The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

+89
Southern Villan
Rattler
omariqy
Hac2002
danclare82
Desperate Villan
Tomy-Flemba
Mykey38
holtehero
LVBrit
Paul mcgrath(GOD)
achilles
Marco
DN1982
jamavfc1
Villa jimmy
Government Agencey
Suits
TheLeftSide
Morpheus
Dek of Villa
jeffvilla
CoE82
Longboy
Jpmangel
Mooseman
VillaBill
gdav
Wookster
GodzoneVilla
Leafs1201
MinnyVilla
George
Texas_Mike
kimbo
Billy Walker
smoke
pcfbavfcoman
Fpuppys
EbeneezerGoode
mordecai
AVit
Karlos96
Withes Sweatbands
Zidane
lukevilla
Dions_Bald_Head
Davidvilla73
Malandro
Voice of reason
Andyh
Jimmycarr
B62 Villa
thinlizzy
ejs1111
Thinman
mrshnn
Morgan Villa
River
BournVilla
johnny noodles
RoyRace
GhostDad
upthevilla76
Wigteke
PathAtTheBackOfTheHolte
Elagabalus
villabromsgrove
CTVillan
Trotters
Mazrim
AVFClee
Villa_Dan
USVillan
Saunders
Denis_B
R1chuk
UnclePanda
Green Villan
Jim
Villarocks666
Coseley Villa
tbarrules
HarryAVFC
Olof Mellberg
GadgetMan
My Old Man
The Utterer
jvilla
93 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 37 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by Guest Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:02 am

Suits wrote:
jimbop wrote:
Villa_Dan wrote:
jimbop wrote:i thought that Samir curruthers was knocking on the first team door, so why does Mr " I love to give the youth a chance focking lambert sell him????

Because he wasn't good enough. If he was, someone other than a league 1 team would've snapped him up!

bollocks he wernt good enough, the chances he had (which were very focking few) he looked class, I believe he came on against Liverpool the season before last, Jamie carragher said keep an eye on that kid, hes gonna be special.

If Carruthers was so great then he would've made the headlines in League 1 last season where he played plenty of games. As is the case with many of our youngsters, he just wasn't good enough. I genuinely don't think Baker or Clark are above League 1 level either.

exactly, I would prefer either baker or clark to have gone, who have had much much more oppurtunitys, and are still cack, this lad should of been given more chances

Back to top Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 37 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by Southern Villan Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:04 am

Villa_Dan wrote:
Southern Villan wrote:Guys how long was Cortese even at the saints? Is he possibly getting more credit than he deserves, helped by a very productive youth policy?  

5 years. They were in League 1 and administration when he joined

Thanks Dan. Proven track record then.
Southern Villan
Southern Villan

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 37 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:05 am

jimbop wrote:
Villa_Dan wrote:
jimbop wrote:i thought that Samir curruthers was knocking on the first team door, so why does Mr " I love to give the youth a chance focking lambert sell him????

Because he wasn't good enough. If he was, someone other than a league 1 team would've snapped him up!

bollocks he wernt good enough, the chances he had (which were very focking few) he looked class, I believe he came on against Liverpool the season before last, Jamie carragher said keep an eye on that kid, hes gonna be special.

Plagued with bad attitude (allegedly) he has talent, but has massivel stalled in his development due to other issues. I think it's best he's moved on. I don think he will be one we regret losing.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 37 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:06 am

TheEgo wrote:
jimbop wrote:
Villa_Dan wrote:

Plagued with bad attitude (allegedly) he has talent, but has massivel stalled in his development due to other issues. I think it's best he's moved on. I don think he will be one we regret losing.

we shall see

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:07 am

TheEgo wrote:
thetrees wrote:I was busy yesterday, so if it hasn't been posted, Randy Lerner left at lunchtime.
I assume back home, but I don't know. I'll try to check today.

Cheers for that Trees. Good to have you on board posting  cheers 
When ever TheTrees posts I start to get excited about my next holiday ….That's a typical Pavlovian response! Very Happy 
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLeftSide Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:09 am

TheEgo wrote:
thetrees wrote:I was busy yesterday, so if it hasn't been posted, Randy Lerner left at lunchtime.
I assume back home, but I don't know. I'll try to check today.

Cheers for that Trees. Good to have you on board posting  cheers 

Just thinking about this, if he left at lunchtime does that scupper the he's in London talk? Or was that still possible and just not the BMH visit later on the day?

Or maybe he's still actually here but his planes not? God knows
TheLeftSide
TheLeftSide

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:11 am

jimbop wrote:
Suits wrote:
jimbop wrote:
Villa_Dan wrote:

If Carruthers was so great then he would've made the headlines in League 1 last season where he played plenty of games. As is the case with many of our youngsters, he just wasn't good enough. I genuinely don't think Baker or Clark are above League 1 level either.

exactly, I would prefer either baker or clark to have gone, who have had much much more oppurtunitys, and are still cack, this lad should of been given more chances
I've said before, I'm probably in a minority of one but I like both Baker and Clark. Trouble is when they play together they never stay on the same wavelength for long enough, and keep getting in each others way.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Suits Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:23 am

villabromsgrove wrote:
jimbop wrote:
Suits wrote:
jimbop wrote:
Villa_Dan wrote:

I've said before, I'm probably in a minority of one but I like both Baker and Clark. Trouble is when they play together they never stay on the same wavelength for long enough, and keep getting in each others way.

I think they're the two worst centre backs I've seen down the Villa. I used to rate them both but the past 2 years I think they've been dire. I thught Clark always looked decent in the defensive midfield role that Houllier used to play him in sometimes, Lambert made it clear when he joined that he was a Centre Back though so...
Suits

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:25 am

Suits wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:
jimbop wrote:
Suits wrote:
jimbop wrote:
Villa_Dan wrote:

I think they're the two worst centre backs I've seen down the Villa. I used to rate them both but the past 2 years I think they've been dire. I thught Clark always looked decent in the defensive midfield role that Houllier used to play him in sometimes, Lambert made it clear when he joined that he was a Centre Back though so...

Worst for me was paul Elliott - dreadful in our relegation season Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by B62 Villa Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:30 am

So there we have it, Randy has gone back to the states, no takeover in sight, No CEO appointed, pretty much status quo( and not the double denim duo). It begs the question why he bothered coming over, a puddly £10m isn't going to sort this shower of shit out, especially as it will be Lambert spending it.
Like many others I want to know where my ST money, TV money and all the sponsorship/merchandise cash has gone, because it's not being invested into the first team.
I fully expect us to be in yet another fight for survival, however I have absolutely no faith Lambert can keep us up and once again we will be reliant on other teams being worse, it's an extremely sorry state of affairs, Randy has taken this club backwards at an alarming rate, we are so far away from challenging for anything it's unreal.
B62 Villa
B62 Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by Coseley Villa Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:30 am

Aston Villa supporters have been Prepared since 1874 and 140 years later this Club is still ours.
This season will be one of the worst some of us have ever seen, we have a manager who knows he wont be sacked and has the owner by the balls, we have an owner who as the manager by the balls as he knows his inept manager will not walk away due to the fact he will never ever work at a club as big as our again, we then have a squad of players which lets be honest 80% know they will never be good enough for our club but are more than happy to just turn up and go home knowing over 20 grand has just been dumped in their bank accounts.
We should not get behind the Manager
We should not get behind the owner
We should not get behind the team ( and yes I thought I would never say that )
We should get behind each other Home and Away Holte,Trinity,Witton and North Stand
Songs of old , Songs of new
Young and Old lets Rock Villa Park
Let us be the ones doing the Marketing of OUR club by still being the best Supporters in the land
UTV.VTID
We Are Villa
Coseley Villa
Coseley Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:31 am

Seems to be some disparity between seeing Lerner at BMH and his plane leaving. Only explanation is that his plane left without him on it.
Trotters
Trotters

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 37 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:35 am

jimbop wrote:
TheEgo wrote:
jimbop wrote:
Villa_Dan wrote:

we shall see

Yep, the test of time will be proof, either way. The one we really lost out on was Dan Crowley, he left us for arsenal, keep an eye out, he'll be special.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:38 am

Trotters wrote:Seems to be some disparity between seeing Lerner at BMH and his plane leaving. Only explanation is that his plane left without him on it.

Over to you trees....was lerner on the plane? Will be interesting to see where the plane flew too.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:40 am

Russell was there with him at BMH.

Back to top Go down

Post by B62 Villa Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:41 am

Why would his plane leave without him tho??
I think it was a passing visit, and nothing more, certainly not for a takeover, especially as a lot of the alleged front runners ( straw clutching, as I don't believe anyone wants us)reside in the states.
No knew CEO announced, perhaps it fell through when the terms were laid out, we are well and truly in the shit, poor ownership bordering on sheer negligence and asset stripping, poor clueless managership, poor playing staff that is digest tended and disfranchised due to the shite man management from Lambert and HIS training staff, of which 2 have been sacked for bullying.
Are there any worse teams in the premier league than us this year, given all the turmoil off the pitch, of which there is more to come?? I'm praying there are 3, but I'm just not that sure there is.
B62 Villa
B62 Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by holtehero Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:45 am

It doesn't take long to sign on the arrows and say good bye though....  Over the head 

I'm seriously considering hibernating and wake up next May, when hopefully we have been taken over and are still in the PL
holtehero

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:47 am

If we're to get the best out of our defenders we need to sign a player who can do the job that George Boateng did. He was a destructive defensive midfielder who broke up play time after time.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:50 am

Trotters wrote:Seems to be some disparity between seeing Lerner at BMH and his plane leaving. Only explanation is that his plane left without him on it.

I can't wait to see what damage the idiot has done during his latest fleeting visit. Whatever he is up to will revolve around getting his family's money back and will be bad news for us. Why people get so excited by this buffoons once in a blue moon appearance is beyond me because trust me, no good will come of this. :evil:
My Old Man
My Old Man

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 37 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by L-M Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:54 am

Hallo everyone! I am new here. Very interesting to read all your speculation! Hopefully everything will be fine! :)
Iam from Sweden btw.
L-M

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:58 am

Welcome l-m - delighted you are here :)

Back to top Go down

Post by Morpheus Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:58 am

Welcome L-M.

Do you know of any good players in Sweden who will come and play for us on wages worth no more than a plate of Rakor?

Last edited by Morpheus on Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:03 am; edited 2 times in total
Morpheus
Morpheus

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 37 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:58 am

L-M wrote:Hallo everyone! I am new here. Very interesting to read all your speculation! Hopefully everything will be fine! :)
Iam from Sweden btw.

Welcome to the nuthouse!
My Old Man
My Old Man

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 37 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:01 am

Welcome L-M you haven't  seen nothing yet with reference to speculation. Hold onto your hat it going to be a rough ride.  lol! Scarf Waving Drink
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 37 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:04 am

Welcome Laursen -Mellberg. Have you got your boots?
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next