The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Takeover speculation - we go again .....

+92
Jim
Kakacroom
Saunders
TheLeftSide
Alpe_DHuez
Billy Walker
gdale1
expatvilla
M. E. Ward
H+V
Coseley Villa
Zidane
Kaz
aboclaretandblue
VTID85
smoke
jamavfc1
jvilla
ejs1111
De Kuip
any82
chrisw1
B62 Villa
snakevilla
Keyser Soze
Mazrim
larvin86
Wookster
nabbyy
Withes Sweatbands
Hornso
thegaffer6
Morgan Villa
James_Curtis
villashrew
RoyRace
DR Peters
Malandro
DN1982
Leafs1201
River
heystally!
kimbo
South London Villan
upthevilla76
Longboy
Mreze
Green Villan
Rawlie
Mr Beast
Andyh
Denis_B
Villarocks666
R1chuk
bryanallcott1976
MinnyVilla
CoE82
lukevilla
USVillan
GodzoneVilla
CTVillan
LVBrit
EbeneezerGoode
HarryAVFC
Dek of Villa
supermon
Olof Mellberg
Southern Villan
gdav
AVFClee
UnclePanda
Steveallen79
AVit
Poseidon
Sky
Cathal Coughlan's Dog
thinlizzy
The Utterer
Thinman
cgale
MrAstonVilla
villabromsgrove
Jae1411
Jimmycarr
johnny noodles
VillaBill
Villa_Dan
Trotters
holtehero
GadgetMan
My Old Man
Dions_Bald_Head
96 posters

Page 13 of 44 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 28 ... 44  Next

Go down

Takeover speculation - we go again ..... - Page 13 Empty Re: Takeover speculation - we go again .....

Post by Guest Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:23 pm

PDC Lion wrote:This is turning into the best thread on the entire t'internet.
Superb thread with some fantastic posts.
UTV.

You clearly have never been on the fantasy night with keira knightley thread Wink

Back to top Go down

Takeover speculation - we go again ..... - Page 13 Empty Re: Takeover speculation - we go again .....

Post by villashrew Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:33 pm

Takeover speculation - we go again ..... - Page 13 13999811
villashrew
villashrew

Takeover speculation - we go again ..... - Page 13 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by heystally! Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:34 pm

I think expectations is a huge factor in the perceived decline of AVFC the last few years. And that's not to say that we haven't declined, but it definitely feels worse because under MON we had a chance of some progress into the big time. I'm not sure we ever would have without further significant investment but it certainly felt close.

As a season ticket holder throughout that period, I find it much easier to blame Lerner and MON for the mess. Lerner should have kept tighter control over the finances and was naive for allowing MON the amount of control he had. Had he kept things more stable and gave finances in a more gradual way then we could have continued to spend over a longer period.

But the way MON used some of that money was just unbelievable. In his time I saw some really excellent pieces of business (Young, Milner and Downing all gave at least one important season and we made profit on all of them, Petrov eventually came good, Carew for Baros was inspired, and we had a solid defence for a few years) but alongside that we had some extremely average purchases for more wages than should have been allowed - my assumption is that Shorey, Beye, Sidwell, Davies, Heskey et al were between £20k and £70k per week? To sit on the bench. If they were actually used (Heskey aside) then their wages could be partly justified. But the fact MON just did not use them, or any kind of squad rotation, cost us the top four at least two of those seasons.

I'm not a Lambert fan, and I believe that he should be replaced and we could do better with a different manager. But I appreciate it's a tough time, as it was for McLeish, as it was for Houllier (yet Lambert has much more time than McLeish despite similar performances and results - another debate for another time). And the fans don't help with their heightened expectations. Realistically with this squad the best we should be finishing is mid-table, but most expect more.

But the reason they expect more is because Lerner has previously given us more. And now he's taken it away, not because of circumstances outside of his control but because he and MON fucked up in the first place and left us unsustainable.
heystally!

Takeover speculation - we go again ..... - Page 13 0_star10

http://aviewfromtheholteend.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AVFClee Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:00 pm

Fantastic post heystally Beer 

Mr Lerner should have ensured the wage budget was run and maintained on a sustainable basis no doubt that why i blame him for the overall problems and mess we have suffered ever since, MoN bought many poor buys but so do many other managers Fergie to name a few, but the only part i disagree slightly with is the expectations, yes Mr Lerner raised the bar but the whole reason we wanted rid of Deadly was for the lack of ambition at the club and fans not accepting being run like a small club, so the expectation levels from my era 80's 90's was always to be in the top 6 anyway and challenge for cups before Lerner came along, it was just we wasn't achieving that why fans turned on Deadly, now Lerner has just turned into another Deadly but without the football nouse imo, great post though chap!
AVFClee
AVFClee

Back to top Go down

Post by AVFClee Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:01 pm

P.S i love that for sale advert  lol! lol! 
AVFClee
AVFClee

Back to top Go down

Post by James_Curtis Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:46 pm

Guys this is my first post on here but anyway...... IncogAVFC tweeting a few interesting this tonight.
First is about if a takeover situation isnt clear by 1st August then it is not happening and a Bundesliga manager has apparently been approached. Oh and its a crucial two weeks for villa. Not really sure what the last bit means but we shall see!
James_Curtis

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:49 pm

Another great post by Heystally, keep up the quality posts everyone..

Oh and a big thanks to those that have followed the TBAR twitter account and RT over 300 followers since yesterday late morning. coming along nicely and hopefully even more great posts like today. For those that aren't aware it's @AVFCforumTBAR. Thanks
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Takeover speculation - we go again ..... - Page 13 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmycarr Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:00 pm

@IncogAVFC: Bundesliga manager approached according to a colleague at Mainz #avfc
Jimmycarr
Jimmycarr

Back to top Go down

Post by heystally! Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:06 pm

AVFClee wrote:Mr Lerner should have ensured the wage budget was run and maintained on a sustainable basis no doubt that why i blame him for the overall problems and mess we have suffered ever since, MoN bought many poor buys but so do many other managers Fergie to name a few, but the only part i disagree slightly with is the expectations, yes Mr Lerner raised the bar but the whole reason we wanted rid of Deadly was for the lack of ambition at the club and fans not accepting being run like a small club, so the expectation levels from my era 80's 90's was always to be in the top 6 anyway and challenge for cups before Lerner came along, it was just we wasn't achieving that why fans turned on Deadly, now Lerner has just turned into another Deadly but without the football nouse imo, great post though chap!

My first Villa experiences were in the early 90s as a kid. Went to the 1994 final at the old Wembley by collecting coupons on the programmes, so attended a fair few league games too. But never really clicked the significance of league position.

Fell out of love with football around the early 2000s and only got back during DoL's reign. So for me, expectations have been low anyway until Lerner, which is why I feel that extra sense of disappointment in the current state of affairs.

I guess for supporters with longer memories then things are different. I know Doug was strict with his spending so the first three or four years under Lerner probably felt like a breath of fresh air. To then have that taken away probably brings it back to same old same old.

I still believe we could be doing better though and I blame the current manager for our performances the last two years. Others try to defend him using the Lerner defence ("circumstances forced upon him") but that doesn't account for excellent performances against some big teams and some piss poor against others we should be beating.

I'm desperate for the takeover to happen, less for the investment as I think our young team will only get better if we can hold onto Delph and Vlaar. My main hope is that we'll get a new manager.
heystally!

http://aviewfromtheholteend.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by gdav Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:07 pm

Yeah I also think if it doesn't happen by august it probably won't until next summer.  No
gdav
gdav

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:10 pm

Jimmycarr wrote:@IncogAVFC: Bundesliga manager approached according to a colleague at Mainz #avfc

Also just replied to me. I said why would Lerner approach another manager now and not I'm may. And he replied, I didn't say Lerner. In which case he's referring to Howard Hodgson info on this very forum.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by UnclePanda Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:11 pm

Jimmycarr wrote:@IncogAVFC: Bundesliga manager approached according to a colleague at Mainz #avfc

well, Mainz gaffer last season - Thomas Tuchel - did quit as the end of last season... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Tuchel

But Im pretty sure he was linked to take over the Germany job if/when Low leaves
UnclePanda
UnclePanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Villa Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:13 pm

I am expecting a return of at least one ITK tomorrow, the WC is at an end.

Will we be taken over this week?
Morgan Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by UnclePanda Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:13 pm

Morgan Villa wrote:I am expecting a return of at least one ITK tomorrow, the WC is at an end.

Will we be taken over this week?

na, noone will believe them!
UnclePanda
UnclePanda

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:21 pm

Telegraph saying KI will sign next week ? Hope so
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Takeover speculation - we go again ..... - Page 13 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:27 pm

Ki and Delph not a bad partnership what so ever. Get Zoggy back

Just hope we keep Vlaar and kore now
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:31 pm

I have it on pretty good authority the incogavfc account is bogus. Just linked to Howard's post about a potential takeover where he mentioned a manager and he's gone very quiet. Great publicity for TBAR Though Wink
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmycarr Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:33 pm

TheEgo wrote:I have it on pretty good authority the incogavfc account is bogus. Just linked to Howard's post about a potential takeover where he mentioned a manager and he's gone very quiet. Great publicity for TBAR Though Wink

You've answered my question then so, no surprise.
Jimmycarr
Jimmycarr

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:45 pm

Jimmycarr wrote:
TheEgo wrote:I have it on pretty good authority the incogavfc account is bogus. Just linked to Howard's post about a potential takeover where he mentioned a manager and he's gone very quiet. Great publicity for TBAR Though Wink

You've answered my question then so, no surprise.

Yes personally I'd take him/her with a pinch of salt.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:58 pm

6.5 mill for Ki. That's a lot for us
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Back to top Go down

Post by thegaffer6 Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:20 pm

HarryAVFC wrote:6.5 mill for Ki. That's a lot for us

Where've you seen the figure? That is quite a sum by our standards!
thegaffer6
thegaffer6

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:23 pm

Some guy on twitter who said three days ago we have bid for Ki. The chap doesn't tweet very often. Question is, have we got that money from selling Delph? Hope to go not
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:25 pm

HarryAVFC wrote:Some guy on twitter who said three days ago we have bid for Ki. The chap doesn't tweet very often. Question is, have we got that money from selling Delph? Hope to go not

£6.5m is a lot less than the £10-15m reported budget.....please be positive about something...just once.....give it a try, you might like it!!

Back to top Go down

Post by cgale Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:30 pm

Ki is listed on Transfermarkt @ £5.72m so £6.5 is not that far off the mark
cgale

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 44 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 28 ... 44  Next