The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The next Villa Manager

+48
WendyOz
worcesterkev
South London Villan
Dgrizzle7
achilles
Barabass
Boldfinger
villajk
thegaffer6
Gordonsleftboot
Peter
mefromhere
Con
big ming
Wookster
Army villain
CoE82
avfcjoe
DaveAV1
Fpuppys
jeffvilla
danclare82
gdav
Synopsis
shanghaivilla
VTID85
Saunders82
4BetLite
andrew24561
De Kuip
Villa Ranger
boltblaster
nickf21
Cha Ching
FoxyAV
Dions_Bald_Head
smetro
Dazzle
DelboyVilla
Terry Derry
The Utterer
deadbuzzardalive
Trotters
BillytheKid
Wriggle
AstonThriller
Villa_Dan
NARLA24
52 posters

Page 13 of 36 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 24 ... 36  Next

Go down

The next Villa Manager - Page 13 Empty Re: The next Villa Manager

Post by Guest Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:31 am

Trotters wrote:Can we get in touch with Grealish via some young chick's Facebook account and ask the players' opinion on his sacking?

already in motion mukka

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:32 am

Good lad!!!!!
Trotters
Trotters

The next Villa Manager - Page 13 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:33 am

timothy wants to come back!! ‘The guy I was with (Randy Lerner) wanted out so it was a really difficult situation for me. ‘

When you go into a club where someone where someone wants to really pick it up and take it forward then it’s a great opportunity for any young manager.

I’d be no different to anyone else (in being interested).

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:40 am

Was Lambert such a disaster? Kept us up despite working under Lerner's restrictions.

We were going backwards under RDM. The performances were ok at first but the last few games have been disastrous. Anyone who  went on Saturday and is upset at him being sacked is clueless
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

The next Villa Manager - Page 13 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:42 am

Villa_Dan wrote:Was Lambert such a disaster? Kept us up despite working under Lerner's restrictions.

We were going backwards under RDM. The performances were ok at first but the last few games have been disastrous. Anyone who  went on Saturday and is upset at him being sacked is clueless

I wouldn't say I'm clueless mate, just gutted we have to start again as I really thought with the players we have and RDM would take us up. its not clueless, its just disappointment and the fact "we go again and again and again and again and again .........................

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:43 am

jimbop wrote:
achilles wrote:
jimbop wrote:remember the last time the fans spoke, we called for lambert........ changing manager over and over again were NEVER gonna challenge for fock all.  back to starting all over again.  forget promotion this season.

Prefer to be positive and look at this as an opportunity to get it right and at least give us a chance of promotion this season before it was too late to do anything about our dreadful start to this season.

I know mate, just fockin want us to do well and not keep having to start over again, really thought we were gonna start winning

I really wish it had worked out, as I am sick to death of this merry-go round but I honestly feel at this point in time we can't do any worse without RDM, as he has actually won 1 game in 11.
I am interested to see if Steve Clarke actually gets to manage us in a game how he fares (and how the players respond), that may tell us a lot?
achilles
achilles

The next Villa Manager - Page 13 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:48 am

jimbop wrote:
Villa_Dan wrote:Was Lambert such a disaster? Kept us up despite working under Lerner's restrictions.

I wouldn't say I'm clueless mate, just gutted we have to start again as I really thought with the players we have and RDM would take us up.  its not clueless, its just disappointment and the fact "we go again and again and again and again and again .........................

I was specifically referring to anyone who went on Saturday mate. You can't have been there and left thinking RDM deserves more time?
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:50 am

I'm delighted he's gone, I'm delighted we have an owner/board that have acted sooner rather than later. I hope the owner learns from the one mistake he has made thus far, and that was appointing a "name" that he thought carried glitz and prestige. I always thought RDM was not the right man for this time, unfortunately he turned out to be worse than even I thought possible, the RDM flag wavers have been proven wrong beyond all doubt. Anyway, that's the past now and it's time to forget him and move forward at pace and with purpose.
I still like to think back to the 90s under Deadly when we appointed Villa men that were doing ok in the lower divisions and came to Villa and got an instant response with what we'd now all look at as success. I'm talking about the appointments of people like Brian Little and John Gregory. I still romanticise about something like that, and so the idea of somebody like a Dean Smith appeals to me. But then the pragmatic me looks at somebody like Wagner and thinks maybe that's the right way to go longer term if he is a Klopp acolyte getting the results he is, clearly he could bring a "style", married to results. I don't think enough Villa fans would take warmly to Bruce, so it's a no to him from me. No to Sherwood. No to McClaren.
Big decision for Round and Wyness to make, this'll either kick start our season and hopefully result in a push to the play-off places, or it'll have a so-so effect on the fans and we languish throughout the season.
Wagner or Smith for me, I'm edging toward Wagner.
Dazzle
Dazzle

The next Villa Manager - Page 13 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:59 am

Villa_Dan wrote:
jimbop wrote:

I wouldn't say I'm clueless mate, just gutted we have to start again as I really thought with the players we have and RDM would take us up.  its not clueless, its just disappointment and the fact "we go again and again and again and again and again .........................

I was specifically referring to anyone who went on Saturday mate. You can't have been there and left thinking RDM deserves more time?

no I didn't mate, i think the desperation i feel for us to do well blinds the reality. just sick to death of starting over again and again

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:08 pm

Dazzle wrote:I'm delighted he's gone, I'm delighted we have an owner/board that have acted sooner rather than later. I hope the owner learns from the one mistake he has made thus far, and that was appointing a "name" that he thought carried glitz and prestige. I always thought RDM was not the right man for this time, unfortunately he turned out to be worse than even I thought possible, the RDM flag wavers have been proven wrong beyond all doubt.  Anyway, that's the past now and it's time to forget him and move forward at pace and with purpose.
I still like to think back to the 90s under Deadly when we appointed Villa men that were doing ok in the lower divisions and came to Villa and got an instant response with what we'd now all look at as success. I'm talking about the appointments of people like Brian Little and John Gregory. I still romanticise about something like that, and so the idea of somebody like a Dean Smith appeals to me. But then the pragmatic me looks at somebody like Wagner and thinks maybe that's the right way to go longer term if he is a Klopp acolyte getting the results he is, clearly he could bring a "style", married to results. I don't think enough Villa fans would take warmly to Bruce, so it's a no to him from me. No to Sherwood. No to McClaren.
Big decision for Round and Wyness to make, this'll either kick start our season and hopefully result in a push to the play-off places, or it'll have a so-so effect on the fans and we languish throughout the season.
Wagner or Smith for me, I'm edging toward Wagner.

I think Leicester were in the top division when poached BL. Gregory yes.

Think its to early for Dean Smith.

I think promotion has gone this season - we need someone to steady the ship and move us up the table. Bruce gives us the best chance of that IMO. Wagner, Smith, Johnson - all might be good managers in time - but its a gamble we can't take at this point. Get it wrong a we could quite easily go down again.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:09 pm

Rowett please.

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:27 pm

I'm convinced it will be Allardyce.

Does anyone think Guidolin would do a job or does failure at Swansea rule him out as any good for us?
De Kuip
De Kuip

The next Villa Manager - Page 13 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordonsleftboot Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:32 pm

De Kuip wrote:I'm convinced it will be Allardyce.

Does anyone think Guidolin would do a job or does failure at Swansea rule him out as any good for us?

Allardyce has too much baggae, they won't touch him. Wagner, Smith lack experience of dealing with a big club. McLaren - Round unlikely to support that - you don't employ your former boss. That, for me, leaves Bruce. Solid, in more ways than one, manager with experience of this league.

Yes I was there on Saturday, was surprised when the first 'sacked in the morning' rang out, but despaired about that performance. It was dreadful. No excuses. RDM had to go. Guidolin? Why employ someone who just failed?

One other name I hate to say but may be worth a thought: Neil Warnock. Will always remember Big Ron hitting with his programme when he shouted to his players to get stuck in to Villa but he does have a knack of getting teams to play.

I guess Ian Holloway has ruled himself out.... by being right?
Gordonsleftboot
Gordonsleftboot

The next Villa Manager - Page 13 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:34 pm

Rowett!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dgrizzle7 Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:41 pm

Chris houghton?
Dgrizzle7
Dgrizzle7

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:42 pm

Was wondering if the board might emphasise continuity and try to appoint a manager fit for the current coaching setup........... Clarke has been assistant to Avram Grant, Gullit, Zola from memory, excuse me if there are others. Would sort of save time as apposed from starting all over again, but are any of them good enough?

Probably no but thought I would offer it up for discussion, I know Grant is manager of Ghana but dunno about the others.
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:48 pm

sir brian little anyone??

Back to top Go down

Post by Barabass Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:55 pm

I'd love to know if the directors have been making a shortlist for a new manager for a while or if they are only just starting to make one now. I think we need to get someone in before our next game but it cannot be rushed, as according to Dr X's latest tweet we basically rushed into picking RDM and look how that worked out.

I still can't think of a manager that would sort us out who the majority of fans would be happy with. Unfortunately with the league we are in I cannot see us getting a name in that will excite the fanbase and have us all cheering that name down at Villa Park on the day an announcement is made. I get the feeling we'll end up with an available manager like Bruce who has spent a lot of time managing championship teams and has a reputation for getting teams promoted, rather than a manager who has had success in the prem.
Barabass
Barabass

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:17 pm

Barabass wrote:I'd love to know if the directors have been making a shortlist for a new manager for a while or if they are only just starting to make one now. I think we need to get someone in before our next game but it cannot be rushed, as according to Dr X's latest tweet we basically rushed into picking RDM and look how that worked out.

I still can't think of a manager that would sort us out who the majority of fans would be happy with. Unfortunately with the league we are in I cannot see us getting a name in that will excite the fanbase and have us all cheering that name down at Villa Park on the day an announcement is made. I get the feeling we'll end up with an available manager like Bruce who has spent a lot of time managing championship teams and has a reputation for getting teams promoted, rather than a manager who has had success in the prem.

What does he mean 'We' - ?

To be fair the other geezers in the frame Pearson and Moyes haven't started great.

I suspect they started looking after the Barnsley game. He was sacked pretty swiftly on sat eve. I would hope they would have shortlist by now. Ive a feeling we got it done quickly we may be after someone from another club - probably wagner....

I think the shortlist is ....

Bruce
BSA*
Wagner
Johnson

Might be a bit early for big sam after the england scandal...
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:20 pm

mefromhere wrote:
The same Sherwood who saved us from relegation and got us to a cup final ... yes

LOL if that's the case lets get Lambert back then because he kept us in the premiership too Laughing

The fact that Sherwood hasn't gotten another job since being sacked from here tells you all you need to know about him, FULLSTOP.

Last edited by AstonThriller on Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

The next Villa Manager - Page 13 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:23 pm

Dgrizzle7 wrote:Chris houghton?

Good shout if we are looking for success in this league, pretty much squeaky clean image also. I'd prefer Hughton over Bruce.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:31 pm

Dgrizzle7 wrote:Chris houghton?

My brother would never speak to me again (he's a Brighton fan).

I don't say who I think should be approached because I feel like it gets me off on the wrong foot with whoever gets appointed instead. Still, I will say I think we'll go for the Wagner type rather than the Bruce type because of Dr X's progressive approach to modernising the club - however it does sound as though he's happy for the board to make the decision. As I've said on another thread, the tactical nose of Garde & the tub-thumping of Tim would be appreciated - rather than what we got with RDM which was the personality of Garde & the tactical ability of Tim. The next Villa Manager - Page 13 4025243045
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:32 pm

Gordonsleftboot wrote:
De Kuip wrote:I'm convinced it will be Allardyce.

Allardyce has too much baggae, they won't touch him. Wagner, Smith lack experience of dealing with a big club. McLaren - Round unlikely to support that - you don't employ your former boss. That, for me, leaves Bruce. Solid, in more ways than one, manager with experience of this league.

Yes I was there on Saturday, was surprised when the first 'sacked in the morning' rang out, but despaired about that performance. It was dreadful. No excuses. RDM had to go. Guidolin? Why employ someone who just failed?

One other name I hate to say but may be worth a thought: Neil Warnock. Will always remember Big Ron hitting with his programme when he shouted to his players to get stuck in to Villa but he does have a knack of getting teams to play.

I guess Ian Holloway has ruled himself out.... by being right?

I agree, but if football adopted that philosophy, there'd be no managers ever employed lol!
De Kuip
De Kuip

The next Villa Manager - Page 13 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:53 pm

Remember Sherwood, Garde and RDM had all been out of work for 6 months plus so perhaps we should go for a manager in a job for a change? Anything to change the cycle?

I know Lambert was in a job and high flying at Norwich and did OK here at first until he lost his bottle and got caught in the Moneyball Lerner circus?
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:58 pm

Trotters wrote:Can we get in touch with Grealish via some young chick's Facebook account and ask the players' opinion on his sacking?

grealish asked are you all happy now RDM has gone, he answered "no not happy" this coincides with the mail reporting the players are not happy and thought they were almost there in regards to wins etc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 36 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 24 ... 36  Next