The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The next Villa Manager

+48
WendyOz
worcesterkev
South London Villan
Dgrizzle7
achilles
Barabass
Boldfinger
villajk
thegaffer6
Gordonsleftboot
Peter
mefromhere
Con
big ming
Wookster
Army villain
CoE82
avfcjoe
DaveAV1
Fpuppys
jeffvilla
danclare82
gdav
Synopsis
shanghaivilla
VTID85
Saunders82
4BetLite
andrew24561
De Kuip
Villa Ranger
boltblaster
nickf21
Cha Ching
FoxyAV
Dions_Bald_Head
smetro
Dazzle
DelboyVilla
Terry Derry
The Utterer
deadbuzzardalive
Trotters
BillytheKid
Wriggle
AstonThriller
Villa_Dan
NARLA24
52 posters

Page 23 of 36 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 29 ... 36  Next

Go down

The next Villa Manager - Page 23 Empty Re: The next Villa Manager

Post by Dgrizzle7 Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:18 pm

As much as I thank Tim for the family day out to Wembley, he'd be in the same position he was before " I've not brought these players " January could be too late.

Thanks but no thanks
Dgrizzle7
Dgrizzle7

The next Villa Manager - Page 23 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:31 pm

Dgrizzle7 wrote:As much as I thank Tim for the family day out to Wembley, he'd be in the same position he was before " I've not brought these players " January could be too late.

Thanks but no thanks

According to Pat Murphy Dim Tim is not on the long or short list so don't worry!

So far we know Bruce, Clark and Wagner are on the long list of 10?
DelboyVilla

The next Villa Manager - Page 23 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:02 pm

Deperately want it to be Wagner. I understand he plays the Klopp high tempo pressing style. Imagine how thats going to go down with our bolshy/ lazy/talent-less bunch of over hyped morons. Do them good to crawl home from training too shagged to go out spending their millions.
PS. Is it Wagner (with a wag) or Wagner ( as in Wagner, Hitlers favourite composer)? Should be the latter if he is german, I think.
big ming

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:03 pm

McGrath I'm bored of this already

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:10 pm

big ming wrote:Deperately want it to be Wagner. I understand he plays the Klopp high tempo pressing style. Imagine how thats going to go down with our bolshy/ lazy/talent-less bunch of over hyped morons. Do them good to crawl home from training too shagged to go out spending their millions.
PS. Is it Wagner (with a wag) or Wagner ( as in Wagner, Hitlers favourite composer)? Should be the latter if he is german, I think.

I think he's out the picture. There are a couple of articles suggesting such - I know these aren't very robust. But in generally when there is a rumour of manager not being interested a lot of the time its true.

I actually wonder if its all done and dusted for Brucey - XIA - not due in the country until next week - is there just a lot of hot air , and possibly a back up plan. But if all goes to plan Xia will jet in and give the job to Bruce next week.
smetro
smetro

The next Villa Manager - Page 23 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by andrew24561 Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:15 pm

I would love it to go to Sean Dyche, not going to happen though, oh well can always live in hope.
andrew24561
andrew24561

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:21 pm

I've got a feeling it's going to be someone unexpected, not necessarily an unknown, just someone who hasn't been mentioned much as a contender.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:24 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:I've got a feeling it's going to be someone unexpected, not necessarily an unknown, just someone who hasn't been mentioned much as a contender.

I think its 'Brucey' or a Bombshell !
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Army villain Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:17 pm

Lots of talk saying Wagner has a interview at villa tomorrow!!
Might just be a wind up.
Army villain
Army villain

The next Villa Manager - Page 23 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:10 pm

I think I just want a talented manager to WANT the job with us. Someone that can develop us and actually be counted as a Villa man. A manager that gets our players to keep pressure and work hard. If we actually get a few wins as well it would be the icing on the cake.

I'm not really asking for the world am I?

Back to top Go down

Post by CoE82 Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:14 pm

Army villain wrote:Lots of talk saying Wagner has a interview at villa tomorrow!!
Might just be a wind up.

wasn't that said yesterday about today, or is it one of those tomorrow never comes. (-:

whoever it is needs to be in by monday, as we cant go with clarke as he was part of the RDM fuck up.

if its a new manager it needs to be a fresh start, Dr T needs to pay what it takes for the right man and back room team, we have the squad to still push top 6 if not higher. but the longer we leave it the further a drift we come and we all know what happen last season.

CoE82
CoE82

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:27 pm

Surprised Paul Clement's name hasn't been mentioned more. Derby were in the play-off places, when he left, so probably unfairly sacked in hindsight. Also perhaps more of a coach than a manager, which might suit the system that Round is trying to implement. I'd be surprised if he hasn't been considered.

Edit: I now see he's assistant manager at Bayern Munich, so would depend on how much he wants to be a manager I guess.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:47 pm

Army villain wrote:Lots of talk saying Wagner has a interview at villa tomorrow!!
Might just be a wind up.
That would tie in with rumours from BMH.
NARLA24
NARLA24

The next Villa Manager - Page 23 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:51 pm

smetro wrote:

I think he's out the picture. There are a couple of articles suggesting such - I know these aren't very robust. But in generally when there is a rumour of manager not being interested a lot of the time its true.

I actually wonder if its all done and dusted for Brucey - XIA - not due in the country until next week - is there just a lot of hot air , and possibly a back up plan. But if all goes to plan Xia will jet in and give the job to Bruce next week.

The "articles" were local Huddersfield papers claiming Huddersfield Town "believe" he would stay put, even though there hasn't been an approach yet. So I wouldn't take those articles seriously tbh.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

The next Villa Manager - Page 23 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:29 pm

It does seem that Mr Wagner is in no rush to rule himself out and the most positive the local rag can come up with is, "Huddersfield Town believe he would stay put". They're hardly brimming with confidence that they can keep hold of their boy.
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:56 pm

A lot seem to be talking if Bruce is pretty much a done deal. Not sure if that's based on him being odds on for the job.

But that doesn't really tally with what Murphy said last night, when he implied that there's a list of candidates and some of them already have jobs. It might be Bruce, but I think if it was a done deal, then it would have already been confirmed by now.

Last time we had Xia telling us names, this time that's not the case, which makes me wonder, if it is somebody who already has a job.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:41 pm

Yeah well we're gonna see in the next couple days if it really is Bruce because if he's the one what's the hold up? This decision is gonna be a test of Steve Round's credentials tbh. Because like I said previously, the easy option is Bruce, but where he can really make a name for himself is bringing in someone who could change the whole direction of this club both in the short and longterm.

For me they should be taking a serious look at Oscar Garcia. He's young, schooled in the Barcelona way so would bring a whole new philosophy to the club, and he has the added bonus of already having championship experience. What more could we ask for? Especially when his career is on an upward path having recently won the title for Red Bull Salzburg, which by the way is the second league title he's won thus far after winning the league in Isreal before joining Brighton a few years ago.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:42 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:A lot seem to be talking if Bruce is pretty much a done deal. Not sure if that's based on him being odds on for the job.

But that doesn't really tally with what Murphy said last night, when he implied that there's a list of candidates and some of them already have jobs. It might be Bruce, but I think if it was a done deal, then it would have already been confirmed by now.

Last time we had Xia telling us names, this time that's not the case, which makes me wonder, if it is somebody who already has a job.

I think Bruce is the Only out of work one - He also has 4 promotions - and a general record of ship steadying.

Now it maybe you can make a case against Bruce - and say that someone like Wagner or Dean Smith - have the 'vision' to take us higher than Brucey ever can - fair enough.....

Even though if you could make a case Where Dr Tony was torn between 2 candidates (Say Bruce\Wagner for example) Bruce to me, would get the nod simply because he is an easier, quicker and cheaper appointment. I don't see Xia paying £2m for wagner - when he could appoint Brucey for nowt.

For those reasons I think Bruce will be our manager early next week, as soon as he meets with Dr Tony, and assuming Brucey doesn't fluff his lines big time !

If it isn't to be Bruce - I think it would have be one hell of a bombshell and we land someone we thought out of our reach , Dyche, Howe...can all change by the hour of course !

smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:48 pm

AstonThriller wrote:Yeah well we're gonna see in the next couple days if it really is Bruce because if he's the one what's the hold up? This decision is gonna be a test of Steve Round's credentials tbh. Because like I said previously, the easy option is Bruce, but where he can really make a name for himself is bringing in someone who could change the whole direction of this club both in the short and longterm.

For me they should be taking a serious look at Oscar Garcia. He's young, schooled in the Barcelona way so would bring a whole new philosophy to the club, and he has the added bonus of already having championship experience. What more could we ask for? Especially when his career is on an upward path having recently won the title for Red Bull Salzburg, which by the way is the second league title he's won thus far after winning the league in Isreal before joining Brighton a few years ago.

You say whats the hold up - equally whats the Hurry ? - we have no game for over a week, even prior to the sacking of RDM Xia said he wasn't going to be around much. Popular rumour is that a shortlist of 10 is being compiled - that will be reduced to 3 - for XIa to choose and maybe interview when he flies into UK next week. Of Course Dr Tony is an unknown quantity, so anything could happen, and the guy you suggest is a good outside bet !
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:56 pm

The Doc isn't going to balk at paying £2 million to get the bloke he wants.
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:03 pm

DaveAV1 wrote:The Doc isn't going to balk at paying £2 million to get the bloke he wants.

No that isn't what I meant. But lets say he views Wagner & Bruce as comparable. Then Bruce would get it - because he comes in £2m cheaper.

smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:08 pm

smetro wrote:
DaveAV1 wrote:The Doc isn't going to balk at paying £2 million to get the bloke he wants.

No that isn't what I meant. But lets say he views Wagner & Bruce as comparable. Then Bruce would get it - because he comes in £2m cheaper.

And this is why we never find a solid manager.

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:35 pm

smetro wrote:

Even though if you could make a case Where Dr Tony was torn between 2 candidates (Say Bruce\Wagner for example) Bruce to me, would get the nod simply because he is an easier, quicker and cheaper appointment. I don't see Xia paying £2m for wagner - when he could appoint Brucey for nowt.

For those reasons I think Bruce will be our manager early next week, as soon as he meets with Dr Tony, and assuming Brucey doesn't fluff his lines big time !
It's already been said in the media that paying compo is not a problem for Xia. This is a new regime Smetro, the Lerner reign is over now.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:56 pm

I'm hoping the club are letting leak the name "Bruce" to keep the focus away from their real targets.

Trotters
Trotters

The next Villa Manager - Page 23 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Cha Ching Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:45 am

I don't want Bruce. Anyone else remember the two goals he got against Sheffield Wednesday for Utd? I'm not one to hold a grudge as you can see.
Cha Ching
Cha Ching

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 36 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 29 ... 36  Next