The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Steve Bruce thread

+37
andrew24561
UnclePanda
LVBrit
bruka
STO67
De Kuip
FoxyAV
deadbuzzardalive
VTID85
avfc forever
jeffvilla
Fpuppys
Jae1411
smetro
Terry Derry
rogermuffin69
danclare82
Saunders82
achilles
gdale1
villajk
Wriggle
Army villain
ember
mefromhere
Dazzle
gaffer85
Boldfinger
Trotters
Dions_Bald_Head
NARLA24
The Utterer
DelboyVilla
Villa_Dan
big ming
Gordonsleftboot
AstonThriller
41 posters

Page 3 of 43 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 23 ... 43  Next

Go down

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Steve Bruce thread

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:33 pm

If the club were looking for an excuse to sack him (they probably weren't though, the opposite's more likely), then now after a defeat, and our home form declining badly, would be the time to do it.
deadbuzzardalive

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 3 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:43 pm

I've given up trying to guess what the thinking of our board is tbh. All I know is our football is awful.
De Kuip
De Kuip

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 3 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:53 pm

I honestly believe we are too big for him.
We expect to TRY to win every game.
Boldfinger

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 3 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:53 pm

Boldfinger wrote:I honestly believe we are too big for him.  
We expect to TRY to win every game.

Surely the weight of all that expectation is too much for our players and the manager needs more time (which the board, unfairly, us unlikely to give him)?

I think as well as the 'guess the crowd' thread for each match we should run a 'guess the excuse' thread.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:54 pm

De Kuip wrote:I've given up trying to guess what the thinking of our board is tbh. All I know is our football is awful.

But we're creating the Villa Engine(TM) don't you know. The Steve Bruce thread - Page 3 498107619
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:05 pm

I think its seized mate.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:20 pm

Specifically, 1min 23secs.
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:20 am

VTID85 wrote:

Specifically, 1min 23secs.

Spot on. Perhaps Xia was told Villa had only one previous owner as well in that same voice.. "Oh yes Mr Xia, excellent club, low mileage and one previous owner; James Bond"
"Ooh lovely I'll take it"
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:09 am

Gypsy Rose Big Ming knows all,sees all..... talk about a false new dawn. The only thing I got wrong was that I said that "soon" we would be back to the turgid, directionless shit. Never expected it to be 3 days.
Anyone could organise eleven chimpanzees to pass and move when they have the ball and press the opposition when they don't. Why are we paying Bruce and his laughable "coaches" small fortune when they would be better suited to flipping burgers for a living?
big ming

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 3 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:11 am

big ming wrote:Gypsy Rose Big Ming knows all,sees all..... talk about a false new dawn. The only thing I got wrong was that I said that "soon" we would be back to the turgid, directionless shit. Never expected it to be 3 days.
Anyone could organise eleven chimpanzees to pass and move when they have the ball and press the opposition when they don't. Why are we paying Bruce and his laughable "coaches"  small fortune when they would be better suited to flipping burgers for a living?

I'd like to award you a spotters badge mate but to be honest you didn't need a crystal ball to get that right - anyone with the wrinkly pink type would have called that right lol!
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:51 am

So we've not scored a single goal in our last THREE home games now. Bruce better hope this trend isn't the same come Saturday evening.

AstonThriller
AstonThriller

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 3 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:23 am

big ming wrote:Gypsy Rose Big Ming knows all,sees all..... talk about a false new dawn. The only thing I got wrong was that I said that "soon" we would be back to the turgid, directionless shit. Never expected it to be 3 days.
Anyone could organise eleven chimpanzees to pass and move when they have the ball and press the opposition when they don't. Why are we paying Bruce and his laughable "coaches"  small fortune when they would be better suited to flipping burgers for a living?

McDonalds and Burger King have both issued statements that their burger flippers are highly talented and skilled workers who would never produce turgid burgers to their customers! Very Happy

DelboyVilla

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 3 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:06 pm

To be honest I feel that it is just a matter of time before the inevitable happens.

Bruce doesn't seem capable of getting us to play as a team with any discernible pattern of play and we are just staggering from one game to another, hoping for the best. The problem is that this has been going on for some time and the miracle hasn't happened so it becomes a question of when!

I still hope that Bruce turns it around but I am beginning to feel that I am 'pissing in the wind'! Laughing at You
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:54 pm

Further evidence that my tribe are weak. Lee Carsley (hack/spit) says that " The way that the Villa are at the moment, the city is there for the taking" (he means top dog bragging rights). Cannot help but agree. Disgraceful how far we have fallen.
big ming

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:16 pm

big ming wrote:Further evidence that my tribe are weak. Lee Carsley (hack/spit) says that      " The way that the Villa are at the moment, the city is there for the taking" (he means top dog bragging rights). Cannot help but agree. Disgraceful how far we have fallen.

Knuckle dragger in villa-obsessed outburst shocker....

However shite we are, they'll always be shiter as currently demonstrated.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:43 pm

He's just trying to get their fans onside. Fucking inbred twat
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by gaffer85 Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:18 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:He's just trying to get their fans onside. Fucking inbred twat

Unfortunately he is not wrong though
gaffer85
gaffer85

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:34 pm

Apparently today he's come out and said that last season was all about staying in the division, every interview he seems to come out with some new untruth.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:30 pm

That sounds like he's building a case for compensation.
Trotters
Trotters

The Steve Bruce thread - Page 3 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:51 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Apparently today he's come out and said that last season was all about staying in the division, every interview he seems to come out with some new untruth.

You have to laugh, as that is utter b*ll*cks, just treat it with the contempt it deserves! lol!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:31 pm

I watched the presser today and thought whilst he seems like a decent bloke and genuinely wants to be open and honest, it's his version of honest, not necessarily what we've all experienced. Total bollocks about last season's strategy and then talking like this season is phase 2 of some master plan. The fact is most of our improvements often seem to be happy accidents. Islands of change in a sea of dross that he's served up for most of the last 40 odd games. Telling also that some of his best performers have not been his purchases.
Steve, you prove me wrong and I'll be incredibly happy, but don't spin recent history and make it something it wasn't, there's enough fucking politicians already doing that.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:48 pm

I imagine his compensation agreement is already written into his contract, unless he's trying to build a case for unfair dismissal, should he be fired. Some of the stuff he comes out with, makes me wonder that Xia doesn't get rid, for that alone.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:39 am

deadbuzzardalive wrote:I imagine his compensation agreement is already written into his contract, unless he's trying to build a case for unfair dismissal, should he be fired. Some of the stuff he comes out with, makes me wonder that Xia doesn't get rid, for that alone.
His compensation is pre-determined due to the fact that he has a one year rollong contract. At any given moment, he would be due one years pay.
I support the Club. This does not mean having to support the Manager, Coaches or even some of the waste of space players.I hold fast to the belief that, even if he wins the next three and there is an uptick in performance, the Club will not unlimately advance under Bruce's management skill set ( or lack thereof).
big ming

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:15 pm

last post on here, I'm proved right, all focking pathetic comments to provoke arguments that are always on here and for that purpose only, never real or normal comments. i say this because its all focking quiet now isn't it coz we won. ???????????????? all fockin abuse and slagging of brucie when we DRAW not just lose but fock all comments about him when we win! and before you start tapping away with those negative fingers and typing sumet like " well he didn't really do anything! well he had to ignore all of the pathetic comments and absolute abnormal talk such as " he don't know what hes doing, I could choose better tactics, hes a dinosaur zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzetc etc (which obviously the players read" he had to keep the team believing in him albeit all the retared comments on social media like on here but as I say fair play there must be ghost profiles to provoke argument coz most are more far fetched than SHA winning 3 on the trot"
brucie had to get them ready to win a vital game which we did". joppe's comment " we should of won 3 - 1, that throw in we threw was shocking, how can we not learn how to throw". focking embarrassing "so called villa fans". ( argument provokers aka Adrian durham)

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:41 pm

I'd replace him now if it was up to me, as the way he has us playing isn't sustainable over a full season, as was proved last season, during which, as it happens, we also went on similar runs to the one we're on now.

Of course people are going to be less negative after a win, otherwise it comes across as being negative for negative's sake, and more obviously we've won, so people want to enjoy that and not dwell on the downsides.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 43 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 23 ... 43  Next