The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Steve Bruce thread

Page 2 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Steve Bruce thread

Post by FoxyAV on Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:24 am

@jimbop wrote:even after a 3-0 win it comes to slating how we take throws.  Embarassed

One swallow doesn't a summer make.

He's still shit at substitutions, starting 11 (and bench) selection and adapting to what's going on during a match. It almost feels like he is starting to understand how to put a team out (trial and error for a season) but the rest is down to luck, individual skill and experience. When we lose he blames the players for not doing what he's told them to do, but after a year of watching us blunder around I'm none the wiser about our style of football or what he actually wants them to do. Maybe every time he pulls the names out of hat and just tells them to keep a clean sheet and score at least one goal?
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla on Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:33 am

@jimbop wrote:even after a 3-0 win it comes to slating how we take throws.  Embarassed

Even after a 3-0 win Potato head is still an idiot of a manger! His record is still abysmal and his coaching skills are non-existant! The guy will still need sacking and all that win has done is given the idiots backing him an excuse to delay the inevitable failure and embarrassing sacking in a few weeks!

One win doesn't make Potato Head a genius!

Sack him now!

DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Joppe84 on Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:50 am

The alternative is that a 3-0 victory makes us great at throw ins. Do you see how stupid you sound?
Joppe84

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan on Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:03 am

We have been shit at throw ins as long as I can remember. That's not a Bruce problem. There's something wrong with the club as a whole when it comes to throw ins
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Joppe84 on Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:17 am

Oh I'm not saying it's Bruce's fault. We are shit at most things, and it's definitely not his fault we got to that point. I do however think a manager and coaching team paid millions should be able to rectify basic stuff like this once they are hired. He is not at fault, but he isn't impressing me either.
Joppe84

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbop on Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:24 pm

just watched the match again, absolutely shocking the way steve bruce zips his coat up, hes gotta go.

jimbop

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 on Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:39 pm

@jimbop wrote:just watched the match again, absolutely shocking the way steve bruce zips his coat up, hes gotta go.
I like that haha
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan on Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:48 pm

@jimbop wrote:just watched the match again, absolutely shocking the way steve bruce zips his coat up, hes gotta go.

Don't be stupid. He didn't wear a coat.
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbop on Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:03 pm

@Villa_Dan wrote:

Don't be stupid. He didn't wear a coat.

jimbop

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head on Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:27 pm

The question is whether we won because of the coat or in spite of it?

Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:32 pm

Us being useless at throw-ins, has been a thing since before Bruce, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't take the blame for not addressing the issue. I I think it comes down to us constantly hiring coaches who fail to put enough emphasis on us being comfortable on the ball, at the moment when we have a throw, it's fifty-fifty at best as to whether we retain the ball, because no one seems to show for it.

Saturday's result doesn't change anything in my mind, stick with Bruce and we will get the odd result like that, because we have occasional match-winners in our squad, but his brand of football won't see us winning game on a consistent enough basis for a serious promotion challenge.

Many suspected that he would have been sacked had we have lost against Barnsley, if that was the case one result shouldn't make a difference, and the club should be bold and sack him anyway, otherwise they're only delaying the inevitable whilst in the meantime we waste more time.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbop on Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:42 pm

@deadbuzzardalive wrote:Us being useless at throw-ins, has been a thing since before Bruce, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't take the blame for not addressing the issue. I I think it comes down to us constantly hiring coaches who fail to put enough emphasis on us being comfortable on the ball, at the moment when we have a throw, it's fifty-fifty at best as to whether we retain the ball, because no one seems to show for it.

Saturday's result doesn't change anything in my mind, stick with Bruce and we will get the odd result like that, because we have occasional match-winners in our squad, but his brand of football won't see us winning game on a consistent enough basis for a serious promotion challenge.

Many suspected that he would have been sacked had we have lost against Barnsley, if that was the case one result shouldn't make a difference, and the club should be bold and sack him anyway, otherwise they're only delaying the inevitable whilst in the meantime we waste more time.

want a bet bruce takes us up?

jimbop

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla on Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:48 pm

@jimbop wrote:
@deadbuzzardalive wrote:Us being useless at throw-ins, has been a thing since before Bruce, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't take the blame for not addressing the issue. I I think it comes down to us constantly hiring coaches who fail to put enough emphasis on us being comfortable on the ball, at the moment when we have a throw, it's fifty-fifty at best as to whether we retain the ball, because no one seems to show for it.

Automatically top two this season?

Yes please!

DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbop on Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:49 pm

@DelboyVilla wrote:
@jimbop wrote:

Automatically top two this season?

Yes please!

cant see where ive said top 2, said takes us up

jimbop

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla on Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:53 pm

With the squad we have? Come on should be a piece of piss?

Oh BTW I wouldn't have a bet of any sort with you, I can see the excuses not to pay up being thought of already!

DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbop on Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:58 pm

@DelboyVilla wrote:With the squad we have? Come on should be a piece of piss?

Oh BTW I wouldn't have a bet of any sort with you, I can see the excuses not to pay up being thought of already!

excuses not to pay up??? you don't even know me.

jimbop

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive on Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:15 pm

@jimbop wrote:

I don't gamble on things that I don't have a direct influence on (so basically I don't gamble at all), and my advice would be to not put money on us going up under Bruce.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbop on Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:33 pm

@deadbuzzardalive wrote:
@jimbop wrote:

I don't gamble on things that I don't have a direct influence on (so basically I don't gamble at all), and my advice would be to not put money on us going up under Bruce.

fair enuff matey

jimbop

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla on Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:49 pm

@jimbop wrote:

Let's keep it that way too!

DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbop on Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:59 pm

@DelboyVilla wrote:
@jimbop wrote:

jimbop

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla on Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:10 pm

@jimbop wrote:
@DelboyVilla wrote:
@jimbop wrote:

OOOOoooooo sticks and stones!

DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip on Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:30 pm

That's not the problem Jim, the real problem is that he's managed to zip it up 32 different ways in the last 47 games....he's still searching for the best way to zip it up....
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters on Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:14 am

It's the one side of the zip that's the problem.
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Joppe84 on Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:54 am

I'm confused.
Joppe84

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 on Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:25 pm

@Joppe84 wrote:I'm confused.

They're talking about one of these:

Alternative to buttons, press studs, velcro, rivets etc.
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum