The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Villa fans backlash

+29
erdingtonb24
Morpheus
DN1982
achilles
GadgetMan
PathAtTheBackOfTheHolte
Deano69
CoE82
Denis_B
BournVilla
Dions_Bald_Head
EbeneezerGoode
Olof Mellberg
Mazrim
villabromsgrove
gdav
Villarocks666
Green Villan
Dek of Villa
My Old Man
Morgan Villa
HarryAVFC
B62 Villa
thegaffer6
Voice of reason
Elagabalus
pcfbavfcoman
Wookster
Trotters
33 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Villa fans backlash - Page 3 Empty Re: Villa fans backlash

Post by Elagabalus Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:56 pm

Don't be so silly!

Of course they'd be bothered about Villa Park burning down and act with due urgency. After all that would really set us back on our quest for carbon neutral status.
Elagabalus
Elagabalus

Villa fans backlash - Page 3 0_star10

Location : The Lost City: Time was on my side when I was running down the street it was so fine, fine, fine. A suitcase and an old guitar and something new to occupy my mind, mind, mind.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:22 pm

I'm afraid this is what happens when corporate bullshitters get involved in areas they ought not.

The day Randy Lerner decided to get involved in sport was the day the baby jesus wept tears of blood.
Mazrim
Mazrim

Villa fans backlash - Page 3 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Elagabalus Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:46 pm

To be fair to Lerner he's really pushed the envelope with his overarching strategy to undertake a review of the silo mentality hitherto henceforth whereby it was furthermore pertaining moreover to a situation of an agenda for change to ingrain the status quo.
Elagabalus
Elagabalus

Location : The Lost City: Time was on my side when I was running down the street it was so fine, fine, fine. A suitcase and an old guitar and something new to occupy my mind, mind, mind.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:31 pm

What we really need now is some sketchy and vague biblical references to clarify the situation.
Mazrim
Mazrim

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:00 pm

Now i will play Devils advocate here, Point 7 is the one that is being focused on as a the "Gagging order", lets look at this for a moment,

7. You will not partake in any abusive conversations towards anyone associated with the Club in any public forum, whether this is on a page that is personal to you and bears your name OR on a page that bears the name of your Lions Club (including social media, Facebook, Twitter, etc).

Ok, now the above point does nopt say in any way that Chairman can not be critical or express their dissatisfaction with the Club or performances, what it does say is that they are not permitted to be involved in "Abusive" comments or conversations or posts on social media!

I personally do not see an issue with this as Lion Clubs and the Chairman in particular are representative of both Fans and the Club so they should conduct themselves in a matter fitting the role and responsibilities of said role.

I do not see the problem!!

Back to top Go down

Post by EbeneezerGoode Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:13 pm

Trotters wrote:
My Old Man wrote:
Judging by some some forums,   I've always suspected that the club has had some form of leveredge over them.

Some forums had a laugh/got incensed over our "independent" tag line. You can be assured that the club has had great influence over a variety of fans forums.

Last night I asked on here why certain people had not been asking the difficult questions of the club. Issues such as where has the TV money gone. This claim would certainly make sense of that point of contemplation. If the club are so intolerant of criticism and have certain people in their pocket who is going to challenge them.

A poor show. A very poor show.
EbeneezerGoode
EbeneezerGoode

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:16 pm

Loyalvillan wrote:Now i will play Devils advocate here, Point 7 is the one that is being focused on as a the "Gagging order", lets look at this for a moment,

7. You will not partake in any abusive conversations towards anyone associated with the Club in any public forum, whether this is on a page that is personal to you and bears your name OR on a page that bears the name of your Lions Club (including social media, Facebook, Twitter, etc).

Ok, now the above point does nopt say in any way that Chairman can not be critical or express their dissatisfaction with the Club or performances, what it does say is that they are not permitted to be involved in "Abusive" comments or conversations or posts on social media!

I personally do not see an issue with this as Lion Clubs and the Chairman in particular are representative of both Fans and the Club so they should conduct themselves in a matter fitting the role and responsibilities of said role.

I do not see the problem!!

I was going to query this too, but I wasn't sure if it was down to my eternally optimistic spectacles.

And I was a little bit scared...  Embarassed 
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Villa fans backlash - Page 3 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:26 pm

Its very poorly phrased. Its basically down to the clubs definition of abusive. Which can mean anything if you want it to.
Mazrim
Mazrim

Back to top Go down

Post by BournVilla Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:30 pm

Mazrim wrote:Its very poorly phrased. Its basically down to the clubs definition of abusive. Which can mean anything if you want it to.

This in a nut-shell.
They could twist and turn the slightest bit of criticism around and claim it's abuse. The whole thing stinks.
BournVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:33 pm

Criticism can be made in a civil manner, and do you not agree that Chairman of Lions Clubs should be capable of making points without being abusive.

Your worries are based entirely on assumption and IF you are proved right i will then agree, but i think Chairman SHOULD act in a manner befitting the role they are in and those they represent

Back to top Go down

Post by Denis_B Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:02 pm

What was abusive about HH letter to Lerner? It got him banned from an area he had paid for and had sat at without issue for some time - Prima fucking donnas at VP
Denis_B
Denis_B

Back to top Go down

Post by CoE82 Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:04 pm

And people ridiculed the people protesting outside our sacred home when the dumb fucking yank employed McGash as manager, with hindsight maybe they saw all this coming, as any half brained individual could see that employing your arch rivals manager was just plain wrong, especially when you consider the season he had just had with them, as well as the reputation of playing dire mind numbing football.

I pray that the fans unite and turn up 1st home game and protest for 90 minutes outside the ground, i have no problem with people staying loyal, but as our beloved owner has shown he has no time for the fans so its time we hit him where it hurts as well as tv coverage, if the fans unite and its arranged right we could and should show him the club is our and always will be.
CoE82
CoE82

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:12 am

Loyalvillan wrote:Criticism can be made in a civil manner, and do you not agree that Chairman of Lions Clubs should be capable of making points without being abusive.

Your worries are based entirely on assumption and IF you are proved right i will then agree, but i think Chairman SHOULD act in a manner befitting the role they are in and those they represent

You're missing the point. In the first case, the tone is dictatorial, patronising and possibly insulting. We already know some of these guys feel offended by it. It's documented. And I don't blame them because it reads like so e KGB manifesto delivered to Soviet protectorates.
Secondly, the wording is amateurish, never mind heavy handed. There is no clear definition of what is considered abuse. The club also have no right to dictate to people how they use their personal social media accounts. No right at all.
These are volunteers, not employees. In fact, they're customers.

As an aside, in isolation I think most people would shrug this off. But it's anther blow in a time when a lot of fans have had a gutfull.
Mazrim
Mazrim

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:24 am

Just for the record. Villa Talk is a forum with thousands of members. Can we please get away from having a pop at forums that are far larger than we are. It will do this forum no good to have these sort of comments posted on here. Please refrain from having a dig at other Villa forums. If you would like to do that please do it in private and not on the public forum. Many thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:24 am

PDC Lion wrote:Just for the record. Villa Talk is a forum with thousands of members. Can we please get away from having a pop at forums that are far larger than we are. It will do this forum no good to have these sort of comments posted on here. Please refrain from having a dig at other Villa forums. If you would like to do that please do it in private and not on the public forum. Many thanks.

Seconded!
This forum was created to give people a place to debate villa issues in a friendly atmosphere without the name calling and bickering - lets keep it that way please .
There is room for all these forums to exist and it's personal preference who chooses to use which one .
Those of you who have come here from elsewhere are very welcome .

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:49 am

Why is there a picture of a Roger Daltrey wearing a woolly jumper?
Mazrim
Mazrim

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:06 am

Villa trust statement -

AVST – Independent To Represent You
Admin, 2014-08-03 09:22

The Birmingham Mail have run a story about certain supporter clubs not signing up to terms / code of conduct. AVST has not signed these terms either. We were previously listed as a unique supporters club but had never any terms as we were independent. The Executive Board, after consideration, has decided not to sign to: 1. Remain independent, so we can continue to show the benefit of constructive dialogue with the Club, even if this means criticism. 2. As some of our affiliates have…

Back to top Go down

Post by Elagabalus Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:19 am

Mazrim wrote:Why is there a picture of a Roger Daltrey wearing a woolly jumper?

Who?
Elagabalus
Elagabalus

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:23 am

Loyalvillan wrote:Criticism can be made in a civil manner, and do you not agree that Chairman of Lions Clubs should be capable of making points without being abusive.

I guess the proof in the pudding will be to see what happens when this occurs, which will be pretty soon the way things are going. Will all Lions clubs stand up for other clubs members if they have sanctions imposed on them for critisising the club?
My Old Man
My Old Man

Villa fans backlash - Page 3 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:59 pm

Elagabalus wrote:

Who?

Nicely done.
Mazrim
Mazrim

Back to top Go down

Post by Elagabalus Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:09 pm

Mazrim wrote:
Elagabalus wrote:

Who?

Nicely done.

I'm over the Moon!
Elagabalus
Elagabalus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:21 pm

Elagabalus wrote:
Mazrim wrote:
Elagabalus wrote:

Who?

Nicely done.

I'm over the Moon!

Pity we didn't sign andos townsend .
I've had enough  but  at least my generation saw us succeed. Wink
I cant explain the mess we are in , the kids are alright and happy jack grealish is coming through - he could be a good substitute

Back to top Go down

Post by EbeneezerGoode Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:40 pm

After the last two seasons I won't be fooled again by Paul Lambert.
EbeneezerGoode
EbeneezerGoode

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:17 pm

As i see no issue with the rule 7 that everyone is melting down about i assume this relates to me and my comments, i shall point out a few things,

1. I have never been a member of VT
2. I am not a Muppet by any means
3. Why is your point of view the only one that is right?

Some people possibly like yourself are so pissed off by the Club that they will see wrong in everything the Club does!

in fact your post is perfect to demonstrate my point about abusive comments, YOURS was an abusive comment and i dont think anyone expects a Lions Club Chairman to respond in the way you have!

You could have just disagreed as others have in a respectful and civil manner.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:30 pm

The poster in question has been spoken to and is aware this is not acceptable-

Just to add once more -

Can we try not to refer to other issues or individuals please on other forums - we have worked hard to try and get TBAR into a friendly environment and don't really need to be making reference to other sites - thanks !

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next