The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Mansfield v villa all in one match thread

+24
Morpheus
expatvilla
Trotters
Mazrim
jvilla
HarryAVFC
LVBrit
Villa_Dan
Tomy-Flemba
mefromhere
CoE82
MinnyVilla
USVillan
whiteensign
The Utterer
johnny noodles
Keyser Soze
cgale
Jimmycarr
River
mickeywya
Dek of Villa
Leafs1201
Green Villan
28 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Mansfield v villa all in one match thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Mansfield v villa all in one match thread

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:37 pm

Great start to preseason

Let's be fair, these games are meaningless BUT with the uncertainty and cloud hanging over the club we need some momentum and reasons to be cheerful
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Mansfield v villa all in one match thread - Page 4 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Mansfield v villa all in one match thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Mansfield v villa all in one match thread

Post by USVillan Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:39 pm

It's almost like Bent, Hutton, and N'Zogbia played with a point to prove. Who made the boneheaded decision to give those guys something to play for?!?
USVillan

Mansfield v villa all in one match thread - Page 4 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:42 pm

USVillan wrote:It's almost like Bent, Hutton, and N'Zogbia played with a point to prove. Who made the boneheaded decision to give those guys something to play for?!?

Exactly  Laughing  ..Go figure  lol! 
The Utterer
The Utterer

Mansfield v villa all in one match thread - Page 4 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by CoE82 Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:43 pm

DO we know who's idea it was to have a bomb squad, i cant believe Lambert would of wanted to elimate premiership experience players just for the sake of it.

Great 2nd half, if when everyone is fit its not a bad squad if all players are given a chance and allowed to play.

CoE82
CoE82

Back to top Go down

Post by LVBrit Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:44 pm

cgale wrote:Hutton looks far more relaxed in his playing , rather suggesting that he was trying too hard to impress in earlier appearances for Villa

Have to agree, Hutton looked like a different player. Was very impressed. Bent also looked sharp and a good steady debut from Richardson. Zog also looked a little more like his old self. Lets hope Keane will have some influence on getting some of these so called bomb squad players back in the team, god knows we need the experience out there.
LVBrit

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:45 pm

CoE82 wrote:DO we know who's idea it was to have a bomb squad, i cant believe Lambert would of wanted to elimate premiership experience players just for the sake of it.

Great 2nd half, if when everyone is fit its not a bad squad if all players are given a chance and allowed to play.

What manager with any pride would accept it if it was imposed on him ?
If it was lerners decision it makes lambert look even weaker than I possibly imagined .

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:47 pm

I actually can't remember the last time i felt "secure" with us in possession but that second half with the ball on our right side i did for a change. What a difference with a bit of quality in the side.
The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by cgale Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:48 pm

USVillan wrote:It's almost like Bent, Hutton, and N'Zogbia played with a point to prove. Who made the boneheaded decision to give those guys something to play for?!?
I've said plenty on Zog in other topics so I'll reserve my judgement
Bent looked his old self , or should I say the self many clubs have seen in his 1st season with them, which is good news for us if he continues in the same vein for the rest of the season
Hutton as I said earlier in the topic looked far more relaxed , and if he can continue producing such performances his return to Villa Park hopefully will be more welcoming
cgale

Back to top Go down

Post by CoE82 Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:49 pm

Eastie wrote:
CoE82 wrote:DO we know who's idea it was to have a bomb squad, i cant believe Lambert would of wanted to elimate premiership experience players just for the sake of it.

What manager with any pride would accept it if it was imposed on him ?
If it was lerners decision it makes lambert look even weaker than I possibly imagined .

I have to agree on the weak comment, i truely believe it was ordered from above, as our clueless owner must of though he could do this and players would leave, sadly if he had any football knowledge he would of known that doing so would only devalue them if anyone wanted to buy them.

Looking at our striking options when all fit is pretty good, Bent, Benteke, Gabby, Wiemann and kozak there's plenty of teams that dont have that fire power at there disposal, hopefully we get our tactics right and exploit this fire power.
CoE82
CoE82

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:50 pm

A positive night on the whole - next stop USA.

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:58 pm

Huge Credit to Bent. Left Lambert with egg on his face tonight. Start him against Stoke

Liked the look of Bacuna at RM and Hutton and Zoggy second half.

Glad Gardner scored. Liked the look of Carruthers in CM. Those two, Delph and Westy hopefully main options. KEA just gets more useless and useless.

No need for Baker and herd.move those two on as well

Should have enough fire power with Kosak Benteke and Bent. Hopefully Zoggy Tonev and Bacuna can supply them out wide and Cole and Grealish from CAM

If the squad is used correctly, I don't think we really to buy again this summer, nothing desperately anyway
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Back to top Go down

Post by LVBrit Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:58 pm

Have to say feeling a little more confident after watching a couple of those perfomances. Lets hope PL is true to his word and everyone does get a clean slate and he doesn't revert back to his disaster movie format for the opening game.
LVBrit

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:06 pm

The USA tour will bring a surprise or two me thinks. Just a hunch.

Back to top Go down

Post by LVBrit Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:07 pm

PDC Lion wrote:The USA tour will bring a surprise or two me thinks. Just a hunch.

Why? Are we signing Quasimodo  Tumbleweed 
LVBrit

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny noodles Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:30 pm

And now you're gonna believe us Scarf Waving Scarf Waving 
johnny noodles
johnny noodles

Back to top Go down

Post by jvilla Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:31 pm

Richardson looked good, covered a lot of ground, I think we will be flying with him on the counter, and with Okore's sharp passing to the front - could see some lightning goals. The ONLY time I buy AVTV for a month.
jvilla
jvilla

Mansfield v villa all in one match thread - Page 4 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by jvilla Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:43 pm

Not a footy comment but very sad about the number of dutch killed on downed airliner in Ukraine, could have been brits, could have been brummies.
jvilla
jvilla

Mansfield v villa all in one match thread - Page 4 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by LVBrit Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:44 pm

jvilla wrote:Not a footy comment but very sad about the number of dutch killed on downed airliner in Ukraine, could have been brits, could have been brummies.

+1
LVBrit

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:46 pm

HarryAVFC wrote:

If the squad is used correctly, I don't think we really to buy again this summer, nothing desperately anyway

And I think you're crazy. We need some quality and desperately. This was a kickabout against a mickey mouse team. I'm glad we played OK but we're miles away from what we need.
Mazrim
Mazrim

Mansfield v villa all in one match thread - Page 4 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:50 pm

LVBrit wrote:
jvilla wrote:Not a footy comment but very sad about the number of dutch killed on downed airliner in Ukraine, could have been brits, could have been brummies.

+1

There are Brits - being discussed in off topic .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:52 pm

Mazrim wrote:
HarryAVFC wrote:

And I think you're crazy. We need some quality and desperately. This was a kickabout against a mickey mouse team. I'm glad we played OK but we're miles away from what we need.

He was saying yesterday how shit we are and certain to be relegated - take it with a pinch of salt maz !

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:55 pm

@StanPetrov19: @MatKendrick thats what bombs do. Explode at some point!

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:59 pm

So 4-3-3 in the first half and 4-4-2 in the second? Is that right?
Trotters
Trotters

Mansfield v villa all in one match thread - Page 4 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:01 pm

@MatKendrick: Bomb Squad back with a BANG!: Here's my report from Mansfield 1 Aston Villa 3 #avfc http://t.co/5BBuFXONT4

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:11 pm

Mazrim wrote:
HarryAVFC wrote:

"miles away"...interesting.

I'm assuming you expect us to be challenging for Europe next season then? we are certainly not "miles away from mid table.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next