journalism go onto goal.com. Also, who's bought the times? It was all published online and shared on every forum last night...
jvilla
jvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Wed May 27, 2015 10:31 am

jvilla wrote:Oh yes, the public are completely naive! Erm, this all stems from an interview with Randy Lerner, you know, the owner, he is quoted as the source for this information that you are now reading with your very eyes. Not being funny here, but you can take a glass half empty approach all you like, but the only possible deception going on here is what Randy wants to peddle and that's a question of if you trust what Randy says. If you want an example of lazy journalism go onto goal.com. Also, who's bought the times? It was all published online and shared on every forum last night...

You're missing the point...Lerner never mentioned 2 buyers....the journo added that on Twitter afterwards!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissylee1111 Wed May 27, 2015 10:31 am

Surely any potential buyer can see past Europe, if that is the case then they are very short sited. The problem is that we can all spin a article to be in favour or against a takeover, I am in the court that there are no impending takeover, all I am willing to bet on is that we are for sale. One other thing worth noting is that why would Lerner insist that they complete quickly, I would assume that he would pull out of the deal and wait another year?
Chrissylee1111

Back to top Go down

Post by Synopsis Wed May 27, 2015 10:32 am

Seems to me that one thing Randy has been good at is controlling fans backlash. I think he knows he isn't going to find a buyer in time for next season and is thinking I don't do sweet FA as chairman other than sign very small cheques and for the price of a wage, me stepping down as chairman is likely to keep the fans in check for another season. Ever the pessimist me Wink
Synopsis
Synopsis

Back to top Go down

Post by jvilla Wed May 27, 2015 10:33 am

ViewFromT2 wrote:
jvilla wrote:Oh yes, the public are completely naive! Erm, this all stems from an interview with Randy Lerner, you know, the owner, he is quoted as the source for this information that you are now reading with your very eyes. Not being funny here, but you can take a glass half empty approach all you like, but the only possible deception going on here is what Randy wants to peddle and that's a question of if you trust what Randy says. If you want an example of lazy journalism go onto goal.com. Also, who's bought the times? It was all published online and shared on every forum last night...

You're missing the point...Lerner never mentioned 2 buyers....the journo added that on Twitter afterwards!

Erm, the journo published after doing a candid interview with the owner of Aston Villa, if you are going to believe any journo at any stage of this whole darned process, then this one is a pretty good shot. Which other journo has interviewed Randy lately?
jvilla
jvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed May 27, 2015 10:34 am

Maybe. We aren't the only club for sale in the UK and Europe. Desirable? Yes. Within reason.

Trouble is, Reason and Randy don't go together.
Trotters
Trotters

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed May 27, 2015 10:38 am

ViewFromT2 wrote:
jvilla wrote:Hang on - from the journo that interviewed Lerner

If you are in 'serious' talks...why would you need to 'step up'?

Serious talks, to me at least means they've already stepped up.

Initial enquiries requires a step up....no?

To me that means we have 2 expressions of interest (at best). I don't think we are much further forward than May 2014. Lerners still looks to be touting for a buyer to me.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Wed May 27, 2015 10:38 am

jvilla wrote:
ViewFromT2 wrote:

Erm, the journo published after doing a candid interview with the owner of Aston Villa, if you are going to believe any journo at any stage of this whole darned process, then this one is a pretty good shot. Which other journo has interviewed Randy lately?

Exactly! AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 1558371468

........and Lerner never mentioned any buyers....just that he has had interest from around the world. The only thing we actually learnt from this interview, is that Lerner is still alive!

The 2 serious buyers bit is rumour.
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Wed May 27, 2015 10:44 am

I think this quote from Lerner would answer all questions with regards where we are in the process:

"This year Plan A remains to find a buyer"

ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissylee1111 Wed May 27, 2015 10:45 am

How can Lerner ask for a speedy completion? This bit made me laugh.
Chrissylee1111

Back to top Go down

Post by jvilla Wed May 27, 2015 10:47 am

ViewFromT2 wrote:
jvilla wrote:
ViewFromT2 wrote:

Exactly! AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 1558371468

........and Lerner never mentioned any buyers....just that he has had interest from around the world. The only thing we actually learnt from this interview, is that Lerner is still alive!

The 2 serious buyers bit is rumour.

I think we're splitting hairs here. A journalist publishes a story, an exlcusive interview with Randy - Randy gets approval of the text before it goes to print. The published story is not an exact transcript of an interview. The journalist is quaified to make assumptions after speaking with the owner - he has just interviewed the main player in the entire story. You're questioning the journo's interpretation. If he's such a lazy journalist then why didn't he come out and say Randy's considering offers from 5 different countries? 5's better than 2 no? Anyhoos - we'll think of it differently no doubt.
jvilla
jvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Wed May 27, 2015 10:49 am

jvilla wrote:

I think we're splitting hairs here. A journalist publishes a story, an exlcusive interview with Randy - Randy gets approval of the text before it goes to print. The published story is not an exact transcript of an interview. The journalist is quaified to make assumptions after speaking with the owner - he has just interviewed the main player in the entire story. You're questioning the journo's interpretation. If he's such a lazy journalist then why didn't he come out and say Randy's considering offers from 5 different countries? 5's better than 2 no? Anyhoos - we'll think of it differently no doubt.

So he read between the lines....and made his own version up?

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 20 50815218

Agree to disagree?
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed May 27, 2015 10:54 am

ViewFromT2 wrote:
jvilla wrote:
ViewFromT2 wrote:

........and Lerner never mentioned any buyers....just that he has had interest from around the world. The only thing we actually learnt from this interview, is that Lerner is still alive!The 2 serious buyers bit is rumour.

And that we are getting a new chairman and some new board members. All the rest is just a repeat of last years stuff.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next