The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

+85
Dansvilla75
MrAstonVilla
RoyRace
Synopsis
MinnyVilla
TheLeftSide
Longboy
Tomy-Flemba
VTID85
Villarocks666
River
Malandro
roba19
Jpmangel
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
CoE82
PongosPointofView
Poseidon
johnny noodles
Keyser Soze
achilles
South London Villan
Jimmycarr
DR Peters
Rattler
GodzoneVilla
AVit
AstonB6
Trezzy
CTVillan
Morgan Villa
suicidewatch24
tbarrules
GadgetMan
ejs1111
KMitch
Minstrel
Coseley Villa
omariqy
Mazrim
Southern Villan
any82
smoke
PieFacE
nitrogen
AstonThriller
therailboy
B62 Villa
clarryblue
danclare82
gdav
Olof Mellberg
Dek of Villa
Saunders
Cathal Coughlan's Dog
Jim
Vasher
Green Villan
Withes Sweatbands
Villa_Dan
jvilla
upthevilla76
R1chuk
LVBrit
UnclePanda
bakerbob
SouthernVilla
Wookster
thinlizzy
Jae1411
holtehero
Thinman
USVillan
Monkeywrench
Denis_B
pcfbavfcoman
Trotters
AVFClee
George
The Utterer
villabromsgrove
Dions_Bald_Head
HarryAVFC
My Old Man
lukevilla
89 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 4 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by HarryAVFC Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:45 pm

jvilla wrote:Jones is an oil man and is regarded as a rubbish owner - it has to be him.

Would be like Randys never left then

SSN saying Saints top target is Vlaar. Dam
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 4 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 4 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by USVillan Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:14 pm

IT'S NOT JERRY JONES!

Look, the guy is on the TV almost daily here in the States. That ain't him.

Couple other answers--that is, indeed, the Cowboys Stadium (AT&T Stadium...beautiful place, seats 100K plus, largest HD big-screens I've ever seen). Jerry Jones has recently been a terrible owner, but that's mostly down to him being owner/president/CEO. Fires coaches like crazy, signs stars who are past their prime, etc...when he first took control of the Cowboys, though, he took them from 1-15 to dynasty in the mid-1990s (the Aikman, Smith, Irvin years).

Last edited by USVillan on Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
USVillan

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 4 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by jvilla Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:20 pm

TV adds a few pounds...
jvilla
jvilla

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 4 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by USVillan Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:22 pm

jvilla wrote:TV adds a few pounds...
It. Is. Not. Jerry. Jones.

Honestly, a couple of Villa players aren't really worth a wad of spit to that guy. There's zero chance he's hanging out at AT&T to greet them.
USVillan

Back to top Go down

Post by jvilla Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:23 pm

Period?
jvilla
jvilla

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 4 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:24 pm

Us villan - what sort of gate do you think there will be at the dallas game?

Back to top Go down

Post by Withes Sweatbands Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:25 pm

HarryAVFC wrote:
jvilla wrote:Jones is an oil man and is regarded as a rubbish owner - it has to be him.

He wouldn't go there .. I think they are one of the favorites to go down this year .. sold their best players and lost a top manager ... Why on earth would Vlaar want to go there for
Withes Sweatbands
Withes Sweatbands

Back to top Go down

Post by USVillan Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:27 pm

Eastie wrote:Us villan - what sort of gate do you think there will be at the dallas game?
Well, Frisco, TX (where FC Dallas play their home games) actually does a good job of pumping up the team to the local community. That stadium is where they play the national championship (American) football game for the second-tier of college football ("NCAA FCS" or "NCAA Division I-AA"). My college played in that game in that park back in 2011, and the joint was sold out because of how well Frisco markets to their public.

The capacity of Toyota Stadium (formerly Pizza Hut Park) is 20,500. My guess is the gate will be close to that. Nothing shocking.

This is where they're playing:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Stadium_(Texas)
USVillan

Back to top Go down

Post by USVillan Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:28 pm

jvilla wrote:Period?
hashtag"gotit"winkyemoticon. Period.
USVillan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:30 pm

Withes Sweatbands wrote:
HarryAVFC wrote:

He wouldn't go there .. I think they are one of the favorites to go down this year .. sold their best players and lost a top manager ... Why on earth would Vlaar want to go there for

I agree he will likely go to a bigger club than saints but if they were the only bidders he has reason to think - koeman was his boss for years at feyenoord , more wages, more money to spend, a much better manager - there's 3 reasons for starters.

As for the comment about then being relegation candidates - not a chance.
Koeman has been given a lot to spend and he will spend it well and on decent players .

That said I think bigger clubs will come in for Vlaar and get him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:07 pm

USVillan wrote:
jvilla wrote:TV adds a few pounds...
It. Is. Not. Jerry. Jones.

Honestly, a couple of Villa players aren't really worth a wad of spit to that guy. There's zero chance he's hanging out at AT&T to greet them.

Villa Facebook just posted the pics - it's Brett Daniels, director of communications for the Cowboys
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 4 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by AVFClee Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:28 pm

Well this is from Forbes about Mr Jones

Jerry Jones
Dallas Cowboys
$2.7 billion Say what you want about Jones, but the Cowboys have won three titles and opened a $1.2 billion stadium on his watch.

http://www.forbes.com/pictures/eddf45hmlk/jerry-jones-2/
AVFClee
AVFClee

Back to top Go down

Post by USVillan Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:12 pm

Jones and Lerner will no doubt go a ways back because of owning NFL teams, but they really couldn't be more different in terms of their personas. While that probably sounds enticing to Villa fans at face value, Jones is widely regarded as one of the worst owners in American sports BECAUSE he's too involved. Is that hyperbole? Yeah, probably. Here's a fun blog post comparing the Cowboys to the Browns:

http://thelandryhat.com/2014/03/02/jerry-jones-isnt-ruining-dallas-cowboys/

It would certainly be an odd partnership if Jones and Lerner somehow got together. In fact, I think it's a non-starter...as much as the ties to ExxonMobil and AEG. Guess we'll see, but I think it'll be a rather humdrum (and HOT!) trip to the US this time around for AVFC.
USVillan

Back to top Go down

Post by AVFClee Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:20 am

You may be right USVillan, i also find the Micky Arison rumours interesting, when asked if he was interested in buying our club he replied ''"As a general rule, we do not comment on such rumors.'' Now this to me coupled with him selling his Carnival shares and raising £250million this could be why the wait?

http://7500toholte.sbnation.com/2014/6/13/5806684/aston-villa-takeover-micky-arison-rumours-carnival-cruise
AVFClee
AVFClee

Back to top Go down

Post by USVillan Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:41 am

AVFClee wrote:You may be right USVillan, i also find the Micky Arison rumours interesting, when asked if he was interested in buying our club he replied ''"As a general rule, we do not comment on such rumors.'' Now this to me coupled with him selling his Carnival shares and raising £250million this could be why the wait?

http://7500toholte.sbnation.com/2014/6/13/5806684/aston-villa-takeover-micky-arison-rumours-carnival-cruise
Don't know how I feel about Arison owning Villa. He's had some success with the Heat, but Miami is second-to-none as a destination to live and work in America. Not only that, but before they managed to land "The Big Three," they really were a terrible franchise. After failing in the NBA Finals this past year, the team has broken apart (Lebron James to Cleveland, Chris Bosh to Houston in all likelihood), and it remains to be seen how they'll cope moving forward. Certainly they won't be the odds-on favorites to pass beyond the second round of the NBA playoffs.

I don't know what his ties to "soccer" are here in America...so I have huge reservations about an American owner like him coming on board. It worries me that a guy who's used to dealing with the American free-agent market and salary cap structure, not to mention playoff system and lack of punishment (indeed, "failing" sports franchises in America are rewarded with high draft picks and easier schedules the next year), is coming in planning to spend. Most reassuring was that he hired Pat Riley (a frigging genius when it comes to running teams/franchises) for his GM role in Miami. Hopefully, he'd be getting a similar genius-type in to Villa if he does purchase the club.

Carnival Cruises would no doubt be Villa's new sponsor after this year.

Also, there's this:
http://www.cruiselawnews.com/tags/micky-arison/

That's a lot of cabbage he's freed up. Almost $500 million in 3 months. I wonder if guys like him wipe their hindparts with Ben Franklin's face...
USVillan

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:44 am

Eastie wrote:
My Old Man wrote:

Was Jerry Jones mentioned the other day?

One of your American cousins Den?

My cousins come with Banjo's and crossbow's, so yeah..maybe  lol! 
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:47 am

Anything is better than this mate...hope eternal, just give us some hope!!
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by USVillan Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:48 am

Uhh...I also found this about Arison:
"The greediest cruise executive in my opinion is, hands down, no doubt-about-it, by-far Micky Arison. He makes Goldstein look like chump change. Arison is the news this weekend after agreeing to sell up to 10 million shares of Carnival Corporation stock. At $39.50 per share, that's $395,000,000. 5 million shares were sold on Friday and the remaining shares will be sold over the next 15 months, After the sale is complete, the Arison family will still own 188,000,000 shares worth over $7,426,000,000.

What will multi-billionaire Arison do with the $395,000,000? Build medical clinics in Goa, India where most of his crew members come from? Fund the retirement benefits for his hard working Filipino crew members who have slaved away far-from-their-children for decades on his ships?  Create schools in Nicaragua where thousands of family members of Carnival crew members reside? No, no, no. The nearly $400 million in cash will be solely for his own tax and estate planning.

CEO Arison paid himself a $90,000,000 bonus in 2002 - the same year of the Costa Concordia disaster. In my assessment, he seems like a money hoarder without a social conscious. Here are some of the infamous incidents involving Carnival Corporation and its brands over the last few years:
•Terminating the retirement programs of all Filipino crew members;
•Misappropriating the tips of crew members;
•Firing and black-balling 150 crew members who protested unreasonably low wages & tips; and
•Offering cruise passenger survivors only 11,000 euros after the deadly Costa Concordia disaster, but rewarding the Costa CEO millions in salary and bonuses.

It is an amazing spectacle to watch Arison enrich himself irrespective of the Concordia capsizing and the Triumph engine room fire.

Just last week we commented on Carnival's press release, issued during the middle of the Triumph "poop cruise" trial here in Miami. Carnival characterized the cruise passengers, who endured four days in the Gulf of Mexico after the negligently maintained old ship caught fire, as greedy."

http://www.cruiselawnews.com/2014/03/articles/worst-cruise-line-in-the-world/greed-on-the-high-seas-poop-cruise-concordia-cruise-executive-cashes-395000000-of-carnival-stock/

Yikes. If dude is labelling passengers who were trapped on a ship at sea for 4 days without running water or electricity "greedy" because they've taken his company to task, what's he gonna say about a bunch of Brummies hollering "Oy! Micky! Get yer chequebook out, you mug!"** at home games???

**I'm American. I have no idea what said Birmingham-based fan's accent would be or what they'd say, but I gather "Get yer chequebook out!" would be included based on what I've seen on the interwebs.
USVillan

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:50 am

Anyway,

Ive decided. I promised myself that i would not go again under Lerner. Bollox to it, i can't not do it.

Its like a life without sex. I will be there, but i will not be a happy clapper. Its my club, sod them!!
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:52 am

USVillan wrote:Uhh...I also found this about Arison:
"The greediest cruise executive in my opinion is, hands down, no doubt-about-it, by-far Micky Arison. He makes Goldstein look like chump change. Arison is the news this weekend after agreeing to sell up to 10 million shares of Carnival Corporation stock. At $39.50 per share, that's $395,000,000. 5 million shares were sold on Friday and the remaining shares will be sold over the next 15 months, After the sale is complete, the Arison family will still own 188,000,000 shares worth over $7,426,000,000.

What will multi-billionaire Arison do with the $395,000,000? Build medical clinics in Goa, India where most of his crew members come from? Fund the retirement benefits for his hard working Filipino crew members who have slaved away far-from-their-children for decades on his ships?  Create schools in Nicaragua where thousands of family members of Carnival crew members reside? No, no, no. The nearly $400 million in cash will be solely for his own tax and estate planning.

CEO Arison paid himself a $90,000,000 bonus in 2002 - the same year of the Costa Concordia disaster. In my assessment, he seems like a money hoarder without a social conscious. Here are some of the infamous incidents involving Carnival Corporation and its brands over the last few years:
•Terminating the retirement programs of all Filipino crew members;
•Misappropriating the tips of crew members;
•Firing and black-balling 150 crew members who protested unreasonably low wages & tips; and
•Offering cruise passenger survivors only 11,000 euros after the deadly Costa Concordia disaster, but rewarding the Costa CEO millions in salary and bonuses.

It is an amazing spectacle to watch Arison enrich himself irrespective of the Concordia capsizing and the Triumph engine room fire.

Just last week we commented on Carnival's press release, issued during the middle of the Triumph "poop cruise" trial here in Miami. Carnival characterized the cruise passengers, who endured four days in the Gulf of Mexico after the negligently maintained old ship caught fire, as greedy."

http://www.cruiselawnews.com/2014/03/articles/worst-cruise-line-in-the-world/greed-on-the-high-seas-poop-cruise-concordia-cruise-executive-cashes-395000000-of-carnival-stock/

Yikes. If dude is labelling passengers who were trapped on a ship at sea for 4 days without running water or electricity "greedy" because they've taken his company to task, what's he gonna say about a bunch of Brummies hollering "Oy! Micky! Get yer chequebook out, you mug!"** at home games???

**I'm American. I have no idea what said Birmingham-based fan's accent would be or what they'd say, but I gather "Get yer chequebook out!" would be included based on what I've seen on the interwebs.

I am going to read this in the morning. You yanks have no idea of what time it is over here.... Laughing 
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:41 am

Great couple of pages there, USVillan. Cheers. Keep the local knowledge coming. I'm sure everyone appreciates it....

....as long as you're absolutely SURE that wasn't Jerry Jones. Very Happy

Trotters
Trotters

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 4 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by USVillan Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:04 am

Trotters wrote:Great couple of pages there, USVillan. Cheers. Keep the local knowledge coming.
Well, more local than the UK (or Australia, as the case might be)...but I'm in Pennsylvania. Hardly local to Texas (actually, I f*cking HATE the Cowboys, and it pains me that Okore was holding that jersey and is an admitted "massive" Cowboy fan). Happy to give some perspective on "American Sports" though!

Trotters wrote:....as long as you're absolutely SURE that wasn't Jerry Jones. Very Happy
You know, if I tilt my head like this..............nope, still not him.  Wink

Last edited by USVillan on Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:11 am; edited 1 time in total
USVillan

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:27 am

If anyone thinks a sale is close is a fucking idiot.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:33 am

Green Villan wrote:If anyone thinks a sale is close is a fucking idiot.
File me under "Fucking Idiot" then. Very Happy 
A new tv series could be on the cards "The Idiot Files" starring Jack Woodward and Lee Hendrie as the aliens.  I'll get my coat 

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:34 am

It dosen't matter what I say my post will probably get deleted so meh.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next