The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

ASTON VILLA TAKEOVER THREAD

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Re: ASTON VILLA TAKEOVER THREAD

Post by Terry Derry on Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:55 pm

@deadbuzzardalive wrote:I noticed Howard Hodgson has gone quiet, he tweeted something about him helping Xia with his cash flow problems, and then something about Bruce not being in charge next season if he had anything to do with it. Since then he's hasn't said anything, clutching at straws but maybe he's under a NDA, I think he's definitely been involved with consortiums in the past.

Just a name-dropper and a chancer. He hob-nobs in the Directors Box at most home games and puts himself forward as a voice of the fans. No chance he represents anyone but himself!
Terry Derry

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro on Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:40 am

@deadbuzzardalive wrote:
@smetro wrote:Who knows , one thing I will say is that people who have showed an interest in buying us before, don't seem to come back a second time.
Any Xia's latest tweet seems to suggest business as usual - or at least thats the impression he wants to give.

Back to reality... I also got the impression from his tweet that he's not going anywhere, although if that's the case I wish he'd just say so.

Pretty quickly he will run out of things to sell or loan against. Also in his time here we have mostly been a decent championship side - If we start getting walloped regularly - the fans on his back he might reconsider clinging to power while the club lives hand to mouth.
Don't think he will here much longer myself.
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head on Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:21 pm

"Keep doing my best to support our beloved AV"

That seems pretty open to me - doesn't give me the impression of someone digging their heels in. I know we've quibbled over his word choice before but "support" is pretty passive language for an owner.

Then again, he does finish it with another example of his dodgy English with "keep stronger"
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:27 pm

He'd have been better off saying nothing, all he's done is confused the matter even more. Perhaps the biggest take away is what he didn't say, i.e he didn't deny any of the rumors regarding a sale, but the flip side to that is he didn't deny the rumors regarding our financial situation either.

If he stays turns things around, and proves everyone wrong, then good luck to him, but I'm rather hoping that the sale of the club is a lot further along than is being reported in the press, as we need everything sorted one way or another asap, pre-season starts next week.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by UnclePanda on Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:07 pm

@NARLA24 wrote:
@deadbuzzardalive wrote:The only ex footballer I can remember being involved last time around was Tony Adams, Paul Smith who was an executive at Chelsea at one point was also involved. Percy reported at the time that they went into due diligence, after making a 'non-binding indicative offer', so wouldn't be a great surprise if they were interested again, If I remember rightly they had wealthy backers as well, who nearly bought Tottenham at one stage.
thats the one fella.

Just so long as Tony Adams doesnt become our next manager, then fine!
UnclePanda

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:11 pm

A rehash of what was written yesterday, but with a few extra details.

Two parties remain seriously interested.

Both are considering offers for 51 per-cent of control or an outright purchase.

So far there has been no formal offer although early discussions have taken place.

It’s understood that they will both be able to pump serious investment into the club if a deal is eventually agreed.

Meanwhile. the European group who had a 51 per-cent offer rejected on Tuesday have not returned.

They were willing to meet Xia’s financial demands but the bid was still knocked back.

At least two other groups - one of whom were linked with a takeover bid before Xia took control in 2016 - are also on the scene.

Representatives from an American group visited Villa Park on Monday and officials from the other party were in the Midlands on Tuesday.

Other smaller consortiums have shown an interest but were quickly ruled out as they wanted a cup-price deal.

Birmingham LIve

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 on Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:18 pm

@deadbuzzardalive wrote:cup-price deal.

Modern "journalism" in full view folks, courtesy of Gregg Evans.

Holy fucking shit.
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:00 pm

It might not be well written, but I thought it was worth posting, because for all their faults, they don't normally just make things up, what they're more often than not guilty of is just copying and pasting news from elsewhere and giving it clickbaity titles, for the most part they're absolutely awful, but when they report something that hasn't been reported elsewhere, which isn't very often at all, it's worth noting, they were first with some of the news towards the end of Lerner's reign for example... That and the fact that I want something positive to cling onto...

What I found the most interesting/hopeful is that they say two of the consortiums would have the means to invest seriously, and one of them were apparently in for us previously, which would tie in with the Adams rumours...With the mention of a US group, It did also make me think of Elllison lol who it was reported we turned down for Xia, but I doubt there was ever any actual substance to that story.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 on Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:24 pm

@deadbuzzardalive wrote:It might not be well written, but I thought it was worth posting, because for all their faults, they don't normally just make things up, what they're more often than not guilty of is just copying and pasting news from elsewhere and giving it clickbaity titles, for the most part they're absolutely awful, but when they report something that hasn't been reported elsewhere, which isn't very often at all, it's worth noting, they were first with some of the news towards the end of Lerner's reign for example... That and the fact that I want something positive to cling onto...

What I found the most interesting/hopeful is that they say two of the consortiums would have the means to invest seriously, and one of them were apparently in for us previously, which would tie in with the Adams rumours...With the mention of a US group, It did also make me think of Elllison lol who it was reported we turned down for Xia, but I doubt there was ever any actual substance to that story.

Not complaining about you sharing at all, don't worry. It just amused me.
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro on Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:55 pm

@deadbuzzardalive wrote:It might not be well written, but I thought it was worth posting, because for all their faults, they don't normally just make things up, what they're more often than not guilty of is just copying and pasting news from elsewhere and giving it clickbaity titles, for the most part they're absolutely awful, but when they report something that hasn't been reported elsewhere, which isn't very often at all, it's worth noting, they were first with some of the news towards the end of Lerner's reign for example... That and the fact that I want something positive to cling onto...

My only gripe with the article is that just rehashes rumours that were posted on here yesterday. Maybe they have heard the same stuff or just took a punt on a couple of ITK's here
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:10 pm

Yes it's not going to be totally accurate, details at such times are always sketchy, even from more trusted sources, but if we believe that there are actually groups showing interest, then that at least gives us a bit of hope.

Last edited by deadbuzzardalive on Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:46 pm; edited 2 times in total

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Derry on Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:40 pm

Nobody is trying to buy the Club. We have all the usual crap about different, unheard of, yanks. The usual clowns like Hodgson jostle into position, but nothing changes. Xia must go, of that it is clear. The Chinese experiment has failed.
Terry Derry

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro on Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:39 pm

@Terry Derry wrote:Nobody is trying to buy the Club. We have all the usual crap about different, unheard of, yanks. The usual clowns like Hodgson jostle into position, but nothing changes. Xia must go, of that it is clear. The Chinese experiment has failed.

I am sure he will go.
The problem could be that potential suitors are waiting for Xia to get desparate or the club goes into administration - either of which will lower the price at which a deal can be done. If Xia is covering upwards of £2m a month (by whatever means) he isn't going to be able to do that for very long. The problem is what he sells and what amount of loans (debt) we rack up in the interim.

I don't know Xia's intent - but he has get almost every decision wrong here - and the fact he has finally been outed and not having wealth - not even enough to keep us afloat means we are in the darkest place than anytime I can recall in the 40 odds years I have been following the club.

smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:39 pm

I don't think he will want to leave us and be seen as having failed back in China, he made such a big deal over there about owning us, and everything that went with it like signing John Terry, meeting Prince William, Tom Hanks being a fan of the club that he owns, and the way he was being praised by many of the fans for turning the club around; would be a bit of an embarrassing comedown for him, if he were to leave now, not to mention that he's getting some bad press for how badly his other businesses are doing, so again, I'm not sure if he'd want admit yet another failure by selling us.

I think he'll be desperate to stay in some capacity and turn things around. If we win a few games at the start of the season, expect to see him back on Twitter, slowing ingratiating himself back into the fans favor.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles on Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:49 pm

@deadbuzzardalive wrote:I don't think he will want to leave us and be seen as having failed back in China, he made such a big deal over there about owning us, and everything that went with it like signing John Terry, meeting Prince William, Tom Hanks being a fan of the club that he owns, and the way he was being praised by many of the fans for turning the club around; would be a bit of an embarrassing comedown for him, if he were to leave now, not to mention that he's getting some bad press for how badly his other businesses are doing, so again, I'm not sure if he'd want admit yet another failure by selling us.

I think he'll be desperate to stay in some capacity and turn things around. If we win a few games at the start of the season, expect to see him back on Twitter, slowing ingratiating himself back into the fans favor.

This is my take on the situation as well, ideally I think he would like to hold onto 51% of the club, whether this is possible is another matter entirely!
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:49 am

Well This, is a story from the Express & Star regarding the supporters trust writing an open letter to Xia, but the part I found the most interesting was this...

Sources close to the negotiations have told the Express & Star they are hopeful of a significant breakthrough within the next 48 hours.

Yet it is also understood Xia has not entirely given up hope of a deal which would see him maintain overall control.

I don't know how reliable the Express & Star are or Matt Maher, but hopefully they're right about there being a breakthrough in the next 48 hours.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:33 am

matt maher
‏Verified account @mjmarr_star
As of last night, still no serious developments on the takeover front since midweek. Still two groups seriously interested and hopeful of making headway in the coming days. #avfc

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro on Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:42 am

@deadbuzzardalive wrote:I don't think he will want to leave us and be seen as having failed back in China, he made such a big deal over there about owning us, and everything that went with it like signing John Terry, meeting Prince William, Tom Hanks being a fan of the club that he owns, and the way he was being praised by many of the fans for turning the club around; would be a bit of an embarrassing comedown for him, if he were to leave now, not to mention that he's getting some bad press for how badly his other businesses are doing, so again, I'm not sure if he'd want admit yet another failure by selling us.

I honestly don't see that as an issue, or a least not a very big one. Failing as owner of Aston Villa is any more significant in china - than in any other country, in fact you could argue Randy Lerner suffered more high profile embarrassment as villa were mostly a premiership club. Xia isn't a high profile business person in china - and outside of the big premiership clubs football doesn't hit the headlines. I would guess that Xia's struggles at villa are largely unnoticed in china.

My worry is that Xia's empire of owning a small cabling company, and a small health foods company (aka the mighty recon !!!) - didn't generate enough for him to have £60-80m cash to buy Aston Villa 2 years ago - as such he financed the deal by some other means (a loan in simple terms) - so given the value of aston villa today £30-50m ? - he has negative equity in Aston Villa, and as such can't not sell unless he gets what he paid lerner for the club 2 years ago.

If he sticks around - running aston villa month by monrh, selling assets and taking out loans against the club - by the time he does exit it could 10 years to get us back on an even keel.

Like I say think of him of not quite as bad as carson yeung and you won't be far wrong.

smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:24 pm

Recon Wenyuan Cable aren't a small business, he paid $200m dollars for a twenty percent stake in them as reported in the Chinese business media, and since then bought another 10 percent, although I'm not sure if it's the case that he still owns that much of a stake in them as of now. Also Lotus are the biggest manufacturer of whatever it is they produce (Monosodium Glutamate?) in China, so they're hardly a small foods company either. His businesses appear to be doing badly and he's losing money, but I think this idea that he's a skint chancer is overplayed, he might not be mega rich like so many hoped, but he's obviously got money, but perhaps he's more asset rich than money rich.

As for how he acquired us in the first place, that was through selling shares in Teamax, which again speaks to the idea that he's more asset rich than cash rich.

Xia might not be hitting the headlines on a weekly basis over there, but he has been the cover story of some of the biggest financial magazines in China, and also been featured on the news over there through owning us as well, so whilst he might not be hitting the headlines every week, he hasn't gone unnoticed either. The difference with Lerner is that he didn't make as big of a deal about owning us to promote his reputation, as he didn't really need to, he already owned the Cleveland Browns, and he actually had some relative success with us, and in selling up, didn't really have a lot to lose.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:42 pm

Also I'd be wary of the 'Villa Leaks' blog, the contents of which I'm seeing a lot of people put trust in, the author is a small heath fan, anyone who thinks he isn't biased is very much mistaken, he hates Villa, I remember just before McLeish was appointed there was a rumour that the deal had fallen through, which got a lot of Villa fans hopes up, and he was bragging that he helped start that rumor, he's the same guy who also bragged about having dirt on Xia, that he wasn't going to reveal, until the right moment, so as to maximize the negative impact it would have on us - he's 'El Mayor' on 'small heath alliance'.

I've read some of the posts on there, and they're well researched, but he's definitely trying to put a negative slant on things from a Villa perspective, as despite being called 'Villa Leaks', it's main audience is small heath fans, so he's writing to please them.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro on Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:23 pm

@deadbuzzardalive wrote:Recon Wenyuan Cable aren't a small business, he paid $200m dollars for a twenty percent stake in them as reported in the Chinese business media, and since then bought another 10 percent, although I'm not sure if it's the case that he still owns that much of a stake in them as of now. Also Lotus are the biggest manufacturer of whatever it is they produce (Monosodium Glutamate?) in China, so they're hardly a small foods company either. His businesses appear to be doing badly and he's losing money, but I think this idea that he's a skint chancer is overplayed, he might not be mega rich like so many hoped, but he's obviously got money, but perhaps he's more asset rich than money rich.

As for how he acquired us in the first place, that was through selling shares in Teamax, which again speaks to the idea that he's more asset rich than cash rich.

Xia might not be hitting the headlines on a weekly basis over there, but he has been the cover story of some of the biggest financial magazines in China, and also been featured on the news over there through owning us as well, so whilst he might not be hitting the headlines every week, he hasn't gone unnoticed either. The difference with Lerner is that he didn't make as big of a deal about owning us to promote his reputation, as he didn't really need to, he already owned the Cleveland Browns, and he actually had some relative success with us, and in selling up, didn't really have a lot to lose.

Lotus manufacture that MSG stuff - which now has been linked to cancer and some Chinese restaurants now advertise as MSG free -

I though Xia held a 18% stake in teamax - not the cabling company.

Its all relative of course but Xia loosing 30-40m on villa could ruin him financially - Lerner took a massive loss but it was never going to bring him to his knees the way it looks like it will for xia - unless someone rocks up with a massive bid.

Anyway there looks like a boardroom departure with Ho looking to be on the move. Whether thats significant ....who knows...
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:11 pm

He's since deleted the post that looked like a goodby, and replaced it with this...

Which perhaps suggests the opposite, but maybe he's just covering himself, they were both originally written in Chinese as well, and what we're seeing is the instagram translation.

Last edited by deadbuzzardalive on Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:12 am; edited 1 time in total

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer on Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:41 am

Well the new season fast approaching and we still don't know whether we'll even still be a club by the time it kicks off let alone what state the remnants of the squad would look like.

What a joke
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles on Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:24 am

@The Utterer wrote:Well the new season fast approaching and we still don't know whether we'll even still be a club by the time it kicks off let alone what state the remnants of the squad would look like.

What a joke

At least we have absolutely no expectations this season, pretty sad all round!
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer on Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:52 am

I barely have an interest let alone any expectations Laughing aside from a passing glance to see what the latest embarrassment is. To think this club used to be Champions of Europe lol!

The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum