The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Takeover speculation - hopefully :)

+90
Chicken
Steveallen79
Mykey38
Sky
George
Deano69
MadVillan
EbeneezerGoode
USVillan
mefromhere
expatvilla
upthevilla76
Villa jimmy
AVit
Sceptical Villan
VillaSteve
Kaz
Thinman
GodzoneVilla
MinnyVilla
Jim
tbarrules
LVBrit
mini_ beest
johnny noodles
thetrees
Mikethevillan
Villa Youth
Misterp
COE1982
pcfbavfcoman
andrew24561
larvin86
villabromsgrove
jvilla
boomtown_flats
Alpe_DHuez
Leafs1201
Villafran
Malandro
Withes Sweatbands
Longboy
mr woo
CTVillan
Villarocks666
Andyh
H+V
Monkeywrench
Jae1411
Cathal Coughlan's Dog
villashrew
Texas_Mike
gwentvillan
Mooseman
Kakacroom
lukevilla
Keyser Soze
heystally!
BournVilla
HarryAVFC
Morgan Villa
South London Villan
AVFClee
Dek of Villa
DN1982
Poseidon
cgale
Saunders
Synopsis
whiteensign
Denis_B
UnclePanda
Green Villan
gdav
chrisw1
SCATTERBAD
Trotters
thinlizzy
omariqy
banneruk
God_wore_number5
holtehero
RoyRace
Dions_Bald_Head
Villa_Dan
Southern Villan
My Old Man
GadgetMan
Jimmycarr
Zidane
94 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Takeover speculation  - hopefully :) - Page 4 Empty Re: Takeover speculation - hopefully :)

Post by cgale Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:59 am

DN1982 wrote:I've thought for a long time Randy put us up for sale at the wrong time. The last set of accounts show a loss. We finished the season terribly. So anybody looking from an outsiders perspective would think what a load of crap and not worth it. This is where the IF's come out. IF he stayed for the short term and invested  20m this summer that would be offset by the profit we are supposed to be making. So he wouldn't lose anymore money and 2/3 very good players would help greatly. IF we then had a good season top 10 is easily achievable IMO the whole club would be on the up and look a far more interesting proposition than we are now. Randy will have to make a decision soon though to protect his investment for next year as relegation is unthinkable.

But was it the wrong time ? Certainly from a financial stand point it probably was , but with a fan revolt gradually getting stronger something had to happen . And the announcement that the club was for sale certainly gave fans hope .
As to what Randy does to ensure the club does not sink taking much of his investment with it remains to be seen . Lambert has certainly suggested that we have not seen the end of changes in the squad so we will have to wait & see . But it is World Cup year & last time that happened much of the tranfer business did not happen until after the Cup was over & players had reurned to their clubs
cgale

Takeover speculation  - hopefully :) - Page 4 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Takeover speculation  - hopefully :) - Page 4 Empty Re: Takeover speculation - hopefully :)

Post by Guest Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:06 pm

cgale wrote:
DN1982 wrote:I've thought for a long time Randy put us up for sale at the wrong time. The last set of accounts show a loss. We finished the season terribly. So anybody looking from an outsiders perspective would think what a load of crap and not worth it. This is where the IF's come out. IF he stayed for the short term and invested  20m this summer that would be offset by the profit we are supposed to be making. So he wouldn't lose anymore money and 2/3 very good players would help greatly. IF we then had a good season top 10 is easily achievable IMO the whole club would be on the up and look a far more interesting proposition than we are now. Randy will have to make a decision soon though to protect his investment for next year as relegation is unthinkable.

But was it the wrong time ? Certainly from a financial stand point it probably was , but with a fan revolt gradually getting stronger something had to happen . And the announcement that the club was for sale certainly gave fans hope .
As to what Randy does to ensure the club does not sink taking much of his investment with it remains to be seen . Lambert has certainly suggested that we have not seen the end of changes in the squad so we will have to wait & see . But it is World Cup year & last time that happened much of the tranfer business did not happen until after the Cup was over & players had reurned to their clubs

Are you expecting new signings Colin or sales of the Crown Jewels which are somewhat less shiny than the ones we sold 3 years ago .

Benteke will stay because of his injury on my opinion but we have few assets who would attract decent bids - Delph and Vlaar having a year left on contract somewhat lessens their selling value.

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:15 pm

Next set of accounts will show a profit. All the cost cutting has led to this. Perfect time to sell. Not a chance he will do a u turn. He's too busy walking amongst his own to want to come back. The rumour is just that. Won't happen. We won't see or hear from Randy again until we are sold and even then, I think he's already said his farewell.

Last edited by TheEgo on Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Takeover speculation  - hopefully :) - Page 4 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dek of Villa Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:16 pm

Nothing is sure in this life except Randy doing a u-turn at the Villa LOL
Dek of Villa
Dek of Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by AVFClee Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:47 pm

The sale been told by pal is being negotiated and ''they'' have been seen at the ground by employee's at Villa hence why my mate heard about it, thats all he told me and knows? I'm surprised as i was preparing for a long hard season ahead but there is a chance maybe afterall?
AVFClee
AVFClee

Back to top Go down

Post by cgale Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:55 pm

Eastie wrote:
cgale wrote:

Are you expecting new signings Colin or sales of the Crown Jewels which are somewhat less shiny than the ones we sold 3 years ago .

Benteke will stay because of his injury on my opinion but we have few assets who would attract decent bids - Delph and Vlaar having a year left on contract somewhat lessens their selling value.

Well we'll get a couple of quid for Bent & a few pence for Given , but more importantly we'll have their wages off the books hardly the crown jewels & the rumours I've heard vary but suggest £10-15m in the kitty , not a vast sum but more than nothing , and I still beleive that with the right support the current squad can produce the same sort of results that they produced against the top teams against some of the so called lesser teams . Defeat by whom it would seem were more significant to some fans than the top class wins that Villa did @ times produce
cgale

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:30 pm

Stab in the dark for you...

Irishman Larry J Goodman.

Was in Birmingham this week, with rumours that prospective new owners were shown around.

He is worth just short of a Billion, but could be a front. All guess work on my part Laughing 
My Old Man
My Old Man

Takeover speculation  - hopefully :) - Page 4 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:44 pm

Taa My Old Man.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:46 pm

Any glimmer of hope is better than the prospect of staring into the darkness under Lerner and lambert :)

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:25 pm

Sure is Eastie
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Zidane Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:35 pm

In reference to the kitty it is still considerably more than a number of clubs will spend so as long as it is spent wisely we will be fine - i'm glad to see some experience come in to steady the ship in an injury crisis and more importantly lambert has taken a different stance now he knows he's on borrowed time. The takeover will happen and then we will know whats what. For now lets just watch it unfold and hope if it doesnt happen soon Keano has the short term impact I suspect he will. UTV
Zidane

Back to top Go down

Post by AVFClee Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:46 pm

My Old Man wrote:Stab in the dark for you...

Irishman Larry J Goodman.

Was in Birmingham this week, with rumours that prospective new owners were shown around.

He is worth just short of a Billion, but could be a front. All guess work on my part Laughing 

This is interesting, i'm sure a while back someone mentioned an Irish bloke interested in us? The chap i know has never before heard anything when all the speculation was rife in May time, so the person he knows in Head office who told him people was being shown around the place may be the real deal who knows, lets hope so.
AVFClee
AVFClee

Back to top Go down

Post by cgale Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:53 pm

cgale

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:16 pm

A 77yr old ? I wouldn't have thought so .

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:42 pm

Dodgy rumour over at VT that villa sold to a US buyer and he insisted on Roy Keane. Will be announced in September. Meanwhile I'm off out with Mila Kunis and Zooey Deschanel later for dinner then a threeway.....

Total BS. If people are going to make stuff up, at least make it a little bit interesting. Poor effort by that man.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:01 pm

TheEgo wrote:Dodgy rumour over at VT that villa sold to a US buyer and he insisted on Roy Keane. Will be announced in September. Meanwhile I'm off out with Mila Kunis and Zooey Deschanel later for dinner then a threeway.....

Total BS. If people are going to make stuff up, at least make it a little bit interesting. Poor effort by that man.

sorry ego ms Kunis just told me that whilst she likes you, she loves me! Your out.
South London Villan
South London Villan

Takeover speculation  - hopefully :) - Page 4 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:11 pm

South London Villan wrote:
TheEgo wrote:Dodgy rumour over at VT that villa sold to a US buyer and he insisted on Roy Keane. Will be announced in September. Meanwhile I'm off out with Mila Kunis and Zooey Deschanel later for dinner then a threeway.....

sorry ego ms Kunis just told me that whilst she likes you, she loves me! Your out.

Two timmimg floozy. Good job I have Amanda Seyfried on speed dial. Now she LOVES me.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:17 pm

TheEgo wrote:

Two timmimg floozy. Good job I have Amanda Seyfried on speed dial. Now she LOVES me.

You may have her on speed dial but I have her in my bed Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Villa Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:12 pm

After some serious thought i am thinking of renewing. I was going to hold back until Lambert had gone.

I am no fan of Randy either, my reason for wanting to go back are first and foremost i love the club. Until a new owner is found i see no point in changing the manager, i think the constant upheaval will do us more harm than good. Once a new owner is found i hope the club replace Lambert. I also feel the club needs us fans.

I dont want to get embroiled in a Lerner debate, but i was wondering if other fans who have held off from renewing are feeling the same way as myself
Morgan Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:39 pm

Morgan Villa wrote:After some serious thought i am thinking of renewing. I was going to hold back until Lambert had gone.

I am no fan of Randy either,  my reason for wanting to go back are first and foremost i love the club.  Until a new owner is found i see no point in changing the manager, i think the constant upheaval will do us more harm than good.  Once a new owner is found i hope the club replace Lambert.  I also feel the club needs us fans.

I dont want to  get embroiled in a Lerner debate, but i was wondering if other fans who have held off from renewing are feeling the same way as myself

Renewed end of April...no questions, no hesitation, no doubts....I love Aston Villa. full stop!

Scarf Waving 

Back to top Go down

Post by DN1982 Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:06 pm

I think the time for a Lambert to be sacked has gone. If we are sold once the season is under way I hope Lambert stays and the reason for that is we will be doing well in the league. I'll be renewing shortly and I'll support the team and the manager as usual and hopefully we will be playing the sort of football we want and winning games. There's plenty of reasons people have for not renewing but I think who the manager and chairman is is not one as we support Aston Villa and that is a constant Players. Chairman and managers come and go. All I ask next season is we have a team that's not torture to watch. Lambert knows he has to do better and with the spectre of a takeover coming he will have to be doing very well to keep his job.
DN1982

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Villa Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:32 pm

DN1982 wrote:I think the time for a Lambert to be sacked has gone. If we are sold once the season is under way I hope Lambert stays and the reason for that is we will be doing well in the league. I'll be renewing shortly and I'll support the team and the manager as usual and hopefully we will be playing the sort of football we want and winning games. There's plenty of reasons people have for not renewing but I think who the manager and chairman is is not one as we support Aston Villa and that is a constant Players. Chairman and managers come and go. All I ask next season is we have a team that's not torture to watch. Lambert knows he has to do better and with the spectre of a takeover coming he will have to be doing very well to keep his job.

Very well put, the football last season was terrible and in a lot of games in effective. In Lamberts first season the link up play between Lowton, CNZ and Wiemann was central to some of the attractive one half displays we had. If we play similar to that i will be very happy. I also think Joe Cole when used correctly is a very good player, was mis used at Liverpool and West Ham but had a great season in France.
Morgan Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:35 pm

Eastie wrote:
TheEgo wrote:

You may have her on speed dial but I have her in my bed Wink

No way Amanda is mine, she doesn't share.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:41 pm

Yeah,it is.

Age kind of rules it out does'nt it....

Ah well...next Very Happy 
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by cgale Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:45 pm

My Old Man wrote:

Yeah,it is.

Age kind of rules it out does'nt it....

Ah well...next Very Happy 
It was not just his age I noticed as reading on I started to think about Small Heath's owner
cgale

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next