The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Takeover speculation - we go again .....

+92
Jim
Kakacroom
Saunders
TheLeftSide
Alpe_DHuez
Billy Walker
gdale1
expatvilla
M. E. Ward
H+V
Coseley Villa
Zidane
Kaz
aboclaretandblue
VTID85
smoke
jamavfc1
jvilla
ejs1111
De Kuip
any82
chrisw1
B62 Villa
snakevilla
Keyser Soze
Mazrim
larvin86
Wookster
nabbyy
Withes Sweatbands
Hornso
thegaffer6
Morgan Villa
James_Curtis
villashrew
RoyRace
DR Peters
Malandro
DN1982
Leafs1201
River
heystally!
kimbo
South London Villan
upthevilla76
Longboy
Mreze
Green Villan
Rawlie
Mr Beast
Andyh
Denis_B
Villarocks666
R1chuk
bryanallcott1976
MinnyVilla
CoE82
lukevilla
USVillan
GodzoneVilla
CTVillan
LVBrit
EbeneezerGoode
HarryAVFC
Dek of Villa
supermon
Olof Mellberg
Southern Villan
gdav
AVFClee
UnclePanda
Steveallen79
AVit
Poseidon
Sky
Cathal Coughlan's Dog
thinlizzy
The Utterer
Thinman
cgale
MrAstonVilla
villabromsgrove
Jae1411
Jimmycarr
johnny noodles
VillaBill
Villa_Dan
Trotters
holtehero
GadgetMan
My Old Man
Dions_Bald_Head
96 posters

Page 24 of 44 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 34 ... 44  Next

Go down

Takeover speculation - we go again ..... - Page 24 Empty Re: Takeover speculation - we go again .....

Post by Kaz Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:55 pm

It wont happen. I don't think he was ever interested in our great club. I would think he is selling AEG as hes over it all and wants to retire. Stranger things have happened though.
Kaz

Takeover speculation - we go again ..... - Page 24 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Takeover speculation - we go again ..... - Page 24 Empty Re: Takeover speculation - we go again .....

Post by My Old Man Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:02 am

Kaz wrote:It wont happen. I don't think he was ever interested in our great club. I would think he is selling AEG as hes over it all and wants to retire. Stranger things have happened though.

He may well be selling, but does that rule out AEG?

Serious question.
My Old Man
My Old Man

Takeover speculation - we go again ..... - Page 24 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:07 am

Is anyone interested in buying us ?
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:24 am

HarryAVFC wrote:Is anyone interested in buying us ?
I think yes, Lerner said in his last statement that the sale process had been productive and remains ongoing and any further comment on the situation will only be once a definitive Agreement to sell has been agreed at which point he will be prompt and clear.
Keyser Soze

Takeover speculation - we go again ..... - Page 24 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaz Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:51 am

Yes but he is not going to come out and say that we have no interest.

I think if anything was close or productive.. we would not be purchasing over the hill players on freebies. It wont be done before the season starts. At best by Christmas. Possible buyers could be waiting until January to see how Villa are travelling and get Lerner on the cheap if its looking like we may drop.

Make an offer when hes desperate.. then they come in with a few new signings/new manager/new ownership. Give the place a boost and survive and build in the off season.

Although personally I think we will go better than we all think. Benteke and Kozak will be back soon. Darren Bent and Nzogbia will add to the side going forward. Okore and Richardson will shore up the defence. Need another body at DM and we will have a decent season IMO. Plus our current youngsters have another PL season under their belt.
Kaz

Back to top Go down

Post by CTVillan Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:52 am

PDC Lion wrote:
Mardybum72 wrote:
TheEgo wrote:
Morgan Villa wrote:Just read the aeg o2 page, says aeg owns football, basketball and hockey teams in europe. Maybe i am being over optimistic.

They do, they own heerenven (sp) in Sweden.

Should never let facts get in the way of a good story mate!
Like it.
They also own FC Stierscheisse in Germany  Very Happy
CTVillan

Back to top Go down

Post by MinnyVilla Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:46 am

HarryAVFC wrote:Is anyone interested in buying us ?

I am, but the price is way too steep.  :) 
MinnyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:14 am

Kaz wrote:Yes but he is not going to come out and say that we have no interest.

I think if anything was close or productive.. we would not be purchasing over the hill players on freebies. It wont be done before the season starts. At best by Christmas. Possible buyers could be waiting until January to see how Villa are travelling and get Lerner on the cheap if its looking like we may drop.

Make an offer when hes desperate.. then they come in with a few new signings/new manager/new ownership. Give the place a boost and survive and build in the off season.

Although personally I think we will go better than we all think. Benteke and Kozak will be back soon. Darren Bent and Nzogbia will add to the side going forward. Okore and Richardson will shore up the defence. Need another body at DM and we will have a decent season IMO. Plus our current youngsters have another PL season under their belt.

Not so Sure its a case of over the hill players , they are better than what we had before - senderos is a step up on baker and clark, cole a step up on kea. Or sylla and Richardson better than luna or Bennett .
Solid signings with little outlay is decent business for a club up for sale - I think our squad is looking much stronger than last season with the bomb squad boys back and okore and nzogbia.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zidane Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:41 am

its great to see some positivity - we all want villa challenging but for now we have to cut our cloth accordingly - young and hungry or experienced with a point to prove they all have their reasons to perform and now hopefully Keano can add a bit of spice and realism to ensure that when the takeover happens we can b-uild rather than rip it all up and start again utv
Zidane

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:45 am

As the season approaches my thoughts now turn to team affairs , by the way Zidane you haven't rejoined the prediction league yet mate , still waiting on bruka too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:36 am

Eastie wrote:Solid signings with little outlay is decent business for a club up for sale - I think our squad is looking much stronger than last season with the bomb squad boys back and okore and nzogbia.

That comment is spot the fuck on
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Takeover speculation - we go again ..... - Page 24 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinman Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:17 am

Hmm. Yup but we need a competent manager.
Thinman
Thinman

Back to top Go down

Post by cgale Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:39 am

Thinman wrote:Hmm. Yup but we need a competent manager.

have we not one of those ? As surely without one of those we'd have been relegated last season
cgale

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:41 am

cgale wrote:

have we not one of those ? As surely without one of those  we'd have been relegated last season

No we haven't got one - we avoided relegation in spite of him not because of him.

Back to top Go down

Post by jvilla Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:52 am

Competent? Not yet, Lucky? Most def.
jvilla
jvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by cgale Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:54 am

Eastie wrote:
cgale wrote:

have we not one of those ? As surely without one of those  we'd have been relegated last season

No we haven't got one - we avoided relegation in spite of him not because of him.

how can that be surely footie played in a competative league should be judged on the final placing & how that is achieved is only of secondary consideration and then all the factors that may have affected results should have been considered . remembering that a poor manager would have failed when given an almost impossible task , whereas a better one might only struggle !
cgale

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:55 am

cgale wrote:
Eastie wrote:
cgale wrote:

how can that be surely footie  played in a competative league should be judged on the final placing & how that is achieved is only of secondary consideration and then all the factors that may have affected results should have been considered . remembering that a poor manager would have failed when given an almost impossible task , whereas a better one might only struggle !

:moon: :moon: :moon: 

Back to top Go down

Post by jvilla Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:55 am

cgale wrote:
Eastie wrote:
cgale wrote:

how can that be surely footie  played in a competative league should be judged on the final placing & how that is achieved is only of secondary consideration and then all the factors that may have affected results should have been considered . remembering that a poor manager would have failed when given an almost impossible task , whereas a better one might only struggle !

I'm willing to give the guy another chance with more money, but it is not possible to talk up his performance for the last two seasons, no way, he's been pretty rubbish.
jvilla
jvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by villashrew Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:02 am

Nope sorry, he has been useless in my opinion. Some of his team selections and tactics last year were mind boggling to say the least. The bomb squad may or may not of been his idea but as Manager he should have dismissed it completely anyway! Shocking manager for us over the last two seasons no argument as the facts speak for themselves with all of the broken records. With this squad we should have been comfortably mid table even with all of the injuries. Bad selection and tactics were to blame coupled with a few completely inept performances from the players he picked to play. Who knows, maybe a buyer did back out as we were playing for our survival until the penultimate game? So theoretically we could blame Lambert for the failed takeover too?  Laughing  :shock:  affraid  confused 
villashrew
villashrew

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:04 am

Bloody cat has brought another carcass in the house...come here you little fcuker!!!! :evil: 
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by jvilla Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:04 am

My Old Man wrote:Bloody cat has brought another carcass in the house...come here you little fcuker!!!! :evil: 

Sounds pretty handy, can he play midfield?
jvilla
jvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by B62 Villa Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:06 am

Lambert has been a disaster, it amazes me we are still a premier league side. The majority of his signings have been poor( hence even he is trying to offload them), his tactics are from the dark ages, his man mismanagement leaves a lot to be desired, ie treatment of the bomb squad players( only now he needs them, will they give 100% for a bloke who shit on them), his part in bully gate, there is no wY he didn't know what was going on, and if he really didn't it shows how negligent he's been. And to top it all, he's broke every bad record going and been dumped out of the cup on multiple occasions by lower league opposition. I could go on, he's only here because RL wants out, can't be bothered to start the process again as he is hoping to leave it to the next guy. Lambert should have been sacked along time ago, if the club wasn't a complete shambles he would have been. As soon as a takeover happens, his days are numbered, our problem is , that takeover doesn't look like it's happening this season.
B62 Villa
B62 Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:06 am

jvilla wrote:
My Old Man wrote:Bloody cat has brought another carcass in the house...come here you little fcuker!!!! :evil: 

Sounds pretty handy, can he play midfield?

Purring 8) 
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:11 am

villashrew wrote:Nope sorry, he has been useless in my opinion. Some of his team selections and tactics last year were mind boggling to say the least. The bomb squad may or may not of been his idea but as Manager he should have dismissed it completely anyway! Shocking manager for us over the last two seasons no argument as the facts speak for themselves with all of the broken records. With this squad we should have been comfortably mid table even with all of the injuries. Bad selection and tactics were to blame coupled with a few completely inept performances from the players he picked to play. Who knows, maybe a buyer did back out as we were playing for our survival until the penultimate game? So theoretically we could blame Lambert for the failed takeover too?  Laughing  :shock:  affraid  confused 

Spot on mate !

Back to top Go down

Post by cgale Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:20 am

Some of his team selections and tactics last year were mind boggling to say the least.
On face value they certainly seemed that way , but as in many situations one has to look beyond what is to be seen , & look at what facts may have lead to those selections both on the day & the implications for future matches . Footie in the Prem. is after all a squad game & not just about a starting 11 + extras !
cgale

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 44 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 34 ... 44  Next