The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Crystal Palace V Aston Villa all in one pre match, match and post match thread.

+14
Karlos96
mordecai
Nix999
Mr Jones
Donnie Wyer
CTVillan
Andyh
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
villa_loyal
Goose
Richard E
Ron Dalian
Thinman
Trotters
18 posters

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Predictions for Palarase

Crystal Palace V Aston Villa all in one pre match, match and post match thread. - Page 3 I_vote_lcap35%Crystal Palace V Aston Villa all in one pre match, match and post match thread. - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 35% 
[ 7 ]
Crystal Palace V Aston Villa all in one pre match, match and post match thread. - Page 3 I_vote_lcap45%Crystal Palace V Aston Villa all in one pre match, match and post match thread. - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 45% 
[ 9 ]
Crystal Palace V Aston Villa all in one pre match, match and post match thread. - Page 3 I_vote_lcap20%Crystal Palace V Aston Villa all in one pre match, match and post match thread. - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 20% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 20

Crystal Palace V Aston Villa all in one pre match, match and post match thread. - Page 3 Empty Re: Crystal Palace V Aston Villa all in one pre match, match and post match thread.

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:21 am

Lose and we are deep in the brown stuff. Where would our next points come from? Need to get something from this game really don't we?

Back to top Go down

Crystal Palace V Aston Villa all in one pre match, match and post match thread. - Page 3 Empty Re: Crystal Palace V Aston Villa all in one pre match, match and post match thread.

Post by CTVillan Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:32 am

I see a draw at best...the supposed 'excellent' away form has become a thing of the past and Palace are so well organised defensively I can't even see us scoring.

I really hope Villa prove me wrong.
CTVillan

Crystal Palace V Aston Villa all in one pre match, match and post match thread. - Page 3 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:40 am

We shouldn't be in the brown stuff solely based on a loss this week but a loss WILL cause such a catastrophic dent in our already-fragile confidence that it's conceivable that we'll not win again.

I hope that, despite Clownbert and Cuntyhouse, our captain and players like Delph get the lads together and have them gee'd up for this. Because if we do win, it will be because of that spirit as opposed to anything Lambert has said and done.

This current team succeeds and fails in individual units: if Baker/Clark have a good, solid, focused game, that allows Vlaar to do his thing. As a result, the full-backs can play their game and that defensive unit works.

If El Ahmadi plays and stops the opposition playing, that allows Delph and Westwood to do their thing and that midfield unit works.

The forward line though is a mess. Weimann - who I've had a lot of man-love for in the past is out of position, out of form, out of confidence, out of any clue and struggling. Gabby....well, he's hit and miss. Between the two of them they've got very few goals in a season so it's up to them to be the supply and/or distraction for the main man up front. Holt? That's our hope to win the game?

So I can't see the front line working as a unit. Maybe it'll be Albrighton in for Weimann? Who knows? But would anyone bet any decent amount of money on us scoring on Saturday? I wouldn't.  

So even if we dominate the game, break their play up, be solid at the back, I'm still not sure we can score.

And that's assuming we play our hi-press, in their faces, zonal game that has worked well in the past. If we play the "give them the first half and leave them no space to play in" bollocks, then we will loose because it only takes one lapse in concentration for that to go to shit. And we've got at least four or five bollock-drops in this side. And that will be more than enough for a Palace side growing in belief that they can remain in huge premiership.

I expect us to lose. I'll still be disappointed of course and will be looking at other results hoping they go our way to limit the damage. But that's what it's come down to now....I expect Villa to lose against a team that were relegation favourites not too long ago.

I expect us to lose because Tony Pulis will out smart Paul Jokebert.

I expect us to lose because I see 352 different ways we'll do it but very few ways that we will win; luck being the biggest factor.

Let's just hope that we have a good day at the office, full of heart and motivation and a few refereeing calls our way and hope that Palace have a very off day indeed.

Up the fucking Villa.
Trotters
Trotters

Crystal Palace V Aston Villa all in one pre match, match and post match thread. - Page 3 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:54 am

The whole club is a mess and the playing staff included - defence midfield and strike force all poor .

What hurts most is I'm getting a feeling of not looking forward to games anymore - i daresay I will fire up the laptop at 3-07 but doubt I will enjoy the game -.lambert is destroying my love for football and in my view is worse than Mcleish - Mcleish was negative , lambert is clueless.

His comment about villa fans need a reality check is pathetic.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:47 am

Billy McBingo wrote:Doesn't Bazz (Uncle Villa) have some kind of connection with that Jedinak chap?

Wife is very good friends with his wife.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:49 am

Uncle Villa wrote:
Billy McBingo wrote:Doesn't Bazz (Uncle Villa) have some kind of connection with that Jedinak chap?

May be a good idea to keep your head down bazz and not mention villa if we lose Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnie Wyer Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:55 am

I want to say we'll win but the way we've defended since Chelsea all I can see is a defeat & that's coming from a Villan that wastes £10 on 3-1 Benteke 1st goal every week....
Donnie Wyer
Donnie Wyer

Crystal Palace V Aston Villa all in one pre match, match and post match thread. - Page 3 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:07 am

Eastie wrote:
Uncle Villa wrote:

May be a good idea to keep your head down bazz and not mention villa if we lose Sad

The wives have been exchanging a bit of sledging with each other on Facebook today!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:07 am

Donnie Wyer wrote:I want to say we'll win but the way we've defended since Chelsea all I can see is a defeat & that's coming from a Villan that wastes £10 on 3-1 Benteke 1st goal every week....

I used to do 3-1 Barry every week

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Jones Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:52 am

I hope others can understand this, I desperately want us to win but I also want Lambert gone, and can't decide if they two mutually exclusive
Mr Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:24 am

Mr Jones wrote:I hope others can understand this, I desperately want us to win but I also want Lambert gone, and can't decide if  they two mutually exclusive
I can understand that you think it could be one step backwards to take one forwards but a step backwards might see us fall off the cliff.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:28 am

Mr Jones wrote:I hope others can understand this, I desperately want us to win but I also want Lambert gone, and can't decide if  they two mutually exclusive

I get where you are coming from- I think lambert will be gone and we will avoid relegation .

Back to top Go down

Post by Goose Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:31 am

i m basing my optimism for today on the fact that as shit as we ve been for most of the season, we ve always managed to rally and produce a result when we ve desperately needed one. today's one of those days when we need the likes of Delphi, vlaar, gabby etc to lead by example and set the tone for the rest of the team.
Goose

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:55 am

None of our defenders have scored this season

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:05 pm

I don't care how we do it I just want a win. The time for taking heart out of a good performance has passed, only points matter now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:18 pm

@MatKendrick: Villa: Guzan, Vlaar, Baker, Clark; Lowton, Westwood, El Ahmadi, Delph, Bertrand; Agbonlahor, Holt #avfc”

@MatKendrick: Villa subs: Steer, Sylla, Tonev, Bowery, Albrighton, Weimann, Bennett. #avfc

@JackWoodwardAV: 4 changes. Clark, El Ahmadi, Delph, Agbonlahor in for Bennett, Bacuna, Weimann, Albrighton. Looks like 3-5-2 #avfc #avtv

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:26 pm

Bacuna must be injured

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:27 pm

Oh, and drop our best player last week too?

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnie Wyer Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:44 pm

hmm Gabby up front and not out wide...I'd be tempted to say Villa win today.
He always plays better as a striker...
Donnie Wyer
Donnie Wyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:50 pm

I don't see the logic in dropping Albrighton though. He was the best player last week...

Hoping for a performance from Gabby and Delph today. We need the 3 points.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:53 pm

I'd take a draw today - hoping sunderland don't win - will be a huge game between Fulham and Norwich - if Norwich lose I reckon they will drop.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:57 pm

I think Gabby will get a brace today.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:00 pm

Is that a back three? Flip sake. At leasr andi is dropped about time.

At a wedding here...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:01 pm

Perfect stream today on the laptop- I will say cheerio while the games on and hopefully return at 5 - if I'm on during the game it means things are going very badly .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:01 pm

Farrell_10 wrote:Is that a back three? Flip sake. At leasr andi is dropped about time.

At a wedding here...
I wish I was there, you know how much I love a wedding :)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next