The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

+85
Dansvilla75
MrAstonVilla
RoyRace
Synopsis
MinnyVilla
TheLeftSide
Longboy
Tomy-Flemba
VTID85
Villarocks666
River
Malandro
roba19
Jpmangel
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
CoE82
PongosPointofView
Poseidon
johnny noodles
Keyser Soze
achilles
South London Villan
Jimmycarr
DR Peters
Rattler
GodzoneVilla
AVit
AstonB6
Trezzy
CTVillan
Morgan Villa
suicidewatch24
tbarrules
GadgetMan
ejs1111
KMitch
Minstrel
Coseley Villa
omariqy
Mazrim
Southern Villan
any82
smoke
PieFacE
nitrogen
AstonThriller
therailboy
B62 Villa
clarryblue
danclare82
gdav
Olof Mellberg
Dek of Villa
Saunders
Cathal Coughlan's Dog
Jim
Vasher
Green Villan
Withes Sweatbands
Villa_Dan
jvilla
upthevilla76
R1chuk
LVBrit
UnclePanda
bakerbob
SouthernVilla
Wookster
thinlizzy
Jae1411
holtehero
Thinman
USVillan
Monkeywrench
Denis_B
pcfbavfcoman
Trotters
AVFClee
George
The Utterer
villabromsgrove
Dions_Bald_Head
HarryAVFC
My Old Man
lukevilla
89 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 22 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by jvilla Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:05 pm

Olof Mellberg wrote:Is anybody the wiser or any ideas what Arison seems to be stock piling money for?, hasent he sold close to $490 Million Dollars worth or something over the last 3 months?

Has he got a business venture lined up? or is this partnership with the Cowboys the reason? :)

Arison apparently is about to retire, Cowboys are doing business with Carnival, I imagine Micky's money is for a bit of fun in his old age...
jvilla
jvilla

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 22 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 22 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by Olof Mellberg Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:07 pm

Eastie wrote:So if he is doing some business with the cowboys why would he turn up to meet lerner at fc dallas v villa?

I'm hoping he is close to buying us .

While I hope AND pray thats the case, If their close chances are Lerner and Arison found out they were in the same area and agreed to have a drink for a catch up or something....just Lerner HAD to watch Villa as he would be crucified if he didn't when the Villa are in his country for a change...So Arison joined him...

Hope he liked it what he saw  bounce  lol
Olof Mellberg
Olof Mellberg

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 22 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Southern Villan Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:08 pm

Micky just tweeted a picture from... Sardinia. Technically he could have got to Dallas and back I think, but that's a hell if a trip! Or the pictures are a smokescreen.

This scenario is a conspiracy theorists dream!
Southern Villan
Southern Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Olof Mellberg Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:09 pm

jvilla wrote:
Olof Mellberg wrote:Is anybody the wiser or any ideas what Arison seems to be stock piling money for?, hasent he sold close to $490 Million Dollars worth or something over the last 3 months?

Has he got a business venture lined up? or is this partnership with the Cowboys the reason? :)

Arison apparently is about to retire, Cowboys are doing business with Carnival, I imagine Micky's money is for a bit of fun in his old age...

Villa can be fun cant it?....sometimes?...occasionally? inbetween the hopes being dashed and the usual heartache of Saturday afternoons?

Arison please make Villa fun again  cheers 
Olof Mellberg
Olof Mellberg

Back to top Go down

Post by UnclePanda Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:10 pm

Southern Villan wrote:Micky just tweeted a picture from... Sardinia. Technically he could have got to Dallas and back I think, but that's a hell if a trip! Or the pictures are a smokescreen.

There are 3 Sardinia's in the US of A....
Ok, ok, Im taking it too far now :)
UnclePanda
UnclePanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Olof Mellberg Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:11 pm

Southern Villan wrote:Micky just tweeted a picture from... Sardinia. Technically he could have got to Dallas and back I think, but that's a hell if a trip! Or the pictures are a smokescreen.

Would Arison have to be in Dallas for the business deal though? Still doubtful its him from the photo, and if hes about to retire maybe hes handed that responsibility to others....maybe?  :scratch: 
Olof Mellberg
Olof Mellberg

Back to top Go down

Post by jvilla Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:12 pm

This is most definitely a game, Doogan is in charge of whatever is online, until I see Arison next to a Sardinian newspaper with today's date - I am not buying..

END GAME
jvilla
jvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by USVillan Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:19 pm

http://sportsrapport.com/2012/06/heat-owner-mickey-arison-says-franchise-would-be-lucky-to-break-even-and-won-the-right-way/

This is actually what Arison said RE: "Business vs Hobby"

In reality, he was saying that large-market NBA cities (LA, Chicago, NY) operate their respective clubs (Lakers, Bulls, Knicks) like businesses because they can--because they have the gate and TV money to support that kind of operation. "Everywhere else in the league" has to run their teams like a "hobby of passion," in his terms, because no matter what they do, to compete with the NYKs, LALs, Bulls of the NBA world, they have to run into the red.

Hey, at the very least, this gives him experience for what life in the Prem would be like!

FYI--Dan LeBatard (the interviewer in the linked article) is a newspaper and radio talking head based in Miami. He frequently appears on nationally televised ESPN pundit broadcasts (Around the Horn, Pardon the Interruption), and also briefly had his own show on the ESPN network.

ALSO:
1) I highly doubt that Arison took $450million worth of stock holdings out to pay for a joint venture with the Cowboys. Carnival is getting some advertising space in the AT&T Stadium parking lots, some sponsorship rights on some Cowboys TV shows, and in return they get a vast amount of exposure at a time when they're about to launch a third port of call for their ships in Galveston, TX.
2) I highly doubt that Arison, himself, would have been in Dallas yesterday to "complete" this deal...I am sure Carnival had plenty of well-dressed lawyers dealing with similarly-clad lawyers for the Cowboys. If Arison had been there, we'd all be seeing photos of he and Jerry Jones shaking hands.
USVillan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:21 pm

More twists and turns today than a soap opera - how apt that its Dallas :)

Back to top Go down

Post by jvilla Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:23 pm

USVillan wrote:
2) I highly doubt that Arison, himself, would have been in Dallas yesterday to "complete" this deal...I am sure Carnival had plenty of well-dressed lawyers dealing with similarly-clad lawyers for the Cowboys. If Arison had been there, we'd all be seeing photos of he and Jerry Jones shaking hands.

Just a bit odd, if not extremely random and odd, that an Arison look-a-like family should be at the Dallas Cowboys last night and shaking Lerner's hand with an avfc man in the same shot - and a bunch of AVFC fans notice and then hours later a deal between Carnival and Dallas Cowboys be broadcast - I mean, it is possible, it could be really cruel coinicdence, but the odds on this you just could not get from a bookie  - it is sooo random. Or not.
jvilla
jvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by USVillan Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:28 pm

jvilla wrote:
USVillan wrote:

Just a bit odd, if not extremely random and odd, that an Arison look-a-like family should be at the Dallas Cowboys last night - and a bunch of AVFC fans notice and then hours later a deal between Carnival and Dallas Cowboys be broadcast - I mean, it is possible, it could be really cruel coinicdence, but the odds on this you just could not get from a bookie  - it is sooo random. Or not.
Haha, it's villa, j. Cruel coincidence is what we do...

For the record, I don't think it's Arison. At all. And I don't think that's his family. And I don't think there's any mention that the people in those pictures were actually in DFW at the Cowboys' stadium. As with most business ventures, the Carnival-Cowboys thing was probably wrapped up ages ago and announced today. Again, if Arison had ANYTHING to do with that announcement, and had he actually been in Dallas, there'd be loads of pictures with he and Jerry Jones shaking hands in true photo-op-presser style. It's actually meant more to me that the announcement took place WITHOUT any fanfare including Jones and Arison that solidifies the fact that the guy in the pictures was NOT Micky Arison.

Sorry, man. You want to believe, so please continue to do so.

...but it wasn't Arison...  Wink 
USVillan

Back to top Go down

Post by jvilla Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:33 pm

Hey it's an American trait to dream, not Brummie! We don't do dreams, we do cynicism - you must be a brummie after all!

Yer don't think that it is odd then that villa fans connect Arison to Dallas Cowboys, despite them having nothing in common, then hours later it turns out there is a real connection? And as you say, why on earth are there not a load of publicity shots of Arison and Jerry Jones? Perhaps because this was not meant to be a photo op.
jvilla
jvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by jvilla Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:44 pm

What sport is Mickey watching 4 weeks ago?

http://instagram.com/p/py4Tihu8E_/?modal=true

It aint basketball
jvilla
jvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by USVillan Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:44 pm

jvilla wrote:Hey it's an American trait to dream, not Brummie! We don't do dreams, we do cynicism - you must be a brummie after all!

Yer don't think that it is odd then that villa fans connect Arison to Dallas Cowboys, despite them having nothing in common, then hours later it turns out there is a real connection? And as you say, why on earth are there not a load of publicity shots of Arison and Jerry Jones? Perhaps because this was not meant to be a photo op.
I'm a Philadelphian. I think there are a lot of similarities between Philly and Brum...hence why I chose to follow Villa.

I don't think anyone connected Arison with the Cowboys before the Carnival-Cowboy announcement. People connected Arison to being in Frisco with Lerner for last night's game. There's a difference, and I don't think it's Arison in the pictures anyway.

I really, REALLY don't believe that Arison is doing any of Carnival's advertising/face-time business on his own. In fact, I would think it more of an oddity if he WAS in town to do something that any of 500 lackey lawyers who work for the cruise line could do themselves.

Hell with what I think, though:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k8craCGpgs
USVillan

Back to top Go down

Post by jvilla Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:54 pm

Okay, fair dos, we connected Arison with Dallas, not so much Cowboys but the villa players had just been to that stadium for a photo op. I don't really know how big Dallas is, but cowboys and carnival are in business, there are people in that shot of Lerner at toyota stadium who look the spit of Arison and his daughter (I mean the blondie - may not be his daughter) - online things go mad, and then Arison and cowboys are announced as in business - also the Telegraph's money people think it's Arison and have for a while. I dunno, but if I were Columbo, I'd be spinning around right now and asking one more thing..
jvilla
jvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by USVillan Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:05 pm

The Dallas Cowboys are synonymous with American sport (and I hate 'em for it). That star on their helmet is iconic. When my college football team played in the NCAA Division I Championship game in Frisco a few years back, they also toured AT&T Stadium. It's just what sports franchises do when they visit Dallas-Fort Worth (because there's fuck all else to see there...no one gives a shit about the Rangers, Mavs, or Stars). I don't think there's anything in Villa's visit to the stadium other than to see a shrine of sports.

The shirt was a nice little gesture. The Cowboys sent us Dan Bailey (a frigging kicker!?!?) and the head of their media relations or whatever. We didn't exactly get a partnership-styled red carpet rollout.
USVillan

Back to top Go down

Post by CTVillan Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:10 pm

Can't someone with a twitter account just ask Arison if he was in Dallas last night, or is that not how it works ?
CTVillan

Back to top Go down

Post by gdav Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:13 pm

What a day!!!  :scratch:
gdav
gdav

Back to top Go down

Post by jvilla Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:17 pm

The axis of Villa, Arison and Dallas Cowboys don't make much sense, but Arison doing deals with Dallas Cowboys and also with Villa does - and that is based on the reporting of the money people in the telegraph, who refuse to stop making the connection.

We are a funny group, but up until someone said "that looks a bit like Arison" we weren't collectively imagining a Colnel Sanders look-a-like, today we all had to learn what Arison looks like, and there is photo evidence of him and a woman appearing together elsewhere and also with Randy at Toyota Stadium. Plus we have our media guy denying it could have been Micky - but the states is a huge place, bigger than balsall heath, so what on earth are the odds that we connect Arison with Dallas hours before it turns out to be the case?

The truth is out there, and probably soon to be announced.
jvilla
jvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:19 pm

CTVillan wrote:Can't someone with a twitter account just ask Arison if he was in Dallas last night, or is that not how it works ?

I'm sure TheEgo can ask, I don't have or want any folks like that on my twitter.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 22 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:20 pm

Okay, I'm coming off this forum now - I need to eat lunch, dinner, take several pisses, blink & speak to my family; all the things I haven't done while I've refreshing this site all day.  :shock: 
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:22 pm

Dions_Bald_Head wrote:Okay, I'm coming off this forum now - I need to eat lunch, dinner, take several pisses, blink & speak to my family; all the things I haven't done while I've refreshing this site all day.  :shock: 

Tell me about it pal  Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by jvilla Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:22 pm

Dions_Bald_Head wrote:Okay, I'm coming off this forum now - I need to eat lunch, dinner, take several pisses, blink & speak to my family; all the things I haven't done while I've refreshing this site all day.  :shock: 

I allowed my 1 year old to walk into a 2 foot hole, while watching his trajectory towards it, but choosing to refresh the current page of TBAR.
jvilla
jvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:23 pm

CTVillan wrote:Can't someone with a twitter account just ask Arison if he was in Dallas last night, or is that not how it works ?

Just did 8) 

Hi Micky, Theres a wonderful, very famous and traditional Football Club in England whom could do great things with you at the helm. Have a word with Randy, he will tell you all about it

Cant believe ive just done that Embarassed 
My Old Man
My Old Man

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 22 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonB6 Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:26 pm

Has it been decided if it was him for detonate in the photo ?
AstonB6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next