The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Takeover speculation - hopefully :)

+90
Chicken
Steveallen79
Mykey38
Sky
George
Deano69
MadVillan
EbeneezerGoode
USVillan
mefromhere
expatvilla
upthevilla76
Villa jimmy
AVit
Sceptical Villan
VillaSteve
Kaz
Thinman
GodzoneVilla
MinnyVilla
Jim
tbarrules
LVBrit
mini_ beest
johnny noodles
thetrees
Mikethevillan
Villa Youth
Misterp
COE1982
pcfbavfcoman
andrew24561
larvin86
villabromsgrove
jvilla
boomtown_flats
Alpe_DHuez
Leafs1201
Villafran
Malandro
Withes Sweatbands
Longboy
mr woo
CTVillan
Villarocks666
Andyh
H+V
Monkeywrench
Jae1411
Cathal Coughlan's Dog
villashrew
Texas_Mike
gwentvillan
Mooseman
Kakacroom
lukevilla
Keyser Soze
heystally!
BournVilla
HarryAVFC
Morgan Villa
South London Villan
AVFClee
Dek of Villa
DN1982
Poseidon
cgale
Saunders
Synopsis
whiteensign
Denis_B
UnclePanda
Green Villan
gdav
chrisw1
SCATTERBAD
Trotters
thinlizzy
omariqy
banneruk
God_wore_number5
holtehero
RoyRace
Dions_Bald_Head
Villa_Dan
Southern Villan
My Old Man
GadgetMan
Jimmycarr
Zidane
94 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Takeover speculation  - hopefully :) - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeover speculation - hopefully :)

Post by Guest Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:05 pm

SCATTERBAD wrote:A lot of people here need to start taking chill pills..too many people taking things personal,dont want to turn into that shithole full of backstabbers and begrudgers that is villatalk.
 Very Happy :moon: 

Back to top Go down

Takeover speculation  - hopefully :) - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeover speculation - hopefully :)

Post by chrisw1 Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:13 pm

SCATTERBAD wrote:A lot of people here need to start taking chill pills..too many people taking things personal,dont want to turn into that shithole full of backstabbers and begrudgers that is villatalk.

It does get boring keep telling yourself how much better your are than VT.

They started off in exactly the same way by the way, wanting to be a little different to H&V. Both remain pretty strong and on the whole decent forums, give or take the odd twot.

All forums are largely the same - they reflect the general public, lots of decent folk and a few muppets. Create your own identity, no need to keep referencing others.
chrisw1

Takeover speculation  - hopefully :) - Page 3 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:24 pm

chrisw1 wrote:

It does get boring keep telling yourself how much better your are than VT.

They started off in exactly the same way by the way, wanting to be a little different to H&V.  Both remain pretty strong and on the whole decent forums, give or take the odd twot.

All forums are largely the same - they reflect the general public, lots of decent folk and a few muppets.  Create your own identity, no need to keep referencing others.

Are you for real? Those other sites are full of posters slagging off this place - we have made a clear effort to stamp that out on here and nobody is saying we are way better - we don't want to slag off other forums the way they do to us.

You have now made several digs about this forum in your short time here - if you don't like the way we do things then nobody is forcing to post here chris!

Back to top Go down

Post by chrisw1 Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:27 pm

Show me my digs Eastie.

I think I've made digs about some posts, not so much the forum. I think the forum is fine. It's just my thinking was that it doesn't really help to keep referencing the other forums. That's all I was saying.
chrisw1

Back to top Go down

Post by chrisw1 Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:28 pm

I've re-read my post above and don't see what's in it that merits your response to be honest.

Edit - ok, I've re-read all my posts. I can see why you think I'm a bit negative, although not so much about the forum I don't think that's particularly true. My (2?) posts about the forum read more to me like 'plough your own furrow'
I'm not really a heavy forum poster, I tend to post mostly when things irritate me. I guess that is probably why I come across as negative - if I post it's normally because I disagree with something!

Last edited by chrisw1 on Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
chrisw1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:34 pm

chrisw1 wrote:Show me my digs Eastie.

I think I've made digs about some posts, not so much the forum.  I think the forum is fine.  It's just my thinking was that it doesn't really help to keep referencing the other forums.  That's all I was saying.

Do me a favour chris - count how many times in 5 minutes you see other forums mentioned on here and then go there and do the same - this place was founded because we don't want all the bitching etc - we have a small group here yes but they are bloody decent posters and bring quality debate in the main .

To come here criticising us of referencing other forums smacks of pot calling the kettle .

Back to top Go down

Post by chrisw1 Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:42 pm

ok.

I see what you mean. Even so I think my point is valid. But lets agree to disagree.
chrisw1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:45 pm

chrisw1 wrote:ok.

I see what you mean.  Even so I think my point is valid.  But lets agree to disagree.

Cheers pal , we want people to enjoy coming here and debating villa and life issues - we do not want people coming here slagging other forums - there is plenty of room on the internet for all of us .

Back to top Go down

Post by gdav Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:38 pm

I also think we're sold. The amount of young players being given contract extensions makes me think they know something.
It's also far to quiet on the rumour front.
 Scarf Waving
gdav
gdav

Takeover speculation  - hopefully :) - Page 3 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:39 pm

I'd say it's nothing out of the norm gdav.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Takeover speculation  - hopefully :) - Page 3 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:40 pm

Trotters wrote:
TheEgo wrote:Fully expect to see Gabby's miserable face on the OS on Monday in the training pics. Always looks so bloody miserable to be here.

I always thought he looked like he was about to sneeze. Google his pics and, without looking, I'd say in half of them, he'll look like he's about to launch snot.
r

Haha very good. What I don't like re gabby is he's a very limited player, however as he's seen as a villa lad he's been cut a LOT of slack, yet in return he always seems so miserable and unhappy to be here. He's one of the forts down the tunnel, but SUCH a villa fan. I reckon he'd have gone ages ago if a big club had ever been convinced he's good enough, which he's not.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Takeover speculation  - hopefully :) - Page 3 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by UnclePanda Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:46 pm

Eastie wrote:
omariqy wrote:
God_wore_number5 wrote:Question for the ff/mods where are all your sources that were passing on info at start of this thread(long time ago) have they all been silenced or taken out mafia style by Lerner. Not trying to question or cause offence just curious

Think they realised that those sources did not have a clue.

The original source was and still is adamant that a deal was done but fell through leaving randy in the lurch having made his statement - as for the others they seem to have disappeared when proved wrong - we can only go on what we are told and recently there has been little of note to get excited over.

would you post anything else your sources tell you? I mean, I know youve said theres not alot to get excited about, but if you heard something, would you post it?
UnclePanda
UnclePanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Denis_B Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:54 pm

Deal on table, Lerner agreed then got greedy talking to someone else, 1st person said 'feck it!' and left as he felt offended after making what he thought was an agreement - simples!

Lerner fucks up once again
Denis_B
Denis_B

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:58 pm

TheEgo wrote:
Trotters wrote:
TheEgo wrote:Fully expect to see Gabby's miserable face on the OS on Monday in the training pics. Always looks so bloody miserable to be here.

I always thought he looked like he was about to sneeze. Google his pics and, without looking, I'd say in half of them, he'll look like he's about to launch snot.
r

Haha very good. What I don't like re gabby is he's a very limited player, however as he's seen as a villa lad he's been cut a LOT of slack, yet in return he always seems so miserable and unhappy to be here. He's one of the forts down the tunnel, but SUCH a villa fan. I reckon he'd have gone ages ago if a big club had ever been convinced he's good enough, which he's not.

Agreed mate.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Takeover speculation  - hopefully :) - Page 3 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by UnclePanda Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:25 pm

Interesting they didnt include our other American on this too...

Takeover speculation  - hopefully :) - Page 3 Avfc_410
UnclePanda
UnclePanda

Back to top Go down

Post by UnclePanda Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:26 pm

Okay, its massively clutching at straws, I know. But Im bored!!
UnclePanda
UnclePanda

Back to top Go down

Post by gdav Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:44 pm

Green Villan wrote:I'd say it's nothing out of the norm gdav.

Possibly but would they be even bothering about extending contracts if Lerner so desperately wants out??
Why would young players be looking to stay when we seem to be just managing to tread water??

Probably just wishfully thinking on my part.
gdav
gdav

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:45 pm

UnclePanda wrote:
Eastie wrote:
omariqy wrote:
God_wore_number5 wrote:Question for the ff/mods where are all your sources that were passing on info at start of this thread(long time ago) have they all been silenced or taken out mafia style by Lerner. Not trying to question or cause offence just curious

Think they realised that those sources did not have a clue.

The original source was and still is adamant that a deal was done but fell through leaving randy in the lurch having made his statement - as for the others they seem to have disappeared when proved wrong - we can only go on what we are told and recently there has been little of note to get excited over.

would you post anything else your sources tell you? I mean, I know youve said theres not alot to get excited about, but if you heard something, would you post it?

It would need to be very much nailed on i would imagine but the decision is not mine alone to make.

Back to top Go down

Post by whiteensign Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:54 pm

jimbop wrote:
Mardybum72 wrote:
jimbop wrote:hello lads, one of my pals works with gabbys brother, charisma.  He saying he don't know shit about whats happening but said gabby is on holiday to the Algarve next week, SO AM I! I will hunt the streets for him and if found, I will not let him go until he gives me some info.  I will try lads, believe me.

Gabby will be at BMH on Monday mate.. Perhaps he there this week!

apparently he's being given extra time due to a family problem which prevented him and his family from going on hols.  Vlaar and Senderous were given extra time aswell due to world cup

Maybe Gabby kept June free incase he got the 'call' from Woy Wink
whiteensign
whiteensign

Back to top Go down

Post by Synopsis Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:39 am

Laurie Whitwell (Daily Mail / Fail) wrote:‘I don’t think anyone will go without me saying so,’ said Lambert. ‘Put it that way. I think the lads are happy here and want to get going again. Things will happen with those lads in the next little bit.
‘That will take course through the season. Once we come back on Monday the things will start to roll. I had to get the staff sorted out first.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2680630/Ron-Vlaar-Fabian-Delph-Aston-Villa-stars-not-sale-says-Paul-Lambert.html#ixzz36ZqEHQF6
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

So the Daily Fails article seems to suggest that Lambert believes the club will be opening contract negotiations with Delph, Vlaar and Gabby soon.. personally I don't think that it this puts any indication on the progress of any potential takeover though, you could argue a new owner is sanctioning contracts, or you could argue that Lerner has maybe sanctioned extensions as he knows nothings close. If they are only offered short contracts that could maybe be more of an indication that nothings close perhaps, suppose as always its wait and see.

Personally however I don't believe any things close, I can see PL and RL being here for at least another season.
Synopsis
Synopsis

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:56 am

I wouldn't be surprised if Vlaar and Delph decide to wait and see what happens - both would be free agents next summer and in the clubs current position they may decide to wait and see if there's a takeover or a bidder for them .

I wouldn't worry too much about gabby as who would want him ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:13 am

I have just seen this story on the Villa rumour page, please somebody tell me this is not true.
randy lerner has done a u- turn on the sale of his avfc media story to break by sunday.

Saunders

Back to top Go down

Post by cgale Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:46 am

Saunders wrote:I have just seen this story on the Villa rumour page, please somebody tell me this is not true.
randy lerner has done a u- turn on the sale of his avfc media story to break by sunday.

Rumours are just that ! Rumours ! And there seems to be a few around who delight in creating rumours just for the hell of it , & the press are no better as all they want to do is create news to sell their papers ! And there no point in worrying about something we have no control over
cgale

Back to top Go down

Post by Poseidon Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:22 am

Erm, so let me try and understand this rumour that Randy now wants to stay ?
Despite for the last 4 years if cost cutting,not turning up for any games , risking our premiership status in doing so , employing Meryl lynch to sell us , issuing a statement that he wants out.
It's now rumoured he wants to stay ? What utter bolloxs!
There is more chance in cartoon time returning with its original presenter !
Poseidon
Poseidon

http://www.gotouchyourballs.net

Back to top Go down

Post by DN1982 Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:14 am

I've thought for a long time Randy put us up for sale at the wrong time. The last set of accounts show a loss. We finished the season terribly. So anybody looking from an outsiders perspective would think what a load of crap and not worth it. This is where the IF's come out. IF he stayed for the short term and invested 20m this summer that would be offset by the profit we are supposed to be making. So he wouldn't lose anymore money and 2/3 very good players would help greatly. IF we then had a good season top 10 is easily achievable IMO the whole club would be on the up and look a far more interesting proposition than we are now. Randy will have to make a decision soon though to protect his investment for next year as relegation is unthinkable.
DN1982

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next