The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Christian Benteke

+81
villain57
George
Leafs1201
Deano69
VTID85
WendyOz
avfc85
Saunders82
ViewFromT2
Synopsis
tonyp
DomAVFC
big ming
Andyh
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
thegaffer6
4BetLite
ejs1111
jvilla
aberdarevilla
Villa Ranger
gdav
andrew24561
Wriggle
Wookster
DaveAV1
Con
James_Curtis
fastbackace
Keyser Soze
Withes Sweatbands
StringGhost
Born Under The Holte End
MarvelVillan
bazzah
B62 Villa
UnclePanda
GodzoneVilla
Villa_Dan
lukevilla
South London Villan
Jamie Gray
Dgrizzle7
Cha Ching
mark_draper
The Utterer
Dazzle
Aesorian
VillaBill
kimbo
CoE82
FoxyAV
achilles
jeffvilla
mefromhere
NARLA24
Trotters
avfcjoe
GadgetMan
Dions_Bald_Head
Sensitive Sid
Wigteke
My Old Man
De Kuip
villabromsgrove
Dek of Villa
Green Villan
Olof Mellberg
Morpheus
mDigital
mickeywya
whiteensign
Malandro
Holte139
Finn07
Tomy-Flemba
Kaz
Thinman
villashrew
KMitch
Mazrim
85 posters

Page 2 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Go down

Christian Benteke - Page 2 Empty Re: Christian Benteke

Post by Finn07 Wed May 28, 2014 6:40 am

I merely repeat what has been alleged. During training Beneteke was subject to a very very heavy "tackle" by a member of staff. This left him badly injured and writhing in agony. Two players then remonstrated in no uncertain terms with the member of staff. These two players were subsequently dropped due to "injuries" sustained during training or were reported to have a slight "knock".

Members of staff involved were subsequently suspended pending further action. as I say, all this is alleged.
Finn07

Christian Benteke - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 28, 2014 6:48 am

Finn07 wrote:I merely repeat what has been alleged. During training Beneteke was subject to a very very heavy "tackle" by a member of staff. This left him badly injured and writhing in agony. Two players then remonstrated in no uncertain terms with the member of staff. These two players were subsequently dropped due to "injuries" sustained during training or were reported to have a slight "knock".

Members of staff involved were subsequently suspended pending further action.  as I say, all this is alleged.

If true and lambert dropped the two players who remonstrated then surely he should be nowhere near the managers chair .
Also with something like this i doubt they would have covered it up without something leaking before now as there are a lot of people milling around bodymoor - look at how fast news of Kozaks injury came out and how it happened - we were aware before he had even reached hospital.

Back to top Go down

Post by Malandro Wed May 28, 2014 8:17 am

Eastie wrote:
Finn07 wrote:I merely repeat what has been alleged. During training Beneteke was subject to a very very heavy "tackle" by a member of staff. This left him badly injured and writhing in agony. Two players then remonstrated in no uncertain terms with the member of staff. These two players were subsequently dropped due to "injuries" sustained during training or were reported to have a slight "knock".

Members of staff involved were subsequently suspended pending further action.  as I say, all this is alleged.

If true and lambert dropped the two players who remonstrated then surely he should be nowhere near the managers chair .
Also with something like this i doubt they would have covered it up without something leaking before now as there are a lot of people milling around bodymoor - look at how fast news of Kozaks injury came out and how it happened - we were aware before he had even reached hospital.

I think we would have heard more from Benteke if that had been the case.
Malandro
Malandro

Back to top Go down

Post by whiteensign Wed May 28, 2014 10:35 am

Malandro wrote:
Eastie wrote:

I think we would have heard more from Benteke if that had been the case.

Exactly, it's not like Benteke is shy in coming out and saying stuff, I think if this was what happened we'd know about it by now!!!
whiteensign
whiteensign

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 28, 2014 6:26 pm

I don't believe it but if he had a genuine injury because of it it would explain him missing the world cup.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 28, 2014 6:41 pm

Benteke staying at Villa... Says his agent

Christian Benteke - Page 2 46782210

With the Belgian hit man still recovering from injury, a move away from B6 looks unlikely.

A few months ago, it looked like Christian Benteke would be moving on to bigger and better things (clubs) this summer, probably after firing Belgium to the semifinals of the World Cup. Unfortunately, when he ruptured his Achilles tendon in training this spring, thoughts of a move were put on hold. Kismet Eris, the notorious agent of the focal point of Villa's attack, went out and said that Benteke wouldn't be moving this summer. Then again, last summer, he said that Benteke would be moving, only to see the striker get a pay hike (and earn more money for himself, of course).

From what it looks like, Benteke should be back sooner than the original 6-9 month recovery period that had been bandied around. If he can come back anytime before January, it would be huge for the Villans, somewhat similar to getting a player on a free transfer, if you discount the fact that you have been paying his wages for over half a year when he was recovering. With manager Paul Lambert set to have a tight summer budget, the claret and blues will have to hope everyone stays injury free next season.

Back to top Go down

Christian Benteke - Page 2 Empty Benteke closing in on fitness

Post by Guest Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:03 am

According to neil moxley Benteke could be back in early September and miss only 3 games - good news.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/aston-villas-christian-benteke-could-4030119#.U-cZRauCOK0

Back to top Go down

Post by mickeywya Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:38 am

we rushed him back last season and it didn't work, if he's back after the first 3 games then id still rest him for another 4/5 games.
mickeywya

Back to top Go down

Post by mDigital Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:34 pm

mickeywya wrote:we rushed him back last season and it didn't work, if he's back after the first 3 games then id still rest him for another 4/5 games.

We didn't rush him back, Belgium did. Villa didn't want him to go and they took him despite being injured.
mDigital

Back to top Go down

Post by mickeywya Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:24 pm

he didn't play much for Belgium tho, if we really wanted to rest him we wouldn't of played him the game after the international break.
mickeywya

Back to top Go down

Post by Morpheus Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:41 pm

Will be great to have the big man back again.

When he first played for us i a likened him to Balaban which was a tad premature.  Embarassed
Morpheus
Morpheus

Christian Benteke - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Olof Mellberg Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:34 pm

Eastie wrote:According to neil moxley Benteke could be back in early September and miss only 3 games - good news.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/aston-villas-christian-benteke-could-4030119#.U-cZRauCOK0

As long as we dont rush him back, its a pretty serious injury, I know hes desperate to play, and kick a ball again but he cant come back until fully fit, We rely on him too much for it to re-occur due to poor management of him and the injury.

That said if hes ahead of schedule and his body is healing and getting stronger faster than the norm, then great news  Very Happy 
Olof Mellberg
Olof Mellberg

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:36 pm

Thanks PDC.

The article is saying that he should be back at the end of the month, that's way too soon in my opinion.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Christian Benteke - Page 2 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:52 pm

Green Villan wrote:Thanks PDC.

The article is saying that he should be back at the end of the month, that's way too soon in my opinion.
Yeah, i agree with you GV,far to soon.

Back to top Go down

Post by mickeywya Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:46 am

Most other reports in other papers say end of next month, which is more likely.
mickeywya

Back to top Go down

Post by Dek of Villa Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:48 pm

I think I heard Lambert say yesterday Benteke will commence full training in September?

So it would take him 3-4 weeks to get up to match fitness level.

Hope he comes back and is OK because he is so badly needed up front with Gabby completely ineffective.
Dek of Villa
Dek of Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:17 pm

Did anyone notice how thin his calf muscle was on his injured leg? Pics in training in the USA showed that he's got a lot of work to do.
villabromsgrove

Christian Benteke - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomy-Flemba Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:15 pm

PDC Lion wrote:

End of next month guys. As in end of September. Even then I expect Lambert not to bring him into the fold until October.
Tomy-Flemba
Tomy-Flemba

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:24 pm

Tomy-Flemba wrote:
PDC Lion wrote:

End of next month guys. As in end of September. Even then I expect Lambert not to bring him into the fold until October.
Makes perfect sense. In that case we need to sign a striker this week cause Bent aint doing it for me, nor weimen or gabby.

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:24 am

PDC Lion wrote:
Tomy-Flemba wrote:
PDC Lion wrote:

Makes perfect sense. In that case we need to sign a striker this week cause Bent aint doing it for me, nor weimen or gabby.

Bosko Balaban is available on a free after being released by his Malaysian club.

Just saying, like.

Christian Benteke - Page 2 50815218  Christian Benteke - Page 2 3769219917
De Kuip
De Kuip

Christian Benteke - Page 2 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by mickeywya Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:29 pm

Makes perfect sense. In that case we need to sign a striker this week cause Bent aint doing it for me

He's only played for us for 15 minutes in the past 20 months. Give him a chance.
mickeywya

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:30 pm

Hopefully when Benteke does come back in, he will not be restricted to holding the front line like last term. Give him the freedom to do what he did the season before, running at defenders.
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomy-Flemba Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:18 pm

mickeywya wrote:
Makes perfect sense. In that case we need to sign a striker this week cause Bent aint doing it for me

He's only played for us for 15 minutes in the past 20 months. Give him a chance.

I still think we will sign another striker before the close of the transfer window. Why would we have not allocated the number 9 shirt otherwise?
Tomy-Flemba
Tomy-Flemba

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:01 pm

Tomy-Flemba wrote:
mickeywya wrote:

I still think we will sign another striker before the close of the transfer window. Why would we have not allocated the number 9 shirt otherwise?

Maybe Lambert has retired it because the symbolic nature of it adds pressure to whomever wears it? :scratch:
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next