The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Steve Bruce thread

+37
andrew24561
UnclePanda
LVBrit
bruka
STO67
De Kuip
FoxyAV
deadbuzzardalive
VTID85
avfc forever
jeffvilla
Fpuppys
Jae1411
smetro
Terry Derry
rogermuffin69
danclare82
Saunders82
achilles
gdale1
villajk
Wriggle
Army villain
ember
mefromhere
Dazzle
gaffer85
Boldfinger
Trotters
Dions_Bald_Head
NARLA24
The Utterer
DelboyVilla
Villa_Dan
big ming
Gordonsleftboot
AstonThriller
41 posters

Page 5 of 43 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 24 ... 43  Next

Go down

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Steve Bruce thread

Post by achilles Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:32 pm

A few points to add to @De Kuip excellent post above:

Kodjia's return from injury has perhaps been the catalyst for the improvement.
The unchanged side is a MASSIVE plus as it breeds confidence with each other.
Winning also breeds confidence and obviously makes players believe in themselves more.
For me the most pleasing aspect of last night was seeing the players actually enjoying themselves playing for the club, they actually had a smile of their faces, perhaps we might see an actual team emerge from these talented individuals, the signs are looking up.

Sometimes managers do fall upon a system that works by accident and this seems to have happened to Bruce, it is now up to him to keep this self belief the players now seem to have and take it on with them for the rest of the season. Unfortunately for us the international break would appear to be coming at the wrong time.
achilles
achilles

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 5 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:52 pm

achilles wrote: A few points to add to @De Kuip excellent post above:

Kodjia's return from injury has perhaps been the catalyst for the improvement.
The unchanged side is a MASSIVE plus as it breeds confidence with each other.
Winning also breeds confidence and obviously makes players believe in themselves more.
For me the most pleasing aspect of last night was seeing the players actually enjoying themselves playing for the club, they actually had a smile of their faces, perhaps we might see an actual team emerge from these talented individuals, the signs are looking up.

Sometimes managers do fall upon a system that works by accident and this seems to have happened to Bruce, it is now up to him to keep this self belief the players now seem to have and take it on with them for the rest of the season. Unfortunately for us the international break would appear to be coming at the wrong time.

A la Conte at Chelski - injury forced 3 at the back and it was a revelation for them, yep, sometimes it happens.

At this rate I can get rid of the positivity thread as we'll not need a specific thread to be happy!

Just read a lengthy comment from a Brizzle fan who was at the Bolton game and said that their timewasting virtually from kick off was a disgrace - they seemed to realise that not much time ever gets added at the end of the first half, unlike the second, so used every opportunity they could to waste time - really dreadful. I hope we get an early goal against them same as Burton, and go on to destroy them. (I know this should go in the Villa Bolton thread but I'll have forgotten I've read it by the time @astonThriller starts the thread!).
De Kuip
De Kuip

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 5 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:35 am

well done brucie and the lads. Brucie seems to have got those throwings perfected now The Steve Bruce thread - Page 5 498107619

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:14 pm

After that dismal performance at the weekend how will we cope against a decent team? Bruce needs to go as the same rubbish football is still being served up! The only difference is now we are winning a few in spite of Potato Heads tactics!
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:34 pm

I think that the next 5 games will define our season with Wolves (A), Fulham (H), Blues (A), Preston (A) and Sheff Weds (H), all hard games so we will have to play better or pay the consequences!

We really need at least 10 points from that lot if we have promotion aspirations!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:46 pm

My issue is that even if we continue winning, despite however shite the football is, would you really wanna have Steve Bruce guiding this club in the Premier League? I sure as feck wouldn't. Though I guess that's a problem we have to face if we get there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:37 pm

Joppe84 wrote:My issue is that even if we continue winning, despite however shite the football is, would you really wanna have Steve Bruce guiding this club in the Premier League? I sure as feck wouldn't. Though I guess that's a problem we have to face if we get there.

brilliant. very entertaining.

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:43 am

Joppe84 wrote:My issue is that even if we continue winning, despite however shite the football is, would you really wanna have Steve Bruce guiding this club in the Premier League? I sure as feck wouldn't. Though I guess that's a problem we have to face if we get there.

There's a long way to go and many decent teams to play yet! I still say get rid now and bring in a less deluded self pitying potato brained loser!
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:52 am

DelboyVilla wrote:

There's a long way to go and many decent teams to play yet! I still say get rid now and bring in a less deluded self pitying potato brained loser!

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 5 498107619

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:00 am

He's failed to get Taylor's red card rescinded, but still that will be the perfect excuse for him should we fail in the coming games; but really there can't be any excuses, October has to continue like September if he wants to keep his job, and more importantly if we're to have any chance of getting promoted.
deadbuzzardalive

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 5 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:10 am

jimbop wrote:
DelboyVilla wrote:

Come off it jimbop, Bruce didn't end up with 4-4-2 by choice, had we not had injuries to Kodjia and Grealish we'd be looking at a 4-4-1-1 still, with Lansbury or Onomah alongside Whelan or Jedi, and while it might have worked I'm not convinced it could have been as good as what we have now. Hourihane and Davis are only in the squad because of injuries, there's no way Davis would be playing if Gabby was fit, McCormack hadn't been such an idiot and with Hogan and Kodjia ahead of him. And yet Hourihane and Davis are now guaranteed starters. I'll put my hand up and say I wanted to see Green develop on the left and Grealish behind either Hogan (who knows, it might be what he needs) or Kodjia, but as soon as it became apparent Grealish wasn't going to be available it's taken weeks for Bruce to find out his starting 10 purely by accident. And I don't think we'll be an 11 until Whelan gets a red card and Bruce is forced to play Lansbury alongside Hourihane. Yes, Lansbury. He's not done so well so far but I reckon Hourihane will bring out the best in him. My point though is we haven't ended up here because of Bruce's genius, just by a lot of luck and because we have players like Davis, Hourihane and Adomah desperate to force their way into the first team.
Incidentally I'm warming to Elmo. I don't think he's a good defender and he just doesn't look fit but he works well with Snodgrass, and long may they prosper. I don't think Bruce is all wrong, for example once someone has shown they want to play he gives them a run (see Davis, Hourihane and probably some more). I do think if he stays he needs to work with someone who understands tactics and substitutions and he has to stop blaming the players when we lose. The buck stops with him.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:21 am

FoxyAV wrote:
jimbop wrote:
DelboyVilla wrote:

Come off it jimbop, Bruce didn't end up with 4-4-2 by choice, had we not had injuries to Kodjia and Grealish we'd be looking at a 4-4-1-1 still, with Lansbury or Onomah alongside Whelan or Jedi, and while it might have worked I'm not convinced it could have been as good as what we have now. Hourihane and Davis are only in the squad because of injuries, there's no way Davis would be playing if Gabby was fit, McCormack hadn't been such an idiot and with Hogan and Kodjia ahead of him. And yet Hourihane and Davis are now guaranteed starters. I'll put my hand up and say I wanted to see Green develop on the left and Grealish behind either Hogan (who knows, it might be what he needs) or Kodjia, but as soon as it became apparent Grealish wasn't going to be available it's taken weeks for Bruce to find out his starting 10 purely by accident. And I don't think we'll be an 11 until Whelan gets a red card and Bruce is forced to play Lansbury alongside Hourihane. Yes, Lansbury. He's not done so well so far but I reckon Hourihane will bring out the best in him. My point though is we haven't ended up here because of Bruce's genius, just by a lot of luck and because we have players like Davis, Hourihane and Adomah desperate to force their way into the first team.
Incidentally I'm warming to Elmo. I don't think he's a good defender and he just doesn't look fit but he works well with Snodgrass, and long may they prosper. I don't think Bruce is all wrong, for example once someone has shown they want to play he gives them a run (see Davis, Hourihane and probably some more). I do think if he stays he needs to work with someone who understands tactics and substitutions and he has to stop blaming the players when we lose. The buck stops with him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:57 am

Much easier to just ignore him.

Don't agree regarding Elmo. I'd have Bree in any day of the week, but I wouldn't change anything as long as we're winning.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:58 am

Joppe84 wrote:Much easier to just ignore him.

Don't agree regarding Elmo. I'd have Bree in any day of the week, but I wouldn't change anything as long as we're winning.

it certainly is

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:05 pm

I just wonder how many other managers take a holiday in the international break, to my mind it just doesn't create a good impression especially to the players left behind on the training ground. Although I suppose if Bruce doesn't have anything to do with the training it really doesn't matter whether he is there or not but still not good in my eyes. Fair enough to have a couple of days off but not to fly off to his holiday home in Portugal.

I am not certain if he has had a holiday this time but he certainly did the last international break!

People will say that we are winning so what, but there is still a lot that can be sorted out on the training ground namely throw-ins and variations on corner kicks just to name a couple of things that we desperately need sorting out.
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:07 pm

I agree, he appears to be a halfwit.

Oh, I'd rather invest in Bree and if we did make it to the Premier League Elmo would be ripped to shreds but with this newfound formation Bruce might have chanced upon something we've all known for some time - by engaging our attacking players and by playing them correctly we can actually beat opponents by attacking them, rather than sitting back, hoping they don't score and hoping we'll catch them on the counter. Elmo is an attacking player, which is entirely at odds with what Bruce has shown us in the first couple of months of the season, but if he works with Snoddy and we score more than we concede then let's go with the flow. We have other options if we need them.

I'd love us to have a new manager lined up and I believe we're winning in spite of Bruce but if it's working then best leave it for now. We're going to be torn apart in the PL playing the way we play but maybe the plan is to get there, replace the manager, replace most of the players and see how that goes. I don't like that but we'll just have to see how it goes.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:10 pm

FoxyAV wrote:

Oh, I'd rather invest in Bree and if we did make it to the Premier League Elmo would be ripped to shreds but with this newfound formation Bruce might have chanced upon something we've all known for some time - by engaging our attacking players and by playing them correctly we can actually beat opponents by attacking them, rather than sitting back, hoping they don't score and hoping we'll catch them on the counter. Elmo is an attacking player, which is entirely at odds with what Bruce has shown us in the first couple of months of the season, but if he works with Snoddy and we score more than we concede then let's go with the flow. We have other options if we need them.

I'd love us to have a new manager lined up and I believe we're winning in spite of Bruce but if it's working then best leave it for now. We're going to be torn apart in the PL playing the way we play but maybe the plan is to get there, replace the manager, replace most of the players and see how that goes. I don't like that but we'll just have to see how it goes.

yet again where have I abused someone? halfwit? you don't know me, so keep behind your keyboard with your insults.

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:20 pm

jimbop wrote:
FoxyAV wrote:

yet again where have I abused someone? halfwit? you don't know me, so keep behind your keyboard with your insults.

No, I don't, but that's how you come across. Besides, how many posts past your final post is this? We thought you were off but you continue to bless us with your valuable insights.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:31 pm

FoxyAV wrote:
jimbop wrote:
FoxyAV wrote:

No, I don't, but that's how you come across. Besides, how many posts past your final post is this? We thought you were off but you continue to bless us with your valuable insights.  

I come across that way because I support bruce and you don't? another one where a bit of rubber would of saved us all. very cowardly abusing someone from behind a keyboard. no more insults please.

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:23 pm

jimbop wrote:
FoxyAV wrote:
jimbop wrote:
FoxyAV wrote:

I come across that way because I support bruce and you don't? another one where a bit of rubber would of saved us all.  very cowardly abusing someone from behind a keyboard.  no more insults please.

FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:05 am

jimbop wrote:
FoxyAV wrote:
jimbop wrote:
FoxyAV wrote:

I come across that way because I support bruce and you don't? another one where a bit of rubber would of saved us all.  very cowardly abusing someone from behind a keyboard.  no more insults please.

Best go find yourself a soft-play area Bye
Dazzle
Dazzle

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 5 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:59 am

This is definitely an argument against allowing 'patients' in secure wards access to the internet!!! Narcissistic sociopath behavior at it's classic!
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:14 am

Christ I'll be glad when the football starts. This thread is getting too snippy.
De Kuip
De Kuip

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 5 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:09 pm

De Kuip wrote:Christ I'll be glad when the football starts. This thread is getting too snippy.

Be careful what you wish for DK??? Laughing lol! The Steve Bruce thread - Page 5 1420239857 The Steve Bruce thread - Page 5 1815562058 Scarf Waving The Steve Bruce thread - Page 5 1558371468 The Steve Bruce thread - Page 5 1715320296 Bash The Steve Bruce thread - Page 5 3769219917 The Steve Bruce thread - Page 5 1375627042 The Steve Bruce thread - Page 5 50815218 afro The Steve Bruce thread - Page 5 1956653425
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:07 pm

It could always be worse ... we could have Southgate in charge!!
mefromhere
mefromhere

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 5 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 43 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 24 ... 43  Next