The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

ASTON VILLA TAKEOVER THREAD

+29
LVBrit
Gordonsleftboot
Saunders82
Keyser Soze
Rowley Villa
avfcnigel
andrew24561
Terry Derry
danclare82
achilles
Dazzle
gaffer85
STO67
big ming
Dions_Bald_Head
Synopsis
smetro
DelboyVilla
WendyOz
Wriggle
The Utterer
VTID85
UnclePanda
Fpuppys
BillytheKid
FoxyAV
NARLA24
deadbuzzardalive
AstonThriller
33 posters

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

ASTON VILLA TAKEOVER THREAD - Page 3 Empty Re: ASTON VILLA TAKEOVER THREAD

Post by STO67 Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:21 pm

I know that bids of 50 and 60 mill have been rebuffed recently but the consortium remain patient as they think the club will enter administration if Xia doesn't sell. However, I hear that Xia is NOT wanting to sell, but I reckon this is about honour.
STO67
STO67

ASTON VILLA TAKEOVER THREAD - Page 3 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by gaffer85 Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:43 pm

STO67 wrote:I know that bids of 50 and 60 mill have been rebuffed recently but the consortium remain patient as they think the club will enter administration if Xia doesn't sell.  However, I hear that Xia is NOT wanting to sell, but I reckon this is about honour.

How confident would you be about the consortium presuming you know who they are
gaffer85
gaffer85

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:15 pm

I just want Xia gone. I never trusted him from the start - with all his bullshite money claims, and showing people cheques for £500m, and talk of buying second clubs , all complete bollox....

At least Lerner covered the debts

He is little better than Carson Yeung - Xia is as dodgy as they come - he will sell Grealish for £15m to cover his scrawny chinese ass - this guy has no fuckin honour !
smetro
smetro

ASTON VILLA TAKEOVER THREAD - Page 3 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by STO67 Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:27 pm

gaffer85 wrote:
STO67 wrote:I know that bids of 50 and 60 mill have been rebuffed recently but the consortium remain patient as they think the club will enter administration if Xia doesn't sell.  However, I hear that Xia is NOT wanting to sell, but I reckon this is about honour.

I have some doubt in them that I think they are ruthless and will wait until Xia is desperate and is forced to sell. This might mean that they will wait until it's too late for us to enter the transfer market to properly develop the club this season. I only know one of the people involved and he seems a genuine football person rather than a money man, so I presume that he is something of a broker for the money men. I last heard from him about a week ago and heard nothing since.
STO67
STO67

Back to top Go down

Post by gaffer85 Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:35 pm

STO67 wrote:
gaffer85 wrote:

I have some doubt in them that I think they are ruthless and will wait until Xia is desperate and is forced to sell.  This might mean that they will wait until it's too late for us to enter the transfer market to properly develop the club this season. I only know one of the people involved and he seems a genuine football person rather than a money man, so I presume that he is something of a broker for the money men.  I last heard from him about a week ago and heard nothing since.

As you say sounds worrying they would wait till were in admin but on the other hand it makes good business sense to wait as they will get the club for cheaper the only risk they would taking is another regulation as with the points deduction and a decimated squad it would hard but not impossible but at least there is some hope as xia is just leveraging everything at the minute it's only a stay of execution for him
gaffer85
gaffer85

Back to top Go down

Post by STO67 Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:48 pm

I agree in terms of the business sense. Buying when he's desperate saves them a few quid, that will hopefully be spent in the January sales. I just want someone sensible to run the club and for them to know what they are doing. Massive club and well worth the money when things are going right.
STO67
STO67

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:00 pm

Been reading a few Leeds forums - and taking some grief. But some have said that when the club is in dire straights it attracts the wrong type of buyer. Basically they will come in saddle the club with high interest loans, scoop off the profits for a couple of years - then shift us on
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by gaffer85 Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:27 pm

Someone sensible would be a nice change from the two chancers that we got now and the past sounds like we want deadly back
Thought I'd never say that but here we are
gaffer85
gaffer85

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:51 am

We're still completely in the dark as to what's going on, or even if we're actually for sale, under Ellis and Lerner it was announced officially, at the moment with Xia all we're really getting from the media is that he's reluctant to sell, and would prefer to bring in investment.

None of the noises coming from the club seem to indicate that a sale is going to happen.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:17 am

I honestly don't hold anything against Xia. He did try to rebuild the club and did invest in players. We went for broke and are now broke. We tried to buy the league, had two shots at it and it didn't work (I'm afraid I put it down to Bruce, his reliance on old and expensive players and luck to win - or not lose - matches). We have a pile of very good players all of which we don't need to sell, although some will inevitably go, and a pile of rubbish players we can't sell or give away. I'm very concerned Xia is going to sell a load of land/facilities/good players and make redundancies but we will still be left with good players and the ability to bring in loans. Bruce is a problem, I really don't want him around, but I'm even more worried about Xia selling up because we're in the shit and there will be vultures circling.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:04 pm

FoxyAV wrote:I honestly don't hold anything against Xia. He did try to rebuild the club and did invest in players. We went for broke and are now broke. We tried to buy the league, had two shots at it and it didn't work (I'm afraid I put it down to Bruce, his reliance on old and expensive players and luck to win - or not lose - matches). We have a pile of very good players all of which we don't need to sell, although some will inevitably go, and a pile of rubbish players we can't sell or give away. I'm very concerned Xia is going to sell a load of land/facilities/good players and make redundancies but we will still be left with good players and the ability to bring in loans. Bruce is a problem, I really don't want him around, but I'm even more worried about Xia selling up because we're in the shit and there will be vultures circling.

You should do, every Villa fan should. The idiot delboy who is Xia has brought this club to its knees, it shouldn’t be accepted by anyone.
Dazzle
Dazzle

ASTON VILLA TAKEOVER THREAD - Page 3 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:52 pm

I don't have as much anger towards Xia as some, I mean I don't think he's a 'fraud' or a 'charlatan' as I've seen others call him, but he has been naive in some of the things he's said, and some of the people he's put his trust in, and has to take responsibility for the position we find ourselves in at the  moment, as ultimately as the owner and chairman the buck stops with him, and as such I'd prefer it if he could sell the club to people with genuine ambition and the wherewithal to turn that ambition into a reality.

It's just a question as to whether any such people/groups are interested in buying us, it's starting to feel like it's just paper talk at the moment, but we'll see I guess.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:08 pm

Dazzle wrote:
FoxyAV wrote:I honestly don't hold anything against Xia. He did try to rebuild the club and did invest in players. We went for broke and are now broke. We tried to buy the league, had two shots at it and it didn't work (I'm afraid I put it down to Bruce, his reliance on old and expensive players and luck to win - or not lose - matches). We have a pile of very good players all of which we don't need to sell, although some will inevitably go, and a pile of rubbish players we can't sell or give away. I'm very concerned Xia is going to sell a load of land/facilities/good players and make redundancies but we will still be left with good players and the ability to bring in loans. Bruce is a problem, I really don't want him around, but I'm even more worried about Xia selling up because we're in the shit and there will be vultures circling.  

You should do, every Villa fan should. The idiot delboy who is Xia has brought this club to its knees, it shouldn’t be accepted by anyone.

Well, we don't know yet. I don't feel the need to start getting angry or upset about it until there's more information and not just rumour. From what I understand, Xia has put money into the club. He's lost a large amount and the people he employed have failed him. Sure, it could go horribly wrong but as of now the club hasn't been sold, Grealish is still under contract, HMRC have been paid and Wyness has gone. I think I'm allowed to be more worried about some unscrupulous buyers coming along and buying the club on the cheap. We don't know what money Xia has but both Lerner and the FA let him buy the club. Subsequently the Chinese government made it much harder for money to leave the country. Added to this Wyness, Round and co bought a load of players we can't now sell, or in other cases would have to sell for far less money (see Hogan and McCormack) because Bruce has massively devalued them. Until some cold hard facts come out I'll sit on the fence.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:49 pm

I don't think we'll have to worry about someone coming in and buying us on the cheap, providing we don't go into administration that is. If the media is to believed Xia at least wants his money back, so that should preclude any chancers from getting anywhere near the club, not only would they have to give Xia his money back, but they would also potentially owe Lerner another £40m if we go up next season, as he's not going to just let that go.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:56 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:I don't think we'll have to worry about someone coming in and buying us on the cheap, providing we don't go into administration that is. If the media is to believed Xia at least wants his money back, so that should preclude any chancers from getting anywhere near the club, not only would they have to give Xia his money back, but they would also potentially owe Lerner another £40m if we go up next season, as he's not going to just let that go.

Ok, I didn't word it properly, I'm not so worried what Xia sells for, what I mean is selling the club to chancers coming in without the money we'd need. We as fans all want to watch good football and for the club to make progress up the league and into the Premier League. Whoever Xia sells to is going to be buying to make money and we don't know how that would work. I don't think Xia is a villain. Sure, he wanted to make money and invested to that end but we'll see what he's made of in the next couple of months.

Just as long as Bruce goes and we don't have to watch his geriatric football again.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:43 pm

The way it's looking both Xia and Bruce will be here next season.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by STO67 Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:25 pm

What we don't need is for Bruce to leave and then it takes us weeks to appoint someone. Is it asking too much to have done their homework on other Managers being available and willing to take over? No, probably asking a bit too much there.
STO67
STO67

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:43 am

Dazzle wrote:

Leave me out of this mate! I deny any accusations that I am Dr Tony Xia! ASTON VILLA TAKEOVER THREAD - Page 3 1662365926 I passed my GCE Maths!Embarassed
DelboyVilla

ASTON VILLA TAKEOVER THREAD - Page 3 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:26 am

I think that the fact that Round Bruce (yes, I took out the '&' - I shall lump them together for the foreseeable future, mainly because it amuses me) is still in place is a sign of the state of uncertainty at the club.
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

ASTON VILLA TAKEOVER THREAD - Page 3 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:48 pm

STO67 wrote:What we don't need is for Bruce to leave and then it takes us weeks to appoint someone.  Is it asking too much to have done their homework on other Managers being available and willing to take over?  No, probably asking a bit too much there.

It is blatantly obvious that Villa had no plan B, a lot like Bruce on the football pitch, that to me constitutes a gross derelict of duty on the behalf of the board!
As a consequence, they should all be sacked anyway! How on earth can you run a business as badly as this, it just beggars belief!

I agree with your earlier comment about Xia and honour, it is obvious that it is all about not losing face especially in China, hence why we will struggle on until the inevitable conclusion is reached (i.e. the money totally runs out)!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:13 pm

This obviously isn't happening now, with Hutton signing a contract, something that Bruce wanted, and he wouldn't be getting his way if his job was in jeopardy, which it would be, if Xia was in takeover talks.

I think the best we can hope for, is that Xia finds someone to invest in the club, as reported, and they have a big enough say to make a difference. Either that or he finds a way of getting his money out of China into England.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:36 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:This obviously isn't happening now, with Hutton signing a contract, something that Bruce wanted, and he wouldn't be getting his way if his job was in jeopardy, which it would be, if Xia was in takeover talks.

I think the best we can hope for, is that Xia finds someone to invest in the club, as reported, and they have a big enough say to make a difference. Either that or he finds a way of getting his money out of China into England.

I think that is a smokescreen to be honest as House of Fraser has Chinese shareholders and they have managed to put £50+ million into House of Fraser to keep it afloat.
It can be done if the application and mind are willing!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:35 pm

Hoping some game changing mega wealthy consortium comes from nowhere and buys us, it's about time we had some good news.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:15 am

Why would anyone want to pay money for a business that is costing the current owner 4-6m a month with little signs of changing that without dramatic and harmful cost cutting? To get the costs down wages etc must be cut drastically and money raised by selling off the best players? How will this help promotion as Bruce failed with a side full of mega-stars (for the Championship) and a new investor or even Xia expects him to do this cheap freebies and kids? Madness!
Xia needs to admit defeat and accept he has failed spectacularly and sell at a sensible price considering the mess the club is in and not based on the money he has put in. However I don't think the man has the backbone or honor to admit this and will drive us into League 1.
Very sad times for us fans and once again we have had an owner that is great at the start but turns out to be a complete retard when it comes to understand the difficult business of club ownership!
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:27 pm

Mirror

Prospective buyers continue to eye crisis-hit Aston Villa despite embattled owner Dr Tony Xia insisting he doesn't want to sell.

Championship Villa are in the grip of a major crisis after missing out on the Premier League in the play-off final.

Chairman Xia is trying to remain in charge but has been unable to source substantial cash from his native China since last August.

The club were late paying a tax bill last month and CEO Keith Wyness has left and is suing for constructive dismissal.

Xia is now relying on loans to limp on as he searches for other stakeholders to join but allow him to retain control.

Yet Mirror Sport understands there are serious buyers interested in owning Villa outright who believe Xia will have to listen if the club is on the brink of going under.

They feel they will get a chance if Xia has no other option but to put the club into administration, which would incur a 12-point penalty.

That was among the advice from Wyness,60, which drew him into conflict with Xia after the devastating play-off loss to Fulham.

Wyness maintains he was fulfilling his obligations to creditors as a director to look at getting money in to avoid being insolvent.

Under the guidance of blue chip advisors, Wyness explored both administration and selling up.

But Xia objected and suspended Wyness before he walked away earlier this month and has since started legal proceedings which could cost Villa up to £6million.

Boss Steve Bruce's squad return for pre-season next Wednesday on July 4 before travelling to Portugal on July 5.

Player sales are expected with Tottenham chasing Jack Grealish and James Chester also likely to attract bids.

Xia has previously blamed Villa's “severe” problems on Financial Fair Play rules and claimed he cannot get his cash out of China.

But there are concerns the self-styled tycoon, who has turned up at the training ground in a Uber, simply doesn't have the funds he pledged when he bought out Randy Lerner in 2016.

Doesn't really tell us anything new, but looks like this could drag on and on.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next