The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Aston Villa v The Sturkeys- Post match Thread

3 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Aston Villa v The Sturkeys- Post match Thread Empty Aston Villa v The Sturkeys- Post match Thread

Post by Guest Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:33 pm

Available , funnily enough, after the game has finished.
How do we get a poll option ? Please Mods. Ta muchly.

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa v The Sturkeys- Post match Thread Empty Re: Aston Villa v The Sturkeys- Post match Thread

Post by Guest Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:55 pm

Utter shite.

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa v The Sturkeys- Post match Thread Empty Re: Aston Villa v The Sturkeys- Post match Thread

Post by Guest Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:59 pm

I don't even think it was that good, John. First ten minutes I thought it was going to be just a question of 'how many and when'

Then...we get a timely reminder that this is Aston Villa.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:01 pm

Another example our inconsistency and lack of leadership. Today was a real chance to take the pressure off and try to build a bit for next season. New its back to looking over our shoulder and hoping those below us don't pull a few wins together.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:03 pm

Billy McBingo wrote:Utter shite.

Garbage - sick of this shit far too often under lambert - another year of this is too much to face - get rid!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:11 pm

I liked Sylla last season, I really did think he looked like a player.

Now he looks terrible. Doesn't even deserve a seat on the bench. Is he really the best hope as a backup for El Ahmadi (who is hardly brilliant himself)?

Back to top Go down

Post by col8 Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:12 pm

Lambert summed it up "second best"
Thank fuck there was only two teams playing.
Man Utd must be shitting bricks...
col8
col8

Aston Villa v The Sturkeys- Post match Thread 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:18 pm

PDC Lion wrote:Available , funnily enough, after the game has finished.
How do we get a poll option ? Please Mods. Ta muchly.
What question and what answers do you want and where?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:19 pm

Lambert out - koeman in !

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:25 pm

col8 wrote:Lambert summed it up "second best"
Thank fuck there was only two teams playing.
Man Utd must be shitting bricks...
Comment of the day...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:26 pm

Gabby 3 goals all season as Weimann - both not good enough to be regulars and chosen every week.

Baker, bacuna and Bertrand all poor today - dreadful defence .

Midfield outclassed by stokes reserves and a clueless manager sitting on the bench - well done stoke.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:30 pm

Eastie wrote:Gabby 3 goals all season as Weimann - both not good enough to be regulars and chosen every week.

I don't understand this. Either our backup options or really bad or Lambert things the triumvirate are undroppable. He thinks as it worked last season for a time it will click again in the same way. I'm not so sure...

I'd prefer Albrighton in the team to Weimann and would like to see others get the odd chance.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:39 pm

Very poor manager. Two steps forward and three back all the time. He has got to go.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:42 pm

The Bald Eagle wrote:Very poor manager. Two steps forward and three back all the time. He has got to go.

Understatement of the decade jon, he is not that good .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:11 pm

The Bald Eagle wrote:Very poor manager. Two steps forward and three back all the time. He has got to go.
I agree, but who do we get in?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:20 pm

Holtender1982 wrote:

Ronald koeman and he would jump at the job., feyenoord contract ends in may and he wants to manage in England .
Managed top clubs across Europe and has contacts experience and tactical nous.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:24 pm

official site wrote:

Paul Lambert on Potters defeat.

Paul Lambert admitted Villa were "second best" as they went down 4-1 to Stoke.

Lambert was frustrated as his side produced a lethargic performance which he said was "unlike us."

He said: "We made a great start.

"For 20 minutes we looked really good and scored a really good goal.

"The goals we lost were poor.

"The two lads - Andi Weimann and Karim El Ahmadi - coming off never helped us. But I still thought we were second best. Stoke deserved to beat us.

"That whole performance was very unlike us after the start.

"We looked lethargic and never really got going.

"We tried to get a goal back but it never materialised. It was a performance that wasn't like us.

"We never got going after that opening 20 minutes.

"We never defended well at all. The goals were poor. We were second best.

"What disappoints me isn't just the goals, it was the lack of energy. Sometimes that can happen, you can be a bit lethargic when you think your legs aren't taking you when you want to go. I understand that. We never got going.

"The confidence was really high as we approached the game. We usually have a lot of energy but we couldn't get going for some reason.

"We were up for the game. We started really well. You get the goal and that gets the crowd going. The conceded goals were poor.

"I can't be too critical. The players have done great these past few weeks but they didn't deserve anything today.

"You don't dwell on it now. You pick yourself and go again. That's the important thing. We have a young group but we will bounce back from it.

"You get knocked down but you get up and go for more. That's what we will do this week."

Lambert revealed that Weimann and El Ahmadi were withdrawn through injury.

He added: "Andi had a severe dead leg which he couldn't shake off.

"I will have to see how Karim is to see if he has a little thigh strain there.

"It never helped us because they have been playing very well for us. It upset us a little bit but it's still no excuse."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:26 pm

More critical than he is usually.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:12 pm

Eastie wrote:Lambert out - koeman in !

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:20 pm

Eastie wrote:
Holtender1982 wrote:

Ronald koeman and he would jump at the job., feyenoord contract ends in may and he wants to manage in England .
Would he be willing to work under our current financial constraints?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:21 pm

I just had a look at Koeman's record on Wiki. I'm not convinced he's all that to be honest.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:24 pm

Chris Harte wrote:I just had a look at Koeman's record on Wiki. I'm not convinced he's all that to be honest.
I am convinced Lambert isn't.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:27 pm

lol! Aston Villa v The Sturkeys- Post match Thread 238524133 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:32 pm

Holtender1982 wrote:
Eastie wrote:
Holtender1982 wrote:

Would he be willing to work under our current financial constraints?

Yes he wanted the Swansea job , he would take villa no doubt - won a few trophies but done very well on peanuts at feyenoord.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:33 pm

Worth a punt then?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next