The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

ASTON VILLA TAKEOVER THREAD

+29
LVBrit
Gordonsleftboot
Saunders82
Keyser Soze
Rowley Villa
avfcnigel
andrew24561
Terry Derry
danclare82
achilles
Dazzle
gaffer85
STO67
big ming
Dions_Bald_Head
Synopsis
smetro
DelboyVilla
WendyOz
Wriggle
The Utterer
VTID85
UnclePanda
Fpuppys
BillytheKid
FoxyAV
NARLA24
deadbuzzardalive
AstonThriller
33 posters

Page 6 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

ASTON VILLA TAKEOVER THREAD - Page 6 Empty Re: ASTON VILLA TAKEOVER THREAD

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:35 pm

Aston Villa’s Chinese owner Dr Tony Xia has stunned club officials by admitting he doesn’t want to sell to Americans.

Championship Villa are in financial crisis after missing out on promotion to the Premier League in the play-off final.

Xia is now trying to sell a stake in the club to bring in vital investment or potentially even sell up outright.

An American group are interested and are believed to have visited Villa Park for talks.

The deal has been teed up by members of Villa’s UK-based hierarchy but China-based Xia has so far been unwilling to sanction it.

His reluctance to personally deal with Americans reflects international tensions between the two superpowers.

US president Donald Trump has imposed taxes on imports from China - sparking fears of an all-out trade war.

The first tariffs are due to come into effect this month to protect US jobs as part of his ‘America first’ policy.

Now incredibly the repercussions of tensions between the two nations has stretched as far as Villa Park.

It is another headache for the staff on the ground at Villa Park, where chief executive Keith Wyness has left and is suing for constructive dismissal.

In Wyness’ absence, chief commercial officer Luke Organ, finance director Ian Hopson, lawyer Victoria Wilkes and Xia’s executive assistant, Rongtian He, are running things.

He, 29, reports back to Xia and disseminates his instructions to staff including Villa boss Steve Bruce and director of football Steve Round with the first team squad due back on Wednesday for pre-season.

Mirror

Whether there's any truth to that I don't know, as James Nursey does seem to have a personal vendetta against us... And Xia did make a post on Weibo a few months back comparing himself to Trump, so not sure if he hate him that much...
deadbuzzardalive

ASTON VILLA TAKEOVER THREAD - Page 6 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:48 pm

It's in the Mirror....Enough said.. Trash newspaper who are clearly fishing for clicks Fishing
The Utterer
The Utterer

ASTON VILLA TAKEOVER THREAD - Page 6 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:19 pm

It's the Birmingham Mail, but the details are so specific, that I suspect there's some truth to this...

Tony Xia has knocked back another offer for a share of the control at Aston Villa.

It can be revealed that an American group bid £30m for 30 per-cent of the club last month - but it was flat-out rejected.

BirminghamLive understands that representatives from the group visited Villa Park and were hoping to play a part in rebuilding the club.

But despite looking for outside investment - and receiving an offer that matched his financial demands - Xia still turned it down.

That’s now two serious bids rejected by the Chinese businessman.

Last week we revealed that an offer from a European group for 51 per-cent of control was also rejected.

It’s understood that another consortium - who have been linked with a move for Villa before - also met with the current management team consisting of chief commercial officer Luke Organ and others last week.

There has been no formal offer, though.

It’s understood that the American group, who placed a bid for 30 per-cent, were confident of getting the go-ahead.

They were also willing to discuss a potential takeover and offered up the promise of another £15m should promotion be achieved in two years.

Of course there were some proposals of their own.

One of those was to sell star performer Jack Grealish for no less than £40m - and use all of the incoming funds as operating capital.

They understand that the 22-year-old is the club’s prized asset and actually want to keep him on board next season, but losing him for an exorbitant fee wouldn’t be the worse thing to happen if the interest was there.

Xia, however - through his Villa Park representatives - declined the first offer, and that was as far as it got.

They haven’t given up hope, though, and are expected to return with another offer later this week.

Meanwhile, as reported by BirminghamLive last week, two other parties remain keen.

They both have the funds available to invest heavily and continue to support the club in the quest for a return to the Premier League, however new owners would have to comply with Financial Fair Play regulations.

They are now in the process of drawing up their offers.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:42 pm

This is pretty much the same article in the Express and Star, but with this...

Two other groups remain interested and have held initial talks with the owner. Sources close to those negotiations remain hopeful of progress in the coming days,

Which is presumably the same two groups that The Birmingham Live article refers to as having the money to be able to invest heavily... Made me think that maybe Amanda Staveley and PCP could be showing an interest after all, although of course that's just wild guessing.

I hope things are a lot further along than is being suggested, and we hear something concrete this week
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by andrew24561 Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:15 pm

Is Xia related to Carson yung ? a closet blue nose intent on our destruction, or am I being a little bit obsessive !!!!!, because this isn't the action of an international business man whose reputation and money are fast disappearing down the pan. Do the honourable thing and sell up NOW
andrew24561
andrew24561

ASTON VILLA TAKEOVER THREAD - Page 6 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:57 pm

Well if there's any truth to the above articles, and like I said given the very precise information given I suspect that there's probably some truth to them, then unless the club are purposely giving out false information to distract from what's really on, then it seems that Xia is either desperately trying to cling on to power having turned down those two bids, or he's turned them down because a much bigger deal is being worked on with one of the other parties said to be interested.

Knowing our luck in recent times it will be the former.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:47 pm

And how did they get this scoop that he turned them down soley due to them being American?

Can we afford a little optimism & consider that he possibly turned them down for being not up to scratch & that the journalist started putting 2 lego bricks & 2 lego bricks together & tried to make a whole house?

As you can tell I'm dying hard here folks!
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

ASTON VILLA TAKEOVER THREAD - Page 6 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:03 pm

It's James Nursey in the mirror who's saying that he turned them down because they're American, I'm almost certain he's made that up just to stir things up, as it seems he does with every article he writes about Villa.

Birmingham Mail and The Express and Star, just say he's turned them down, but at least their articles aren't completely negative in that they also suggest the US group could be back with an improved bid, and there are two other groups ready to make a bid as well.

I've been waiting for Percy to say something on the matter, as usually when he does things are close, and he's usually there or thereabouts with his information. Or better still for the club to give us some official news, as we really need something concrete rather than speculation.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:17 pm

My fear is that all leaks are from Xia himself to:-

1.Drive up the asking price
2.Divert some attention from himself and the possible sale of JG - and give us hope that all is not lost.

Every day he is here more damage is done to our club and it get that bit harder for us to recover. I am a dreaming but would like someone with Villa at heart to buy us - another chancer chasing the sky cash could end in another re run of the last few weeks.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:02 am

Who takes the first offer someone makes, and who makes their best and final offer first without any room for manoeuvre?

It's excruciating looking for news every day and seeing more rumours and nonsense. I can't wait for the season to start even if our team is made up of reserves and loan players. My great fear though is that Bruce will still be here and the team will be purely defensive and made up of old players we can't sell and loan players no one else wants. Still, every time we lose he can blame the players for not doing what he tells them. My hope though is if Xia sells a chunk or all of the club the new investors/owners make it a condition that Bruce goes. I don't think we can afford to keep hold of Grealish anyway, it would be remarkable if we could start the season without selling anyone and we'd only be delaying the inevitable. There are a lot of managers who could have done a better job with the current squad and if by some remarkable miracle we kept hold of them we could have a chance of promotion and keeping Grealish but even then is he too good to stay and the potential transfer fee and wages he'd get somewhere new too enticing? As much as he's a massive talent he didn't contribute a huge amount to the results this past season. I know that's not the point and he's one of the very few genuine potential Premier League talents we've seen come through the academy in the last few years but we can live without him if it means we get to keep a team that could go for promotion. Bruce did say he wanted to build the team around Grealish and Kodjia and then both were injured. On the other hand when Jack became fit he didn't seem to want to build the team around him - or when Kodjia came back.

One of the recent rumours (see above) says the lot after 30% of the club wanted to sell Grealish for a minimum of £40million. I don't know if he's worth that now, he's shone in a team dragged down by Bruce's negative tactics but hasn't had a season like Seeignon, for example. Not Jack's fault, but there could be a glimmer of hope that no one will be willing to pay what we need him to raise so we might have to find the money elsewhere.

I think we'll live without Grealish but if Bruce stays we'll go backwards.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:04 am

I think whatever happens Bruce will be in charge come the start of the season, only way I could see him going is if one of the  so called bidders for the club has already agreed a deal with a new manager in the event that they successfully manage to buy us.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:30 am

deadbuzzardalive wrote:I think whatever happens Bruce will be in charge come the start of the season, only way I could see him going is if one of the  so called bidders for the club has already agreed a deal with a new manager in the event that they successfully manage to buy us.

Can you imagine though? He's going to have two options of play, either continue with the failure that is real men with experience or try something different that he doesn't know how to do. He's had his shot (twice) and either way he's completely the wrong man for the job. On the plus side if Jack does go it would save him from another season of Bruce.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:03 pm

Just looking back to the 2016 takeover, and days before Xia was announced we had Sky reporting that a consortium of Villa fans had been granted due diligence and The Sun reporting that a group linked to Oracle were in for us, so just goes to show how wide off the mark all the speculation can be. This time around we don't even know if we're actually for sale, which is the frustrating thing, we could be waiting for news, that's never going to happen.

As for Bruce he's back in for preseason tomorrow, I wouldn't be surprised to see him dismiss all the rumors, like Sherwood did in his preseason.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:02 pm

Both Howard Hodgson and John Percy seem to be confirming that Xia has no intention of selling up. Expect a fire sale over the next month, as the transfer window closes in early August.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by UnclePanda Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:02 pm

thatcherlover

@thatcherlover
8h8 hours ago
More
#avfc Apparently 2 bids have now been accepted,the twist,one is an outright sale,the other is a partial share sale of 51%,both bids not near what Xia wanted though and are incentive based.
Expect more details soon.
UnclePanda
UnclePanda

ASTON VILLA TAKEOVER THREAD - Page 6 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Derry Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:36 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Both Howard Hodgson and John Percy seem to be confirming that Xia has no intention of selling up. Expect a fire sale over the next month, as the transfer window closes in early August.
Take no notice of Hodgson. He runs with the hares and the hounds.
Terry Derry
Terry Derry

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:58 pm

'Open Letter from Dr Tony Xia'

Dear supporter,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for your patience during what has been an uncertain period on and off the pitch for the club. Losing out on promotion to the Premier League was a disappointment to us all – not least you, the fans, whose support took us to the brink of promotion.

I would like to apologise for the lack of communication in recent weeks. This has been largely as a consequence of the many business decisions that have been required to be taken as the implications of losing the play-off final become a reality that we must face.

I am now in a position to provide a comprehensive update on the club’s situation in the hope that we can continue our preparation for the season ahead with renewed focus and determination.

For the avoidance of doubt, I remain a proud and committed owner of this football club and with that accept and embrace the responsibilities to the fans, players and staff.

In recent weeks there have been changes at senior management level and these changes have been made with the intention of establishing a focused, calculated approach.

Of course, given the financial realities, it would be prudent of us to be open and receptive to any potential minority strategic investment that would aid our objectives to consolidate after a tumultuous summer and ultimately achieve our ambition of returning to the Premier League. We will be very selective in any discussions to ensure that the club’s best interests remain the focal point.

Having assumed the role of acting CEO, I have been working closely with the senior management team to improve efficiency and effectiveness. A more measured approach will enable us to overcome the implications of Financial Fair Play after two years of significant investment in the football department. We need to generate sufficient revenue to ensure the smooth-running of the club without compromising the standards of this great institution.

With that comes a reality check over performance and expectation for the season ahead but also the opportunity to work smartly in the transfer market, bring through young talent and draw on the experience of our manager.

I have had numerous conversations with Steve Bruce in recent weeks, which only reinforced how fortunate we are to have someone of his experience and standing in the game. His leadership will be important for us on the field, as a club and as a community and I thank him for his loyalty.

These qualities will be essential as we begin a new season with the fresh hope and expectation it inevitably brings. While we would never want to compromise our ambitions, we must however be prepared to do so in a measured and realistic manner, hence the necessary business decisions I have outlined.

Lastly, I am aware that there are a number of stories being written about the club and to be definitive I would like it to be known that:

1. I have not put the club up for sale

2. I would consider minority investment stakes that bring strategic value to the club to help us achieve our goals but this will be considered extremely carefully

3. I have not received an offer of 51%

4. I have received an offer of 30% but we did not believe there was strategic value and we did not know the source of the money

5. We have been approached numerous times and we have turned away numerous approaches

6. FFP is a burden and we need to work within the defined parameters over the course of the next 12 months and beyond and as we have done in the previous 12 months

7. To be clear, to meet FFP we need to player trade. No shareholding sale of any size will contribute to meeting FFP. We must reduce costs and increase revenue

8. Selling any size of shareholding in the club will not aid in respect to FFP

9. Steve Bruce remains in charge with my support

10. There is significant football experience within our playing department and our football administration team who will be supported by the club admin team

11. I have made significant investments into the club and all loans provided up to 31st May have now been converted into equity as part of the club’s compliance with FFP rules

12. We are bank loan free but continue to evaluate opportunities to create sensible solutions with regards to financing as is common in most business practises

13. The EFL have shown no concern over the ‘lack of football experience within the club’

14. Work continues at pace at the Recon Training Complex as a result of the HS2 project

15. Work continues on the pitch at Villa Park and is on schedule

I would like to once again thank you for all your support.

Dr Tony Xia
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Synopsis Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:27 pm

No doubt there will still not believe this and think a takeover is imminent. From that though I'd say it's fairly clear that it's the playing staff that will be changing and not the owner or management
Synopsis
Synopsis

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:56 pm

We knew players would be leaving regardless of whether there was a takeover or not, as that wouldn't affect our FFP situation, I'm amazed that there are people having a meltdown over point seven, as if it's new news.

On the takeover stuff, I wouldn't say it rules it out as such, he admits that he's 'receptive' to selling a share in the club, and he only says that he hasn't put the club up for sale, not that he wouldn't be willing to listen to offers.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:58 pm

So basically we can't afford to sack Bruce and we will need to virtually give players away to reduce costs, sounds utterly brilliant! ASTON VILLA TAKEOVER THREAD - Page 6 1327487109
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:51 am

At least we kind of know a few more things now. But not all.

I am grateful for the statement as at least it has confirmed that SB is staying and apart from the rather odd issues with HMRC and some sort of cashflow issues which are still as yet unexplained and rather concerning, we kind of know what to expect for the season.

The bit which sticks out for me is that we need to be realistic regards expectations.

In other words the team will be weakened, players sold and likely no replacements brought in as we have to comply with the ridiculous FFP. This was of course the case regardless of the unexplained cashflow issues.

I would guess we will see several players leave and no doubt some of the better ones. Depending on how much we raise from them will determine whether we bring any free's, loans or cheapies in. FFP being the issue not the clubs overall finances in the playing side of things.

The sacking of Round, Wyness and the fitness guru etc will surely help with FFP too although on a small scale.

The glaring issue though is we still have no idea of Xia's finances as he conveniently sidestepped this.

Survival has to be the aim this season and if we can somehow bring through some of the kids whilst keeping a few good players and maybe loaning a few more in we might stay up. I think talk of promotion is deluded however and we need to bring things into line regards FFP then re-evaluate in the Summer when a few more big contracts will end, Richards for example.

The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:30 am

The point is that because the players are on utterly ridiculous wages they won't go anywhere as they won't get the same money elsewhere, so how on earth do we cut costs? McCormack is a classic point, he has already said that with his contract he is set up for life, he won't go anywhere!

This is gross mismanagement on epic proportions!

To be honest I think it is best to go into administration, accept the docking of 12 points and start afresh!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:31 pm

Totally agree Achilles as I think a 12 point deduction is less of a penalty for the club than having the good Doctor in charge for the next 12 months as the guy is an idiot!
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by STO67 Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:22 pm

DelboyVilla wrote:Totally agree Achilles as I think a 12 point deduction is less of a penalty for the club than having the good Doctor in charge for the next 12 months as the guy is an idiot!

Surely that would be a double punishment?
STO67
STO67

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:08 pm

If Xia is as bad a person as some believe then he'll start selling everything in sight before he lets the club go into administration, he's got nothing to gain from letting it happen, and everything to lose. If (hopefully) he's not that bad of a person, then should Admin comes close to being a reality, he'll just sell up... I still think the club's for sale in a roundabout way, Saturday's statement just tells us that there's nothing close, and it also settles down a lot of the uncertainty surrounding the club's future, uncertainty which can have a negative affect on a team's performance... The interesting thing will be to see what becomes of this talk of minority investment, whoever comes up with that could well be our future owners... And if Xia can't find minority investment, then by the sound of things he'll have no choice but to sell anyway.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next