The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Do Villa fans really want us to lose V Spurs

+3
FoxyAV
kimbo
lukevilla
7 posters

Go down

Do Villa fans really want us to lose V Spurs Empty Do Villa fans really want us to lose V Spurs

Post by lukevilla Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:12 pm

Sorry but i really dont get it i understand people wanting Lambert to go but this is going to far IMO! Scarf Waving Hope 3 points on sunday and Lambert hopfully can turn it round i dont think he will and im not even saying he deserves to stay as Villa manager but until he gets the sack i will allways want Villa to win!
lukevilla

Do Villa fans really want us to lose V Spurs 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Do Villa fans really want us to lose V Spurs Empty Re: Do Villa fans really want us to lose V Spurs

Post by kimbo Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:40 pm

Honestly.

If I knew, 100%, that Lambert would go as a result of the Spurs game, I'd be all for it.

However, I don't think that's true. I absolutely think we could easily go through the whole of November without a point, even a goal. I also absolutely think Lambert will still be here even if that happens.

So no, I'm just hoping for any point that comes along.
kimbo
kimbo

Do Villa fans really want us to lose V Spurs 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Do Villa fans really want us to lose V Spurs Empty Re: Do Villa fans really want us to lose V Spurs

Post by FoxyAV Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:14 pm

It all seems to be about luck and whether our defence can be unpicked or not. There doesn't seem to be much else to it, does there? I'd rather we didn't lose and I'd rather we had a manager trying to make our players play interesting football and having the confidence to control a game. I can see us either scraping through to survival and losing our best players because they're far too good for our manager and his tactic or us being relegated and losing our best players anyway. If we could lose every match until Christmas in exchange for booting out Lambert would I take it? Probably yes, although I haven't a clue who would come in and under what conditions from Lerner.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Do Villa fans really want us to lose V Spurs 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by lukevilla Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:51 am

I will ask the quetion again as there does seem some people want us to lose if it helps us get rid of Lambert! I dont want to lose but if we are going to lose i will be more happier that it got me fantasy points as i got Pelle captain, clyne and tadic than it being about lambert getting closer to the sack even though i do want lambert to get the sack i hope that makes sense lol!
lukevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:00 am

If we lose to Southampton which, given their defence and confidence, is likely then our winless streak is looking beyond a joke. A loss to Burnley will be totally unacceptable regardless of any excuses Lambert comes up with. And surely a loss against our similarly-coloured brethren would mean the end of Lambert. It has to. Its inconceivable that Lerner and Fox will still consider him the man for the job if we fail to get points from our next two matches.

As such, yes I hope we lose. There, I've said it. A new manager - just about ANY new manager - can easily get this team to mid table. Lambert will cost this club it's premier league status, future fans, all hope, everything.

There'll be plenty of fans who'll slaughter me for that stance and that's ok....I get it. But to me you're asking if I'd be prepared to take two step back in order to go forward when all we're doing is stepping backward anyway.
Trotters
Trotters

Do Villa fans really want us to lose V Spurs 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by London Villa Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:57 am

Personally, I hope we lose.
I've said on here a few times that I'm not spending my time and money at VP while Lambert is there and I haven't changed my mind.
My only defence is that I have to drive up for London for every game so with the 4 hour round trip, usually the return trip spent in abject misery, I just can't be arsed any more.
I don't see any alternative either, if more people voted with their feet he'd be gone in a flash.
What I really can't suffer, is the apathy of so many fans at VP and that this is 'just the way it is'.
London Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:10 am

Trotters wrote:If we lose to Southampton which, given their defence and confidence, is likely then our winless streak is looking beyond a joke. A loss to Burnley will be totally unacceptable regardless of any excuses Lambert comes up with. And surely a loss against our similarly-coloured brethren would mean the end of Lambert. It has to. Its inconceivable that Lerner and Fox will still consider him the man for the job if we fail to get points from our next two matches.

As such, yes I hope we lose. There, I've said it. A new manager - just about ANY new manager - can easily get this team to mid table. Lambert will cost this club it's premier league status, future fans, all hope, everything.

There'll be plenty of fans who'll slaughter me for that stance and that's ok....I get it. But to me you're asking if I'd be prepared to take two step back in order to go forward when all we're doing is stepping backward anyway.
This says it all for me, especially the "two steps back in order to go forward" argument.
villabromsgrove

Do Villa fans really want us to lose V Spurs 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:14 pm

I really don't know anymore what would get Lambert the sack?

Anyone who gets a new 4 year contract for setting new horrendous records defies all sort of logic being applied.

Probably only relegation would see him removed but even that isn't a given!
achilles
achilles

Do Villa fans really want us to lose V Spurs 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:51 pm

I think he'll still be here after relegation. Hope I'm all sorts of wrong.
kimbo
kimbo

Do Villa fans really want us to lose V Spurs 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum