The Bells Are Ringing


WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!


ASTON VILLA TAKEOVER THREAD

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

ASTON VILLA TAKEOVER THREAD

Post by AstonThriller on Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:01 pm

Alright guys I figured it would probably make sense to start a takeover thread because the rumors are starting to gather pace now. Last night we had THIS from the Sun who suggest a British Group are interested in making a bid for the club and Xia is looking to sell up. And today we have THIS from the Birmingham Mail who are claiming FOUR GROUPS are interested in the club and Xia WOULD sell for 80m.

Things are hotting up guys and there's been no denial from the club yet either. Like I've said elsewhere, IF a group/person with clout and ambition steps forward then I'm all for this. Love Xia's enthusiasm and all but the bottom line is he has failed to get us promoted due to putting too much trust in duds like Bruce, Wyness and Round. These rumors also probably explain why Wyness has been so quiet too.


Last edited by AstonThriller on Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
AstonThriller



Posts : 2162
Reputation : 1749
Join date : 2014-04-21

Back to top Go down

Re: ASTON VILLA TAKEOVER THREAD

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:17 pm

When the Birmingham Mail publish something that's an exclusive, and not just a copy and paste from elsewhere, there's usually some truth to it, they published a similar article to the one above, also by Gregg Evans, whilst Lerner was looking to sell, and a couple of days later Hollis confirmed it, and the club was sold soon after.


deadbuzzardalive



Posts : 3521
Reputation : 1569
Join date : 2014-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: ASTON VILLA TAKEOVER THREAD

Post by AstonThriller on Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:36 pm

@deadbuzzardalive wrote:When the Birmingham Mail publish something that's an exclusive, and not just a copy and paste from elsewhere, there's usually some truth to it, they published a similar article to the one above, also by Gregg Evans, whilst Lerner was looking to sell, and a couple of days later Hollis confirmed it, and the club was sold soon after.

Yep, there's more and more smoke about this story now. All Xia would need to do to put an end to it is to issue a denial, but he's staying silent as a mouse. Gonna be an interesting couple of days IF the Mail are right and four groups are interested.
avatar
AstonThriller



Posts : 2162
Reputation : 1749
Join date : 2014-04-21

Back to top Go down

Re: ASTON VILLA TAKEOVER THREAD

Post by NARLA24 on Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:01 pm

Xia is in China apparently. Trying to get backing to totally revamp things at Villa. Thats according to someone at the club.
If he is then this says to me that he is not as wealthy as we were led to believe.
There will be many more stories to come out and we will have to wait and see which ones are true, if any.
avatar
NARLA24



Posts : 2420
Reputation : 1786
Join date : 2014-09-26
Age : 48
Location : Lanzarote in the sun.

Back to top Go down

Re: ASTON VILLA TAKEOVER THREAD

Post by FoxyAV on Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:54 pm

@NARLA24 wrote:Xia is in China apparently. Trying to get backing to totally revamp things at Villa. Thats according to someone at the club.
If he is then this says to me that he is not as wealthy as we were led to believe.
There will be many more stories to come out and we will have to wait and see which ones are true, if any.

Is it possible there are ways round FFP that would involve money coming in from outside and this might be the case? I mean can someone very rich still buy a club and pump in a huge amount of money from a company they own with shirt sponsorship and renaming the ground (Sports Direct Arena or Etihad Stadium spring to mind) or is that now frowned upon? If Xia does have the money are there ways and means for him to support the club or is it all tightly controlled now?

I really have no idea. I'm just wondering if the money is there Xia has to be careful about how he injects it. Of course the money may be gone and he might want to move on ASAP now it looks like it's going to take a long time to gain promotion.
avatar
FoxyAV



Posts : 2430
Reputation : 2093
Join date : 2014-04-21
Location : Winchester

Back to top Go down

Re: ASTON VILLA TAKEOVER THREAD

Post by BillytheKid on Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:36 pm

It's never dull being a Villa fan is it if Xia can find a way around FFP i think he will stay but i'm not convinced he has the financial clout needed to take our club forwards from here, i thank him for what he has done in trying to rebuild us and take us forward but he backed and picked the wrong managers, we needed a Wagner Jokanovic type not old tried and tested doing the rounds Bruce and RDM who was never the right fit for developing a system and style from,

Apparently the main consortium in for us tried to buy Newport County and was deemed ''not good enough'' so it sounds we have some right dodgy vultures circling us, we can only hope Xia if he does sell up ensures we handed over to the right buyer, i'm worried he will just take his money back and run
avatar
BillytheKid



Posts : 808
Reputation : 768
Join date : 2016-04-26

Back to top Go down

Re: ASTON VILLA TAKEOVER THREAD

Post by Fpuppys on Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:16 pm

I hope this helps:

Dr. Tony Xia‏Verified account @Dr_TonyXia · 5 Jun 2017  

The long term mission unchanged. If we can't achieve in 8/10 yrs, we do 20 yrs, if 20 yrs not enough, I'll fight through my whole life#VTID
avatar
Fpuppys



Posts : 926
Reputation : 384
Join date : 2014-04-28
Age : 54
Location : Wishing I was somewhere else.

Back to top Go down

Re: ASTON VILLA TAKEOVER THREAD

Post by AstonThriller on Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:20 pm

@Fpuppys wrote:I hope this helps:

Dr. Tony Xia‏Verified account @Dr_TonyXia · 5 Jun 2017  

The long term mission unchanged. If we can't achieve in 8/10 yrs, we do 20 yrs, if 20 yrs not enough, I'll fight through my whole life#VTID

Yeah Xia said that a year ago when we still had parachute payments to rely on. Looks like things have changed now.
avatar
AstonThriller



Posts : 2162
Reputation : 1749
Join date : 2014-04-21

Back to top Go down

Re: ASTON VILLA TAKEOVER THREAD

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:31 pm

That was also before China did a complete u-turn, and made it difficult for businesses to invest in entertainment businesses abroad.

deadbuzzardalive



Posts : 3521
Reputation : 1569
Join date : 2014-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: ASTON VILLA TAKEOVER THREAD

Post by AstonThriller on Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:41 pm

@deadbuzzardalive wrote:That was also before China did a complete u-turn, and made it difficult for businesses to invest in entertainment businesses abroad.

And yet Wolves have been signing players for 10m plus? Doesn't add up.
avatar
AstonThriller



Posts : 2162
Reputation : 1749
Join date : 2014-04-21

Back to top Go down

Re: ASTON VILLA TAKEOVER THREAD

Post by Fpuppys on Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:44 pm

lol! Thanks AT for correcting me, should have gone to spec-savers.
avatar
Fpuppys



Posts : 926
Reputation : 384
Join date : 2014-04-28
Age : 54
Location : Wishing I was somewhere else.

Back to top Go down

Re: ASTON VILLA TAKEOVER THREAD

Post by UnclePanda on Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:46 pm

Hes back...


avatar
UnclePanda



Posts : 759
Reputation : 302
Join date : 2014-04-21
Location : Redditch

Back to top Go down

Re: ASTON VILLA TAKEOVER THREAD

Post by VTID85 on Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:43 pm

"British consortium" doesn't fill me with confidence.
avatar
VTID85



Posts : 737
Reputation : 725
Join date : 2014-04-30
Location : Derby

Back to top Go down

Re: ASTON VILLA TAKEOVER THREAD

Post by The Utterer on Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:48 pm

@VTID85 wrote:"British consortium" doesn't fill me with confidence.

Do you know what, if we get taken over by a bunch of no hopers i'm done with this club.
avatar
The Utterer



Posts : 1249
Reputation : 1167
Join date : 2014-04-18

Back to top Go down

Re: ASTON VILLA TAKEOVER THREAD

Post by VTID85 on Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:53 pm

@The Utterer wrote:
@VTID85 wrote:"British consortium" doesn't fill me with confidence.

Do you know what, if we get taken over by a bunch of no hopers i'm done with this club.

The problem for me is "British consortium" conjurs up an image of the worst kind of no-hopers - the ones who don't even realise they're no-hopers.
avatar
VTID85



Posts : 737
Reputation : 725
Join date : 2014-04-30
Location : Derby

Back to top Go down

Re: ASTON VILLA TAKEOVER THREAD

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:55 pm

@AstonThriller wrote:
@deadbuzzardalive wrote:That was also before China did a complete u-turn, and made it difficult for businesses to invest in entertainment businesses abroad.

And yet Wolves have been signing players for 10m plus? Doesn't add up.

They have money coming from Europe and the US through companies like Thomas Cook, Club Med, and others, which won't be affected by any sanctions the Chinese government impose on money made in China.

To be fair Wyness did say that the sanctions don't affect us either, because Xia has 'offshore assets', and global business interests. But I think it probably has to have some degree affect on us, and will probably do so on Wolves as well to some extent, who probably won't be spending more than the money they get from the Premier league. Even Dalian Wanda have been affected by it.

deadbuzzardalive



Posts : 3521
Reputation : 1569
Join date : 2014-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: ASTON VILLA TAKEOVER THREAD

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:10 pm

Matt Southall's consortium won't be buying us, I wouldn't worry about that, he's already failed with bids for two other championship clubs and Newport Town. There were plenty of similar stories when Lerner was trying to sell us as well, you will always get chancers trying their luck.

Another thing to consider is that Xia actually owes Lerner another £30m, if we go up next season, and then another £10m if we manage to stay up for three seasons, so if anyone buys us, they're presumably going to have to take on that obligation, as well so the negotiations could actually involve Lerner, or someone representing him.


Last edited by deadbuzzardalive on Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:14 am; edited 1 time in total

deadbuzzardalive



Posts : 3521
Reputation : 1569
Join date : 2014-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: ASTON VILLA TAKEOVER THREAD

Post by Wriggle on Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:13 am

Really don't understand why this has it's own thread? All that's out there at the minute is gossip and journalists making up stories to sell papers, like they always do at this time of year.

I've not seen one credible source to suggest there is anything in this, it's all opinions or guesswork.

Threads like this lead us fans into more speculation, which then feeds those journalists with more stories.

My guess is that Xia is in China thinking about the next steps, and for all we know that could be talking with fellow Chinese businessmen on how they can strike a deal to help him get more money out of the country to help ease FFP concerns.
avatar
Wriggle



Posts : 416
Reputation : 385
Join date : 2014-08-17
Age : 47
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: ASTON VILLA TAKEOVER THREAD

Post by WendyOz on Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:44 am

I agree with Wriggle. Pointless getting paranoid about a non-story.
But.....maybe it's Simon - you know he loves us!!
avatar
WendyOz



Posts : 200
Reputation : 233
Join date : 2014-03-16
Age : 63
Location : Niagara Park NSW

Back to top Go down

Re: ASTON VILLA TAKEOVER THREAD

Post by DelboyVilla on Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:05 am

@Wriggle wrote:Really don't understand why this has it's own thread? All that's out there at the minute is gossip and journalists making up stories to sell papers, like they always do at this time of year.

I've not seen one credible source to suggest there is anything in this, it's all opinions or guesswork.

Threads like this lead us fans into more speculation, which then feeds those journalists with more stories.

My guess is that Xia is in China thinking about the next steps, and for all we know that could be talking with fellow Chinese businessmen on how they can strike a deal to help him get more money out of the country to help ease FFP concerns.

Isn't that why we come to forums like this to discuss rumours and speculate? Otherwise we would just watch the official site for any announcements? Just sayin!

The whole point of FFP is to stop teams spending more than they earn? First and foremost to stop teams going bust and also to stop very rich people buying the league(that hasn't worked really)? Now you can spend more through owner loans to the club but there is a limit on this 'debt'. We have over the past 3 seasons reached the limit of this 'debt' which is compounded by the fact that we are receiving 20m less this year in parachute payments. Remember year 1 of Xia we spent 80m? So this year we have to earn more (sell players) or spend less (sell players)! It doesn't matter how much Xia has in the bank it is the clubs reduced earnings that is the issue!

Wolves have brought players because they had years of zero spending prior to the new owners and they weren't saddled with a load of no-hopers on high wages? Plus they spent less than we did over 2 years and also got some very clever loans players in? They got promoted aswell by taking some risks? In the Premier they can really open up the cheque book!

I do not understand why 'British' owners are considered inferior to 'foreign' owners?
Anyway we all know who will end up buying us???...........Larry! Larry! Larry!!!

DelboyVilla



Posts : 1397
Reputation : 1337
Join date : 2014-05-14
Age : 48

Back to top Go down

Re: ASTON VILLA TAKEOVER THREAD

Post by BillytheKid on Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:57 am

@DelboyVilla wrote:
@Wriggle wrote:Really don't understand why this has it's own thread? All that's out there at the minute is gossip and journalists making up stories to sell papers, like they always do at this time of year.

I've not seen one credible source to suggest there is anything in this, it's all opinions or guesswork.

Threads like this lead us fans into more speculation, which then feeds those journalists with more stories.

My guess is that Xia is in China thinking about the next steps, and for all we know that could be talking with fellow Chinese businessmen on how they can strike a deal to help him get more money out of the country to help ease FFP concerns.

Isn't that why we come to forums like this to discuss rumours and speculate? Otherwise we would just watch the official site for any announcements? Just sayin!

The whole point of FFP is to stop teams spending more than they earn? First and foremost to stop teams going bust and also to stop very rich people buying the league(that hasn't worked really)? Now you can spend more through owner loans to the club but there is a limit on this 'debt'. We have over the past 3 seasons reached the limit of this 'debt' which is compounded by the fact that we are receiving 20m less this year in parachute payments. Remember year 1 of Xia we spent 80m? So this year we have to earn more (sell players) or spend less (sell players)! It doesn't matter how much Xia has in the bank it is the clubs reduced earnings that is the issue!

Wolves have brought players because they had years of zero spending prior to the new owners and they weren't saddled with a load of no-hopers on high wages? Plus they spent less than we did over 2 years and also got some very clever loans players in? They got promoted aswell by taking some risks? In the Premier they can really open up the cheque book!

I do not understand why 'British' owners are considered inferior to 'foreign' owners?
Anyway we all know who will end up buying us???...........Larry! Larry! Larry!!!

Damn right it is why we all flock to these stories, give me the slightest hope of a mega takeover happening over doom and gloom and sulking over our cup final play off's defeat anyday,

''Oh Larry Larry''
avatar
BillytheKid



Posts : 808
Reputation : 768
Join date : 2016-04-26

Back to top Go down

Re: ASTON VILLA TAKEOVER THREAD

Post by smetro on Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:42 am

@NARLA24 wrote:Xia is in China apparently. Trying to get backing to totally revamp things at Villa. Thats according to someone at the club.
If he is then this says to me that he is not as wealthy as we were led to believe.
There will be many more stories to come out and we will have to wait and see which ones are true, if any.

A chap who rubs shoulders with the hierarchy at WBA has told me that villa have major financial difficulties, which go beyond the ability to meet FFP.  He reckons that:-

Villa players were promised an extra bonus to beat wolves - which the club then backtracked.

Villa were so short of money - that took up front payments for transfers agreed - but means villa got less than the agreed fee overall


EDIT - Mirror are now running the story that we called in the money for the Amavi transfer in Feb.

Worrying.
avatar
smetro



Posts : 2811
Reputation : 1483
Join date : 2014-12-26
Age : 55

Back to top Go down

Re: ASTON VILLA TAKEOVER THREAD

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:55 am

The Mirror have been running that story since early this morning, and Nursey really does have a vendetta against Villa. An accountant on another forum says it's a standard accounting practice, just a bit unusual for a football club.

And there's no way I believe that the players would have been on a bonus to beat Wolves, and if they were and it wasn't paid, something would have come out by now.


deadbuzzardalive



Posts : 3521
Reputation : 1569
Join date : 2014-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: ASTON VILLA TAKEOVER THREAD

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:07 pm

Back to fun speculation... If we really are for sale, or open to offers then maybe Amanda Staveley's PCP Group might look at us, they were previously in negotiations to buy Newcastle for £300m and before that tried to buy a stake in Liverpool, so they obviously want a football club, and we'd come cheap in comparison.

deadbuzzardalive



Posts : 3521
Reputation : 1569
Join date : 2014-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: ASTON VILLA TAKEOVER THREAD

Post by The Utterer on Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:09 pm

Yup good old FFP,

Here to stop clubs going bust by erm, well, making it likely they will suffer massive losses as they drop down the football toilet thus disillusioning a huge fan base! Even though their owner has plenty of wealth to keep them competitive and keep the fanbase engaged thus bringing in more money to ensure the club stays healthy! ....Yes that was a genius idea

Surely just a bit of proof that the money was there and available solely for the use of that club would have sufficed?

I tell you what i reckon we should ban electric companies from investing, then when the infrastructure fails and millions are without electricity it'll be fine because at least the electric company didn't go bust.

avatar
The Utterer



Posts : 1249
Reputation : 1167
Join date : 2014-04-18

Back to top Go down

Re: ASTON VILLA TAKEOVER THREAD

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum